Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 16

Author Topic: [0.42&0.43] The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - It's a mine... it's-a not yours!  (Read 80553 times)

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
Re: [40.xx] The Earth Strikes Back! v1.31 - And this time it's angry.
« Reply #75 on: September 15, 2015, 01:14:01 pm »

2: Not sure why the number of reactions is a problem; no more than three appear at any given workshop.  Is it causing problems with the Manager screen, plant stockpiles, or something?

It isn't, the planting was; this skirts around that matter. Also, ELEGANCE!
Yes, the plants probably aren't for everyone.  If you don't want to risk a dwarf having a preference for Emerald Spirits:
The gem vines do clutter things up a bit, and if you prefer you can delete plant_tesb.txt to remove them.  You'll end up with a redded-out menu choice on your still and the "extract gem seed" operation at a Tribute will simply destroy the rough gem.

If no one seems to like the plants, I can try to figure out some way of putting a delay into the gem seed extraction reaction and just give you the gem clusters.  You can think of the gem seed maturing in a planter/incubator/whatsit sitting in the Tribute.  I do not want to make gem clusters just pop out of gems.

But I worked so hard on those plants... (sob)

For that matter, has anyone even noticed the Stonesense graphics? :)

Are they haxalicious? I always use ASCII after changing graphics fuxed up a mod & install once. (Plus ASCII, come on)
Just type stonesense into the DFHack console near a few different kinds of Tributes.  Stonesense has its own completely independent set of graphics assets, so it doesn't matter what graphics set you're using in the main interface.  As an added bonus, you'll see my horrific attempts at drawing Awakened Stones, Pet Rocks and Wyrms.

Edit: The Incandescent Stones and Awakened Magmas use the same picture as the Awakened Stones, but with interesting color effects.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2015, 01:15:40 pm by Dirst »
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

Jazzeraint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: September 15, 2015, 01:19:44 pm »

Yes, the plants probably aren't for everyone.  If you don't want to risk a dwarf having a preference for Emerald Spirits:
The gem vines do clutter things up a bit, and if you prefer you can delete plant_tesb.txt to remove them.  You'll end up with a redded-out menu choice on your still and the "extract gem seed" operation at a Tribute will simply destroy the rough gem.

If no one seems to like the plants, I can try to figure out some way of putting a delay into the gem seed extraction reaction and just give you the gem clusters.  You can think of the gem seed maturing in a planter/incubator/whatsit sitting in the Tribute.  I do not want to make gem clusters just pop out of gems.

But I worked so hard on those plants... (sob)

You know I can just mod them out myself. :P No need for you to wreck your hard work.

Just type stonesense into the DFHack console near a few different kinds of Tributes.  Stonesense has its own completely independent set of graphics assets, so it doesn't matter what graphics set you're using in the main interface.  As an added bonus, you'll see my horrific attempts at drawing Awakened Stones, Pet Rocks and Wyrms.

Edit: The Incandescent Stones and Awakened Magmas use the same picture as the Awakened Stones, but with interesting color effects.

I'll try that. :D
« Last Edit: September 15, 2015, 04:26:21 pm by Jazzeraint »
The silver is responsible for this How?

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: September 15, 2015, 03:59:23 pm »

These test fort dwarves confuse me at times.  They get horrified seeing hostile creatures die and shrug off the death of friendly (but not yet adopted) Pet Rocks.

(This test fort had the probability of spawning creatures dialed way up.)
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
Re: [40.xx] The Earth Strikes Back! v1.32 - And this time it's angry.
« Reply #78 on: September 16, 2015, 02:39:38 pm »

Version 1.32 has been posted, mostly with bug-fixes to just how pissed off a creature will be when it emerges from Living Stone.

A "Favored" miner will release a tame Awakened Stone.
Any other miner will release a hostile Awakened Stone that claws the miner.  There is a 1-in-10 chance it is also berserk.
A "Favored" miner will release a hostile Wyrm that tail-slaps the miner.  There is a 1-in-10 chance it is also berserk.
Any other miner will release a hostile Wyrm that tail-slaps the miner.  There is a 1-in-4 chance that it is also berserk.

As before, Living Stone can leave behind a Pet Rock or two worth of rubble.

I have also included instructions for making this mod kinda-sorta work with the Starter Pack's mod manager.
Just got back, updating:

Jazzeraint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [40.xx] The Earth Strikes Back! v1.32 - And this time it's angry.
« Reply #79 on: September 16, 2015, 03:28:09 pm »

+1
The silver is responsible for this How?

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile

I've posted version 1.33, which changes the building menu so that you only have a single "Tribute" option.  This only affects the interface and not the gameplay: a Tribute built from three blocks of granite is still a Tribute To Granite and so on.

If you accidentally build a Tribute out of mismatched stones, or out of something pointless like microcline, you'll end up with a generic "Tribute" building with no available reactions.  Simple deconstruct the building to get your blocks back.  These generic Tributes will have any common-to-all-Tribute reactions that might get added in future versions.

There is a fairly important bug fix in this release, too.  Upgrading to TESB v1.33 will require genning a new world, but there are steps you can take if you have a v1.32 world that you really like.  Simply fish out the new raw/onload.init file, copy it over the one from v1.32, and comment out or delete the line that says tesb-tribute.
Just got back, updating:

Muffinator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hey so I really like your mod, and updated to v1.33 by manually adding the files to the lnp r16, like I've done previously because i also like modest mod and the expanded glazes mod. I stopped using more stones metals gems mod because some of the reactions for titanium/aluminum seem too technologically advanced but i digress... After doing a fresh install on a fresh LNP and starting a new fort, I'm not finding any fun or hidden gems, and my DFHack is spitting out this at me http://imgur.com/FGblSy6. Also I can build the workshops for all the different tributes, and built a tribute to chert, sacrificed a large gem there, and got the blue mist effect, so that parts working. Also I got pet rocks from caravans, so they're there. I have no idea how to program and stuff, but the angry red error text starts with "C:" and all my DF stuff is on my E: drive? is that it? I'ma ask my awesome programming bf when he's done playing Hots whether he knows.

I just wanna say this is my favorite mod, adds a lot of character to the fantasy of it. I think the gem plants are cool too, they kind of flesh out the world, and to me at least make the growing of underground crops feel less hacky and like they're only there so dwarves can embark on mountains/die in worldgen or something. More fleshed out you know?

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile

Hey so I really like your mod, and updated to v1.33 by manually adding the files to the lnp r16, like I've done previously because i also like modest mod and the expanded glazes mod. I stopped using more stones metals gems mod because some of the reactions for titanium/aluminum seem too technologically advanced but i digress... After doing a fresh install on a fresh LNP and starting a new fort, I'm not finding any fun or hidden gems, and my DFHack is spitting out this at me http://imgur.com/FGblSy6. Also I can build the workshops for all the different tributes, and built a tribute to chert, sacrificed a large gem there, and got the blue mist effect, so that parts working. Also I got pet rocks from caravans, so they're there. I have no idea how to program and stuff, but the angry red error text starts with "C:" and all my DF stuff is on my E: drive? is that it? I'ma ask my awesome programming bf when he's done playing Hots whether he knows.
I wouldn't expect you to troubleshoot my code :)  My initial guess from that error dump is that the script blew up when you built a trap.

This looks like it might be an situation I didn't catch in testing, since I typically don't keep a test fort around long enough to build traps.  Sincerely sorry about that!  I'll see if I can push out a quick fix after work today.

I just wanna say this is my favorite mod, adds a lot of character to the fantasy of it. I think the gem plants are cool too, they kind of flesh out the world, and to me at least make the growing of underground crops feel less hacky and like they're only there so dwarves can embark on mountains/die in worldgen or something. More fleshed out you know?
Thanks, I'm glad you're enjoying it.
Just got back, updating:

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile

It turns out that custom_type is undefined for traps, and Lua crashes instead of returning nil.

I uploaded a fixed version, but didn't increment the version number because this was a pure bugfix.  There was also an issue with the entity file, so be sure to re-install the mod completely.  The method ought to differentiate traps and bridges from workshops, but I'll ask around the DFHack thread for a more elegant solution.

Edit: Aaaaand that's what I get for rushing.  Whoever already downloaded the update, please download it again.  There was a not-yet-functional snippet of 1.34 in the hotfix, which is now removed.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2015, 07:44:16 pm by Dirst »
Just got back, updating:

Muffinator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Woops, that was me, I'll download it again.

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile

Woops, that was me, I'll download it again.
It was my fault, not yours :) The fix just requires the new files, not a new worldgen.

I did get an answer in the DFHack thread, so once I've worked the kinks out of their code v1.34 will have a more robust way of processing new Tributes.

Edit: Bad autocorrect action on my phone.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2015, 11:08:09 am by Dirst »
Just got back, updating:

Muffinator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Sounds awesome! i did another fresh start and im gonna build a fort (in a super easy place with lots of resources) and roll all the way up to some big fun to see if I find anything else.

Edit: so i did a fresh start, modest mod, glazes mod, and this mod on a fresh LNP, and started a fort, in the (b)uild a (w)orkshop menu, there are no tributes, but i do see modest mods pedestal, and I put the .insert for this mod into entity_default. I'll just see if I can find the hidden gems/awaken some stones via mining. Another thing I noticed in my older save (I dont have it anymore, I need more HDD space) was that if I had a *trained* awakened stone, saved game and exited DF, and then started playing later, upon unpausing the game, the awakened stones would attack my peeps. It got to the point where I just killed them with DFHack because they were still saying they were trained and stuff. After sacrificing a gem, the (tame) stones never did this. This was with version 1.3.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2015, 01:40:39 pm by Muffinator »

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile

Thanks, I will look into what those allegedly tame Awakened Stones are up to.  For the missing Tributes, insert this at the beginning or end of your building_tesb.txt and restart the game.  It shouldn't require a regen, but you might want to anyway.

Code: [Select]
[BUILDING_WORKSHOP:TESB_TRIBUTE]
[NAME:Tribute]
[NAME_COLOR:7:0:0]
[DIM:3:3]
[BUILD_KEY:CUSTOM_ALT_T]
[WORK_LOCATION:2:2]
[BUILD_LABOR:MASON]
[BLOCK:1:1:0:1]
[BLOCK:2:0:0:0]
[BLOCK:3:1:0:1]
[TILE:0:1:7:',':7]
[TILE:0:2:39:96:'.']
[TILE:0:3:7:',':7]
[COLOR:0:1:MAT:MAT:MAT]
[COLOR:0:2:MAT:MAT:MAT]
[COLOR:0:3:MAT:MAT:MAT]
[TILE:1:1:'O':',':7]
[TILE:1:2:39:7:'.']
[TILE:1:3:7:',':7]
[COLOR:1:1:MAT:MAT:MAT]
[COLOR:1:2:MAT:MAT:MAT]
[COLOR:1:3:MAT:MAT:MAT]
[TILE:2:1:'O':',':'O']
[TILE:2:2:39:'O':'.']
[TILE:2:3:7:',':7]
[COLOR:2:1:MAT:MAT:MAT]
[COLOR:2:2:MAT:MAT:MAT]
[COLOR:2:3:MAT:MAT:MAT]
[TILE:3:1:'O':',':'O']
[TILE:3:2:39:'O':'.']
[TILE:3:3:7:',':'O']
[COLOR:3:1:MAT:MAT:MAT]
[COLOR:3:2:MAT:MAT:MAT]
[COLOR:3:3:MAT:MAT:MAT]
[TILE:4:1:'O':',':'O']
[TILE:4:2:39:'O':'.']
[TILE:4:3:'O':'.':'O']
[COLOR:4:1:MAT:MAT:MAT]
[COLOR:4:2:MAT:MAT:MAT]
[COLOR:4:3:MAT:MAT:MAT]
[TILE:5:1:'O':'.':'O']
[TILE:5:2:'.':239:'.']
[TILE:5:3:'O':'.':'O']
[COLOR:5:1:MAT:MAT:MAT]
[COLOR:5:2:MAT:MAT:MAT]
[COLOR:5:3:MAT:MAT:MAT]
[BUILD_ITEM:3:BLOCKS:NONE:NONE:NONE]

The file on DFFD and the Dropbox backup have been updated.  Again.
Just got back, updating:

Muffinator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hey, after starting a new world with the pasted stuff in it I can build a tribute just fine, built one with 3 schist blocks, got a tribute to schist, seems to work. However, after mining for a bit, I notice nothing is spawning, and I look at DFHack, I'm still getting errors like this: http://imgur.com/xYtT5p0. Haven't tried sacrificing a gem yet, but I will.

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile

Hey, after starting a new world with the pasted stuff in it I can build a tribute just fine, built one with 3 schist blocks, got a tribute to schist, seems to work. However, after mining for a bit, I notice nothing is spawning, and I look at DFHack, I'm still getting errors like this: http://imgur.com/xYtT5p0. Haven't tried sacrificing a gem yet, but I will.
The tameness is decided after the creature spawns, so a gem probably wouldn't help.  You can try typing tesb-mining -living .25 into the DFHack console to temporarily dial up the chance of spawning... Or see an error.

I really appreciate the troubleshooting help, just wish I wasn't up against a work deadline so I can take a nice long look at what exactly the code is doing.
Just got back, updating:
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 16