Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 16

Author Topic: [0.42&0.43] The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - It's a mine... it's-a not yours!  (Read 79504 times)

Muffinator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Just typed in the console command, got http://imgur.com/IoS2vJH error out immediately. Its no problem, if you can think of anything else for me to test, say the commands, I got a fort going nicely now, I've mined out a pretty big space, and I still haven't found a single hidden gem/awakened stone/wrym..

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile

The dash before "living" is necessary (as is the space before the dash), but it might still error out again.  It's the closest thing that DFHack has to a standard syntax.

The other parameter is -gem which controls how often hidden gems appear.
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

Muffinator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

OSHI- yep not the command works, cage traaps FTW. I havent sacrificed gems yet and I got them all in cage traps. I'll see if I can replicate trained stones/wryms not staying trained when i log now.

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile

If you have a save with wild-caught-trainer-tamed and spawned-tame Awakened Stones in the same fort, it would really help pin down what's going on in their little minds.
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.

Muffinator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm working on it, got the wild-caught-and-trained ones, I cant seem to replicate the thing I said earlier though by saving and continuing later. I did find a little something wierd though with tributes, I built one, then discovered the caves were closer than I thought, a bunch of blind cave ogres rolled up and destroyed my tribute. After that, whenever I would build a tribute, it would just be a generic tribute with no actions even though I used three siltstone blocks. Tried making a gabbro one too, Same thing, just tribute. I saved and exited, then started playing again after breaking down all tributes, and when I started playing again when i built the tribute to siltstone, it built the right tribute. That's no biggie though, its not gonna happen again.. hopefully. Anyways, I'll upload my save to dffd when I get a regular tame one, though since that bug occurred pre-v1.30 (IIRC) you might have fixed it doing something. when i saved and resumed play previously for the tribute thing, I had a trained war siltstone, and it didn't go crazy on the livestock.

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile

I'm lucky to have players with such a positive attitude about bugfixing  :D

There was a bug in the spawn-unit script tucked deep inside the innards of the mod, but Boltgun and I thought we had that fixed.  If you have a 1.33 save that has tame Awakened Stones that go nuts on reload, it would help troubleshoot any remaining edge cases.  TESB will use spawn-unit.lua if it can find it; otherwise it falls back to tesb-spawn-unit.lua (which is a clone of spawn-unit at the time the mod version was published).

The DFHack wizards are working on a successor tool, create-unit.lua that should be more stable and less duct-taped-together.  If the spawn-unit features I use survive in create-unit, I'll re-write TESB to use that instead.

The case of the building destroyers destroying the ability to build the right buildings has me stumped.  If it happens again, enter tesb-tribute at the DFHack prompt to re-initialize the routine that converts useless generic Tributes into the useful specific ones.  Till next time I'll try to topple Tributes to tell what transpired.

Edit: typo
« Last Edit: September 30, 2015, 12:41:56 pm by Dirst »
Just got back, updating:

Unknown-Figure1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'll need to play with this mod some time. By the way, I like the subtitle and your signature, Dirst! ))

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile

Looking at differentiating the wyrms a bit.  My current thinking is:

Aquifer-bearing stones have a bite that causes all fat tissue to swell up (as it fills with water).
Igneous extrusive stones can slap the ground with their tail, staggering nearby foes (implemented as dizziness).
Igneous intrusive stones can spit magma.
Flux stones have steel for bones, teeth, and their oversized claws.
The remainder spits rocks, more often than the magma guys.

"Favor" protects one from the aquifer venom, the staggering effect, or being targeted by spit rocks/magma.

I want these guys to be a challenge, but not be a death sentence for the fort.  So long as that is met, I'm less concerned that they all present an equal level of challenge.
Just got back, updating:

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile

If I provided a Rubble addon version of this mod would you maintain it? It would be made in such a way that it would be unlikely to require updating for new Rubble versions, and if I make a change to Rubble that breaks the addon I will provide a patch to fix it. Basically you would just need to make sure it stays up to date with the normal version.

In general the only changes I would need to make for this to be Rubble compatible would be renaming some files so that they are auto-installed (changing script extensions to ".com.lua") and adding templates to register buildings and reactions, it would be easy to do in such a way that keeping two versions in sync would be trivial (most files would not need to be modified at all).
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

Muffinator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So, let's just say I'm not the best at actually playing DF, and I cant seem to get trained and tame awakened stones together at once, because I keep needing to conscript them to defend my fort. Maybe I should embark somewhere less crazy .. Anyways, I did notice that my DFHack window keeps getting spammed with this still http://imgur.com/J27kUPt. Also, the wrym thing your thinking of sounds cool :3

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile

If I provided a Rubble addon version of this mod would you maintain it? It would be made in such a way that it would be unlikely to require updating for new Rubble versions, and if I make a change to Rubble that breaks the addon I will provide a patch to fix it. Basically you would just need to make sure it stays up to date with the normal version.

In general the only changes I would need to make for this to be Rubble compatible would be renaming some files so that they are auto-installed (changing script extensions to ".com.lua") and adding templates to register buildings and reactions, it would be easy to do in such a way that keeping two versions in sync would be trivial (most files would not need to be modified at all).
I wouldn't mind keeping it in sync, but actually recreating the mod from Rubble scripts sounds like a lot of work (unless you're just dumping in the raws more-or-less pre-built).  Since there are 24 of a lot of things, the scripting might be helpful once the fixed cost of translating is done.
Just got back, updating:

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile

So, let's just say I'm not the best at actually playing DF, and I cant seem to get trained and tame awakened stones together at once, because I keep needing to conscript them to defend my fort. Maybe I should embark somewhere less crazy .. Anyways, I did notice that my DFHack window keeps getting spammed with this still http://imgur.com/J27kUPt. Also, the wrym thing your thinking of sounds cool :3
I don't run into that spam when I try test forts, but I'll get a chance to do some more in-depth testing in the next few days.  Just to double-check, are you using the latest build of 1.33?  I did do a couple hotfixes without incrementing the version number.
Just got back, updating:

Muffinator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yeah, I think I got one after you hotfixed it, but if I didnt, can I reinstall the latest over this fort and have it work or do i need to regen a world?

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile

It should just work, but to be extra sure just apply it to a copy of the save folder.
Just got back, updating:

Muffinator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hey so I didnt get both tame and trained awakened stones at the same time, but in this fort i made I have two -trained- war awakened chalks, and when I reload it to play some more, they start attacking my dwarf child (which I'm not that upset about really). I uploaded the save file here http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=11188 because though they just killed one kid, in the units list they are still with my livestock, and not the list of other things and stuff.. Thank goodness its chalk.. Also, when I first built the tribute to chalk, it was just "Tribute" and not to chalk, even though it had three chalk blocks in the mats. broke it down, rebuilt it, still tribute, so I saved and exited it,restarted DF, and got my miner to rebuild it in the same spot, and then it was a "tribute to chalk" and not just a tribute. Somehow the miner just managed to ignore the rampaging rocks and built the thing, and thats when I noticed that the "trained" rocks were attacking my dwarves again. Dunno if this rambling helps out a whole lot.. and the giant hole in the ground in the fort "Blazedbasement" is gonna be a large light underground pasture, I'm putting a roof over it soon, Its gonna look epic, if invaders don't happen before the roof does...
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 16