Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 16

Author Topic: [0.42&0.43] The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - It's a mine... it's-a not yours!  (Read 79506 times)

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
Re: [40.08+] The Earth Strikes Back! v1.22 - Pet rocks, and enemy rocks
« Reply #15 on: June 03, 2015, 07:16:17 am »

1.22 is a bugfix update.  The only new feature is that the mod will use the new standard spawn-unit script if it is present, but don't worry it will still use the included custom script as a fallback.  This change is just to take advantage of any new features or stability improvements from the DFHack dev team.
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: [40.08+] The Earth Strikes Back! v1.22 - Pet rocks, and enemy rocks
« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2015, 02:02:56 am »

I think it would make sense to change the title to 40.24, to let people know that it's not outdated. Even I had to double check to see if 40.08+ means "current version" or not.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
Re: [40.24] The Earth Strikes Back! v1.22 - Pet rocks, and enemy rocks
« Reply #17 on: June 04, 2015, 05:01:38 am »

Thanks Meph, that's a really good point.
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 30, 2015, 06:29:21 am »

I think you should have AWAKENED_STONE creatures spawn in caverns rarely. It makes sense that there would be at least some at large down there having been woken by some hapless miner in another fort. That way you might get mention of them in legends.
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 31, 2015, 09:16:48 am »

I think you should have AWAKENED_STONE creatures spawn in caverns rarely. It makes sense that there would be at least some at large down there having been woken by some hapless miner in another fort. That way you might get mention of them in legends.

Dirst cancels working on complicated DFHackery to generate worldgen encounters: facepalming.

I'm also working on a change to how living stone is mined to eliminate the need for a miner to inhale syndrome-laden mist.  I might rush out a new version before incorporating the mining changes, but in the meantime you can add this to the AWAKENED_STONE creature:

Code: [Select]
[BIOME:SUBTERRANEAN_CHASM]
[UNDERGROUND_DEPTH:1:3]
[POPULATION_NUMBER:10:20]
[CLUSTER_NUMBER:1:1]
[FREQUENCY:5]

The only drawback is there is no way to force the game to give you granite Awakaned Stones in granite areas, etc.  But you can imagine these guys have wandered vast distances underground.
Just got back, updating:

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile

Version 1.30 is up.  This version makes significant changes under the hood.

1. Living stone and hidden gems are no longer specific tiles that you could in principle locate and avoid.  Now every time you mine out or carve into a tile of layer stone, there is a random chance of a Hidden Gem or an Awakened Stone.  This means they no longer crowd out other minerals.
2. Awakened Stones can now show up during worldgen (thanks to Vattic's solution that was orders of magnitude simpler than the one I was working on).
3. I removed the FANCIFUL tag from all of the Awakened Stone variants.  They no longer automatically show up in artwork, but dwarves can now have preferences for them normally.
4. Pet rocks no longer all look alike in Stonesense.

Let me know if the Awakened Stones are showing up too often or too seldom.  The current frequencies are supposed to mimic the previous version's, but now it can be fine-tuned much more easily.
Just got back, updating:

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile

oOOOOH, this looks intriguing. PTW.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Bearskie

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyam nyam
    • View Profile

Cool stuff, I like it. :)

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile

Apparently, on this world one can be impressive enough to inspire worship by doing nothing at all.

Just got back, updating:

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

1. Living stone and hidden gems are no longer specific tiles that you could in principle locate and avoid.  Now every time you mine out or carve into a tile of layer stone, there is a random chance of a Hidden Gem or an Awakened Stone.  This means they no longer crowd out other minerals.
May I ask how you did that?
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

vjmdhzgr

• Bay Watcher
  • Hehehe
    • View Profile

Apparently, on this world one can be impressive enough to inspire worship by doing nothing at all.

I'm pretty sure just about all deities do nothing at all. Only death gods being worshipped by people who want to be necromancers, or ones who curse people that defile their temple do anything.
Its a feature. Impregnating booze is a planned tech tree for dwarves and this is a sneak peek at it.
Unless you're past reproductive age. Then you're pretty much an extension of your kids' genitalia

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile

I'm pretty sure just about all deities do nothing at all. Only death gods being worshipped by people who want to be necromancers, or ones who curse people that defile their temple do anything.
They do from 40.x onwards. Any diety can help a demon escape the underworld for a reason related to their sphere (so a god of heroism frees the demon so heroes can have a villain), and set angels (with sphere-based appearance) to guard the site of the demon's ascent.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

vjmdhzgr

• Bay Watcher
  • Hehehe
    • View Profile

Well that's still not going to be all deities, probably not even half unless it's a really long world with lots of vampires.
Its a feature. Impregnating booze is a planned tech tree for dwarves and this is a sneak peek at it.
Unless you're past reproductive age. Then you're pretty much an extension of your kids' genitalia

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile

May I ask how you did that?
The tesb-mining.lua script uses an eventful callback every time a job is completed, and if it's one of several digging jobs then the scripts checks if it was a layer stone.  If it was, it rolls dice on spawning a creature.  Failing that roll, it rolls dice on spawning a rough "hidden gem".

The main loop is here, though it does refer to helper functions.
Code: [Select]
miningCheck = require('plugins.eventful')
miningCheck.onJobCompleted.one=function(job)
if job.job_type >= 3 and job.job_type <= 7 then
local pos = job.pos
if caste_list[GetLayerMat(pos)] and (not GetVeinMat(pos)) and (not dfhack.maps.getTileBlock(pos).occupancy[pos.x%16][pos.y%16].item) then
if rng:drandom()<living_prob then
local command = "tesb-wake -caste " .. caste_list[GetLayerMat(pos)] .. " -location "
command = command .. "[ " .. pos.x .. " " .. pos.y .. " " .. pos.z .. " ]"
command = command .. " -miner " .. job.general_refs[0].unit_id
dfhack.run_command(command)
elseif rng:drandom()<gem_prob then
local gem = hiddenGem_list[GetLayerMat(pos)]
local gem_name = dfhack.matinfo.find(gem).material.state_name.Solid
dfhack.gui.showAnnouncement("You have struck " .. gem_name .. "!",15)
local command = "modtools/create-item -creator " .. job.general_refs[0].unit_id
command = command .. " -material \"INORGANIC:" .. gem .. "\""
command = command .. " -item ROUGH:NONE"
dfhack.run_command(command)
end
end
end
end

The parameters for that script are set in onload.init.  I haven't had any problems running it directly from the console to override the defaults for testing purposes.
Just got back, updating:

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile

Well that's still not going to be all deities, probably not even half unless it's a really long world with lots of vampires.
As far as I can tell Nunur never cursed anyone nor raised any spires.  I wonder if the [IMMOBILE] tag on the creature (which prevents any use of interactions) has an effect on the deity.
Just got back, updating:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 16