Dwarf Fortress > DF Modding

Wanted: Harder goblins in 2014 version

(1/2) > >>

Chief10:
Hey all, I play DF quite a bit, but don't even have Dabbling in the Modding skill. I searched around a bit, and couldn't find what I wanted in DF2014.

Essentially I just want to make your average goblin siege more difficult. I want to give each goblin some starting skills, namely:
Armor User: Legendary
Shield User: Legendary
Discipline: Legendary
Dodger: Professional
Wrestler: Professional
Fighter: Professional

Can someone post a simple way to do this in the Raws. I do NOT want to change goblin size or add different types of goblins. Ideally I don't want to download DFhack either.

Thanks guys :)

BlackFlyme:
There is a creature tag called [NATURAL_SKILL]

It takes two arguments, with the first being the skill token and the second being the skill level.

For example, cats have [NATURAL_SKILL:CLIMBING:15], which makes them legendary climbers.

I believe that these tokens are close to what you are looking for. You just have to add them to the goblin creature file, which should be found in the file called 'creature_standard.txt'

--- Code: ---[NATURAL_SKILL:ARMOR:15]
[NATURAL_SKILL:SHIELD:15]
[NATURAL_SKILL:DISCIPLINE:15]
[NATURAL_SKILL:DODGING:9]
[NATURAL_SKILL:WRESTLING:9]
[NATURAL_SKILL:MELEE_COMBAT:9]
--- End code ---

Chief10:
Thank you so much!

Illogical_Blox:
You could also create new castes; most caste-level tags override creature tags (for instance, you could create a caste that was far stronger.)

danmanthedog:
You also could give them an extra pair of arms or tentacles that always make things harder.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version