Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

According to the newest research, what substance is best tasked with reinvorgorating a sleepy thread?

Powdered Sweet Pod
Crushed Mermaid Scale
Elven Bone Marrow
Flaked Adamantine
Ground Unicorn Horn

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 144

Author Topic: The Hastening of Doomforests  (Read 426905 times)

PsychoAngel

• Bay Watcher
  • My silliness is our saving grace.
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
Re: The Fate of Doomforests
« Reply #105 on: December 03, 2014, 04:01:13 pm »

Oh my, another double-post.
Hopefully this won't become a running thing in my escapades...

Anyway. I'm all set to go for the next update, expect it soon.
Our forward thinking overseer at the time devised a way in which werebeasts can live in peace with other dwarves by utilizing the mysterious magical properties of soap!

Quote from: PsychoAngel on January 19, 2016
Don't worry. I've got extremely volatile exploding fish.
My friends and I say a lot of fun things to each other.

PsychoAngel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #106 on: December 03, 2014, 04:39:20 pm »

OVERSEER'S LOG, ENTRY FOUR

Back in the seat, I immediately order the buckets to be produced repeatedly, as with the lye and the soap. Next, i will furnish and smooth my new home. Excitement wells up from within, and I almost exclaim my utter ecstasy at finally having the much coveted soap in my fingertips. Yes, we will finally be clean. No more injured dwarves will be put to death by a petty infection. We will have more soap than the mountainhome could hope to produce. It all starts with one bucket, one pile of ash, and one soaper's workshop.

Now, in order to keep relations with the elves at a comfortable level, which, mind you, isn't particularly high, but not low enough to start a war, I will want us to make a small offering to their leader the next time they come by. One thing that I can do now to improve relations as well as keep the stockpiles high, is delve deep into the caves below and harvest the fungal wood which grows there.

While making designations for the new public cemetery, I learn that we have a massive stockpile of coffins just laying around, so I put them to what will hopefully be well worthwhile and decorative use.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Now, time to delve deeper than ever before. I notice a one tile wide staircase leading straight down, and in no time, notice a cavern at the bottom of it's reaches.
Time to harvest, everyone. I designate several of the fungal trees to be removed, and this will hopefully be enough to fuel our soap production for a while.

Now, I tell the masons to stop making coffins. Enough is enough, guys. Instead you will be making statues. We will not be without aesthetics, now.

I designate the statuary, and notice that the coffins were hauled down here with incredible speed.
Excavating the statuary also supplies us with more aluminum, which will allow us to lavish our dwarves with shiny furniture and grand statues. It will also make for good crafting material. I make jobs at the smelters to make gold, iron, and aluminum. Hopefully the production of that will be as quick as the coffin hauling.

Next, I order several animals to be slaughtered. We will have no complaints of "Same old food," if there ever were any, anymore.

Next, I mandate that four farmer's workshops be built near the farms for obvious reasons. Here we will extract oils to make MORE SOAP, milk animals, and make cheese.
Also, we will be producing thread here, so I suppose a textile industry will be underway as well.

This will hopefully be the budding of a new life for us here in Doomforests. I assure you that our fortress will not be living up to its name during MY reign.

...And that's all the time I have for now, guys! The soap is so real right now.
Our forward thinking overseer at the time devised a way in which werebeasts can live in peace with other dwarves by utilizing the mysterious magical properties of soap!

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: December 03, 2014, 08:58:12 pm »

Aaaargh! The door to the new crypt is asymetrical!

PsychoAngel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #108 on: December 03, 2014, 11:23:58 pm »

Shit, I usually notice these things. I'll fix it when I next resume gameplay.

Salmeuk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: December 04, 2014, 06:51:58 am »

Not to be an annoying bastard, but it's almost been two weeks that you've had that there save.

Though the soap might be worth the wait.

PsychoAngel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #110 on: December 04, 2014, 07:11:20 am »

I apologize (I think again, maybe) for the wait. I've been busy with school stuff. But as it dulls down a little I'm getting more and more time to get my turn done.

Salmeuk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: December 04, 2014, 08:32:52 am »

FASTER, MINION! THE TIME IS UPON US! THE SOAP MUST BE SHARED OR NAUGHT BUT DEATH AND DESTRUCTION WILL VISIT THESE HALLS!

I understand completely :P

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: December 04, 2014, 11:24:15 am »

Once the soap is complete, expect a full turn of disorganised decisions and OCD-induced hall beautification.

PsychoAngel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #113 on: December 04, 2014, 07:28:43 pm »

Alright, guys. I'm working on the next update right now.

PsychoAngel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #114 on: December 04, 2014, 08:14:15 pm »

OVERSEER'S LOG, ENTRY FIVE

A citizen has informed me of a lack of symmetry in the new graveyard. Well, shit. Guess I'll just go and fix that. I'll also be constructing a new hospital in front of it, so that'll be nice. It'll also put our soap to good use.

This is bad. There's only one idler in the fort, and with so much to be done, my plans may not be accomplished in a real timely manner. Hmm...

Ah, oh well. The year's not close to a close. So instead of worrying about jobs, I instead worry about our gold supply. How are we supposed to have happy, lavish nobles (And myself) if we don't have enough gold to make the furniture? I quickly designate the whole area around a sighting of native gold to be mined.

Well, that's that. We'll see how much we get. After that, I set all of the farmer's workshops to process plants. We will have many different soaps. By this time our stock of soap has gone up to around ten. Summer has arrived as well. Hopefully this won't affect our productivity in any negative way.

(OOC: At this point spacefox's weird font stuff was annoying me, so I decided to switch back to ASCII)

So you know that cemetery I built? Yeah, It's entirely full now. HOW LONG HAVE YOU GUYS NEGLECTED TO BURY OUR BRETHREN!? WHY WOULD YOU DO SUCH A THING!?

In other news, mining of the gold is going well. This ought to refill our stock a bit. Our mayor is beginning to annoy me a bit. Why would you stand around doing nothing when you can be one of the most helpful dwarves in all of Doomforests? I enable several labors to be carried out, and set him free. There are now NO IDLERS IN THE FORT! Praise overwhelming workloads! No more idle hands wasted! Today is a good day!

I erect gold and microline statues in what will be the baroness/overseer's new room. Hope they enjoy them. I enable a few jobs on a few people to ensure that their hands are never idle and that they never get bored. There is much work to be done.

Ah, and who else but Darzoth himself who would be smelting our gold and aluminum? Good work, sir. Keep it up.

Let's hope that our efforts will come to great fruition this year.

Psycho out for now.

Drokles

• Bay Watcher
  • Armok hates us unconditionally
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: December 05, 2014, 12:34:54 am »

Is there any way to make soap coffins?
On the rare occasions where this fort isnt under siege, wood cutting and hauling is our ultimate priority.

Salmeuk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: December 05, 2014, 11:31:36 am »

I imagine psychoangel huddled in a corner, muttering to himself, "soap and coffins, soap and coffins. . ."

Drokles

• Bay Watcher
  • Armok hates us unconditionally
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: December 06, 2014, 03:39:14 am »

I imagine psychoangel huddled in a corner, muttering to himself, "soap and coffins, soap and coffins. . ."

I think that's how his turn started in general.
Psychoangel has begun work on a mysterious construction.
On the rare occasions where this fort isnt under siege, wood cutting and hauling is our ultimate priority.

PsychoAngel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
Re: The Cleansing of Doomforests
« Reply #118 on: December 06, 2014, 09:35:34 am »

Coffins... Soap... Nah. It'll never work... Will it?

Anyway, love what you did to the title of the thread, man. Pretty much sums up what I'm doing in my turn. I'd like to think of it not as an utter obsession, but as a self-important rant kind of thing. In character, I'm basically ranting to myself about the incompetence of "NOT HAVING ANY SOAP". Although I might make a few changes here and there, so you'll have to stay tuned for that. I'm beginning work on the next update now as well.

Salmeuk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Cleansing of Doomforests
« Reply #119 on: December 06, 2014, 09:40:26 am »

Coffins... Soap... Nah. It'll never work... Will it?

Anyway, love what you did to the title of the thread, man. Pretty much sums up what I'm doing in my turn. I'd like to think of it not as an utter obsession, but as a self-important rant kind of thing. In character, I'm basically ranting to myself about the incompetence of "NOT HAVING ANY SOAP". Although I might make a few changes here and there, so you'll have to stay tuned for that. I'm beginning work on the next update now as well.

Oh my, I only noticed the title change once you mentioned it. Brilliant!
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 144