Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

According to the newest research, what substance is best tasked with reinvorgorating a sleepy thread?

Powdered Sweet Pod
Crushed Mermaid Scale
Elven Bone Marrow
Flaked Adamantine
Ground Unicorn Horn

Pages: 1 ... 75 76 [77] 78 79 ... 144

Author Topic: The Hastening of Doomforests  (Read 430961 times)

mate888

• Bay Watcher
  • [CRAZED]
    • View Profile
Re: The Hastening of Doomforests
« Reply #1140 on: July 07, 2015, 04:08:55 pm »

While I figure out the updating of 3's journals, I though I'd add little conspiracy's summary thing:

The Drazoth Conspiracy
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Couldn't think of any appropriate quotes.  Let me know if you know of one and I'll add it to the summary.
"Something something I'm your cousin"
-Me when I noticed that my character is actually Drazoth I's cousin.
My second turn's unnoficial goal was to turn everyone into vampires, and it backfired so bad, I ended up making the fort a more efficient, safer and friendlier place.
Apparently they evolved a taste for everything I love and care about

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1141 on: July 07, 2015, 05:10:41 pm »

While I figure out the updating of 3's journals, I though I'd add little conspiracy's summary thing:

The Drazoth Conspiracy

Couldn't think of any appropriate quotes.  Let me know if you know of one and I'll add it to the summary.
"Something something I'm your cousin"
-Me when I noticed that my character is actually Drazoth I's cousin.
Truth be told, none of the Drazoth brothers are actually blood-related.

Drazoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Conspiracy intensifies
    • View Profile
« Reply #1142 on: July 07, 2015, 09:15:32 pm »

That's supposed to be secret.  They don't know they were adopted.
Welcome to Doomforests, please, choose a cult of your liking or head to the overseers office to register your own cult. Religious freedom is pride of this fortress!

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #1143 on: July 09, 2015, 05:10:16 pm »

hello?

*bump*
Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1144 on: July 09, 2015, 05:31:16 pm »

Maxcat last updated on june 26th, which is two weeks from now. He was apparently in spring, and mentioned earlier he wasnt sure he could continue. At this point, I would suggest that we revert to the previous save, make Mate888th grab the save, and play his turn. If he cannot do this, Iamblichos is next.

Move this shit along, people.

Salmeuk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1145 on: July 09, 2015, 05:48:28 pm »

Good call, Taupe. I expressed to him that the two week timeline was actually going to be enforced starting with him, so Mate888 is now up. Let us know soon, Mate888, if you can take it. Save is here. I've updated the cult descriptions, too, thanks guys :D

The next four players are all active commentators of this glorious fortress, so I expect nothing less than four years of progress! PyroTechno made it through like a month, I think, so in the past like two (irl) months we've progressed something like two and a half years. I mean, the fps is one thing but damn people lets treat these turns like the responsibility they are. Struggling with your turn? Check in and let us know. Want to end early? It's been done before, no biggie. Having trouble motivating yourself to play? Read old journal entries (Taupe's come to mind) to inspire your actions. While enjoying yourself and writing awesome stories is the penultimate goal here, progressing through time and providing entertainment to the followers is a close second. I've felt for some time that this fortress is like an old couch we're trying to drag up a stairwell. This doesn't have to be the case.

And Maxcat, if you come back with a turn post it anyways so we can peer into one of the many alternate realities spawned from Doomforests.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2015, 06:12:28 pm by Salmeuk »

mate888

• Bay Watcher
  • [CRAZED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1146 on: July 09, 2015, 06:45:02 pm »

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAH!
Okay, guys. I'll go back home (I'm on mobile), I'll download the save, I'll play a bit and then keep playing tomorrow and the entire weekend.
Thankfully the week after next week is the beginning of the winter recess here in Argentina, so I'll have 100% free time on that week.
My second turn's unnoficial goal was to turn everyone into vampires, and it backfired so bad, I ended up making the fort a more efficient, safer and friendlier place.

TechnoXan

• Bay Watcher
  • Crundles + Kobolds = AWESOME!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1147 on: July 09, 2015, 07:22:44 pm »

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAH!
Okay, guys. I'll go back home (I'm on mobile), I'll download the save, I'll play a bit and then keep playing tomorrow and the entire weekend.
Thankfully the week after next week is the beginning of the winter recess here in Argentina, so I'll have 100% free time on that week.

You, good sir, have been tasked with Armoks greatest wish. To speed things up. You got this man!   :D
By the by, if your wondering why I use so many smiley faces, its because I smile a lot when I talk. So I use them here so I don't come off the wrong way.

And so it begins...
OPEN THE GATES!

mate888

• Bay Watcher
  • [CRAZED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1148 on: July 09, 2015, 08:53:38 pm »

Journal of His Holiness Mate the 888th, Overseer of Doomforests
Looking up on the organization of the fort I notice several things.
First and foremost: this is a clustefuck. 120 souls crammed into different places around the fort, while others (such as my fancy jail) are completely empty.
Secondly: there is a vampire in the fort. I'll have to get rid of it at some point.
Thirdly, there is a forgotten beast on the cavern along with some delicious possibly useful draltha.
Fourthly, although my legacy is thriving, with me, my son the 890th and Kogsak, now renamed to Mate the 892nd still alive, there is a ghost claiming to be me. I bet my beard on that it's Osp, deciding to annoy the crap out of the fortress. We'll have to memoralize it, sadly.
Saying that I'm dead is, of course, completely and utterly stupid. I am totally alive.
Atleast the minister of agriculture, Smuntsu, is still alive.
I'll have to figure out where the hell is everything, what use does everything have, and how to do stuff. Then I will have time to get rid of the beast in the caverns, tame (or alternatively eat) the dralthas, kill the vampire and figure out why are the elves at war with the humans (probably some Nifih buissness I don't want to hear about anyway). But after that, we may have time to make this fort into a coherent, nice place!
*sigh* this is going to be one long year.
EDIT: Also, I found out I am literally standing on this creepy "masterpiece":
What the fuck, Kib? What the actual fuck?
« Last Edit: July 09, 2015, 09:03:57 pm by mate888 »

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1149 on: July 09, 2015, 10:14:51 pm »

BTW how is the mad doctor doing?

mate888

• Bay Watcher
  • [CRAZED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1150 on: July 10, 2015, 01:33:01 pm »

BTW how is the mad doctor doing?
Alive and kicking!
Although I think the ghost that's totally not me is haunting you.
Spirits of the underworld have a thing with you.

Also:
Mwahahaha!

Journal of Mate the 888th, Overseer of Doomforests
The ghosts are getting restless, there's a corpse in the meeting hall, I'm still unable to orientate myself through the fort, and a second forgotten beast (a feathered snake with no body fat) has been spotted around the caverns.
I also noted other caged goblins. Tribeswoman that were trying to convince Smuntsu of escaping and overthrowing his uncle.
I'll have to see if I will throw them to the magma as a sacrifice to Armok or if I release them on the caverns to see if they manage to wound the forgotten beasts.
I also see that there are lots of levers, none of them with any tag saying what they do.
I would experiment but I fear destructive consequences of those actions.
Also, the dralthas seem to be inside, and there are lots of dead dwarves in the caverns, probably victims of the fightng between Dark One's cultists and the Crundleshaggers, or maybe something actually worrying I'll have to look at.
I also found this:
And proceeded to seal it, placing a door in it, as I'm too lazy to call all the dwarves in.
I hope this doesn't have evil consecuences in the future.
In other news, I created a marksdwarf squad, comprised of the most skilled marksdwarves of the fort...
Wich means I'll have to dig them an archery range...
Oh, well.
And after that I'll have to figure out a way to kill the vampire without flooding the jails with magma, as that would be a risk both to dwarves and to the fancy memorial slabs I'm placing in the cementery next door, including false me, and I wouldn't like him to kill my son, Taupe or my emergency heir...
And the game crashed. Fuck.
I'll try and do the same later and start writing where I left it.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2015, 04:13:01 pm by mate888 »

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1151 on: July 10, 2015, 02:28:08 pm »

Thats because im the equivalent of the only guy at the party that they know.

Drazoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Conspiracy intensifies
    • View Profile
« Reply #1152 on: July 10, 2015, 08:41:36 pm »

I'm pretty sure I put an archery range in the guard tower, unless you've decided to make the ever popular decision to abandon Old DoomForests again.
Welcome to Doomforests, please, choose a cult of your liking or head to the overseers office to register your own cult. Religious freedom is pride of this fortress!

mate888

• Bay Watcher
  • [CRAZED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1153 on: July 10, 2015, 08:50:45 pm »

I'm pretty sure I put an archery range in the guard tower, unless you've decided to make the ever popular decision to abandon Old DoomForests again.
No, not abandoned, but most of the population is very deep underground and Old Doomforests has little to no people in there, apart from the farmers.

mate888

• Bay Watcher
  • [CRAZED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1154 on: July 10, 2015, 11:11:20 pm »

Journal of Mate the 888th, Overseer of Doomforests
Well, the marksdwarves are organized. I found the archery range in the tower and sent them to train there.
I'll also see if it's worth it to throw the goblins (not Smuntsu, though) into the magma crabs. Meanwhile, the ghosts are being put to rest slowly but surely.
I accidentally set up an alert and I don't know how to deactivating, so both squads will be walking around the fort in uniforms, not working in civil duties but not training, either, even though I told them to train.
Oh well.
Also, I found out something about Ber, aka "VAMP", our resident vampire.
No. No, no, no, no, no. I thought we were done with Nifih alredy. Why do all vampires worship her!?
Well, that means he is a pagan. We'll have to burn him, I fear.
But how?
Also, since I have nothing else of importance to mark out, I'll just show this:
When I said people was loosing their souls because of dark cults and stuff, I said it in a figutative, zealotish way. But this guy literally has no soul.
Pages: 1 ... 75 76 [77] 78 79 ... 144