Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

According to the newest research, what substance is best tasked with reinvorgorating a sleepy thread?

Powdered Sweet Pod
Crushed Mermaid Scale
Elven Bone Marrow
Flaked Adamantine
Ground Unicorn Horn

Pages: 1 ... 77 78 [79] 80 81 ... 144

Author Topic: The Hastening of Doomforests  (Read 432502 times)

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile
Re: The Hastening of Doomforests
« Reply #1170 on: July 13, 2015, 10:14:11 am »

Alternatively, an adventure mode succession aiming to kill he cult leaders. I dont think our dwarves are allowed to settle on a human settlement, nevermind one that is active.

THAT being said, if someone can mod it that we can actually dispatch dwarven colonist to this messed place, then we have to do it. The idea of a succession game trying to establish an outpost amidst illiminati reptilian vampires and a thousand werebeasts is amazing.

Ps, will try to spend my turn cleansing the fps by mass-smashing and melting what i can. Hauling random crap will probably help.

Drazoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Conspiracy intensifies
    • View Profile
« Reply #1171 on: July 13, 2015, 11:14:00 am »

Yeah that was another idea I had.  Maybe when DoomForests dies we can have a vote or something.  Also, can I be added to the turn list?
Welcome to Doomforests, please, choose a cult of your liking or head to the overseers office to register your own cult. Religious freedom is pride of this fortress!

TechnoXan

• Bay Watcher
  • Crundles + Kobolds = AWESOME!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1172 on: July 13, 2015, 12:12:11 pm »

The Codex of TechnoXan, Master Mecha Engineer             

OOC: I hope there is a mod that lets you send colonists. If not, we could fudge it and just rename the people. And guys, Doomforests is tough! We have survived a Goat! Yes, a Goat! Its going to take a lot.  :D

Entry Eleven:

Well, things have happened. I have not been able to write for a while due to an unfortunate spelunking incident. Freaking Troglodytes left me black and blue all over! Thankfully Fido was there to scare them off, those monsters are no better than lowly Humans. Well the Haven, the new name for the Mechatechno sect base, has undergone some changes. The Crundles have created several communities in the Sprawling abandoned mine shafts. Each one competes for popularity and support by going above and beyond in the name of the sect. Increasing forge production, tapping into steam geysers, and innovating in the field of Crundle weaponry. Now thanks to the Crag Claw Republic, one of the larger tribes, each Alpha Crundle comes equipped with two gauntlets. One can expand into a shield, the other into a short sword. The idea helps harness the Crundles natural use of their claws as well as use more effective weapons. I am worried about the Seeing Eye. This group of Crundles is not on good terms with the Mechatechno sect. Just yesterday A fight broke out in the feeding grounds when a member of the Seeing Eye bit his handler! All this new found independence may not be as good as I think.

Well that Zealot Mate 888th is in charge now. I really must find a way to rid myself of that nuisance. He also committed genocide against an entire herd of Draltha's in MY Caverns! That son of a Troll likes to kill. Well, Mecha Plan F has been Completed. I have at least 50 Alpha Crundles, armed. +100 Fang Crundles. And 35 Acolytes. So now Mecha Plan G is Born. Expanding upon the idea of Mecha Plan F, starting with 8 Troglodytes and 3 Cave Ogres. Sadly these creatures intelligence is sub par. The best we can do is train them not to attack us. But we will need them soon. Soon Doomforests will be mine.

Well the serum I am working on needs something different. I added a vial of Dwarf blood, one of the acolytes. The chemical compounds within should bond with the Elven bone marrow. The new base of life (OOC: supposed to be a new DNA thing, DwarfElfAcid. DEA. ;)) This should then replace my weak mortal life base, with a stronger regenerating one. Ha! Beat that Armok.

Entry Twelve

Oh no. Shorast, my son..... Shorast was captured!  His bodyguard Crundle said that he gave him the slip near Inquisition territory. He heard a short cry from him and nothing. This will not stand! Fido, remember that cave Ogre we caught in pit trap #2? Release him in Inquisition territory. I know others might be hurt but...b...but they have Shorast! Give the Ogre that strip of cloth Mate wears, then release him in the mines near his base. Go Fido. Hurry.

The Ogre was released Thirty minutes ago. I personally fitted him with iron armor. Mate 888th will pay. I hope no innocents die, that would not look good for the sect.
By the by, if your wondering why I use so many smiley faces, its because I smile a lot when I talk. So I use them here so I don't come off the wrong way.

And so it begins...
OPEN THE GATES!

mate888

• Bay Watcher
  • [CRAZED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1173 on: July 13, 2015, 12:35:54 pm »

Mate, did you still need help pitting creatures / figuring out the military alerts screen?
Yes I do!
So Mate, what season are you on?  And with all this talk of succession forts, is there going to be a next turn, or should I just sign up for the succession fort?  :D
I'm in Timber (mid/late autmun), although I think that my turn started after it should have started.
He also committed genocide against an entire herd of Draltha's in MY Caverns! That son of a Troll likes to kill.
Genocide? There were three dralthas, and the soldiers only killed two.
And also:
IC
-Oh, my head... What did just... Was that real?
Mate then sees the holy hammer thing on his hand, and the two piles of ash that once were Shorast and Dark One, a few teeth left.
-Oh shit. It was real... That means I'm still a badass! Yeah! I still have it!
Noises come from the halls. Dwarves screaming and running, and an ogre running towards the office.
-An... Ogre? In MY fortress!? OH, HELL NO!
Mate grabs the hammer and some priests and goes out, the soldiers are upstairs in Astville, so he is alone with some robed dwarves armed with shortswords.
-Allright guys, this ogre commited a mistake in coming here! ATTA--
The ogre swiftly hits the inquisitor and sends him flying. The priests frantically stab him in the legs while he grabs a civilian with his other hand and puts him in his mouth.
-CUT THAT THINGS THROAT! FOR ARMOOO--
Mate charges at the beast and gets thrown again. The monster sends other priests and civilians flying before falling over due to the wounds on his legs.
-NOW! STAB HIM IN THE EYES!
The priests jump at the ogre, slashing at him and stabbing him in the eyes, blinding it. Mate goes at it and finishes it off with a blow of the hammer to the head.
The ogre is dead, along with three priests and a civilian.
-Your Holiness...
-What do you want?
-The ogre... It has a symbol on its back.
Mate looks at the symbol, a burnmark resembling a crundle.
-Son of a wagon full of prostitutes.
-Sir?
-Burn the ogre, send Shorast's and Dark One's ashes to them in separate jars.
-How will they know it's their ashes?
-The teeth don't burn. Human teeth are larger than dwarven teeth, they will notice.
-They didn't notice that Shorast was a human spy in the first place...
-Oh, yeah, you are right... Write "Shorast" on the jar, just if.
My second turn's unnoficial goal was to turn everyone into vampires, and it backfired so bad, I ended up making the fort a more efficient, safer and friendlier place.
Apparently they evolved a taste for everything I love and care about

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1174 on: July 13, 2015, 01:42:38 pm »

The doctor was very disapointed. Not because of the ongoing war between various cultists, or rampaging demons. Not evwn because the chiwd inquisitor had discarded his discoveries as the ramblings of a mad dwarf. No, what he truly made him mourn the state of Doomforest was the news he heard recently, about poor efficiency of the farms.

-Minister Stunstu, this is shameful to our cabinet. As minister of agriculture, I expect better from you.
-Grnnghrargh tlrooourghlou grawrghtre...
-No excuses, have them running by the end of the year.
-...Greaegh
-Good. I swear, this place. Everything went downhill since baby minister died...

mate888

• Bay Watcher
  • [CRAZED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1175 on: July 13, 2015, 03:17:30 pm »

The doctor was very disapointed. Not because of the ongoing war between various cultists, or rampaging demons. Not evwn because the chiwd inquisitor had discarded his discoveries as the ramblings of a mad dwarf. No, what he truly made him mourn the state of Doomforest was the news he heard recently, about poor efficiency of the farms.

-Minister Stunstu, this is shameful to our cabinet. As minister of agriculture, I expect better from you.
-Grnnghrargh tlrooourghlou grawrghtre...
-No excuses, have them running by the end of the year.
-...Greaegh
-Good. I swear, this place. Everything went downhill since baby minister died...
Yep. Totally sane.

Journal of Mate the 888th, Overseer of Doomforests
The soldiers are in formation. The devil bird is waiting at the gates. This may be the worst error I could ever commit.
Maybe the bird destroyed the door by accident while fighting the crab. Maybe it didn't want to trouble us.
But I shall not risk the fort. Not with the beast so close to us. We have to attack now that it's wounded and weakened. If we are lucky, my emergency heir may be able to take it down with two quick spear stabbings.
I hope so, at least.
They alredy fought a forgotten beast once, they will not cower aganist a giant cuckoo.
They unlocked the glass door.
ATTACK!
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
And may Armok have mercy on us all if you fail.

We're up for a good start. Just don't breathe the smoke!
Our brave warriors and our newly created marksdwarf squad jumps at the bird with impressive fury, not allowing it to get up. Senshuken III stabs and punches the bird with no fear. Quite an achievement for the guy who felt utter terror after seeing a dead gorlak this morning.

The battle rages on, until a brave axelord chops the bird's head off, ending its life.
As the toxic vapor dissipates, we see a glorious triumph in our hands. But not without a price. Medtob the marksdwarf, Senshuken III the swordleader and Urvad the axelord, the same one that chopped the monster's head off, lay dead on the ground. Choked on the deadly smoke. The celebrations of the victory are cut short by the mourning.
Mate the 892nd is helping Thikut up, who is in the floor, crying after seeing three of her friends die.
Still, there was no dwarfier way to die than this. Fighting a gigantic eyeless bird monster while choking in poisonous vapor.
May they rest in Armok's grace.

On the journal paper there's an image of Medtob the marksdwarf, Senshuken the swordleader, Urvad, the Birdslayer and Gusmul, the forgotten beast.
The three dwarves are striking a menacing pose. Gusmul is screaming.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2015, 03:34:26 pm by mate888 »
My second turn's unnoficial goal was to turn everyone into vampires, and it backfired so bad, I ended up making the fort a more efficient, safer and friendlier place.

TechnoXan

• Bay Watcher
  • Crundles + Kobolds = AWESOME!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1176 on: July 13, 2015, 03:48:41 pm »

Two Draltha's, three? What does it matter, you killed Shorast!! *sob!* Oh, and Mate, you are doing great!!   :) The updates are awesome and your going so fast I can barely keep up!  ;) Watch your back Inquisitor. The Crundles are learning.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2015, 10:23:54 pm by TechnoXan »
By the by, if your wondering why I use so many smiley faces, its because I smile a lot when I talk. So I use them here so I don't come off the wrong way.

And so it begins...
OPEN THE GATES!

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1177 on: July 13, 2015, 03:51:31 pm »

Also, jokes aside I think there is a direct correlation with the food supply dwindling and our minister of agriculture being in a cage rather than in his bloody office! (not a swear, his office is covered by Salmeuk's blood). Make sure minister Smunstu's new accomodations are well-furnished, spacious, and beautifully engraved.

Thanks.

mate888

• Bay Watcher
  • [CRAZED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1178 on: July 13, 2015, 05:12:42 pm »

Also, jokes aside I think there is a direct correlation with the food supply dwindling and our minister of agriculture being in a cage rather than in his bloody office! (not a swear, his office is covered by Salmeuk's blood). Make sure minister Smunstu's new accomodations are well-furnished, spacious, and beautifully engraved.

Thanks.
...I would execute Smuntsu if I didn't like him as much as you do.
That and... I don't know how to move cages from one place to another, nor I can open them remotely.
Also, there are lots of seeds, the farmers are just stupid.

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1179 on: July 13, 2015, 08:21:04 pm »

Thanks.
That and... I don't know how to move cages from one place to another, nor I can open them remotely.

1-Build the cage where you want it.
( b )uild-- ( j )cage
before selecting a specific cage, press ( x ). this will change the ''material type'' list into an exaustive list of al the cages you have, allowing you to select the cage containing smunstu.
(This is also how you proceed to select a specific engraved slab to place, instead of just ''one of ten phylite slabs''.)

2-Build a lever
( b )uild -- ( T )rap--( l )ever

3-Link the cage to the lever
press q and select lever (or simply click it if using DFhack)
press a for a new task
press ( j ) to link building to a cage
scroll down through the list of placed cages and select smunstu's cage in the list (shouldn't be that many unless the crundlepit lovers built a thousand more display cages)

4-Seal the office.
You know this step. Just build a wall so Smunstu cannot escape and murder people in his sleep
(he suffers from sleep-walking)
Ideally this is also the step where you set a nice office for him.

5-Activate the lever
select lever with q,
press a for new task
press ( P ) for pull lever.

nb: You can use any materials for both the levers and the mechanisms, as I imagine Smunstu's office won't be made exclusively of magma

mate888

• Bay Watcher
  • [CRAZED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1180 on: July 13, 2015, 08:51:00 pm »

Thanks.

1-Build the cage where you want it.
( b )uild-- ( j )cage
before selecting a specific cage, press ( x ). this will change the ''material type'' list into an exaustive list of al the cages you have, allowing you to select the cage containing smunstu.
(This is also how you proceed to select a specific engraved slab to place, instead of just ''one of ten phylite slabs''.)

2-Build a lever
( b )uild -- ( T )rap--( l )ever

3-Link the cage to the lever
press q and select lever (or simply click it if using DFhack)
press a for a new task
press ( j ) to link building to a cage
scroll down through the list of placed cages and select smunstu's cage in the list (shouldn't be that many unless the crundlepit lovers built a thousand more display cages)

4-Seal the office.
You know this step. Just build a wall so Smunstu cannot escape and murder people in his sleep
(he suffers from sleep-walking)
Ideally this is also the step where you set a nice office for him.

5-Activate the lever
select lever with q,
press a for new task
press ( P ) for pull lever.

nb: You can use any materials for both the levers and the mechanisms, as I imagine Smunstu's office won't be made exclusively of magma
Armok bless you, not so young man.

Senshuken

• Bay Watcher
  • Defend till the end.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1181 on: July 14, 2015, 04:51:04 am »

I stopped following this a long time ago because I just didn't have the desire to write the journal entries for Senshuken the third... And the sure amount of cults and plotting is just insane.

Starting from where I left off, I started reading through it today to see just how Senshuken the third was going to die. I had long assumed that he was long dead but to discover that he had only died recently... and going out like a bad ass to!

There is something about Forgotten Beasts that is bad for Senshuken's, but at least this one managed to take the bloody monster chicken down with him before he died!
Cause every silver lining has a cloud, and it won't be alright on the night; There's nothing at the end of the rainbow and there's a tunnel at the end of the light!

sculleywr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1182 on: July 14, 2015, 06:18:59 am »

This place is still going? Damn! I have a hell of a lot of reading to do now. I started reading at the beginning, then the winter took my computer away. I never saw what happened after the minister of not dying horribly came. Fucking awesome Taupe!

If this is still going, I want dorfed. Lol. Insane engraver tour guy.
I had one get happy again... After producing a bed made from their own husband's body.
I once  had a fort called paddledbottom in the plains of spanking founded by the painful punishment
And so, in a thread about cointainers with usele

mate888

• Bay Watcher
  • [CRAZED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1183 on: July 14, 2015, 03:48:51 pm »

This place is still going? Damn! I have a hell of a lot of reading to do now. I started reading at the beginning, then the winter took my computer away. I never saw what happened after the minister of not dying horribly came. Fucking awesome Taupe!

If this is still going, I want dorfed. Lol. Insane engraver tour guy.
Consider yourself dorf'd.
I stopped following this a long time ago because I just didn't have the desire to write the journal entries for Senshuken the third... And the sure amount of cults and plotting is just insane.

Starting from where I left off, I started reading through it today to see just how Senshuken the third was going to die. I had long assumed that he was long dead but to discover that he had only died recently... and going out like a bad ass to!

There is something about Forgotten Beasts that is bad for Senshuken's, but at least this one managed to take the bloody monster chicken down with him before he died!
Do you want to have a Senshuken IV? I have no problem in adding one if you want. And the number of cults has been reduced to one relevant and a bunch of Crundle molesters, so that won't be a problem, either.

Not much happens, a new dwarf called Sculleywr came into the fortress, I prepare the a new, small cozy office for Smuntsu, and engrave things. The fort is peacefull overall. Seems like the times of strife are finally ending in this fo--
Ah, crap.
And this is no goblin "token siege", this actually seems to be a big one, with trolls and more than two old goblins.
Maybe Smuntsu's uncle was kicked out of the tribe's chiefdom, and the goblins want to bring the legitimate heir back.
Either that or the usurpers want Smuntsu dead so that there is no opposition for them to take the throne.
Well, this will be a tough siege.
Aaaand...
They left.
Guess they forgot to turn left in Albuquerque.

Moonstone
Smuntsu is now free on his new, cozy office.
I noticed how Smuntsu (who seems to be wearing only a breastplate and nothing else) cried of happiness when he was able to flee the cage.
Either that or because he missed the sun, his family, other goblins, his left foot, and the fact that he never ate since my last reign...
Eh, anyways, I hope now that he is out of the cagey agriculture will go better than before.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2015, 08:29:39 pm by mate888 »

mate888

• Bay Watcher
  • [CRAZED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1184 on: July 15, 2015, 07:51:55 pm »

Well, save for that ogre attack, life has been relatively peaceful in this fortress. But this peace is a false one. An illusion of harmony made with the sole purpouse of covering all those who had wronged Armok.
Pagans. Heretics. Murderers. Monsters. All of them are alive and breathing in MY fort! A vampire, crundles, troglodytes, crundle cultists!
The list goes on and on... I still can't find a safe way to kill the vampire, but all the other things are alredy sorted!
I'll see if my plan of "dumping" the crundles into the magma will work. Otherwise, I'll do my other plan, and simply smash their atoms under a bridge.

While transporting crundles into their inevitable doom, I discovered something terrible, confusing, and disgusting.
Seems that the dwarf known as Salemuk is a disgusting zoophiliac, what the humans call a "furry". Of course, I can't execute him for this heresy, as he is a powerful dwarf and he has many dangerous friends, so I am only able to express my outrage by art.
Disgusting.

Well, back to crundle burning...
Ah, great.

99 crundles on the halls, we have 99 crundles on the halls.
If one of them burns, one of them's lost, you've got 98 crundles left on the halls.
As the moody dwarf searches for materials and works on his thing, I consagrated the souls of the executed crundles to Armok, mostly to send a message to the crundleshaggers, of course, since everyone knows crundles have no soul.
We first dropped a very big one to the magma, surely one of TechnoXan's abominations. Then a normal one. Little bastards are resistant to magma. Sunk the whole way into the magma sea before finally roasting.

It seems I'll have to get bones, gems, metal bars and stone blocks to the moody dwarf...
Eh, he can wait a couple of hours, can he?

Pages: 1 ... 77 78 [79] 80 81 ... 144