Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

According to the newest research, what substance is best tasked with reinvorgorating a sleepy thread?

Powdered Sweet Pod
Crushed Mermaid Scale
Elven Bone Marrow
Flaked Adamantine
Ground Unicorn Horn

Pages: 1 ... 80 81 [82] 83 84 ... 144

Author Topic: The Hastening of Doomforests  (Read 432497 times)

PyroTechno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Hastening of Doomforests
« Reply #1215 on: July 23, 2015, 01:44:38 pm »

Was this the fortress where I was dwarfed as a furnace operator or the fortress where I oversaw ridiculous lag for about a month and then quit?

EDIT: Or both?

Yeah, looking at the Player List, I'm listed as having already been on it. That sounds about right. The one where I came off like a total noob even though I've been playing this game for over a year. (To be fair, I haven't done much of the succession game stuff).

I think I'd like to be dwarfed, and maybe give the overseeing thing another shot.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2015, 01:48:12 pm by PyroTechno »

mate888

• Bay Watcher
  • [CRAZED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1216 on: July 23, 2015, 10:26:26 pm »

While cleaning up the fort, I noticed it was the 28th of Opal alredy. The last day of the year.
A hell of a way to greet 1065, isn't it?
Also, since I started playing this after 1064 started, because of the parts of the year played by PyroTechno before he retired it, so will I play the next year like Taupe did, or should I just put up the save? (who knows, maybe Iamblichos is a masochist and wants to deal with the reconstruction of the fort's morale by himself).
EDIT: Whoops, my bad, Obsidian is the last month, not Opal.
Still, I don't know if the year 1065 corresponds to me or to Iamblichos.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2015, 10:32:39 pm by mate888 »
My second turn's unnoficial goal was to turn everyone into vampires, and it backfired so bad, I ended up making the fort a more efficient, safer and friendlier place.
Apparently they evolved a taste for everything I love and care about

mate888

• Bay Watcher
  • [CRAZED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1217 on: July 23, 2015, 10:42:41 pm »

THE THINGS THAT HAUNTED THE FIRST DOOMFORESTERS OF THE DAYS OF OLD HAVE RETURNED TO HAUNT THE FORT AGAIN!
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
WHYYYYY!?
My second turn's unnoficial goal was to turn everyone into vampires, and it backfired so bad, I ended up making the fort a more efficient, safer and friendlier place.

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1218 on: July 23, 2015, 11:42:25 pm »

Just punch it. We are past caring about semi-megabeasts.

...Unless the army is all dead in which case run. Speaking of which. Remember like ten seconds before the army died, when someone said ''Wow Doomforests' army is in pretty good shape, impressive!''. Yeah don't say that. Ever.

mate888

• Bay Watcher
  • [CRAZED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1219 on: July 24, 2015, 12:10:40 am »

...Unless the army is all dead in which case run. Speaking of which. Remember like ten seconds before the army died, when someone said ''Wow Doomforests' army is in pretty good shape, impressive!''. Yeah don't say that. Ever.
Well, we do still have at least one melee dwarf (a speardwarf) alive, and most of the Marksdwarves.
The thing is, I don't know how effective would bolts be aganist crazed minotaurs, and the speardwarf happens to be Senshuken V... And people called like this don't have the best of luck...
Also, the minotaur is on the very top of the mountain and the army is on the very bottom, and the bridges are all open...
I guess forbidding a couple of doors would be enough, but we'd loose our entrance...
Oh God I forgot about the entrance to the trade depot.

Senshuken

• Bay Watcher
  • Defend till the end.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1220 on: July 24, 2015, 04:53:57 am »

Well, we do still have at least one melee dwarf (a speardwarf) alive, and most of the Marksdwarves.
The thing is, I don't know how effective would bolts be aganist crazed minotaurs, and the speardwarf happens to be Senshuken V... And people called like this don't have the best of luck...
Also, the minotaur is on the very top of the mountain and the army is on the very bottom, and the bridges are all open...
I guess forbidding a couple of doors would be enough, but we'd loose our entrance...
Oh God I forgot about the entrance to the trade depot.

Do it. Senshuken V will either prove himself better the Senshuken the fourth, or die trying.
Cause every silver lining has a cloud, and it won't be alright on the night; There's nothing at the end of the rainbow and there's a tunnel at the end of the light!

Iamblichos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1221 on: July 24, 2015, 05:11:33 am »

If you are just playing out the remnants of someone else's year, your year comes after that.

If you got a full year of your own, then pass it on  :)
I'm new to succession forts in general, yes, but do all forts designed by multiple overseers inevitably degenerate into a body-filled labyrinth of chaos and despair like this? Or is this just a Battlefailed thing?

There isn't much middle ground between killed-by-dragon and never-seen-by-dragon.

mate888

• Bay Watcher
  • [CRAZED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1222 on: July 24, 2015, 01:02:00 pm »

Journal of Mate the 888th, Overseer of Doomforests.
Oh shit oh shit oh shit.
Nifih/Lizard Satan seems to hate us a lot.
The doors to the trade depot are forbidden, if the bullman wants to enter, he'll have to do so throught the trade depot entrance. I'll send the army there to stop him. Even if they die, we'll have enough time to seal the ladder...
Atleast I hope so...
He's coming...
He is getting closer...
Brace yourselves, prepare for impact!
FOR ARMOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOK!
Oh. Yeah... Cage traps... I forgot about those.
Now, what should we do to the minotaur? Sacrificing him to Armok sounds tempting, but we may find some more... Interesting uses to it...
Yeah, let's do the interesting thing.
Why sacrifice a bullman to Armok when you can put him in a maze?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Dark One

• Bay Watcher
  • 'What do I care for your suffering?'
    • View Profile
« Reply #1223 on: July 24, 2015, 01:16:39 pm »

It's obvious, but you should make a shaft to safely throw annoying noblescaptives down the labirynth, and watch minotaur make sacrifices for Armok.

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1224 on: July 24, 2015, 01:48:59 pm »

It's obvious, but you should make a shaft to safely throw annoying noblescaptives down the labirynth, and watch minotaur make sacrifices for Armok.
In fact if you manage to drop the invaders into the maze from high enough to cripple them but not kill em, we can powerlevel the minotaur into a super wrestler of doom.
...Of Doom-Forests...

mate888

• Bay Watcher
  • [CRAZED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1225 on: July 24, 2015, 02:06:08 pm »

I forgot to unpause the game while I was out...
Thankfully the laptop was closed, so the game should have autopaused... Right?
Also, a foolish builder defaced something.
And yes, I was planning in putting a shaft to throw captives into the maze, but I don't know how to dump them without dumping the cage aswell...

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1226 on: July 24, 2015, 03:51:33 pm »

I forgot to unpause the game while I was out...
Thankfully the laptop was closed, so the game should have autopaused... Right?
Also, a foolish builder defaced something.
And yes, I was planning in putting a shaft to throw captives into the maze, but I don't know how to dump them without dumping the cage aswell...
Either build the cage above a hole and activate it, or build the cage in a room made mostly of a retracting bridge. Seal it, let the captive wander after you release them, then activate the bridge when they step over it.

TechnoXan

• Bay Watcher
  • Crundles + Kobolds = AWESOME!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1227 on: July 24, 2015, 04:24:05 pm »

YES A LABARYNTH!!!! Dude, that's genius!
By the by, if your wondering why I use so many smiley faces, its because I smile a lot when I talk. So I use them here so I don't come off the wrong way.

And so it begins...
OPEN THE GATES!

mate888

• Bay Watcher
  • [CRAZED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1228 on: July 24, 2015, 07:37:31 pm »

YES A LABARYNTH!!!! Dude, that's genius!
Not really, I'm just plagiarizing the island of Crete.

PsychoAngel

• Bay Watcher
  • My silliness is our saving grace.
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #1229 on: July 25, 2015, 09:19:29 am »

Actually, you'd be plagiarizing King Minos of Greek mythology, who is what the Minotaur is named after. 

Loving the progress so far, Mate. DF has been and will always be a huge source of good stories such as our own.
Our forward thinking overseer at the time devised a way in which werebeasts can live in peace with other dwarves by utilizing the mysterious magical properties of soap!

Quote from: PsychoAngel on January 19, 2016
Don't worry. I've got extremely volatile exploding fish.
My friends and I say a lot of fun things to each other.
Pages: 1 ... 80 81 [82] 83 84 ... 144