Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

According to the newest research, what substance is best tasked with reinvorgorating a sleepy thread?

Powdered Sweet Pod
Crushed Mermaid Scale
Elven Bone Marrow
Flaked Adamantine
Ground Unicorn Horn

Pages: 1 ... 81 82 [83] 84 85 ... 144

Author Topic: The Hastening of Doomforests  (Read 431130 times)

Iamblichos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Hastening of Doomforests
« Reply #1230 on: July 26, 2015, 01:07:59 pm »

Still alive, Mate?
I'm new to succession forts in general, yes, but do all forts designed by multiple overseers inevitably degenerate into a body-filled labyrinth of chaos and despair like this? Or is this just a Battlefailed thing?

There isn't much middle ground between killed-by-dragon and never-seen-by-dragon.

mate888

• Bay Watcher
  • [CRAZED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1231 on: July 26, 2015, 07:34:36 pm »

Still alive, Mate?
Yup. Tomorrow is my birthday and I'm on holidays, but I'll finish the year. And since I still have two more weeks for the next year, I feel like I should not worry too much about time.
I'll try to play as much as I can, though.
My second turn's unnoficial goal was to turn everyone into vampires, and it backfired so bad, I ended up making the fort a more efficient, safer and friendlier place.
Apparently they evolved a taste for everything I love and care about

mate888

• Bay Watcher
  • [CRAZED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1232 on: July 26, 2015, 09:42:05 pm »

I really should stop doing this "starting the game and let it play in the background as nothing really happens" thing.

Journal of Mate the 888th, overseer of Doomforests
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I forgot to lock the doors to the cavern that I unlocked for the dwarves to collect draltha bones for the moody dwarf. They're locked now, and the trog is going to be taken care of.
Wait, there are two trogs in the fort, apparently, although a farmer is taking care of the second one better than the army, should I add.
Armok almighty, this guy is vicious!
Those poor primitives are being destroyed by a bunch of civilians and Nil, the guy who killed the forgotten beast while the real army pretends to be going here...
I would even feel bad for them, if they weren't trespassers and heathens...
Well, it's done. One of the troglodytes was strangled to death by Kronk while Nil smashed his head in with a shield while the other was beaten to a pulp by a random farmer until a marksdwarf came in and stabbed the trog's head with a spear.
Then Nil decided that he was too tired to walk...
One zillion times.
My second turn's unnoficial goal was to turn everyone into vampires, and it backfired so bad, I ended up making the fort a more efficient, safer and friendlier place.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1233 on: July 26, 2015, 11:55:00 pm »

Can I be dwarfed?

Name: 42
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Dark One

• Bay Watcher
  • 'What do I care for your suffering?'
    • View Profile
« Reply #1234 on: July 29, 2015, 07:53:43 am »

It's quiet down here.... Too quiet....

Drazoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Conspiracy intensifies
    • View Profile
« Reply #1235 on: July 29, 2015, 11:02:42 am »

LOUD NOISES!!!!!!!

That better?
Welcome to Doomforests, please, choose a cult of your liking or head to the overseers office to register your own cult. Religious freedom is pride of this fortress!

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #1236 on: July 29, 2015, 01:30:27 pm »

I'm back.

Dark One

• Bay Watcher
  • 'What do I care for your suffering?'
    • View Profile
« Reply #1237 on: July 29, 2015, 02:15:05 pm »

LOUD NOISES!!!!!!!

That better?

Much better.

Drazoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Conspiracy intensifies
    • View Profile
« Reply #1238 on: July 29, 2015, 04:50:25 pm »

LOUD NOISES!!!!!!!

That better?

Much better.

Not quite...

Much better.
Welcome to Doomforests, please, choose a cult of your liking or head to the overseers office to register your own cult. Religious freedom is pride of this fortress!

mate888

• Bay Watcher
  • [CRAZED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1239 on: July 29, 2015, 05:50:52 pm »

!!GET OUT OF THE TALL GRASS!! *gets mauled to death by a velociraptor*
Don't worry, I'm still playing DF. Thankfully I have 2 more weeks since my year proper hasn't started yet...
Right?
Not quite...

Much better.
But female dwarves don't have beards...
I... Think your mother is not really a mother...
« Last Edit: July 29, 2015, 05:52:47 pm by mate888 »

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1240 on: July 29, 2015, 05:56:24 pm »

Hilariously enough, here's what I'm doing while on break. Strangely on topic.

!!GET OUT OF THE TALL GRASS!! *gets mauled to death by a velociraptor*
Don't worry, I'm still playing DF. Thankfully I have 2 more weeks since my year proper hasn't started yet...
Right?
I guess? Altho you've been at this for three weeks, so maybe we should call this a successfully completed turn and pass the next year on to someone else...
« Last Edit: July 29, 2015, 06:00:59 pm by Taupe »

mate888

• Bay Watcher
  • [CRAZED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1241 on: July 29, 2015, 06:35:41 pm »

Meanwhile at the fort:
Urist: Armok almighty! I've found ADAMANTINE! WE ARE RICH! ZULBAN! COME AND SEE THIS! WE ARE RICH!
Zulban: *slaps Urist* That's zircon, you idiot.

mate888

• Bay Watcher
  • [CRAZED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1242 on: July 29, 2015, 09:08:34 pm »

Another fake siege arrives, a goblin warband passes by, leaving one fat archer behind.
We'll let him camp there, he's not much of a threat to us, and if he tries to get in, he'll be caged and sacrificed.
A dwarf has been locked into the caverns. He's moving to the doors. I hope he gets there before the troglodyte tribe that stumbled into this fort does.
What a nice way to greet the new year.
Spring has come.
Happy 1063 everyone.

mate888

• Bay Watcher
  • [CRAZED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1243 on: July 31, 2015, 11:22:59 pm »

Journal of Mate the 888th, Overseer of Doomforests
The losf farmer is starving, and gets herself deeper and deeper into the caverns, in hopes of finding a small animal or a crundle to eat.
I think we should just resign her fate and let her starve to death in the caverns. I don't know how to tell her husband, Shortshanks (that'd be you, Iamblichos).

In slightly less depressing news, the first level of the cathedral has been fully smoothed! Now we only have to smooth it and furnish it!
Armok almighty, what am I doing with my life!?

Back to the horrible news, we found another dwarf, this time a miner, stuck in the caverns. Luckily we found him closer to the fort, so if he stays there, we'll be able to save him. I'll call a dwarf who calls himself 42 (weird name, ain't it?) to remove the floor that separates the stranded miner from the fortress.

Aaaaand back to the great news, once again confirming the bipolar nature of the gods or wichever force runs this fortress, we have a new inhabitant between us!
Now, back to furnishing the temple...

I... Don't know why... But I feel like if time was running slower than it should while I engrave masterpieces in the Cathedral... Maybe it's just me?

While time runs so ludicrously slow and elk birds revert into wild states, I decide to look at the archives to see how many forgotten beasts have perished in the domains of our fort.
I feel so proud about this place right now.

((OOC: I don't know if my 4 weeks (2 for 1062 and 2 for 1063) or if I still have some time, but I think I'll not be able to finish this year anyway. Please tell me if my time is over and I'll post the save.))

IC: The jails on the lower part of the fort are empty, save for the caged troll and the vampire Ber, who is singing an old dwarven pub song.
TechnoXan strolls slowly down the stairs into the jails, where he is met by a furios Mate the 888th, guarded by two zealots armed with spears.
-What are you doing here you disgraceful sod?! Come to spill your blood for Armok?
-No. You monster. I have come to put an end to your senseless killing.
-Oh and how are you going to do that? We're are your precious Crundles now?!
-I have come to negotia--
-What!? After all you've done to us!? We'd rather die! Even better, we'd rather have you all wiped out!
-No. You stop the killing and loosen your tyrannical stranglehold on Doomforests or, you and this whole fort die!
TechnoXan brings his Magmatica device to bear on his hated enemy.
-What the fuck is this, Crundleshagger? Am I suppoused to tremble in fear because of that little toy of yours?
-My army of Crundles and acolytes will swarm the fort from the inside while releasing trained Trolls, Ogres, and Troglodytes around Doomforests. We will lose. But many will die. What's your move, coward?
-I SHOULD KILL YOU NOW, YOU HERETICAL BASTARD!
He stops.
-But... I'd rather not. Armok should decide your destiny.
-How?
-Well... I'll tell my zealots to throw you into the magma. If you live, it will be a proof that he wants you to live, and I'll obey your wishes. If, on the contrary, you instantly melt in the flaming molten stone, it'll be a proof that Armok despises you, and we'll wipe you out. Now, guards, carry this heretic into the magma bridge!
In the exact moment that the soldiers get near to TechnoXan, a noise, similar to that of an explosion, comes from the caverns, shaking the  ground. Taking advantage of the confusion, TechnoXan pushes one of the zealots into Mate and runs up the stairs and into the caverns.
-YOU BASTARD! COME BACK HERE SO I CAN KILL YOU! YOU--
One of the guards grabs Mate by the shoulder.
-Your Holiness... Maybe you should not act so abruptly.
-WHAT!?
-The army is weak, lacking any proper leaders like your emergency heir was. We should not risk it, otherwise those psychopaths would start killing innocent dwarves. We don't know how many of them are there, we don't even know who they are, we can't fight them and win without heavy losses. And we can't afford loosing any more dwarves. Maybe you should...
-What? Stop making sacrifices to our creator, stop worshipping Armok?
-No, no, nobody said anything about loosing our faith or allowing democracy to exist... But maybe... Stop sacrificing crundles? I mean... They are no worthy sacrifice to the god of blood, we should give him better creatures, like troglodytes, elk birds and toads. All of them are more intelligent and useful than the crundles anyway.
-Yes... Maybe you are right... I'll think about it.

Iamblichos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1244 on: August 01, 2015, 06:36:04 am »

An' noo tha' creikin' bastard kills me wife?  Ah'll nae stan' fer it!
I'm new to succession forts in general, yes, but do all forts designed by multiple overseers inevitably degenerate into a body-filled labyrinth of chaos and despair like this? Or is this just a Battlefailed thing?

There isn't much middle ground between killed-by-dragon and never-seen-by-dragon.
Pages: 1 ... 81 82 [83] 84 85 ... 144