Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

According to the newest research, what substance is best tasked with reinvorgorating a sleepy thread?

Powdered Sweet Pod
Crushed Mermaid Scale
Elven Bone Marrow
Flaked Adamantine
Ground Unicorn Horn

Pages: 1 ... 110 111 [112] 113 114 ... 144

Author Topic: The Hastening of Doomforests  (Read 425840 times)

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
Re: The Hastening of Doomforests
« Reply #1665 on: October 08, 2015, 03:51:43 pm »

If anyone has a fairly recent copy of Doomforests, can they retire and look up Id Letmostabar in legends? Legends Viewer bugs out when I look at him, deathcause returns nothing, his slab says he went missing at two but his corpse is a peasant, and his corpse isn't being buried.

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1666 on: October 08, 2015, 03:56:37 pm »

I should have a fairly recent file...

EDIT: Oh what the fuck?

Id is not just any random dwarf. He was a baby born from the union of skaiamechanic II and Drazoth II. He died after colliding with an obstacle, at the age of two, and came back as a forlorn haunt. He was put to rest shortly after.

He got bored and came back for more blood five years later. This time, as a murderous ghost. You can't memorialise him from the list of unmemorialised dwarves because he already has a slab.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2015, 04:06:51 pm by Taupe »

exodius1

• Bay Watcher
  • [ALMOST_HOLLOW]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1667 on: October 08, 2015, 04:06:32 pm »

EDIT: Oh WHAT THE SHIT IS WRONG WITH THIS PLACE.

Ok, here is a stab in the dark. The character you just looked up is an ancient vampire god who turns into a wereantelope at full moon, and a minotaur at new moon?
It wasn't intended for you to go insane both in character and out of character.

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1668 on: October 08, 2015, 04:07:17 pm »

EDIT: Oh WHAT THE SHIT IS WRONG WITH THIS PLACE.

Ok, here is a stab in the dark. The character you just looked up is an ancient vampire god who turns into a wereantelope at full moon, and a minotaur at new moon?
Nope, just a murderous doubleghost baby. I obviously blame the Drazoth conspiracy. Or whoemever changed all the slabs into iron blocks. One does not exclude the other.

Come on people, why can't this place make any sense?
« Last Edit: October 08, 2015, 04:09:30 pm by Taupe »

exodius1

• Bay Watcher
  • [ALMOST_HOLLOW]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1669 on: October 08, 2015, 04:09:20 pm »

Awwww... so cute, he takes after his uncle^^

But seriously, I do not think I want to play this anymore, my computer will most likely get possessed by an eldritch horror...-.-

Wait a sec... if it is a ghost of a ghost... does it mean it is alive?

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1670 on: October 08, 2015, 04:22:46 pm »

I'm the ghost of the ghost of the... wait is that a cellphone?

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1671 on: October 08, 2015, 04:35:41 pm »

That doesn't really explain why his corpse won't get buried. He doesn't have a tomb, I checked. It would be listed under Rooms if he did. I'm going to try unbuilding and rebuilding his slab to see if that works.

We've had some construction accidents. Skaiamechanic had both legs and one arm broken, plus a possibly permanent lung injury. BUT BY GOD, THAT SOAP ISN'T GOING TO MAKE ITSELF!

exodius1

• Bay Watcher
  • [ALMOST_HOLLOW]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1672 on: October 08, 2015, 04:42:57 pm »

[...]BUT BY GOD, THAT SOAP ISN'T GOING TO MAKE ITSELF!

In this fortress? Give it a year or so-.-

PsychoAngel

• Bay Watcher
  • My silliness is our saving grace.
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #1673 on: October 08, 2015, 05:16:40 pm »

OOC: The fort definitely needs more soap if we're being haunted by a bloodthirsty double-ghost. And apparent lusts of the entire species of Minotaur. I also did some digging in Legends to find out more about my ancestry. I found something really interesting, and was able to come up with some backstory.

Spoiler: Today's Journal (click to show/hide)

So yeah. I dug around the history of my mother, grandmother, and so on, and found the perfect backstory for our magical soap shenanigans. I also found out that Psycho II is unfortunately not related to Psycho I at all, and is in fact also older than him. Oh well.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2015, 05:34:16 pm by PsychoAngel »
Our forward thinking overseer at the time devised a way in which werebeasts can live in peace with other dwarves by utilizing the mysterious magical properties of soap!

Quote from: PsychoAngel on January 19, 2016
Don't worry. I've got extremely volatile exploding fish.
My friends and I say a lot of fun things to each other.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1674 on: October 08, 2015, 05:56:50 pm »

The next spell was not nearly as hard as the first. Avuz had asked PsychoAngel's help with this one, and he had given it freely. In her hand she held a fat glass jar, sealed tightly with a copper lid. Inside was a bar of Psycho's most potent soap, enchanted with spells of cleaning Psycho didn't know he was putting into it. It practically radiated cleanliness, even though the cloudy green glass. It would be the most important part of the spell.

After making sure the lid was secure, Avuz shouted the trigger words; "L'LA NEALC!" beginning the spell. The soap's spells began to activate, sucking dirt from the nearby area up against the jar. Avuz put the jar down on the edge of the bridge and backed away to watch. The soap's spells, sensing dirt but unable to absorb it, drew in more and more power from the surrounding air. Trickles of blood, vomit, ichor, poison, and worse began to work their way out of the walls and ceiling, striking the jar and pooling around it, hiding the blinding glow from view. The trickles increased to floods, then died away gradually. The jar, enchanted with Avuz's most powerful protection spells, still did not break.

The soap continued to draw power from the nearby area, strengthening its pull further. Avuz began to slide towards the huge blob as the spell tried to pull the blood out of her veins. "ROTIDE IUG-MG!" she shouted, sending power toward the weakest part of the jar - the lid. The copper turned to liquid and was instantly sucked into the hungry soap, followed by the rest of the goop. The spell shut down, its work done. Avuz walked over and nudged the jar of putrescent mush off the ledge into the magma.

Kevral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1675 on: October 08, 2015, 06:41:49 pm »

I would be most keen to try out (my first) stab at a succession game. Sign me up for a turn please :)

PsychoAngel

• Bay Watcher
  • My silliness is our saving grace.
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #1676 on: October 08, 2015, 09:19:58 pm »

May I point out that people seem to forget that my dwarf is a girl? :P
Our forward thinking overseer at the time devised a way in which werebeasts can live in peace with other dwarves by utilizing the mysterious magical properties of soap!

Quote from: PsychoAngel on January 19, 2016
Don't worry. I've got extremely volatile exploding fish.
My friends and I say a lot of fun things to each other.

exodius1

• Bay Watcher
  • [ALMOST_HOLLOW]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1677 on: October 08, 2015, 09:37:16 pm »

That happens rather often in community games. I chalk it up to dorfs not being as sexually dimorphic as human. I mean, they are nearly identical apart from the beard... and some males *shudders* shave...

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1678 on: October 09, 2015, 03:25:15 pm »

Yeah, you just gave birth. I nicknamed your daughter The Cleanest Baby.

I tend to go by gender of the player, not the dwarf, especially because 90% of my dwarves are women, 100% if you don't include ones where someone makes sure it isn't female.

Final update very soon.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1679 on: October 09, 2015, 04:26:04 pm »

Alright, I'm done with the year.

What have I accomplished?
 - Brought metal stocks up to 5k bars
 - Built many suits of armor/weapons, more are queued up
 - Military is now four experienced squads, two recruit squads
 - Got breeding pairs of Giant Grey Langurs and Giant Barn Owls
 - Built two giant brass towers in front of the fort for marksdwarves
 - Also put the Three-Pronged Flame out in front of the fort
 - FUCKING DOUBLED FPS by cleaning everything, dumping everything, and destroying nearly 20k webs
 - Built an FB trap in the second cavern, below Maxcat's rooms
 - Started clothing production, since dead migrants aren't a source of clothing any more
 - Built a shitload of coffins
 - Put a bunch of ghosts to rest
 - Buried a bunch of ancient corpses (like Astville old)
 - I dunno, probably some other stuff
 - NOBODY DIED!

Some suggestions:
 - That skinless pterosaur in Astville is both immobile and has two layers of rock above it. I think you can figure out the rest.
 - We're out of iron, but we have 500 steel bars. I would recommend letting the armor jobs get finished, then melting all the lower-quality steel.
 - While you're at it, why not add a few more levels to the Brass Towers? I think there's enough bars for two additional levels per tower.
 - It looks like there's about 2/3 of a system to ship magma-filled minecarts. Why not finish it?

My turn is over. It is time to pass the hat.

SAVE: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=11199
Pages: 1 ... 110 111 [112] 113 114 ... 144