Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

According to the newest research, what substance is best tasked with reinvorgorating a sleepy thread?

Powdered Sweet Pod
Crushed Mermaid Scale
Elven Bone Marrow
Flaked Adamantine
Ground Unicorn Horn

Pages: 1 ... 112 113 [114] 115 116 ... 144

Author Topic: The Hastening of Doomforests  (Read 432030 times)

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
Re: The Hastening of Doomforests
« Reply #1695 on: October 10, 2015, 03:22:26 pm »

Make your post on the front page have really big red letters so people notice it.

Dark One

• Bay Watcher
  • 'What do I care for your suffering?'
    • View Profile
« Reply #1696 on: October 10, 2015, 03:41:33 pm »

I vote "Welcome to Doomforests, even OP abandoned us!" for our official marketing slogan.

TechnoXan

• Bay Watcher
  • Crundles + Kobolds = AWESOME!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1697 on: October 10, 2015, 04:25:30 pm »

I would ask for a turn, it would be awesome! But, time constraints would probably force me to finish very late or early.  :'( Although maybe if someone in the future finishes with like a couple of months left...  ;D
By the by, if your wondering why I use so many smiley faces, its because I smile a lot when I talk. So I use them here so I don't come off the wrong way.

And so it begins...
OPEN THE GATES!

Drazoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Conspiracy intensifies
    • View Profile
« Reply #1698 on: October 10, 2015, 06:00:12 pm »

What I could also do is make a new thread, that way I could use the first post to hold it. It would also make it a bit easier for me to archive this thread. 

P.S. TechnoXan: message me on skype when you get the chance, I need your help with some RP I have planned for before my turn starts.
Welcome to Doomforests, please, choose a cult of your liking or head to the overseers office to register your own cult. Religious freedom is pride of this fortress!

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1699 on: October 10, 2015, 06:42:38 pm »

On another note, go and check the names of the artifacts/named weapons. Some of them are hilariously sexual and/or awesomely violent.

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1700 on: October 10, 2015, 07:46:15 pm »

What I could also do is make a new thread, that way I could use the first post to hold it. It would also make it a bit easier for me to archive this thread. 

P.S. TechnoXan: message me on skype when you get the chance, I need your help with some RP I have planned for before my turn starts.
That just mean you'd be nezt to vanish.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1701 on: October 10, 2015, 08:06:30 pm »

Wtf, my eyes autocorrected that to "be next to vanizh"...

De

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1702 on: October 11, 2015, 12:29:00 am »

Hmm.... Doomforests, even the OP is cursed. I was going to volunteer to act as secretary, make a post and maintain turn list since I don't have the equipment to play, but suddenly I have this feeling like my laptop would suddenly die if I tried it.
Don't pay attention to the body piles in every fort I play, I swear I'm competent at this game.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1703 on: October 11, 2015, 08:30:35 am »

I'll do it. I've had a long history of being immune to whatever curse gets aimed at me. FLAME VOIDGOD CHAOSBANE TERRYSLAYER

De

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1704 on: October 11, 2015, 10:53:42 am »

I'll do it. I've had a long history of being immune to whatever curse gets aimed at me. FLAME VOIDGOD CHAOSBANE TERRYSLAYER

All hail!
Don't pay attention to the body piles in every fort I play, I swear I'm competent at this game.

Drazoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Conspiracy intensifies
    • View Profile
« Reply #1705 on: October 11, 2015, 11:07:17 am »

All hail!

All hail!
Welcome to Doomforests, please, choose a cult of your liking or head to the overseers office to register your own cult. Religious freedom is pride of this fortress!

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1706 on: October 11, 2015, 09:03:05 pm »

Smunstu was refilling his quiver, counting the copper arrows. Twenty-five of them, that was the norm for a stack. They were used, but still good. The secretary approached, as the goblin adjusted the pull on his +silver bow+.

''Sir, we have a request from Dark Two, of the Order of the...
-Yes I know who Dark Two is.
-He seeks to access the diary of the dreadful Dark One.
-Alright. Granted.
-Are you sure, Prime Minister? Those books, they contain...
-Yes, dark arts and whatnot. Secret alchemical recipes and so on. Have a copy of the diary delivered to him by the end of the week.''

The secretary gathered some folders, and began transcribing the manuscript. an old, tarnished journal dating from over a decade ago,. It smelled of rot and blood and wetness, like anything that survives too long in Doomforests. Miss Taupe III started filling page after page, filling every sheet of parchment into a large, sealable binder. The original would of course remain safely in the artefact coffer, once the copy was finished.  The secretary had an uncertain look on her face; visibly, the dwarf did not approve. Part of her waited for the reveal of a scheme, or some sort of double cross. ''Surely you don't intend to just hand over such documents to someone'' her eyes seemed to ask, when they periodically met the goblin's gaze. The goblin stood in the middle of the main room, his bow drawn. After a year of practice, he could reach the target even from here, most of the time. He let an arrow fly, and casually explained:

''We may have secured those occult books, but this is Doomforests. More necromancers and cultists will come, and bring their double-edged knowledge with them. If Dark Two seeks some of it, there truly isn't much we can do to stop him, in the long run. Some dwarves are on our side and support us for the time being, but few will call themselves our allies to the end. They are like children begging for candy, and will follow anyone who claims to have the biggest sugar bag at the moment. Those PsychoAngels and Longshanks and Senshukens, they love us now, but in a year they'll forget why, and follow someone else. The inquisition, the mechatechnosect, we can buy their support for a time, but they have their own agendas. They are unpredictable and reckless. Dark Two has been our fiercest supporter. We cannot lose him, and his loyalty will survive where others would fall. Giving him what he seeks is just a safe way to ensure this, given how easy he could aquire strange books here otherwise. ''

The pink gold circle emitted a ''twomp''as the arrowhead lodged clumsily in the second ring. the Prime Minister readied another shot.

''And to be frank, if someone seeks to acquire some obscure knowledge, I'd rather he be on my side when he starts using it...''
« Last Edit: October 11, 2015, 09:05:17 pm by Taupe »

Drazoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Conspiracy intensifies
    • View Profile
« Reply #1707 on: October 12, 2015, 12:01:54 pm »

Just a quick update.  I've gotten the first month done, expect a post containing all the events of spring later.  Currently holding a fps of 18-19.  Will work to improve it.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1708 on: October 12, 2015, 04:06:43 pm »

Look at Smunstu's inventory, will you?

exodius1

• Bay Watcher
  • [ALMOST_HOLLOW]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1709 on: October 12, 2015, 04:50:20 pm »

Look at Smunstu's inventory, will you?

I may have found a reason as to why we are crashing... Do not get me wrong, the immortal baby was a good joke, but holy hell, this is unstable enough without further screwing with the code.

Edit: what I am saying is that we should limit modding to absolute minimum (Autodump, clean all, eventually that liquid spawn/despwan), without further interference into the code, like changing dwarves gender/skills etc. I am not opposed to such shenanigans, mind, but everything has its time and place.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2015, 04:58:45 pm by exodius1 »
It wasn't intended for you to go insane both in character and out of character.
Pages: 1 ... 112 113 [114] 115 116 ... 144