Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

According to the newest research, what substance is best tasked with reinvorgorating a sleepy thread?

Powdered Sweet Pod
Crushed Mermaid Scale
Elven Bone Marrow
Flaked Adamantine
Ground Unicorn Horn

Pages: 1 ... 115 116 [117] 118 119 ... 144

Author Topic: The Hastening of Doomforests  (Read 432484 times)

Dark One

• Bay Watcher
  • 'What do I care for your suffering?'
    • View Profile
Re: The Hastening of Doomforests
« Reply #1740 on: October 19, 2015, 09:58:45 am »

Welcome to Doomforests Hans!

And remember...
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

*156 1245 135 125  15/1356/15 15/156 1356/15 15  15/1356 15/156 125  156/15/156/15 15/156/135 15/156 135 1356 15 156/135  156/125 156/15/1356  156/135 15/156/15 15/156 1356/135 2346 156 1245  156/15/156/15 2346 156/15 125 15/1356/15 135 15/156/15 15/156 156/15/156/15 156/15/1356*
« Last Edit: October 19, 2015, 10:12:32 am by Dark One »

De

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1741 on: October 21, 2015, 08:25:01 pm »

Haha, I suppose actual code was the only thing the thread was missing.
Don't pay attention to the body piles in every fort I play, I swear I'm competent at this game.

Drazoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Conspiracy intensifies
    • View Profile
« Reply #1742 on: October 24, 2015, 02:43:01 pm »

Sorry this has taken so long, but fall is done.  I will post it tonight after work.
Welcome to Doomforests, please, choose a cult of your liking or head to the overseers office to register your own cult. Religious freedom is pride of this fortress!

Drazoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Conspiracy intensifies
    • View Profile
« Reply #1743 on: October 27, 2015, 01:12:01 pm »

OOC:  Sorry for the delay.  Life got in my way, though I have beaten it into submission for now....

1st Limestone:  Hans presented himself to me last night.  Now that he is here, this frees up Kronk for that idea I had.

12th Limestone:  One of the animal trainers approached me to tell me that our efforts with training the giant grey langurs has been enough to benefit our civilization as  a whole.  I told him that was great, then he wandered off, telling everyone he saw.  strange fellow that.

14th Limestone:  The liaison from the mountain homes has arrived, bringing this year's trade caravan with him.

17th Limestone:  PencilArt just left to meet the liaison.  I told him to request coke, charcoal, steel and a few other things.  He'll send me a copy of the liaison's requests when he is done.

18th Limestone:  We were made a duchy again.  I also received my copy of the liaison's requests, copied below.  The trading is also comlete now.  I believe that my bribes have been sufficient to lure our, "special guest" here.  Once this guest arrives, I will be able to move onto phase 2 of may plan.

20th Limestone:  The amulet I've been working on is complete.  A masterwork, made of the bones of a Forgotten One.  It shall be most useful to me.

6th Sandstone:  Nish, one of the gem cutters, has been possessed.  I don't detect any magic similar to Don Pedro's so it probably isn't RegenReich's doing.  At any rate, I've instructed Hans to keep an eye on Nish for me, just in case.

8th Sandstone:  Nish has claimed a jeweler's workshop. 

15th Sandstone:  Nish has completed the spirit's biding.  It has used him to create a crown made of gems. I thought at first that it might be one of my brothers' doing, but then I realized that if it were, they they would have at least taken the time to pay me a visit.

21st Sandstone:  The season's migrant wave has arrived.

24th Sandstone:  I scout came running in, telling me that a minotaur has arrived.  I gave the order for all squads to activate, and kill the beast.  Turn out it was largely unneeded.  The creature went down with pitiful ease.

OOC:  Sorry for the long wait for not much, but not a lot happened this season, and the last few days were chaos.  I will write some RP later today, and then finish up playing winter.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2015, 01:52:07 pm by Drazoth »
Welcome to Doomforests, please, choose a cult of your liking or head to the overseers office to register your own cult. Religious freedom is pride of this fortress!

Drazoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Conspiracy intensifies
    • View Profile
« Reply #1744 on: October 29, 2015, 08:38:48 pm »

3 was sitting at his desk writing.  He had all but one "intern" allocated to Don Pedro.  He knew that he needed to be careful now.  His plans were approaching the next stage, and Don Pedro could not be allowed to interfere.  Hans had given him an idea, one that seemed to work perfectly, at least in theory.  Kronk was called into the office.

"Sit down Kronk.  I have a special assignment for you."

"What might that be sir?"

"It's quite simple.  You are to be Don Pedro's final intern."  3 held up a finger to silence the objections he knew where coming.  "Don't think I haven't prepared some precautions for this.  Before you sign his contract, I want you to sign two for me.  The first is a simple non-disclosure agreement.  The second one is special, and is the masterstroke of this plan." 

3 motioned to Hans, who laid down the 2 contracts before Kronk, who quickly signed the first.  He paused however, at the second one.

"I can't read this sir, it is in a very complex code."

"That's part of the point.  Just sign it, you won't be harmed by doing so.  Once you are done with that, sign Don Pedro's contract, and take the second one you were given to him.  Tell him my next challenge for him is to decode it.  I  strongly doubt he'll succeed.  Serve him as best you can, don't bother trying to relay information to me.  He'll suspect it and move to block you or keep you from anything important.  If we can give him reason to believe that you are truly loyal to him, you'll better be able to sabotage him at the perfect moment."

"Very well then."  Kronk dutifully signed the second contract, then Don Pedro's.  Once he was done, he took the second contract and left.

"Now that that's done, I need you to run a little errand for me Hans."

"What is it sir?"

"Take this letter to the MechaTechno.  Make certain that TechnoXan receives it.  Once you've delivered it, return to me at once."

"Of course sir."  Hans took the letter and departed. 

"Now, back to work."  3 turned his attention to the amulet before him, and Dark One's gift beside it.

OOC:  I've played through the first month of winter.  It should go up on Saturday if all goes well.  Happy Halloween!

Letter to TechnoXan:

The second Contract:

exodius1

• Bay Watcher
  • [ALMOST_HOLLOW]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1745 on: October 29, 2015, 09:44:46 pm »

3 was sitting at his desk writing.  He had all but one "intern" allocated to Don Pedro.  He knew that he needed to be careful now.  His plans were approaching the next stage, and Don Pedro could not be allowed to interfere.  Hans had given him an idea, one that seemed to work perfectly, at least in theory.  Kronk was called into the office.

"Sit down Kronk.  I have a special assignment for you."

"What might that be sir?"

"It's quite simple.  You are to be Don Pedro's final intern."  3 held up a finger to silence the objections he knew where coming.  "Don't think I haven't prepared some precautions for this.  Before you sign his contract, I want you to sign two for me.  The first is a simple non-disclosure agreement.  The second one is special, and is the masterstroke of this plan." 

3 motioned to Hans, who laid down the 2 contracts before Kronk, who quickly signed the first.  He paused however, at the second one.

"I can't read this sir, it is in a very complex code."

"That's part of the point.  Just sign it, you won't be harmed by doing so.  Once you are done with that, sign Don Pedro's contract, and take the second one you were given to him.  Tell him my next challenge for him is to decode it.  I  strongly doubt he'll succeed.  Serve him as best you can, don't bother trying to relay information to me.  He'll suspect it and move to block you or keep you from anything important.  If we can give him reason to believe that you are truly loyal to him, you'll better be able to sabotage him at the perfect moment."

"Very well then."  Kronk dutifully signed the second contract, then Don Pedro's.  Once he was done, he took the second contract and left.

"Now that that's done, I need you to run a little errand for me Hans."

"What is it sir?"

"Take this letter to the MechaTechno.  Make certain that TechnoXan receives it.  Once you've delivered it, return to me at once."

"Of course sir."  Hans took the letter and departed. 

"Now, back to work."  3 turned his attention to the amulet before him, and Dark One's gift beside it.

OOC:  I've played through the first month of winter.  It should go up on Saturday if all goes well.  Happy Halloween!

Letter to TechnoXan:

The second Contract:

I will give it a go over the weekend, but problem with codes is that you need a reference to decipher them, like a previously decoded sentence or phrase, if memory serves correctly. Otherwise I will be running in circles. Which is the point, so have at it I suppose^^.

Spoiler: to D3 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Meeting with Kronk (click to show/hide)

Edit: Added ooc
« Last Edit: October 29, 2015, 10:09:46 pm by exodius1 »
It wasn't intended for you to go insane both in character and out of character.

Sacasco

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1746 on: October 30, 2015, 04:30:35 pm »

As a long-time lurker, both on this thread and elsewhere on the forums, I wish to first of all congratulate all the previous overseers on the wonderful mess they've made of this place and request my addition to the turn list. No, I don't think Doomforests is a baptism in Armok's blood for an introduction into succession forts. I'm getting about 8FPS with the uploads from a couple of turns ago, which I feel is just about manageable. Possibly with some work I can improve it somewhat, but I don't hold out much hope.
I'm itching to solve that code of yours, Dark One, but I feel I should wait for a larger total sample. Could you oblige me? Though if it's as complex as you say, I don't think I could, no matter how much you gave me.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #1747 on: October 30, 2015, 04:35:09 pm »

Believe it or not, FPS has actually gotten better since a couple turns ago. Try my save.

Dark One

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1748 on: October 30, 2015, 05:42:30 pm »

I'm itching to solve that code of yours, Dark One, but I feel I should wait for a larger total sample. Could you oblige me? Though if it's as complex as you say, I don't think I could, no matter how much you gave me.

Which code?

The one with ciphers like 15/1356/15 is not of my creation. It belongs to Hans.

The one with 46E-4851-9666-8E5-645-4DA is of my creation.

Drazoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Conspiracy intensifies
    • View Profile
« Reply #1749 on: October 30, 2015, 05:54:01 pm »

Believe it or not, FPS has actually gotten better since a couple turns ago. Try my save.

That it has. I"m getting anywhere between 18-22 depending on what people are doing.

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #1750 on: October 30, 2015, 05:56:49 pm »

put me on turn list pls
Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane

Dark One

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1751 on: November 02, 2015, 02:03:08 pm »

Journal of Dark Two

Dark Two took a potion just in case of cave adaptation. It wasn't that big of a trouble in summer, as treetops and thick vegetation in Forests of Doom protected dwarves from it's effects. But it was winter now, and nothing protected Klan-Master from sunlight. Luckily it was weaker than in summer, resulting only in feeling somewhat uneasy. Snow drifts left by last blizzard felt like hills for Dark Two. It was quiet, whole local fauna disappeared somewhere. This unusual silence made Forests of Doom seem even more ominous, as if something was just about to catch Klan-Master in it's claws and tear him to pieces... but his magic detection proved that he can safely wander this frozen wastes. It was late winter already, Klan-Master was looking for mysterious herbs described in Dark One's journals. The necromancer written that these herbs appear for a short while in late winter, and then disappear when the spring comes.

- It seems that I'm too late, or that Dark One was wrong. I need to go back into the fortress.

Klan-Master went back to the fortress and entered his room. Then he took journals of Dark One and placed some notes. This was rather busy winter for him - training and working for order. But research on necromancers journals took the most of his time, especially various alchemical recipes. Some of them were quite useful, but there were many dangerous concoctions. If someone spilled even a few small drops to local water reservoirs, this would end with a tragedy. Secrets of Dark One should be kept hidden from everyone, and Klan-Master was well aware of this.

Drazoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Conspiracy intensifies
    • View Profile
« Reply #1752 on: November 03, 2015, 08:52:56 pm »

OOC:  My turn is done!  Winter was extremely boring, so it took me a while to figure out what to flesh out this post with. 

Journal of D3:

15th Moonstone:  Progress on Don Pedro's requests is coming along.  I have been wondering what to do about his "son", but since this thing can't be sensed, all I've been able to do is inform the fort that there is something or someone in this fort that is not supposed to be here, and that I wasn't  referring to our excellent prime minister.  All suspicious activity is to be reported to either Hans, a member of the Order, or any member of the militia.  Hopefully someone will notice something of use.

1st Opal:  I have been notified that some animals have gone missing.  I've ordered a few people to look into it.  Perhaps our intruder has been getting hungry, and has decided to target the livestock.  It's not like we actually need them, but it's the principle of the thing.

9th Opal:  Rakust, a stonecutter, has been possessed.  We have entirely to many spirits in this place for my liking.  As with Nish, I'm having Hans Tail him just to be safe.

10th Opal:  That guy who got possessed yesterday has claimed a craftdwarf's shop.  I wonder if this time we'll get a useful artifact.

17th Opal:  Rakust has begun his work. 

23rd Opal:  I have been informed that PsyhoAngel's child, Kogsak, has grown to become a "The cleanest baby".  When I said that Kogsak already possessed this title, all i got was a shrug.  Hate it when people waste my time with nonsense.  Rakust has also finished his work, a stone drum.  For fuck's sake, can't we get something even marginally useful?  I mean at least the last 2 had some use as clothing.  How the hell are you supposed to play a stone drum?  After some thought, I have realized that this drum may have magical properties.  Prehaps it might be useful after all.....

1st Obsidian:  A new forgotten one has arrived.  I wonder if we could capture them, maybe start some kind of zoo?

4th Obsidian:  Another forgotten one has come.  That zoo idea is really staring to become attractive.  Sadly I don't think I have enough time left in my reign to make it reality.  Oh well, maybe the next Overseer can be convinced.

15th Obsidian:  I was bored today, so I made a little something to occupy the time.
Those were the good old days.  I never like that pompous bastard anyway. 

31st Obsidian:  Nothing new to report.  Aside from more animal disappearances. We didn't get a migrant wave this season, probably due to bad weather.  At any rate, it's time to pass the rutile hat on.  Hans has brought me the list, and it seems Mate the 888th is next in line.  This will be very interesting.  I'll send a letter to him soon. Before I pass the hat on though, I think it's time I finally met Don Pedro face to face.

To Don Pedro:

OOC:  Yeah, winter was very dull.  Anyway, the save is here:

http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=11257
« Last Edit: November 24, 2015, 02:08:18 pm by Drazoth »

exodius1

• Bay Watcher
  • [ALMOST_HOLLOW]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1753 on: November 03, 2015, 10:11:21 pm »

Oh, do not worry, I will make things interesting again... If allowed some... leviances. I am afraid my laptop is still shit thus I would have to employ some... thaumaturgy... to make this sht take less than eternity...

I pose to you a question... If proposed a way to go toe to toe with the Forgotten Ones, would you follow it? I can show you the first steps. I can set up an operation that will bring us into a golden age (that is until somebody decides that it is time for a sequel). All I need are your signatures...

Spoiler: Emergency deal (click to show/hide)

If not I will have to drop out the turn list until such a time we restart. I can RP both possibilities.
It wasn't intended for you to go insane both in character and out of character.

Dark One

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1754 on: November 04, 2015, 12:39:20 pm »

Journal of Dark Two

The winter was finally over, and Drazoth's rule over Doomforests ended. Dark Two had to go to the bloodthorn signup cabin and see who is next on the list for that rutile Overseer hat. It was Mate's the 888th time. Klan-Master went to his office, then called knights who formed the High Council. After a short discussion, they have written:

Spoiler: The Yearly Agreement (click to show/hide)

The Orders seal showing a tankard of ale was placed, and the letter was sent.

Dark Two studied journals of Dark One for a long time. Interesting to note was that they were written by two dwarves. The first dwarf have been a vampire-loving metalsmith, and second was an architect-necromancer. The metalsmith had many disturbing nightmares, while the architect have never written about any of his dreams. Metalsmith remained calm most of the time, while architect was easily angered. Asking the Prime Minister, he got information that there was a moment when Dark One have disappeared for months, but Klan-Master never found anything about that in necromancers journals. These two were connected not only by their name, but they also shared their minds!

First entries described life in Doomforests. Dark One missed his wife Geshud, and was ready to serve Osp Shockedroomed, a vampire lord, just so he could bring her back to life. Years spent within vampires and brainwash made him unable to see Osp's lies. Journals revealed that the metalsmith was responsible for vampire cults in Doomforests. However, there was a time when he wanted to be archbishop for dwarven gods. This have ended when necromancers interrupted him.

Many times in the journals necromancers of SanctumCoals were mentioned. Perhaps the first Dark One - metalsmith was captured by them and his mind was somehow transferred to another host. This would explain some entries in the journals - after being captured, the dwarf was a subject to all the horrors that SanctumCoals put inside their tower. Dark One written it as just nightmares, put in between of information gathered by scouts in Doomforests.

Reading further Dark Two learned some more about actions of Dark One the architect. He was a leading a group of scouts called Dark Disciples. It's obious that he was still under heavy influence of necromancers, who brainwashed him prior to his journey back to the fortress. It was also the time when Drazoth the 3rd appeared. Entries about him and conversations with him clearly showed his puppet mastery skills, even if Dark One was not aware of that. Klan-Master realised that he can't trust him, but he might still need his help a few times.

Rest of the entries described war with Inquisition and another sect called MechaTechno. Journals end with description of a place deeo in the caverns. This is where Dark Two should look for more information.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2015, 11:36:10 am by Dark One »
Pages: 1 ... 115 116 [117] 118 119 ... 144