Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

According to the newest research, what substance is best tasked with reinvorgorating a sleepy thread?

Powdered Sweet Pod
Crushed Mermaid Scale
Elven Bone Marrow
Flaked Adamantine
Ground Unicorn Horn

Pages: 1 ... 116 117 [118] 119 120 ... 144

Author Topic: The Hastening of Doomforests  (Read 432350 times)

exodius1

• Bay Watcher
  • [ALMOST_HOLLOW]
    • View Profile
Re: The Hastening of Doomforests
« Reply #1755 on: November 04, 2015, 01:12:57 pm »

Ok, the game save is crashing on load... Will try fiddling with eh graphics, but otherwise have to ask, any changes to the raws? If not, no idea what to do, and have to drop out-.- sorry

Edit: Nope, did not work... it crashes on "Loading Tracking Data" or something like that...
« Last Edit: November 04, 2015, 01:14:54 pm by exodius1 »
It wasn't intended for you to go insane both in character and out of character.

Dark One

• Bay Watcher
  • 'What do I care for your suffering?'
    • View Profile
« Reply #1756 on: November 05, 2015, 10:58:34 am »

What version of DF do you have? Do you have any mods installed? You mentioned that there were problems with your laptop, perhaps this might be it?

I'll download the save and check if it works for me, if no then I'll look into raws. I'll edit this post to report.

EDIT

Getting a crash on Loading world information.

Errorlog shows:

*** Error(s) finalizing the entity MOUNTAIN
Unrecognized entity tool token: ITEM_TOOL_STEPLADDER

Haven't seen anything wrong with raws for them.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2015, 11:50:31 am by Dark One »

exodius1

• Bay Watcher
  • [ALMOST_HOLLOW]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1757 on: November 05, 2015, 12:07:10 pm »

Well... maybe a problem with file compression? Could Drazoth re-uploading new copy of the save help?

Iamblichos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1758 on: November 05, 2015, 02:50:17 pm »

Honestly, file corruption is about all that could kill this fort at this point.  The game has tried literally everything else.
I'm new to succession forts in general, yes, but do all forts designed by multiple overseers inevitably degenerate into a body-filled labyrinth of chaos and despair like this? Or is this just a Battlefailed thing?

There isn't much middle ground between killed-by-dragon and never-seen-by-dragon.

De

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1759 on: November 05, 2015, 05:02:37 pm »

I've heard that there's a problem with the in-game save feature that makes regions unplayable after 20 saves or so and that the only way around it is with dfhack 'quicksave' and 'die' feature. I'm not speaking from personal experience, this is just rumor I've heard.
Don't pay attention to the body piles in every fort I play, I swear I'm competent at this game.

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1760 on: November 05, 2015, 07:07:53 pm »

I've heard that there's a problem with the in-game save feature that makes regions unplayable after 20 saves or so and that the only way around it is with dfhack 'quicksave' and 'die' feature. I'm not speaking from personal experience, this is just rumor I've heard.
This is turn like nineteen. Assuming this was true, we'd have a dead save way sooner. Ive savwd more rhan twenty times with my two turns combined.

Salmeuk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1761 on: November 05, 2015, 07:10:16 pm »

Hey, uh, I'm back! I have some free time too, but perhaps there's someone keeping track of the turns? It'll take me a bit to screen through the posts.

---

Did anyone start a doomforests 2? Perhaps, with the new version looming, the time is right.

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1762 on: November 05, 2015, 07:13:23 pm »

Somehow, the first one hasnt died yet. Worse, we've survived longer thantl the average community fort.

Salmeuk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1763 on: November 05, 2015, 07:29:45 pm »

Somehow, the first one hasnt died yet. Worse, we've survived longer thantl the average community fort.

Well, I like fortresses with some history. As long as they run well. . .

I take full responsibility for the questionable hallways surrounding the first cavern, but they are easily blocked. I constructed them with the intention of a second fortress, removed from the strange mess aboveground, but wasn't finished at the end of my turn. We ended up using both fortresses anyways, but my plan was at fault. However, I think it's easily shuttered and you might try evacuating and walling in the partition.

I just read about that electrum hammer made during Iamblichos' turn some months ago. Is that thing still around? That sounds like story material.

Drazoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Conspiracy intensifies
    • View Profile
« Reply #1764 on: November 05, 2015, 07:51:53 pm »

Re uploaded the save.  Someone else should also try it, just in case exoduis1's computer is just being weird
Welcome to Doomforests, please, choose a cult of your liking or head to the overseers office to register your own cult. Religious freedom is pride of this fortress!

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #1765 on: November 05, 2015, 08:14:57 pm »

Semi-related thought, who the fuck dug that random maze of corridors that opens out into the caverns at one point? If I wanted to end the fortress, all I would have to do is deconstruct that one wall and nobody would notice until an FB got in and murdered us all.

Drazoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Conspiracy intensifies
    • View Profile
« Reply #1766 on: November 05, 2015, 08:50:37 pm »

Semi-related thought, who the fuck dug that random maze of corridors that opens out into the caverns at one point? If I wanted to end the fortress, all I would have to do is deconstruct that one wall and nobody would notice until an FB got in and murdered us all.

Which one?
Welcome to Doomforests, please, choose a cult of your liking or head to the overseers office to register your own cult. Religious freedom is pride of this fortress!

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1767 on: November 05, 2015, 09:05:53 pm »

Which one?
Doomforests in a nutshell.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #1768 on: November 05, 2015, 09:06:59 pm »

It's hard to see unless you look, but it's definitely meant to be some kind of maze. It's near that enormous empty room that we mined out for marble. I think it's in some microcline?

exodius1

• Bay Watcher
  • [ALMOST_HOLLOW]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1769 on: November 05, 2015, 10:16:44 pm »

Will redownload once back at home.

And we had a captured minotaur at one point and someone was making a maze to drop prisoners for it to eat, if memory serves, a long while ago...
Pages: 1 ... 116 117 [118] 119 120 ... 144