Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

According to the newest research, what substance is best tasked with reinvorgorating a sleepy thread?

Powdered Sweet Pod
Crushed Mermaid Scale
Elven Bone Marrow
Flaked Adamantine
Ground Unicorn Horn

Pages: 1 ... 134 135 [136] 137 138 ... 144

Author Topic: The Hastening of Doomforests  (Read 432169 times)

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile
Re: The Hastening of Doomforests
« Reply #2025 on: February 02, 2016, 01:25:58 am »

That steam FB is a goddamn pushover, send literally anyone to go kill it.
Yes. Send Flame.

Hell, if you can retrap him and return him to his office, I bet you could send Smunstu after it...
« Last Edit: February 02, 2016, 01:27:48 am by Taupe »

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #2026 on: February 02, 2016, 05:51:47 am »

The journal of Imic the 23rd

Entry three

I have reached page seventy of the combined history of doomforests. I am gaing to go to sleep now, but from looking around i have discovered that taupe the II died sometime in the past. No-one talks much about him anymore out of respect, apart from that one drunk dwarf who spends all of his time in the main hall. From what i can tell, Taupe II dragged this fort out of the gutter after two simultaneous beast attacks, one mutant snail and one goat from the depths of hell. After the attack there were only four survivors. One of them was Taupe II. The others died of fever. Afterwards he voted himself mayor (he got 100% of all the votes!) and accepted the hat of overseer (made of rock, or so I'm told) cured himself of fever and dragged up the fortress using the next immagrant wave. he later retired and, although I'm not sure who took over his post, he remained there for the rest of his years. Then the drunk old dwarf who had been talking to me fell over unconscious. Wow. I am going to maybe gather information on this "minister smunstu" that lives here, but until then, I need a nap.

Entry four

I have not gathered any useful info on smunstu, however Drazoth III seems suspicious to me, and I think that maybe I should spy on him. If he sees me, however, I'm doomed.

I like this fort already
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

Drazoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Conspiracy intensifies
    • View Profile
« Reply #2027 on: February 02, 2016, 09:55:13 am »

Dear Dark 2:

Sorry for taking so long to reply to your letter.  I have been rather busy of late.  While things may seem to be improving in the fort, or at least not worsening, there is on problem growing much worse.  The ambient magic in the stone here is increasing rapidly, as it has been ever since Mate the 888th started the adamantine mining. I think that by mining adamantine, it has weakened the barrier that prevented the energies of hell from leaking out.  I think this may be responsible for our last overseer's desire to "conquer" hell.  The increase in ambient energy has allowed them to begin influencing people's minds.  Thank Armok his term ended before he actually opened hell. 

On the plus side, Don Pedro's spirit has departed, though I worry about the effect it's having on his former host.  at least we no longer need to fear him meddling in the affairs of this fort.  Also, I believe some fool has been spying on me.  I think I might have Hans or Kronk deal with them if they continue this.

Sincerely, Drazoth the Third
« Last Edit: February 02, 2016, 12:57:40 pm by Drazoth »
Welcome to Doomforests, please, choose a cult of your liking or head to the overseers office to register your own cult. Religious freedom is pride of this fortress!

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #2028 on: February 02, 2016, 02:02:39 pm »

The journal of Imic the 23rd

entry four

i have decided that, after more close calls then i would like to admit, i am going to stop spying on drazoth, for my own good. From what I've learnt and from previous experience, I think that he is slightly more of a threat then i had first imagined. for this reason, i am stopping. no buts. Also i have learnt thet smunstu is indeed alive and kicking, and i plan to visit him, preferably soon...

if anyone in doomforests had gone down a certain path that night, or looked a certain way, they would have seen a dwarf walk up to an odd looking wall with air holes. a conversation then took place between the wall and imic
Imic:hello...
wall:hello
imic:you can talk in dwarven?
wall:yes, and i am called smunstu.
imic:I've been looking for you...
smunstu:I know. i can hear everything that happens in the next few coridoors.
imic:i wanted to ask you if you... *whisper whisper*
smunstu: good point i...*whisper whisper whisper*
imic:whisper
smunstu: see you soon then...
imic: until then...

imic didn;'t notice a door behind him slowly close... and footsteps leading away...
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet

Dark One

• Bay Watcher
  • 'What do I care for your suffering?'
    • View Profile
« Reply #2029 on: February 02, 2016, 02:52:39 pm »

Journal of Dark Two

Dark Two was sitting in his office and thinking. Kevral, the current overseer was making a great job managing Doomforests, no deadly accidents in a few months! But seriously, he put great effort in making this place much more efficient. Klan-Master thought that he should be an honourable member of Order of The Ale! In other news, a new dwarf appeared in mountainhome. His name was Imic the 23rd, and he was a hammerdwarf. The Order would need some new recruits, a drafting letter should be sent to him.

Spoiler: To Imic the 23rd (click to show/hide)

Then Dark Two called for messanger. The dwarf brought him a letter from Drazoth the 3rd.

Spoiler: Letter to Dark Two (click to show/hide)

It seems that not everything is as good as one could thought. Breaking barrier of Hell might end with a disaster. On the plus side, Don Pedro has left! This, or his host is stronger that he thought. That's good, but I'm afraid his host is lost forever and must be dealt with before it would be too dangerous. I should write a letter to Drazoth the 3rd:

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #2030 on: February 03, 2016, 05:20:41 am »

Imic the 23rd sat down slowly. On the table in front of him was a letter from someone who called himself 'dark two'. The letter's message was simple, woold you like to join the order of the ale. At first glance, it wasn't so bad. Ale was his second favorite beverage after all, just after beer. But he was worried. He had a lifetime's experience of backstabbing, plot and skulduggery. Not that he was the backstabber. No, he would never do such a thing,he was honor bound to do good, however that was the problem. You see, it really all depended on your idea of good. He thought about it, pondering the possible outcomes, before he went to sleep.
This was a mistake

He woke in a passage. It was dark. The walls were covered in blood. He got up. He walked along the passage. He recognized it. He was in datetattooed. He walked through the shadow city, before long seeing light. But out of the light came a huge helmet. Red eyes glowered at him. The helmet sprauted arms and legs. Then a torso. Then, it lunged for him.
And he woke up.
He got out of the chair, and immediately got a roll of parchment from his coat. He fetched a quill and started writing a letter to dark two

Dear dark two

I have decided to take up your offer of joining the order of the ale. Should you accept me on this i have been having nightmares lately, and if you could, i would like your advice on the matter.
Thank you again for the offer.
Sincerely, Imic the 23rd, of doomforests
Formerly of stroking

He took the letter and, promising himself to look up this orderin the history books, gave it to the bored looking fellow who had given it to him.
Now he could only wait...

« Last Edit: February 03, 2016, 07:43:10 am by Imic »
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #2031 on: February 03, 2016, 09:04:03 am »

Nevermind, just post stuff! Why is no-one posting!? I GOTS TA KNOW
« Last Edit: February 09, 2016, 09:01:12 am by Imic »
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet

Drazoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Conspiracy intensifies
    • View Profile
« Reply #2032 on: February 11, 2016, 09:57:15 pm »

Hello?  Anybody home?
Welcome to Doomforests, please, choose a cult of your liking or head to the overseers office to register your own cult. Religious freedom is pride of this fortress!

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #2033 on: February 12, 2016, 02:22:39 am »

Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane

Hans Keip

• Bay Watcher
  • 135/156/15 156/15/1356 2346 135/156
    • View Profile
« Reply #2034 on: February 12, 2016, 08:47:47 am »

I've been keeping watch over the place but I'm sorry sirs, it seems that everyone has been taking some time off.

Can I get you any refreshment while you wait?

Drazoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Conspiracy intensifies
    • View Profile
« Reply #2035 on: February 12, 2016, 12:16:48 pm »

I've been keeping watch over the place but I'm sorry sirs, it seems that everyone has been taking some time off.

Can I get you any refreshment while you wait?

Another bottle of rum and some tea to go with it if you would be so kind.

(I know I said I'd have thenext part of the archive done by now, but I've been busy/sick.  I'll try to get done within the next week.)

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #2036 on: February 12, 2016, 04:15:28 pm »

Great job with the archive, by the way.

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #2037 on: February 14, 2016, 01:05:51 pm »

O thank Armok, i thought that the thread was going to die.
Death is inevitable!

Also, on the topic of drinks, could I have some fanta please? Some beer would'nt hurt either though...

Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #2038 on: February 14, 2016, 02:04:57 pm »

where is the next writeup/turn summary?
Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
Re: The Megabattle in Doomforests - To be Engraved on a Stone Wall Near You!
« Reply #2039 on: February 14, 2016, 03:09:29 pm »

sorry, wrong post
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Pages: 1 ... 134 135 [136] 137 138 ... 144