Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

According to the newest research, what substance is best tasked with reinvorgorating a sleepy thread?

Powdered Sweet Pod
Crushed Mermaid Scale
Elven Bone Marrow
Flaked Adamantine
Ground Unicorn Horn

Pages: 1 ... 139 140 [141] 142 143 144

Author Topic: The Hastening of Doomforests  (Read 425788 times)

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile
Re: The Hastening of Doomforests
« Reply #2100 on: March 02, 2016, 11:43:57 am »

Sigged

All of it? Wow!

LOL, no, I was just on my phone and I just couldn't stop laughing, and I was in a rush, but wow, you nailed it
« Last Edit: March 02, 2016, 12:00:16 pm by TheImmortalRyukan »
The Tale of Runlance - A Succession Fort in a Dying World

While the drink stocks run low and violence is rampant, the narcissistic tyrant demands a monument to his name

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #2101 on: March 02, 2016, 11:49:14 am »

:)
Thanks!
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

Dozebôm Lolumzalìs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #2102 on: March 02, 2016, 05:06:10 pm »

So sorry guys, I had an 8-page essay on "kairos, the humans of uw-stout project, and self-concept" to write. Geez, in just one week.

But I'm back and doing very well! I will make sure to post something tonight.

((Also, I LIKE THIS THREAD DON'T MAKE A NEW ONE))
Quote from: King James Programming
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
Quote from: Salvané Descocrates
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!

Dozebôm Lolumzalìs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #2103 on: March 02, 2016, 06:22:13 pm »

A former overseer has requested that I search for a missing rutile crown. Yes! A job befitting my skills! My years as a Record Keeper will surely pay off as I alphabetize the surely-meticulous records taken by the bookkeeper of this wonderful...

No.

Nonono.

No way am I touching that book. Drokles has been more and more depressed lately, and he hasn't reorganized this heap of papers lately. So his office is just a cloud of fibrous material.

Hey you! Random dwarf! Yeah you! Look at these books, tell me where you see the words "rutile" and "headwear" together! Yeah!

A dwarf run up to me, shouting something about a mason being mauled by crundles in the caverns. I send every single militiadwarf after the crundles. Yeah, that should do it.

I hope I didn't just mess up badly.

-----

OH NO

I just sent the sheriff out on a mission where there are dangerous beasts

With the entire militia, but slowly filing out one by one

And the entire fortress is following them to tell the sheriff about some idiot's crime

DAMMIT

A FORGOTTEN BEAST

WHY ME

((Dorf just got real.))
« Last Edit: March 02, 2016, 06:47:39 pm by jwoodward48df »
Quote from: King James Programming
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
Quote from: Salvané Descocrates
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!

Salmeuk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2104 on: March 02, 2016, 08:55:03 pm »

This just in, I decided to modify the second post so we can have a proper turn list. I'll edit it in when I get home!
« Last Edit: March 03, 2016, 02:14:02 am by Salmeuk »

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #2105 on: March 03, 2016, 02:27:33 am »

And the entire fortress is following them to tell the sheriff about some idiot's crime

DAMMIT

A FORGOTTEN BEAST

WHY ME
Yuuup, sounds like Doomforests alright.

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #2106 on: March 03, 2016, 04:52:08 am »

I want to sign up for overseer...
But i dont know how to discreetley upload a save.
Or upload a save at all.
Lol.
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #2107 on: March 03, 2016, 09:45:29 am »

Or upload a save at all.
Lol.
http://dffd.bay12games.com/
Use it.

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #2108 on: March 03, 2016, 10:01:36 am »

Or upload a save at all.
Lol.
http://dffd.bay12games.com/
Use it.

Right.
I won't sign up for overseer just yet

Muahahahahahahahacough cough cough...
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet

Iamblichos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2109 on: March 04, 2016, 05:45:50 pm »

Longshanks came once and saved the fort.

Don't make him come back.
I'm new to succession forts in general, yes, but do all forts designed by multiple overseers inevitably degenerate into a body-filled labyrinth of chaos and despair like this? Or is this just a Battlefailed thing?

There isn't much middle ground between killed-by-dragon and never-seen-by-dragon.

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #2110 on: March 07, 2016, 09:31:02 pm »

The most recent Cinema Sins video confirms what residents of Doomforests have known for years:

''Soap is the strongest object in the cartoon universe''

TechnoXan

• Bay Watcher
  • Crundles + Kobolds = AWESOME!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2111 on: March 08, 2016, 10:34:04 pm »

The Codex of TechnoXan , Master Mecha Engineer

Entry Ten

Day 13 of Havens War

Blast it they dug another tunnel in!? Crafty little traitors. Send an acolyte to patch it up, they did what to a mason? Oh my, they are becoming more brazen, attacking fortress dwarves for no apparent reason. Oh gods, are they making another push? To the barricade!

30 minutes of fighting later

Two more sect Crundles down and for four Seeing Eye traitors. We appear to be winning but they have the advantage of overwhelming numbers. We need help. Drazoth III is unresponsive, my old friend is busy. Hmm. Fido tells me of some kind of organization dedicated to alcohol, I myself have kicked the disgusting habit that has plagued us Dwarves, but maybe I will reach out to them. The Inquisition is out of the question, and the Mechatechno sect is running out of time. Fido! Dictate.

Letter to Dark Two
"I know not of who you are or why you are here, but I am TechnoXan. I have heard of your organizations prowess with the art of warfare, I have need of your skill. I will say no more, meet with me at the entrance to the lower levels of the mines. Come alone, but do not fear, I need you too much to attempt to rid you from this world. Hurry, we are running out of time."

Go Fido send the message.

PS: hi Dark One! It's good to be back, it's been a while.  :D
« Last Edit: March 08, 2016, 10:38:02 pm by TechnoXan »
By the by, if your wondering why I use so many smiley faces, its because I smile a lot when I talk. So I use them here so I don't come off the wrong way.

And so it begins...
OPEN THE GATES!

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #2112 on: March 09, 2016, 04:24:06 am »

Hi techno!
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #2113 on: March 09, 2016, 07:28:47 am »

Journal of Ryukan
After days of finding a decent place to sleep, I found a decent room to run the Order from. But lo, during last nights sleep, I heard the tale tale sounds of battle. BATTLE!! I thought at first it was just me, but when I got up and peered into the caverns, I was set upon by CRUNDLES! I easily dispatched them and I continued on down and stumbled upon a field of corpses. I noticed a strange insignia on both the crundles and the dwarves. I made note of this and went back to my room. I put a spell of silence on the door and slept...
The Tale of Runlance - A Succession Fort in a Dying World

While the drink stocks run low and violence is rampant, the narcissistic tyrant demands a monument to his name

Dark One

• Bay Watcher
  • 'What do I care for your suffering?'
    • View Profile
« Reply #2114 on: March 09, 2016, 08:02:40 am »

Journal of Dark Two

Klan-Master was sitting in his office, reading through latest reports and checking booze production orders. Everything went smoothly... well, except growing dangers in caverns. There were rumors of another forgotten one coming, and what's worse, magic detection confirmed it. Sometimes Dark Two thinks why is he still in this crundle ridden hole (even thought it's a mountainhome already). There's nothing but order keeping him here. Booze revolution succeeded, unusual case of Dark One solved, Order of the Ale founded and ready to protect civilians...
- Someone should take the lead in order, someone who can take care of this place better than me. - He thought while emptying another goblet. It was getting late he was getting tired. Just when klan-master left his office, a huge, muscular crundle wearing a robe with symbols somewhat familiar appeared. It brought a letter from TechnoXan. Dark Two was sure that this name was mentioned in journals of his predecessor. He took the letter and told crundle to wait for response. Recalling experiences with Don Pedro, he opened the letter carefully. He didn't detected any kind of magic within it, so he read the letter. After a while of pondering he took paper and started writing.

Spoiler: Letter to TechnoXan (click to show/hide)

He gave the letter to crundle, which left as soon as it received it. Then Dark Two headed towards his room, thinking of retirement and setting up a tavern somewhere.
Pages: 1 ... 139 140 [141] 142 143 144