Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

According to the newest research, what substance is best tasked with reinvorgorating a sleepy thread?

Powdered Sweet Pod
Crushed Mermaid Scale
Elven Bone Marrow
Flaked Adamantine
Ground Unicorn Horn

Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 144

Author Topic: The Hastening of Doomforests  (Read 426951 times)

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile

...I didn't even know termites had skulls.

Dark One

• Bay Watcher
  • 'What do I care for your suffering?'
    • View Profile

Journal of Dark One

Darkness. I can hardly feel anything. If only... no, it's a waste of time. I'm lying in the darkness, awaiting... The explosion... there's something sticking out of my chest. What is it? Suddenly the object starts to emanate with faint, dark yellow light. The crystal! I remember now! I placed one crystal in chest of each corpse. The crystal... of translocation! I already feel all the energy gathering inside of it! I feel... I FEEL! The strange crawling sensation is back. The light gathers in strenght. I see my limbs, changing into pure energy! The time has come...

I leave this plane, travelling through clouds of dust, realms composed solely of energy and through The Great Beyond. I leave, to reappear in my own realm. I have become darkness, death and void. I have my own chunk of void. The palace of slade and silver. I gather in power. Both in a safety, and a prison. I cannot go back, but I have become a constant within variables. In a place, where even Armok can't get me now. My realm, gigantic rock floating in the void.

I sit on the bone throne, watching the other realms. My gaze landing on Doomforests. I look at my cavern hideout, and see a message written on the rock with blood.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Inquisition! I laugh maniacally. If not for their attack on me, I wouldn't be able to finish my research in such way. I shout:

- EVEN ARMOK CAN'T HELP YOU NOW!

My voice disappears in the void. I saw also a kobold corpse lying nearby. I raise it undead, and give it mind, saying

- I bring you back from death. Pray, set up a cult for the dark god, and you shall be rewarded!

The corpse responds to me:

- Yes master.

And goes on, to create a shrine over the collapsed section of cavern. I look through Doomforests. I see dwarves working on some kind of trap. I wonder what would happen if they'll meet with the termite now... I watch as they work, when suddenly the Forgotten One appears. A few minutes later it's over. I'm not impressed.

I look for the hideout of Inquisition. Unaware of my transcendency, they plan another attack on me. Fools! I could send undead armies against them if I'd want to. But no. They'll suffer greatly.

As I look around Doomforests again, I see someone walking through the forest. The spirit of Iamblichos, how interesting. Gods of nature have made his journey tedious. We'll see what happens in the future.

PsychoAngel

• Bay Watcher
  • My silliness is our saving grace.
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile

How could Kronk be responsible?! He's only the Professional Lever Puller!  :'(

My favorite dorfs always get involved in really weird plots, and I really wish they wouldn't.
Our forward thinking overseer at the time devised a way in which werebeasts can live in peace with other dwarves by utilizing the mysterious magical properties of soap!

Quote from: PsychoAngel on January 19, 2016
Don't worry. I've got extremely volatile exploding fish.
My friends and I say a lot of fun things to each other.

AllergicToMyself

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

They don't. You know what that means.

We have a counterfeiter on our hands.

PsychoAngel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile

In technicality, they do have a skull, but it can't really be classified as one due to it being an exoskeleton.

It's either we use logic like that, pretend that THIS termite DOES indeed have a skull, or we deny that said creature was what it was said to be.
Our forward thinking overseer at the time devised a way in which werebeasts can live in peace with other dwarves by utilizing the mysterious magical properties of soap!

Salmeuk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I . . . have returned. Turn list updated. Ethan's entries are awesome, and I wholeheartedly approve of cleaning by unsavory methods!

I've got a lot of work to do, don't I?

Understatement of the year!
« Last Edit: April 01, 2015, 10:52:02 am by Salmeuk »

Drazoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Conspiracy intensifies
    • View Profile

Very nice posts everyone.  Expect something from me soonish.  Also, I would like to see the combat log for the death of the bug.  Kronk is not responsible, though if he were it would finally give me the chance to post those Emperor's New Grove images I found for such an occasion.
Welcome to Doomforests, please, choose a cult of your liking or head to the overseers office to register your own cult. Religious freedom is pride of this fortress!

AllergicToMyself

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

In technicality, they do have a skull, but it can't really be classified as one due to it being an exoskeleton.

It's either we use logic like that, pretend that THIS termite DOES indeed have a skull, or we deny that said creature was what it was said to be.

I like the idea that some mad potter devised a scheme to create counterfeit forgotten beast trinkets to sell.

"Yeah man, this is the skull of a legendary termite monster. Totally legit."

Cackling all the way to the coin vault about stupid customers.

TechnoXan

• Bay Watcher
  • Crundles + Kobolds = AWESOME!!
    • View Profile

Hey guys, RP is going great!  :) Love it and can't wait to get in. I was/am going to post a lot and I will soon. Hopefully late today, but I am having some computer troubles. Actually a huge malware (or whatever it is, it's bad though.) and I am waiting for my family techie to help. So yeah, just saying I love what's happening and I will definently post on it with a big summary thing.  :D    Oh and that also reminds me of the pacific rim black market, the counterfeit stuff.
By the by, if your wondering why I use so many smiley faces, its because I smile a lot when I talk. So I use them here so I don't come off the wrong way.

And so it begins...
OPEN THE GATES!

Drazoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Conspiracy intensifies
    • View Profile
Re: The Golden Years of Doomforests - pssst . . . wanna buy a termite skull?
« Reply #909 on: April 01, 2015, 08:39:02 pm »

[OOC] I noticed the title changed again.  I like it. [/OOC]

3 was walking around the fort, trying to decide who he wanted to be replaced by.  As he walked, he heard there was a new arrival, one with a hole in his throat, asking about the overseer position.  A few threats and bribes later, this newcomer was elected as the new overseer.  With the main issue out of the way, he returned to his room.  As he was arranging things for the new overseer, he realized he hadn't reported back to mother in a while, so he wrote a letter containing everything that he felt she needed to know.  He decided to keep his alliance with the Dark One a secret, though he was sure to tell her about the MechaTechno, as well as his suspicions regarding SanctumCoals, urging action be taken to prepare for their removal.  Once completed, the letter was sent by a bird construct.  He then returned to his room, and slept for a while. 

Upon awakening, he heard that the bug was dead. Ticking that off his mental list of problems, he decided it was time to meet with his associates.  As he headed towards the caverns, he heard a loud sound, and felt Dark One's energy disappear for a moment.  Amending his mental list of things to do, he goes and refills his rum bottle, and heads to his workshop.  Taking some random leg joints, he removes the ball part of the leg bones where they connected to the hip bone, and began carving into them.  A few moments later, he was finished.  Going to his Crundle constructs, he placed the carvings into their eye-sockets.  He then activated them, sending them to where he knew Dark One had been working on his research.  The new parts would allow the constructs to relay visual information to him telepathically, greatly enhancing their abilities.  3 figured that he could either use them to search out Dark One's, for lack of a better term, lab for info, or wait for a new cult to form and keep watch on them.  He then set off towards the caverns.
Welcome to Doomforests, please, choose a cult of your liking or head to the overseers office to register your own cult. Religious freedom is pride of this fortress!

Dark One

• Bay Watcher
  • 'What do I care for your suffering?'
    • View Profile
« Reply #910 on: April 02, 2015, 02:37:19 am »

Ah, I see that Drazoth sent me a crundle constructs! They'll meet with my high priest, speaking of which, I have a mission for him. Using my power I send a vision to his mind, and say:

- Forgotten One, a termite died here a few days ago. Seek out his skull and bring it to the altar! I bless you with necromantic powers to ease your quest, but remember. Should they spot you, I'll turn you into pile of bones again! Go!

And then I look at the termite's corpse. They are doing something with the corpse! Hey! Keep your peasant hands off my skull!

TechnoXan

• Bay Watcher
  • Crundles + Kobolds = AWESOME!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #911 on: April 02, 2015, 01:13:01 pm »

The Codex of TechnoXan, Master Mecha Engineer

Entry Five:

Ah, things are moving quickly, too quickly. My dear friend Drazoth III has sadly stepped down but he did a great job, Mecha plan B was almost fully finished. While surveying the site for a possible gem compacter I found a small book. I picked it up and then I felt it. A strange evil energy! I have taken it to my office for  further study. In other news Politica plan B is done. My labors to solve the alchemical energy transfer proved successful when I added a hint of raw ore. Now I have it. The Magmatica Device. A masterfully crafted large arm gauntlet with two barrels on the top leading all the way down the arm and an indentation at the back and silver engraving of Crundles surrounding Armok, the Crundles are taunting him. The magma gem fits perfectly inside the indentation. This devise manipulates the very essence of magma. When I focus its energy by letting some of the magma it is submerged in seep through the barrels it can melt the very rock floor we all stand on! Or even draw the magma any direction I want! By driving pistons into the aiming magma I can pull magma towards or away from me from many meters away! Let the heathens that befoul my beautiful caverns cower in fear of the Magmatica Device! Never again will they hunt an innocent Crundle, never again! Now my attention can be focused on other issues such as this evil artifact book, inquisition or the omnipresent Dark One. Already my elite platoon of ten Crundles trains for the day they will destroy the inquisition. The time draws closer and closer.

Entry Six:

Blast! I found some lunatic with a fatal injury to his neck in my office reading the artifact. I had taken some notes in it already and I think he might have seen them! He babbled on about Armok and Devils and I was thinking of giving Fido a gourmet snack but he was obviously insane. I kicked him out but I am worried at how he got in. Maybe he used a ladder to get across the pit full of Cave Crocs, or did he lure the Cave Ogre out of the side cave using boar meat? Good thing my Codex is secure. I am having Zurek search the office anyway, he may have taken something. Wait, what! That babbling fool is apparently the overseer!? And he ordered a killing a…Big...Termite? What is going on here!? Zurek must have sniffed some of those orange and cyan mushrooms on accident. Oh who am I kidding, on purpose. I am sending out Urel to spy on that pile of Troll crap. This brand new lunatic worries me. Well my next project is now under way. My years are taking their toll, so I am going to find a way to stop it. I don’t know how but I will survive. I fear for my Crundles and the whole  sect should I fail. Armok is all mighty, but we make our own destiny. He merely sets the scene.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2015, 10:07:21 pm by TechnoXan »
By the by, if your wondering why I use so many smiley faces, its because I smile a lot when I talk. So I use them here so I don't come off the wrong way.

And so it begins...
OPEN THE GATES!

mate888

• Bay Watcher
  • [CRAZED]
    • View Profile

They don't... Don't tell her that, though, she may come back.
And goes on, to create a shrine over the collapsed section of cavern.
Kobold cult?
WE ARE DOOMED!
Eh, I can always hint everything toward MechaTechno, in fact I will.
My second turn's unnoficial goal was to turn everyone into vampires, and it backfired so bad, I ended up making the fort a more efficient, safer and friendlier place.
Apparently they evolved a taste for everything I love and care about

ShapedWhisper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #913 on: April 03, 2015, 03:03:54 am »

Would you kindly Dorf me into the game?
Preferably one with offspring so they could contine my leagacy.
HE SHALL BE NAMNED WHISPERJUNIOR. OR IF A DAUGHTER LIL'WHISPER!!!
After his father ShapedWhisper of course
« Last Edit: April 03, 2015, 03:54:20 am by ShapedWhisper »

PsychoAngel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #914 on: April 04, 2015, 01:24:41 pm »

Journal of Psycho II, Health Inspector of the MONDH

The year is 1061, and the fortress of Doomforests was reported of miraculously surviving several very well-off attempts to end it's existence. Certain informants on the matter report of a battle between cults and some form of "inquisitors." I, Psycho II, have been dispatched to ensure that Doomforests will be in working condition. It must be clean, and it must be in full working condition. And who better to do so than a relative of the famed 'Grand Soaper' who has been a fine introduction to the fortress's early years? After all, it was he who ensured the fortress had the materials it needed in order to be clean, and it was he who helped industrialize some of it's production.

Yes, today is the day I set off, to find what in the halls of Doomforests I do not know, but I do know for certain that I am in for quite an adventure, if the stories told hold any truth.

Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 144