Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

According to the newest research, what substance is best tasked with reinvorgorating a sleepy thread?

Powdered Sweet Pod
Crushed Mermaid Scale
Elven Bone Marrow
Flaked Adamantine
Ground Unicorn Horn

Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 144

Author Topic: The Hastening of Doomforests  (Read 426815 times)

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile
Re: The Golden Years of Doomforests - pssst . . . wanna buy a termite skull?
« Reply #960 on: April 17, 2015, 06:12:44 pm »

We'll, at least we now have a Crundle pit
Truly worth the 8 years of terror and pain I went through in order to reach that incredibly important milestone.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #961 on: April 18, 2015, 11:39:32 pm »

Taupe, what exactly have you been doing between turns and how did you piss off that many giants?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

PsychoAngel

• Bay Watcher
  • My silliness is our saving grace.
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #962 on: April 19, 2015, 10:38:29 am »

I'm not feeling too well at the moment, but I'll get started as soon as I can.
God I hate delaying the fort.
Our forward thinking overseer at the time devised a way in which werebeasts can live in peace with other dwarves by utilizing the mysterious magical properties of soap!

Quote from: PsychoAngel on January 19, 2016
Don't worry. I've got extremely volatile exploding fish.
My friends and I say a lot of fun things to each other.

Iamblichos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #963 on: April 19, 2015, 11:45:16 am »

I'm not feeling too well at the moment, but I'll get started as soon as I can.
God I hate delaying the fort.

Won't be the first delay or the last; health comes first.  Feel better, dude!
I'm new to succession forts in general, yes, but do all forts designed by multiple overseers inevitably degenerate into a body-filled labyrinth of chaos and despair like this? Or is this just a Battlefailed thing?

There isn't much middle ground between killed-by-dragon and never-seen-by-dragon.

PsychoAngel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #964 on: April 19, 2015, 12:06:03 pm »

Journal of PsychoAngel II, New Overseer and Health Inspector

Today marks the beginning of my year as the new overseer of Doomforests, what lies in the future I do not know.

I begin the year by taking a look around the fortress, seeing all there is to be seen, and how much of a mess the place is. While it is a mess, some corpses here and there, stones all over the place, etc, I honestly don't see a whole lot wrong with the place. Besides all of the twists and turns throughout the halls that make no sense.

One of our planters gives birth to a boy. Considering the history of this place, I hope he turns out to have an inclination for weapons, one way or an other.

There are a few construction projects that I have no idea what their purpose is, but maybe if I look through other logs I may find my answer. However I do not have the time for that at the moment.

I have no idea where anything is, and from what I can see it looks as though we don't have a hospital. Odd. I'll put my faith in the fact that I probably just didn't see it.

I don't know how well-off our military is, and I don't know how big their squadrons are. I won't be taking any chances, however, and order everyone inside.
I don't know what lever controls which bridge, and I have no idea why dwarves are running outside at this point in time when everyone who goes out there might get shot.

It's too much work to assign all of the citizens to the burrows, and so I just have to have faith that The Constructive Clasps will be there on time.

I thought a siege would consist of more than just two goblins... I order that the bridges not be raised. We will only engage when they decide to move.

I make preparations to reinstate the old soapmaking corner in Old Doomforests that my old relative used. The ashery and soap making shops are still there, but I need a wood furnace to make it complete again. I order it done, and now I wait.

Why would you do that? It's a waste of space.

Anyway, people keep telling me that we have no more cages, so I tell them to fix the problem instead of complain about it. Some of the carpenters catch my drift, and begin working on wooden cages.

What an odd sort of place we live in. The only semblance of an injury the crundle sustained is how tired it is.

A whole week later, the pair of goblin invaders are still standing in their corner on the outskirts of the fortress. I don't get this culture of theirs.

Honestly, it doesn't seem like there will be much going on around here, but everything can change, knowing that Doomforests is my home.

While we are considered under siege, it really hasn't changed anything. I haven't the time to engrave more in my slab here, but I will do more at a later date.

That's what I got for now, guys. I'm not feeling at my best, so I'll have to do more later.
Our forward thinking overseer at the time devised a way in which werebeasts can live in peace with other dwarves by utilizing the mysterious magical properties of soap!

Iamblichos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #965 on: April 20, 2015, 05:19:25 am »

Ah, I see Smunstu's uncle is still chief of the local tribes, and our arrangement still holds... good to know.
I'm new to succession forts in general, yes, but do all forts designed by multiple overseers inevitably degenerate into a body-filled labyrinth of chaos and despair like this? Or is this just a Battlefailed thing?

There isn't much middle ground between killed-by-dragon and never-seen-by-dragon.

TechnoXan

• Bay Watcher
  • Crundles + Kobolds = AWESOME!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #966 on: April 20, 2015, 05:43:57 am »

Great update and feel better psychoangle!  :D
By the by, if your wondering why I use so many smiley faces, its because I smile a lot when I talk. So I use them here so I don't come off the wrong way.

And so it begins...
OPEN THE GATES!

PsychoAngel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #967 on: April 23, 2015, 06:41:36 pm »

Sorry about not being able to post any progress. EOIs are in and that's been taking up my time, as well as studying for an AP exam. As soon as I start feeling the itch, I'll see how long I can play.

mate888

• Bay Watcher
  • [CRAZED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #968 on: April 29, 2015, 01:03:57 pm »

I'll just post here so that the thread is not lost under tons of other threads.
My second turn's unnoficial goal was to turn everyone into vampires, and it backfired so bad, I ended up making the fort a more efficient, safer and friendlier place.
Apparently they evolved a taste for everything I love and care about

Iamblichos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #969 on: April 29, 2015, 01:21:11 pm »

Yeah... it looks like every group fort simultaneously died... kind of eerie.

TechnoXan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #970 on: April 29, 2015, 02:07:35 pm »

So how is the fort going? We can't have it stagnate for too long. (And checking the thread is what I do when I am really bored!  :) ) I'm going to RP soon but I am having trouble with SOL studying, projects, and lots and lots of math homework.  :'(  well I'll get in a small bit today, like, reeeeealy small.
By the by, if your wondering why I use so many smiley faces, its because I smile a lot when I talk. So I use them here so I don't come off the wrong way.

And so it begins...
OPEN THE GATES!

PsychoAngel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #971 on: April 29, 2015, 02:56:16 pm »

That's my problem, too. I have studying to do, a large group of people to administrate, and a no credit application to fill out. I'm pretty busy right now, but I'll try to get in as much as I possibly can when I next get the chance.

I really hate being the cause for delays, makes me feel terrible. :'(

TechnoXan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #972 on: April 29, 2015, 04:29:39 pm »

OOC:Don't feel bad, happens to the best of us! (I'll edit my RP in on this post)

The Codex of TechnoXan, Master Mecha Engineer
                    Entry Seven:
My serums aren’t working and I am running out of time! I think I must delve into methods more exotic than just herbs and alloys. I am going to send Urel to search the caverns for any artifacts that may help, if he gets back. Its been days since I sent him to spy on the overseer. My selective breeding has created two breeds of Crundles. The Fangs, a smaller more numerous Crundle with a higher intelligence. Then the Alphas, a larger and stronger Crundle that are great soldiers (for a Crundle) and know no fear. Well I have more important matters at hand. Mainly planning my crushing blow to the inquisition. Those little Elves are planning something. I am screening my pack Alpha Crundles for a taskforce my acolytes and I will lead for a direct attack on the inquisition base. We will strike as soon as our equipment is ready, but I am putting a squad of Fangs on patrol as I am taken almost all the Alphas on our attack. For the Mechatechno sect, we will destroy any in our way!

OOC: man, school is kicking my butt! I am late on a promise again!  ;)
« Last Edit: May 01, 2015, 03:45:29 pm by TechnoXan »

And so it begins...
OPEN THE GATES!

TechnoXan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So is anyone up for some RP coordination to kickstart it all? I'm up for anything like attacks, wars, or plans.  :D

And so it begins...
OPEN THE GATES!

mate888

• Bay Watcher
  • [CRAZED]
    • View Profile

I'll kick this post to the top again because I'll be really upset if it dies.
My second turn's unnoficial goal was to turn everyone into vampires, and it backfired so bad, I ended up making the fort a more efficient, safer and friendlier place.
Apparently they evolved a taste for everything I love and care about
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 144