Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

According to the newest research, what substance is best tasked with reinvorgorating a sleepy thread?

Powdered Sweet Pod
Crushed Mermaid Scale
Elven Bone Marrow
Flaked Adamantine
Ground Unicorn Horn

Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 144

Author Topic: The Hastening of Doomforests  (Read 430379 times)

TechnoXan

• Bay Watcher
  • Crundles + Kobolds = AWESOME!!
    • View Profile

So, mate888 want to have another war?
By the by, if your wondering why I use so many smiley faces, its because I smile a lot when I talk. So I use them here so I don't come off the wrong way.

And so it begins...
OPEN THE GATES!

Dark One

• Bay Watcher
  • 'What do I care for your suffering?'
    • View Profile

[OOC] Thanks to Drazoth for helping me to write this. [/OOC]

The kobold priest moves slowly through the caverns. He knows that blessing of his dark god gives him strenght needed to deal with any problems along the way. After a short while he realises that someone is watching him. He turns around, to see a dwarf coming out of shadows.

Drazoth the 3rd emerges from the shadows, the crundle constructs at his sides. With calm voice he says:

- Hello, I would like to speak with your master.

Kobold looks at the constructs. Powerful magic holds their existence in place. Then he speaks with cold, empty voice:

- Why do you wish to speak with my master?

- He and I were allies while he was on this plane. I wish to see if our alliance still stands, and if so, what changes may need to be made to our plans.

The kobold shudders. His empty eye sockets fill with strange energies, and he starts to speak with dwarven voice:

- I have awaited you. Know that our alliance still stands, but now I can offer You much more. I can grant you eternity, I can bring death to your enemies. What is it you seek?

Drazoth smiles slightly at the sound of the eldritch voice.

- I have no need for eternity. I know myself well enough to know that I would just get bored after the first thousand years or so.  What I seek right now is information, namely, what has become of you? Are you dead? Have you ascended to godhood?

Energies start to flow much more violently through the kobolds eye sockets. Then he speaks:

- I have left this realm and become a constant within variables. I have ascended godhood. Only now I can see that my mission in Doomforests is of greater importance than ever before.  Be prepared, when the time comes.

- I shall be. Progress on the project is slow going. During my time as overseer several miners disappeared while working on it.  Any idea what might have happened to them?

- I cannot tell you, as I'm bound by an oath of the gods. Only thing I can tell, is that the cause of disappearances is not of this realm. The good thing is, that with enough preparations, You could take control over it.

Drazoth looks bored by the conversation. He takes a bottle out of his pocket, but seeing that there is no ale inside he hides it quickly.

- I will look in to it then. While we are on the subject, I don't believe that we ever discussed one thing.

Then he says what the problem is, and asks:

- Any ideas?

- Crystals and soap would allow you to do this.

- Very well. Since my replacement has finished his term as overseer, it seems a relative of the Great Soaper has taken the purple hat. Since he shares his kinsman's obsession with the substance, convincing him to make enough for our purposes should be easy.  What might be difficult is convincing him to use it for building, and not cleaning.

- Hmmm... You could always say that you're going to build the cleanest building in the fortress.

Kobold priest moves his hand a little forward. Suddenly an object appears in his hand.

- Take this gift. It would make everything easier.

Drazoth looks at the gift. He then makes a curt gesture and one of the constructs takes it, holding it with only two claws like one would hold a very dirty sock.

- Thank you. I will need to go check on the project now and see how much my replacement accomplished. Then I need to talk with the new overseer. Anything else you wish to say before I go?

- There are important matters to discuss with other gods. Do you need something from one of them?

- I need nothing from the gods at the moment. I'll let you know if I do. Until we speak again.

With that Drazoth turns and leaves with the constructs following, the one holding the gift carries it at arms' length, seemingly disgusted by it.

- So be it.

Kobold priest shudders no more. Then he translocates to take what his master needs - a termite skull.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2015, 11:50:01 am by Dark One »

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile

Fuck, whose turn is it? Get on with it!

mate888

• Bay Watcher
  • [CRAZED]
    • View Profile

So, mate888 want to have another war?
We never started the first one, but sure!

-----------------------------------------------------------

Journal of Mate the 888th, Chief Inquisitor
AAAAAAAAAAAARGH! THE FUCKING CRUNDLES ARE EVERYWHERE! WHY WOULD ANYONE EVER THINK ABOUT PUTTING THEM IN A PIT?!
LITTLE COCKROACHES!

-Kulet!
-Yes?
-You see those crundles roaming about the fort?
-Yes...
-Gather a group of people and kill every single one of them.
-Is there any reason for it?
-They are annoying.
-That's a valid reason, but won't that piss off Techno Xan?
-Kulet.
-Yes?
-Shut up and work. Kill the crundles or I'll burn you.
-*sigh* Yes, sir.
My second turn's unnoficial goal was to turn everyone into vampires, and it backfired so bad, I ended up making the fort a more efficient, safer and friendlier place.
Apparently they evolved a taste for everything I love and care about

Drazoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Conspiracy intensifies
    • View Profile

Hello.... Anybody still here?  PsychoAngel, you there?
Welcome to Doomforests, please, choose a cult of your liking or head to the overseers office to register your own cult. Religious freedom is pride of this fortress!

TechnoXan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I hope that when exams are over all the threads will speed up again, it's just so slow! Oh and mate, I'll RP soon, exams!  :'( :'( but yeah, is an update in the pipes?  :-\
By the by, if your wondering why I use so many smiley faces, its because I smile a lot when I talk. So I use them here so I don't come off the wrong way.

And so it begins...
OPEN THE GATES!

PsychoAngel

• Bay Watcher
  • My silliness is our saving grace.
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile

I hate exams for this reason, too.

I'll speed it up as soon as I can.
Our forward thinking overseer at the time devised a way in which werebeasts can live in peace with other dwarves by utilizing the mysterious magical properties of soap!

Quote from: PsychoAngel on January 19, 2016
Don't worry. I've got extremely volatile exploding fish.
My friends and I say a lot of fun things to each other.

mate888

• Bay Watcher
  • [CRAZED]
    • View Profile

Well, the exams are killing more overseers and ex-overseers than all the FB's on Doomforests together.
It was inevitable.
My second turn's unnoficial goal was to turn everyone into vampires, and it backfired so bad, I ended up making the fort a more efficient, safer and friendlier place.
Apparently they evolved a taste for everything I love and care about

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I feel your pain m8 888

Corona688

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

When Darzoth opened the door, I was shocked. Confused. Speechless. The whole thing with the mysterious cavern dwellers lasted at most 20 seconds, after which I paused, took screenshots, and closed the game. This was so anticlimatic, I had to stop. As I tried to process what was happening, I spent a good fifteen minutes in my chair, giggling and shaking uncontrollably. (I was tired and full of caffeine). I'll be fair, this is easily in the top one of the things I experienced in a videogame. Each question I could think of only created more questions. so my brain just stopped, and i spent my time there, laughing maniacally. Because this was so absurd.
I am randomly bursting into fits of giggles and are liable to do so for days despite a class-2 toothache which somehow stopped hurting despite -- or from -- laughing enough to make my face tingle.
That's right, Ast is so mind-blown, that her confusion overwhelms her murderous, cursed instincts, and so she just stares at Darzoth, who slowly back the fuck away. i click her. Her primary motivation now is ''Building wall'', which is weird for a weebeast because enemies usually don't have a general screen with their skills and current job. The situation is indeed so stupid that the game refuses to ackowledge what's going on, and so WereAst just observes her unfinished barricade, unable to comprehend how its construction was ever suspended in the first place. A day pass, then two. Ast turns back into a dwarf. The cavern folks return to the forge, and find her naked, still staring at the wall. I click the wall, and cancel it. ast finally picks up her clothes.
It is hard to see the screen through the tears.

It's unclear why most of the senior members of the fort decided to sneak past the barricade and dodge a forgotten beast for three months to live here. none of them seems sane enough to really explain. They have no weapons, no booze, no tools, no ressources, no food, no beds, and no form of organisation whatsoever. They are living on the dusty ground inbetween three gigantic magma pools, where they are stalked by crundles and a forgotten beast. Yet somehow, despite all this, they seem to have a happier life than the proper residents of the fortress. what a great fort doomforest is, guys.
My stomach hurts

Ast is smelting some stuff while the rest are gathering food. Everything is going well, until everyone realizes that the next full moon is really, really soon.

oh god

We are locking a crazy werewolf away behind a giant bar of soap. In a volcano. desperate times, man.

The blood moons come and goes, and ast rages and claws at her soapy confine. In a violation of all reason and logic, the barricade holds. Astville endures for another month.

Yes

You read that right.

A single bar of soap saved the fortress.

despite everything, life down here is simple, and somewhat safe. they are slowly building everything they need out of bamboo and mushrooms. They are living wacky minor hijinks. It's basically Gilligan Island, except instead of almost getting rescued at the end of each episode, they almost get devoured by a wereantelope.

it hurts to laugh
You never know when you might need a berserk dwarf to set loose somewhere.

Chaoseed

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Chaoseed Software

it hurts to laugh

I see someone else has gotten to Taupe's turn. Believe it or not, it gets better. ;)
Surprisepalace! Overseers wanted!
But they never would have given up either. And compared to sitting around in this prison for the rest of my life? Losing is fun.

Drazoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Conspiracy intensifies
    • View Profile

Welcome to the mad house.  On a side note, I've been thinking of writing journal entries for 1 and 2 that would cover my inactivity during their stays, to help alleviate this lull in activity.  Let me know if you think it's a good idea.
Welcome to Doomforests, please, choose a cult of your liking or head to the overseers office to register your own cult. Religious freedom is pride of this fortress!

Corona688

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I see someone else has gotten to Taupe's turn. Believe it or not, it gets better. ;)
Nothing tops that.  Soon after it becomes impossible to tell the gameplay apart from the fanfiction written in firm defiance of in-game events. 
« Last Edit: May 14, 2015, 06:03:46 pm by Corona688 »
You never know when you might need a berserk dwarf to set loose somewhere.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So whose reaction is better, his or mine?

TechnoXan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Welcome to the mad house.  On a side note, I've been thinking of writing journal entries for 1 and 2 that would cover my inactivity during their stays, to help alleviate this lull in activity.  Let me know if you think it's a good idea.

Sounds great! Man I am so busy, I will RP tomorrow though. I hope... I'm super busy with Crownhammers as well!  ;D

And so it begins...
OPEN THE GATES!
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 144