Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

According to the newest research, what substance is best tasked with reinvorgorating a sleepy thread?

Powdered Sweet Pod
Crushed Mermaid Scale
Elven Bone Marrow
Flaked Adamantine
Ground Unicorn Horn

Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 144

Author Topic: The Hastening of Doomforests  (Read 432610 times)

Chaoseed

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Chaoseed Software

I see someone else has gotten to Taupe's turn. Believe it or not, it gets better. ;)
Nothing tops that.  Soon after it becomes impossible to tell the gameplay apart from the fanfiction written in firm defiance of in-game events.

Well, I was just referring to the fact that you were quoting from the early part of Taupe's turn. For my money, the crowning moment of awesome for Doomforests is

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Surprisepalace! Overseers wanted!
But they never would have given up either. And compared to sitting around in this prison for the rest of my life? Losing is fun.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile

The moment when the goat showed up was a great pre-climax, with the real climax being the doctor wandering around ignoring orders to pick a flower and save their ass.

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile

Sure, things looked grim for a moment back then, but over the years Doomforests has slowly evolved into a nice place to raise a family.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2015, 01:22:16 am by Taupe »

Iamblichos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It would be really nice if this fort didn't die.

:-\

Just sayin'.
I'm new to succession forts in general, yes, but do all forts designed by multiple overseers inevitably degenerate into a body-filled labyrinth of chaos and despair like this? Or is this just a Battlefailed thing?

There isn't much middle ground between killed-by-dragon and never-seen-by-dragon.

TechnoXan

• Bay Watcher
  • Crundles + Kobolds = AWESOME!!
    • View Profile

It would be really nice if this fort didn't die.

:-\

Just sayin'.

With all the people interested in it I don't think so.  ::) I hope so.  Is an update coming? We all need one pretty fast.  :-\ But I do understand you're exam troubles but maybe just a small one?  :D
By the by, if your wondering why I use so many smiley faces, its because I smile a lot when I talk. So I use them here so I don't come off the wrong way.

And so it begins...
OPEN THE GATES!

PsychoAngel

• Bay Watcher
  • My silliness is our saving grace.
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile

Probably be able to do one on Sunday. I don't want the fort to die, either.

We'll see if I can do one today, though. I'm starting to have more time.
Our forward thinking overseer at the time devised a way in which werebeasts can live in peace with other dwarves by utilizing the mysterious magical properties of soap!

Quote from: PsychoAngel on January 19, 2016
Don't worry. I've got extremely volatile exploding fish.
My friends and I say a lot of fun things to each other.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile

Oh come on, if the fort did die you guys would just turn whatever killed it against the next thing to come along.

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile

dont take too long. weird things happen when i take over your turns.

...wait im still not even in the turn list 😕

mate888

• Bay Watcher
  • [CRAZED]
    • View Profile

I feel your pain m8 888
I'll sig that.
You have no choice on the matter, I will.
My second turn's unnoficial goal was to turn everyone into vampires, and it backfired so bad, I ended up making the fort a more efficient, safer and friendlier place.
Apparently they evolved a taste for everything I love and care about

mate888

• Bay Watcher
  • [CRAZED]
    • View Profile

I got bored so I made this ugly mouse-made drawing about that one brave duck who singlehandedly (singlewingedly?) delayed a greenskin siege during my turn for several weeks before being finally killed by the bloodthirsty goblins when they managed to get him of the tree he was hiding in.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I know that hundreds of dwarves died in more epic circumstances, but screw them, the duck is better.
May he rest in peace.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2015, 09:42:40 pm by mate888 »
My second turn's unnoficial goal was to turn everyone into vampires, and it backfired so bad, I ended up making the fort a more efficient, safer and friendlier place.
Apparently they evolved a taste for everything I love and care about

PsychoAngel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile

Terribly sorry about the delay, but now I am able to get some good playtime in.

It won't be as detailed as it usually would for me, though. Feeling weird today as well as me wanting to accelerate the growth of the fort as quickly as possible
Our forward thinking overseer at the time devised a way in which werebeasts can live in peace with other dwarves by utilizing the mysterious magical properties of soap!

PsychoAngel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile

Journal of Psycho II: Second Entry

It appears I may not be able to be as detailed as I like in the next few entries, a whole lot of bustle and chaos is going on and it makes it hard to concentrate.

Anyways, it is the sixteenth of Granite, and some odd happenings have occurred, but it's not a problem.

Current Accomplishments:
-Remade the soaping corner. Armok knows we'll need it.
-Installed several more coffins.
-Felled some trees. People threw up.
-Built five Mason's Workshops in a corner where a ton of stone is lying around.

Notable Happenings:
-Migrants arrived on the fifteenth of Slate. Eight in all.
-So far, no trouble has been made by anyone. Not yet at least.

Notable oddities:
-No one seems to want to bury the corpse of Solon Duthnurreg, perhaps there aren't enough coffins...
-Moody dwarf went mad :( She's not causing any trouble... yet.
-Goblin invaders are harassing the local wildlife more than they are us. It's like all they came here for was to put forth a motion for Langur genocide.
-A month has passed, they still haven't buried Solon.
-A forgotten Beast is stuck behind some fungal trees.
-The goblins left without a word, no one even knew that they were here.
-The Crundle who was fighting an Elk Bird died. Looks like it needed more training.
-I've heard tell of a Crundle Pit, but as far as the census goes, there's only ONE Crundle in the fort.

Notable Scenes:
Spoiler: Lonely Solon (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Beastie (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Mason's Corner (click to show/hide)

Corona688

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Check that they haven't picked a coffin somewhere forbidden or something.
You never know when you might need a berserk dwarf to set loose somewhere.

Galena

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I've been dreading the end of your turn for a while. This is my first community fort, so I just know I'll run it to the ground.

If you get any migrants, please dwarf me.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2015, 10:27:17 am by Galena »
He listed off what sounded like a lot of painful-sounding procedures that needed to be done, then proceeded to immediately throw a party.

PsychoAngel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile

Don't worry, I'll try to keep it as stable as possible for ya.  ;D

Anyways, finals are in tomorrow and Friday, and my mom's birthday party is on Saturday, so I won't have time until Sunday.

Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 144