Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

According to the newest research, what substance is best tasked with reinvorgorating a sleepy thread?

Powdered Sweet Pod
Crushed Mermaid Scale
Elven Bone Marrow
Flaked Adamantine
Ground Unicorn Horn

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 144

Author Topic: The Hastening of Doomforests  (Read 426831 times)

Ethan741

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Fate of Doomforests
« Reply #45 on: October 30, 2014, 07:27:49 pm »

2nd Limestone, 1052

Thief! Someone shoot the taffer!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

...Or not. Let him bugger off, I guess.

11th Limestone, 1052

Dwarvern caravan has arrived! I hope they like microline crowns, because they're not getting much else.

19th Limestone, 1052

More Migrants. Yay, more non-working mouths to feed!

27th Limestone, 1052

Behold! My wonderous army of semi-trained Dralthas!

I wish we had caught something more menacing.

22nd Sandstone

OH

SHIT

Okay! So apparently, a GIANT SPIDER FROM HELL decided to clamber up our heavily fortified stairs. Nekoexmachina, who happened to be watching at the time, took the brunt of the spiders onslaught. While he put of a good fight, thrashing and screaming, in the end, he just got his throat torn out. As  I shook my head in shame, and wrote down another order for a stone coffin, I heard a horrible screetch. Neko decided to shrug of the piercing of, let's say, three arteries, and proceeded to TEAR OUT each one of the spiders eyes, screaming from both his mouth and throat at the same time while doing so. He then proceeded to go to the dining room and get a drink.

It's okay, It's not like I wanted to sleep tonight anyway.

8th Timber, 1052

Hey, remember how I was terrified of that Ogre a few months back?

Yeah, screw that.

Almost as if it was like water, flowing down a stone, Sut, Guardian of the Pit slithered up the stone staircase with the speed of a flying bolt. Immediaetly, she seized a nearby woodcutter, Salmeuk, and leaps upon him, wrestling him to the ground. He thrashed and fought, but with vicious efficiency, she began breaking his limbs one by one with her thin wings. His screams echoed through the halls, but she showed no mercy. The one final strike that tore off his head was not a graceful once.

A farmer stood there watching in horror, unable to run, unable to even blink. As the great beast turned to him, he fell to his knees, feeling hopeless against the odds. As the viper dropped her previous prey's head, and slithered over to him, he felt a surge of anger course through his veins, and with a shout, he jumped from his crouched stanced, and charged Sut. Unfortunately, the beast simply caught him by the leg, and proceeded to tear his leg off too.

It was at this point that the militia arrived, but as I was soon to see, they didn't help out too much.

Bolt after bolt rained down on Sut, but nothing seems to stop it. She tore through everyone like simple sheets of fabric. That one stoneworker  that smiled at me today, as she crafted what she didn't know would be her last works. Gone in an instant, torn in half.

Drokels, the neurotic manager, who insisted that all the numbers *had* to be done correctly. How will he write now when he has no hands?
And many others, who I can't even name, who all looked the same as blood spewed forth from them.

Until he showed up.

Running without sound, and screaming without noise, the farmer Erush, enraged by the death of his comrades jumps into the air, and with a piroutte, lands a solid kick into the beast's eye, causing to explode in gore.

It would have a joyous moment too, if only the beast hadn't have turned it's head, and snapped of his feet in the next seconds.

We didn't even get the honor of delivering the fatal blow. It died of blood loss, after killing ten dwarves.

And even now, as the halls grow quiet, with only the sounds of dripping blood to accompany the silence, we can still hear the screams echoing in our minds.

I'm in a world of shit.

(OOC)

I thought you guys were kidding about the knee deep in forgotten beasts thing! Oh well. Congrats to Masked Hunter and Nekoexmachina for being the two named dwarves that got involved in the fray and lived. I  would have taken more pictures, but the battle was literally a one sided brawl, with a a snake standing (sitting?) on a pile of bodies. It wasn't really picture material, as they were too clustered together, not to mention dead.

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 30, 2014, 09:15:17 pm »

I'm in a world of shit.

That should be the official quote of this fortress

Drokles

• Bay Watcher
  • Armok hates us unconditionally
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 31, 2014, 01:47:09 am »

Hehe, I wonder if you regret saying not enough stuff was happening in the fort :P.

Neko decided to shrug of the piercing of, let's say, three arteries, and proceeded to TEAR OUT each one of the spiders eyes, screaming from both his mouth and throat at the same time while doing so. He then proceeded to go to the dining room and get a drink.
At least we have plenty of badasses in our fort it seems.

I'm in a world of shit.

That should be the official quote of this fortress
Done.

How many named dwarves remain? I love the fact that you bothered to custom name neko's role ;).

By the way, I wont be around next week to maintain the thread. I'll try to go online, but I'll be behind the great firewall of China. Just carry on piling Dwarven suffering onto our fort until I'm back ;)
« Last Edit: October 31, 2014, 01:51:34 am by Drokles »
On the rare occasions where this fort isnt under siege, wood cutting and hauling is our ultimate priority.

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 31, 2014, 01:55:15 am »

Just carry on piling Dwarven suffering onto our fort until I'm back

Like we can actually stop that....

Masked_Hunter1825

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 31, 2014, 06:01:26 am »

My fists know no equal!

nekoexmachina

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 31, 2014, 03:38:42 pm »

That ass was tryin' to stop me from getting my booze, dude. Noone can do that.

OOC
Never thought that "dorfing" thing could be satisfying, thus my first ever dorf.
Whenever i read the "doesn't care about anything anymore" line, i instantly imagine a dwarf, sitting alone on a swing set. Just slowly rocking back and forth, somberly staring at the ground, and stopping every once in a while to sigh.
It's mildly depressing.

Ethan741

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 31, 2014, 07:18:11 pm »

14th of Timber, day of the dead, 1052
Some sick bastards are raking over the bodies in the hall, and are taking their valuables, but everyone's just too shocked over what happened to say anything. In other news, I've ordered more coffins made, and have started looking for potential recruits for our Militia, as we lost a dwarf in the killing last week.

16th of Timber, 1052
The entry is empty, with only a date written on the page.

3rd Moonstone, 1052
We had a thief today. Upon peeking in the front doors, she looked horrified, and ran off.
I don't blame her.

20th Moonstone, 1052
Another troglodyte made it into the fortress today. I would send a kill-squad into the caverns to deal with them once and for all, but I'm terrified of uncovering another "thing" to deal with.

2nd Opal, 1052
Almost finished outfitting the military with metal armor. Maybe this will stop them fron getting slaughtered next time.

12nd Opal, 1052
A horned owl broke in today.

We fucking shot it to death.

13th Opal, 1052
As if I didn't have enough problems already, and now we have to find out who was the father.

19th Obisdian.
On the page is an image of a smiley face in charcoal.
Happy birthday.

1st of whatever, don't give two shits.
I've done some thinking this month. And you know what I think? Yeah, I'm pretty sure I'm done, goodbye and goodnight. If you need me, I'll be sitting in the corner of the statue garden, trying really hard not to scream. In fact, props to you if you even FIND this journal, cos' I'm sure as hell not keeping it. I don't want to remember what I saw, I want to forget. And I'm not gonna become some elephant-ass seer, remembering everything and becoming some seer. I'm just gonna pretend I know stuff about mechanics. Yeah, that sounds great. I'll let someone else have the responsibility for once.

(OOC)
I know I didn't write much this time around, but I didn't want to start vividly describing things, as it would conflict with the mood of my melodramatic, poncy-ass dwarf....

That, and I wanted to stop stalling, and let the next person have a go around the block.

Seriously though, that was a pretty brutal kill you pulled off there.
Anyway, the living dwarves are myself, Masked Hunter, and Nekoexmachina. Drokles got his hands cut off and promptly bled to death, and Salmuek got all of his limbs torn off and was finally decapitated. Beautiful. Anyway, the fortress is mostly fine, but keep an eye on the swordsdwarf. She's not the same after getting her arm torn off and losing everyone she ever loved. Be sure to improve the forge room, as it's pretty rough right now. Oh yeah, and here's the save!

http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=10008

Drokles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 31, 2014, 07:31:18 pm »

Score! Just in time for me to read it before leaving.

Well played Ethan. I sense a general tendency of the overseers of Doomforests to devolve into apathetic sods towards the end of their reign.
19th Obisdian.
On the page is an image of a smiley face in charcoal.
Happy birthday.
This just made me laugh.
On the rare occasions where this fort isnt under siege, wood cutting and hauling is our ultimate priority.

mate888

• Bay Watcher
  • [CRAZED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 31, 2014, 09:13:05 pm »

Well.
This is awesome.
I would like to have a turn after nekoexmachina if the fort is still alive by then.
And I will also leave this here:
My second turn's unnoficial goal was to turn everyone into vampires, and it backfired so bad, I ended up making the fort a more efficient, safer and friendlier place.
Apparently they evolved a taste for everything I love and care about

tonnot98

• Bay Watcher
  • Damp stone located.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 01, 2014, 02:09:29 pm »

I haven't read anything but the OP.

Couldn't resist, had to read.
Also, this fort is probably gonna surpass my deceased list of 700 in my 6 year fort pretty soon

This should be great FUN.

Also, I have a question.
Are we able to mod the raws very slightly?
« Last Edit: November 01, 2014, 03:20:05 pm by tonnot98 »
Not sure if dying of old age is an honor or a shame for weaponmasters. On the one hand, it means they never got the opportunity to die in glorious battle. On the other hand, it means nothing could beat them in glorious battle.
Meow.

nekoexmachina

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 04, 2014, 01:30:51 pm »

I seem to not be able to play my turn through, if I wont' answer in 1 day after the turn before me is finished, assume that I'm out.. (may have no internets for next month, not sure)
Whenever i read the "doesn't care about anything anymore" line, i instantly imagine a dwarf, sitting alone on a swing set. Just slowly rocking back and forth, somberly staring at the ground, and stopping every once in a while to sigh.
It's mildly depressing.

Drokles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 08, 2014, 02:03:06 am »

Well.
This is awesome.
I would like to have a turn after nekoexmachina if the fort is still alive by then.
And I will also leave this here:
Done.

I haven't read anything but the OP.

Couldn't resist, had to read.
Also, this fort is probably gonna surpass my deceased list of 700 in my 6 year fort pretty soon

This should be great FUN.

Also, I have a question.
Are we able to mod the raws very slightly?
Hey tonnot, are you still up for doing this?

I don't think we should mod the raws, but if you want I'll make a poll. What did you have in mind?

EDIT: Added a short writeup of the fort's history to the OP.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2014, 02:19:03 am by Drokles »

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 08, 2014, 03:58:30 am »

Not sure if I was dwarfed or not. Can somebody look into that? I have no preferences, since long-term goals would derive from hope, which would derive from a serious disregard for the basic principles of how this fortress seems to be operating.

Drokles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 10, 2014, 12:37:27 am »

Okay, unfortunately tonnot has not replied to my pm. Drazoth you can now officially take over.

Drazoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Conspiracy intensifies
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 10, 2014, 03:59:04 pm »

Very well, expect something tomorrow or Wednesday. 
Welcome to Doomforests, please, choose a cult of your liking or head to the overseers office to register your own cult. Religious freedom is pride of this fortress!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 144