Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

According to the newest research, what substance is best tasked with reinvorgorating a sleepy thread?

Powdered Sweet Pod
Crushed Mermaid Scale
Elven Bone Marrow
Flaked Adamantine
Ground Unicorn Horn

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 144

Author Topic: The Hastening of Doomforests  (Read 426763 times)

Drokles

• Bay Watcher
  • Armok hates us unconditionally
    • View Profile
Re: The Fate of Doomforests
« Reply #75 on: November 18, 2014, 11:47:12 pm »

I'm with Taupe on this one. Let's throw dwarven death and suffering at the invaders until they go away. Doomforests style.
Either way, you will have plenty to write about ;D.

As Salmeuk suggested, could you update the DFMA when you're done?
On the rare occasions where this fort isnt under siege, wood cutting and hauling is our ultimate priority.

Drazoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Conspiracy intensifies
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: November 19, 2014, 10:31:17 am »

Status Update: Halfway through winter, still got 85 dwarves left.  Sadly, our miners are not among them.  On the plus side, only 1 gobbo and 2 trolls are inside the fort, any other infiltrators are dead.  Throwing every one without useful professions at the enemy, if they can be killed, the fort is sealed so there should be a way to survive.  I'll update the DFMA as soon as learn how.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2015, 03:32:59 pm by Drazoth »
Welcome to Doomforests, please, choose a cult of your liking or head to the overseers office to register your own cult. Religious freedom is pride of this fortress!

Ethan741

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: November 19, 2014, 06:11:27 pm »

Hey guys, what's going on in this-

Nice update, I vote that we keep the goblin outside and then release it when elven traders arrive.

Meanwhile, look what someone drew in the forgotten beast art thread :

Do you recognize it Ethan?

GOODBYE

Drazoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Conspiracy intensifies
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: November 19, 2014, 07:57:52 pm »

Final update for my turn.  Sorry this took so long.
{Again, this is the revised version.  Deal with it.}

3rd Moonstone:  Another Goblin Siege has arrived.  It seems the last one they sent was merely to test our defenses.  This time they sent 25-30 gobbos and 5 trolls.  Our army is 7 strong, only if recent conscripts with little to no training can be counted.  If not, then we only have one guy.  I send the army to attack, and once they're out, I order the levers that seal the fort pulled.  I doubt they will accomplish much, but they should buy enough time for any one outside to get in.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

14th Moonstone: I am told that our army has been defeated, and that goblins have somehow slipped inside the fort!!  They appear to be up in the above ground farm/pasture.  I conscript some random losers with useless professions and send them to attack.

Date Unknown:  The conscripts have failed, and several dwarves lie dead.  On the bright side, there is only one goblin and 2 trolls within the fort.  Bad news is that the gobbo seems to be extremely skilled, killing anyone I send against him with being harmed.  I shall stop throwing away dwarves trying to fight him.  He will be dealt with later.  The fight against the trolls is going better.  At least they've been injured.  Though it seems that they are very tough, as even with serious injuries the one in the south end of the fort is stilling killing dwarves, even though it is in and out of consciousness.  The other has sustained only minor injuries, but has killed quite as many people yet.  Perhaps if I order my wife to attack, she could be killed.  Or she may actually do something useful for once.  Either way is fine by me.

Date Unknown:  The battle is still going, but I have conscripted every non-essential member of the fort and have ordered them to focus on the weaker troll.  After they kill it I'll have them kill the other and then try to kill the gobbo.

24th Opal:  The trolls are dead, but the gobbo is still alive.  However, it is cornered near the nobles dining area.  I order all doors that lead to that area sealed so that we can deal with it later.  While I will miss my dining room, at least I can begin working to rebuild the fort.

1st Obsidian: The doors that lead to the gobbo are sealed.  I order cage traps built outside the northern ones so we can trap it.  Most of the forts people are dead.  We only number 49 now.  However, the more important members of the fort survived, so we can rebuild.  The majority of the goblin forces are still out side, but I think we don't need to worry for now.  I order all people who weren't in the army to start with to leave the army and resume civilian duties.  Our focus for now needs to be cleaning up the corpses and rebuilding our army.  Also my wife is dead, so there's that going for me.

15th Obsidian: We are running out of space in the coffin room, so I order it expanded.  The cage traps are built, so I open the doors near them with the hopes that the gobbo will notice and charge out.  However, It doesn't seem to notice, even with dwarves entering that hallway and leaving towards the traps it doesn't move. 

1st Granite:  My year as overseer is up.  The gobbo still hasn't moved so my last orders are for our last marks dwarf to go kill him.  I doubt that he'll succeed, but I hope this will at least get the gobbo moving towards the traps.  Our food and Booze supplies are extremely high for our population, so I think we'll be okay.  It's just a matter of dealing with the dead and rebuilding our army.  The other gobbos and trolls are still out side though.  I will spend my time making weapons for our army.  We'll need them.  I wish the next Overseer good luck.  He'll need it.
Until I can rule again, I will continue to plan.  The plan must succeed.  The plan will succeed.

Well, that could have gone better.  Here are some images with useful info.  The text and arrows will tell you all you need to know.  Also, I didn't bother to keep up on the animal training so everything has reverted to a wild state.  This is because I don't know how to do that stuff, and I had bigger problems at the time.

Image 1:

Image 2:

Image 3:

Image 4:

Image 5:

Here's the link to the save:http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=10095
« Last Edit: February 08, 2015, 03:43:00 pm by Drazoth »
Welcome to Doomforests, please, choose a cult of your liking or head to the overseers office to register your own cult. Religious freedom is pride of this fortress!

Salmeuk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: November 19, 2014, 08:48:48 pm »

OH MY GOD EVERYONE IS DEAD

. . . yet it wasn't my fault? HURRAH!

Drokles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: November 19, 2014, 09:32:19 pm »

I knew something was fishy when the population reached past 110...
Well, we sure as hell fixed that quickly!
Now I'm looking forward to PsychoAngels turn. Hope he likes coffins.
On the rare occasions where this fort isnt under siege, wood cutting and hauling is our ultimate priority.

PsychoAngel

• Bay Watcher
  • My silliness is our saving grace.
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #81 on: November 19, 2014, 10:27:41 pm »

You hope I like coffins? Well, I'll be the first to let you know that I am A COFFIN CONNOISSEUR.
Full seriousness, I've intentionally kept myself out of the loop on the current state of our estate, because I want to be THAT guy this time. FUN shall ensue, my friends.
Our forward thinking overseer at the time devised a way in which werebeasts can live in peace with other dwarves by utilizing the mysterious magical properties of soap!

Quote from: PsychoAngel on January 19, 2016
Don't worry. I've got extremely volatile exploding fish.
My friends and I say a lot of fun things to each other.

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: November 20, 2014, 06:29:04 am »

Stop making it sound like it's a special day.

Drazoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Conspiracy intensifies
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: November 20, 2014, 11:56:01 am »

. . . yet it wasn't my fault? HURRAH!
I'm going to say it WAS your fault for not setting up the army properly.  Besides, not every one is dead.  I think all the named dwarves that were there at the start of my turn are still alive.  No one of import is dead.  I think.  At least I got my gold Coffin for when I eventually die.

StupidElves

• Bay Watcher
  • I coveted that wind, I suppose.
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: November 20, 2014, 12:22:24 pm »

PTW, also. Could I be dorfed? Metalsmith if possible.
Accidentally made over 5000 copper maces once. I have no idea how that happened.

GENERATION 29:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

PsychoAngel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #85 on: November 20, 2014, 05:23:35 pm »

Got the download, now testing with 40.16 because that's what i have.
If all is well, expect a report on the state of the estate.
Our forward thinking overseer at the time devised a way in which werebeasts can live in peace with other dwarves by utilizing the mysterious magical properties of soap!

PsychoAngel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #86 on: November 20, 2014, 06:10:03 pm »

Welp, double-post!

So I enter the game and it appears we are under siege. First order of business, though, is to get the people who want to be dorfed dorfed.
StupidElves is the fortress armorer.

OVERSEER'S LOG: ENTRY ONE
Well, here I am. Finally in the overseer's chair. Funnily enough, I have no idea what's going on right now, but for some reason, it doesn't bother me. I suppose I COULD be a bit more worried about our current situation, because we ARE in a siege right now. First things first: make sure the entrance is secure. Next: military check. Then: Opponent check. Lastly: Ignore/Battle the siege. Let's do this, I suppose.

Well, it seems like the entrance has already been compromised in the past, but it also seems like the hatch is enclosed by walls. Good. Time to check our current military force. Military? What military?! There's only ONE MARKSDWARF DRAFTED. Troubling, but nothing a little propaganda won't fix. Now all I have to do is check the enemy's position.
Oh goodie. They're far to the south of the fort. Looks like step four will be ignore for now. Hopefully it'll stay that way. Time to check on other pressing matters...
Oh. Oops. Looks like there's still a goblin in the for that needs to be dealt with. Suppose I'll send the ONE GUY to go shoot him or something. And he can't even do it. Great.
I guess I'll just check the stockpiles, then.

So this is our stores of bars. Can you tell me what's wrong with this picture? THERE ARE NO BARS OF SOAP. WHERE'S THE SOAP?! DOCTORS CANNOT CLEAN WOUNDS WITHOUT SOAP. I CANNOT MAKE AN AUTOMATED CLEANING MACHINE WITHOUT SOAP. I WILL NOT MAKE AN ASYLUM FOR THE INSANE WITHOUT SOAP. I just don't want to have to clean them myself, okay... DON'T OPPOSE ME. WE NEED SOAP NOW. Luckily for me and my sanity, we have plenty of tallow! Soap, here we come! Also, I ordered that some small animals be tamed at the kennels, hope anyone doesn't mind.

Okay, who's bright idea was it to NOT BUILD A GODDAMN SOAP MAKER'S SHOP!? Jeez, I feel like I have to do everything around here. Guess I'll put 'em next to the kennel. Soap will be on the way.

That's all I have time for for now, guys. Do you like me going in blind or do you think I should do some reading? Also, I usually use Phoebus, but it didn't seem to be working, so I switched to Spacefox. There WILL be soap, there will be FUN.

Drokles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: November 20, 2014, 06:31:52 pm »

Hehe, just play without any prior knowledge, that should be good. Don't worry, nothing of note happened recently anyway. Don't mind the corpses.

EDIT: I think that a DFMA upload is badly needed. Either that or a screenshot of the whole fortress. Could you do this for us PsychoAngel, or Drazoth?
« Last Edit: November 22, 2014, 12:56:47 am by Drokles »

PsychoAngel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #88 on: November 23, 2014, 08:27:50 am »

Oh, and by the way, this is me:

OVERSEER'S LOG: ENTRY TWO
Drafted some random dudes to MAKE THE FUCKING SOAP. This may take a while, thanks to our little goblin friend. I mean, he's pretty much out of the way, but they might walk in on him anyway. Citizens have no mental properties, I swear. I also ordered more buckets to be made, considering the soap shops are using the last two available. So far, the process has gone on without incident.
I don't see the gobbo anymore. Shit. Oh, someone had the bright idea of leading him into a cage trap. Hooray! Military training targets! Also, it looks like a diplomat has entered the area. Looks like I'll have to find a way to let him in. Oh and by the way, one of our Dralthas forgot their training. Gonna have to do a better job next time.
Oh yeah, the siege isn't a thing anymore. Forgot to mention. Too busy making soap.

So I've made the designation for a new room for myself to be dug out. It's over by the forges in the stockpile hallway. On a side note, our baron wishes for us to make more battle axes. Not without cause, considering we were just under siege. Will do, sir. You watch those stockpiles, now.
Oh but wait. I don't have any furniture for my new room-to-be.
Might as well, right? Right.
Maybe I should do the same for our baron, seeing as how he's practically royalty now. That'll be for later, though.

Oh. Ghosts. Okay. Let's just build a few coffins somewhere... Umm...
That aught to be a good spot for the public tomb. Yeah.

Elves have arrived. Huh. Might as well do some trading if they have anything we may need. Always good to see someone willing to help around here, I suppose.

Our little ghostie friend was put to rest. Good. Now, how are my soap related businesses going?
Oh, of course. Farmer's workshops are crucial to making soap and other things. And of course no one wants to build them.
Why do I have to depend upon you imbeciles?

Welp, that's all the time I have for now. I'll see what I can do later today or tomorrow, though.

PsychoAngel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #89 on: November 25, 2014, 04:34:17 pm »

You guys there? I might do another round and hopefully Finnish my turn.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 144