Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

According to the newest research, what substance is best tasked with reinvorgorating a sleepy thread?

Powdered Sweet Pod
Crushed Mermaid Scale
Elven Bone Marrow
Flaked Adamantine
Ground Unicorn Horn

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 144

Author Topic: The Hastening of Doomforests  (Read 426825 times)

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile
Re: The Fate of Doomforests
« Reply #90 on: November 25, 2014, 05:11:18 pm »

Just take your time, I'm on a Super Smash binge, and spending every single moment of my week proving the limitless loving power of the Jigglipuff is my ultimate priority.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2014, 05:14:07 pm by Taupe »

Drokles

• Bay Watcher
  • Armok hates us unconditionally
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: November 25, 2014, 06:45:17 pm »

I am just waiting patiently for the soap you promised ;)
On the rare occasions where this fort isnt under siege, wood cutting and hauling is our ultimate priority.

PsychoAngel

• Bay Watcher
  • My silliness is our saving grace.
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #92 on: November 25, 2014, 09:56:54 pm »

As soon as dose dang dorfs decide to get their act together, soap will be plentiful.
Unfortunately, however, I've not had the chance to play today. Expect an update tomorrow morning or afternoon. We'll see.
Our forward thinking overseer at the time devised a way in which werebeasts can live in peace with other dwarves by utilizing the mysterious magical properties of soap!

Quote from: PsychoAngel on January 19, 2016
Don't worry. I've got extremely volatile exploding fish.
My friends and I say a lot of fun things to each other.

Salmeuk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: November 27, 2014, 02:04:19 am »

I'll throw up a DFMA upload next time someone uploads a save, unless that person does it.

Sign me up for a second turn, assuming interest persists to that point. I want to revisit these halls . . . personally.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2014, 05:35:30 am by Salmeuk »

PsychoAngel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #94 on: November 27, 2014, 09:42:30 am »

Alrighty, sorry I wasn't able to get a post in yesterday.

OVERSEER'S LOG: ENTRY THREE
Okay, overseeing operations to ensure several things happen.
First is trade with those elves. Next is THE FUCKING SOAP. Then we have my new room.

But what's this? Someone has reported to me that a new birth has taken place!
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Glorious day! Within the next few years we'll have another worker yet!

I told our mayor to get his act together. Everyone else is so busy and he's just standing around in the depot. There are no trade goods in there yet, dude. I told him to go haul some himself if it gives him something to do. Armok damn it all. The moment we have goods in the depot, our mayor is fast asleep. We won't be doing business in bed, you know!

On a side note, StupidElves has given birth! More children! More soap required!

Alright, so now that those shenanigans are taken care of, I officially revoke my hauling duties and permit myself to be known as "Le Grand Soaper."
Hopefully it catches on.

Wait a sec...
Disrespect? How many trees are we cutting down? They're HUGE now, why would we need to cut them down by the hundreds? Unless my predecessors REALLY didn't like elves, I see no reason to have done so. We will get this sorted out eventually, I suppose. For better or worse.

I now take it upon myself to construct the asheries that will be crucial in the soap-making process. Let's do this! Our mayor arrived at the depot, and I trade some excess clothing for various fruits. Our booze will be as diverse as the caves below. Now, on to the soaping! They're also almost done excavating my room, so I order the stone smoothed.
This will be a glorious chamber indeed.
I order my door be put in place as well. No need to wait for that, am I right?

Danger? I know we were "Under Siege" not too long ago, but there's no real danger as far as I'm concerned. Ah well. I can't change the way they think. But hey, more laborers! And maybe someone to HELP ME MAKE THE DAMN SOAP.

Also, I just noticed that some animals are going hungry. They're just standing around INSIDE THE FORT without a pasture. That's gonna have to be fixed. Seriously, there were no other pastures. What were my predecessors thinking? Maybe it was removed due to siege, but whatever. Problem solved.

Oh boy, it's that time again, folks! Glorious craftsdwarfship! Glorious items! Inspired by Armok himself! Can't wait to see what becomes of this fey mood. He claims a craftsdwarf workshop. Awesome. Let's hope it's something absolutely astounding!

I order more smelting done in the process, because we can't have enough metal.
My room is almost finished. In order to get it done quickly, I promote some of our idle friends to the mining profession. Make haste, now!

Our moody one has begun their mysterious construction. Made of...
Not the most impressive materials, but it's all in the presentation! We shall see.

I order a temporary wood furnace be built right next to the wood stockpiles. I can't find the other one. So this'll have to suffice. The process for making the soap is unnecessarily long due to the lack of organization, but it will be done. There WILL be soap.

It's finished! A gauntlet you say? I have no one in mind to wear it yet, however I am curious to see what it looks like.
Huh. It's actually pretty tame as far as artifacts go. Still a beauty, though.

Also, apparently we have magma crabs in our cages. They're kinda cute.

I order more buckets be made, because lye is on the way.
SOAP OPERATIONS ARE GO, LADIES AND GENTLEMEN.
Oh boy, I can't wait for this! No more will injured dwarves be infected due to lack of cleanliness! No more will our dwarves be filthy! No more will we be without a place to put our insane! SOAP HAS ARRIVED!

That's all the time I have for now, folks! What a journey it's been, getting the soap. On a side note, can anyone tell me where the other wood furnace is? Seriously, I can't find it.
Our forward thinking overseer at the time devised a way in which werebeasts can live in peace with other dwarves by utilizing the mysterious magical properties of soap!

Drazoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Conspiracy intensifies
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: November 27, 2014, 01:23:20 pm »

It's in the metal working area.  Top row of workshops, far left. 
Welcome to Doomforests, please, choose a cult of your liking or head to the overseers office to register your own cult. Religious freedom is pride of this fortress!

PsychoAngel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #96 on: November 27, 2014, 04:33:57 pm »

Thanks, will keep that in mind.

Ethan741

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: November 27, 2014, 10:53:15 pm »

Are all the named dwarves dead?

Drokles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: November 28, 2014, 12:44:02 am »

Not only do we have soap now, we've also managed to piss of the elves. PsychoAngel's rule might just be the most productive time yet seen in Doomforests! I can't help but shed a tear.
On the rare occasions where this fort isnt under siege, wood cutting and hauling is our ultimate priority.

PsychoAngel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #99 on: November 28, 2014, 09:00:34 am »

No one has died yet, guys.
Not only most productive, but also least deadly!
WE ARE GOING TO BE CLEAN AND YOU ARE GOING TO LIKE IT.

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: November 28, 2014, 09:09:10 am »

Hopefully, the reason we get so many ferocious beasts is because the average citizen of Doomforests used to stink bad...

Drokles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: December 01, 2014, 07:35:04 am »

Can we have an update soon? ;)

PsychoAngel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #102 on: December 02, 2014, 08:24:32 pm »

Sorry about that, I've been busy with homework/a project for English that's worth the majority of my grade this semester. I might be able to get my next update underway tomorrow, but I might not depending on how long it takes me to get some of the stuff done. We'll see, I suppose, and I'll tell you guys if I can't do it.

Drokles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: December 02, 2014, 08:36:29 pm »

Okay, well I think it's only natural to have some delays while all of you students are having tests.
Don't worry about it, if you have to give up your turn, just post the save here as is. If the next player is able to do a long turn, they can finish it for you, or I will simply do that.
Anyway, good luck with your English test ;) (reminds me I have to do the TOEFL test on Saturday).

PsychoAngel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #104 on: December 02, 2014, 09:51:12 pm »

Not a test, even. Not yet at least. I'm working on making a mask. I also have to do some literary work also relating to my topic of art & culture of Ancient Rome. It's been pretty fun so far, however it's quite time consuming. I'll reserve some time for Doomforests before I resume work on the mask, though, so you don't have to worry about my turn being unfinished.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 144