Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

According to the newest research, what substance is best tasked with reinvorgorating a sleepy thread?

Powdered Sweet Pod
Crushed Mermaid Scale
Elven Bone Marrow
Flaked Adamantine
Ground Unicorn Horn

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 144

Author Topic: The Hastening of Doomforests  (Read 431120 times)

Pencil_Art

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Prime Hero of Doomforests - How Astville Ended
« Reply #225 on: December 23, 2014, 01:09:05 am »

What! Is it over already?

EDIT: Never mind. I wasn't following this too closely, so I thought everybody died.
Spoiler: [i (click to show/hide)

Ha. Ha ha ha. I feel sorry for you.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2014, 01:13:37 am by Pencil_Art »

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: December 23, 2014, 01:12:23 am »

''Holy shit, the beast is dead!''

*Pauses and spends an hour micromanaging the survivors and planning shit*

*Unpauses*

*Sup, I'm a goat from hell*

200 frames. Two hundred friggin frames monster-free.

I don't want to play this game anymore.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2014, 01:16:07 am by Taupe »

Drokles

• Bay Watcher
  • Armok hates us unconditionally
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: December 23, 2014, 01:57:44 am »

Is that the sixth fucking overseer this year?
This fucking place..
On the rare occasions where this fort isnt under siege, wood cutting and hauling is our ultimate priority.

Senshuken

• Bay Watcher
  • Defend till the end.
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: December 23, 2014, 02:03:09 am »

Good lord that snail was evil.

So Senshuken is dead. Admittingly he went out like a badass against an almost unstoppable killing machine but dead none the less.

And now there is a monster goat coming. How about you seal off the bullman was captured in the caverns?
Cause every silver lining has a cloud, and it won't be alright on the night; There's nothing at the end of the rainbow and there's a tunnel at the end of the light!

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: December 23, 2014, 02:18:20 am »

Ok, erhm, time to document the very last moments of this fort, guys. I won't lie, it ain't pretty.

Exactly 8 seconds after the death of Snustrok Deepstandarts the Prime Hero, a new monster appears in the depths, intend on experiencing some jolly good times! Well, I say depths, but it's actually more like in the upper caverns, very close to the staircase. turns out, goats are really good at climbing up things, but this one outclasses by far. this goat is really, really good at escalating stairs. It is so good at doing exactly this one thing, in fact, that for ages to come, mustached fellows enjoying their beer will be talking about the speed at which this goat escalated our staircase.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
So, anyway, this goat shows up, and it wants to play a game called ''Dodge the forgotten beast frozen extract''

Turns out the dwarves are really bad at this game.

Really, really bad at it.

Senor Happy Sunshine starts filling the place with an absurdly long-ranged breath of ice and death. The breath is really, really cold, and yet, it comes with the special super awesome property of causing a debilitating fever. You may notice that I am adressing you directy, instead of using the voice of Sodel. that's because Sodel is dead (spoiler alert). They are pretty much all dead, to be honest. About 70 dwarves lying on the floor, decapitated, then half eaten, then frozen. Then, as I think we've reached rock bottom, the most dreadful thing in the history of Doomforests occurs:

That's right. Just as the fortress drops to 4 survivors, the game pauses mid-breath, to deliver this very important piece of information. No, not our awesome diplomatic relationships with the mountainhomes. If only we could have been more accomodating to our friend the outpost liason, by offering him a prettier room,  banquet, maybe a show? You know what else would have also made the fort more welcoming?

Everyone inside not dying.

Still, it takes some enormous balls to leave a society mid-collapse, turn around, shake a finger disapprovingly at a bunch of frozen bodies and go ''tsskkk tsssk, very disapointed'' before leaving. Douche.

And yet...

And yet the outpost liason just did something important. This misplaced and understated expression of his feelings may, in fact, be the single most important moment in the history of Doomforests. Because it's funny.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2014, 02:20:43 am by Taupe »

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: December 23, 2014, 02:51:56 am »

Yup, the last moment of the fort is also the most anticlimatic.

But the point of dwarf fortress is !FUN!, isn't it?

It's so funny, in fact, that i end up spending 15 minutes staring at the black screen, laughing harder than i have laughed in years. Mind you, i tried very hard not to fail you guys, and in attempting to salvage this fort, i got invested in it. Discovering Astville was the proverbial beacon of hope amidst the darkness. I hoped i could prevent the hunger problem, save the residents... when Ast saw Bomrek, I made up scenarios about how this could all be salvaged. when bomrek died, I believed she could also kill snustrok, and then everyone could go back to living happy ever after, minus one dwarf. when the milicia died, i was like ''If i just seal the cavern, doomforest can prosper.'' When all but eleven died, swimming in dead friends, I had hope of rebuilding.

But it's really hard to be optimistic here. The goat appeared, i couldn't seal it (or do anything at all really, it was so unbelievably fast), and within an instant of triumphing over the giant snail, everyone was knee deep in frozen extract. The fort was done. I watched just to see how far the last dwarf could run, so I could document Doomforest to the very end. Despite the absurd amount of horror and bad luck, it had been a fun ride. Then at the last second, the diplomat leaves, unhappy.

What an unfitting ending.

So i laughed. As i said, probably for 15 minutes straight. And that gave me some time to think. How did he leave? Did we not seal off the main gate?

Yup, there it is. Totally sealed off. Then how did he...

Hum...

I wonder...

I wonder if I can escape and rebuild somewhere else...

I look at our remaining dwarves: Two kids, both of which are feverish and also dehydrated, parentless, and exhuming a perpetual cloud of miasma. Sounds suboptimal. One farmer, suffering from extreme fever, nauseous, missing critical parts. And a doctor, suffering from dizzyness, dehydratation, and nausea. Curiously, both adults are the surviving members of a different squad. The farmer is part of the WWBs, while the doctor is the proud surviving member of The Kinetic Swans. A plan formulates in my head. I send the farmer to the deepest corners of the earth. ''Flee to Astville, if you can still think clearly''. Then I give orders to the doctor. ''go the to northwestern point of the map, outside, in the forest.

The beast cannot pursue both.

In fact, the beast made a critical mistake. In attacking our dwarves so fast after the previous forgotten beast, he made a crucial mistake...

Let's see if you can spot it. found it yet? It's the poisonous blood. The dwarves died way too fast to Snustrok for it to ever matter before. even those who survived the giant snail died instantly to the frozen beast extract, making the whole thing pointless to us. To us, but not to the giant goat from hell who showed up so fast, that it literally stepped over the body of the previous one before it was even cold. The frozen extract produces a fever that renders dwarves dizzy, nauseous, and also kill them a lot.

As for the effect of the cursed blood from snustruk, well...

It's not exactly pleasant either.

The goat chases after the surviving dwarves, when suddenly, it stops. Because it can't find them. because snustrok's blood has temporarily made him blind. the two kids wander aimlessly in the fort, to die at an ulterior date. They cannot be saved. the farmer flees toward Astville, but he is on the wrong side of the fort. He falls to the floor and succumbs to the fever. as for the doctor, well...

The doctor runs toward the entrance, which he finds sealed. He looks around. Out of the two entrance to the tower, one is sealed off, but the other isn't. There is a hole in the wall, which was never patched. the masons suspended work on the tower when i initiated my plan to crumble parts of the building over the minotaur's head... the doctor steps outside, and starts wandering the countryside. he's not doing what I'm telling him to, and starts gathering flowers, even tho that's disabled for him. I ask that he digs above the goats space and attempts to crush the beast underneath tons of dirt, but he has no picks and he doesn't care. All he wants to do is pick up a specific flower.

Once he has his flower, he heads south, back to the fort. Hes dizzy and nauseous, so he ignores orders and does as he pleases, operating on instinct. He ignores the channel designation (again, having no pickaxe anyway) and crosses the frozen brook.

Then, he sneaks trough the backdoor, which is basically a bridge going over the river and into the fort, which must have been activated when I tried to figure out what each lever did. As he does so, he elects himself mayor of Doomforests. I try to imagine what sort of platform he ran. ''Vote for me, I ain't dead!''

At this point, I'm really just checking where exactly the doctor is going, and where he's going to die. Goign back to the fortress isn't smart, with the monster still around. and yet, somehow, hidden by gigantic clouds of miasma and parts of the workshops, he manages to sneak past the supergoat, and crosses the entire fort.

He reaches the brewery. then he eats whatever plant he deemed important to pick up, and wash it down with a bottle of ale. By Armok, his fever is gone. The doctor is alive! Everyone else is dead, or just as so, yet he lives, and somehow used his medical skills to subvert the demonic fever. As he finishes drinking, the game pauses. Holy shit, it's not responding. Did it freeze? i choose to wait for the program to respond, and after 5 minutes of suspence, i am met with this message:

*spring has come on the calendar.*

That's it, guys. The final months of PsychoAngel's turn are now complete. I may now begin my turn proper. Wish me luck, it's gonna be a tough year.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2014, 02:54:38 am by Taupe »

Senshuken

• Bay Watcher
  • Defend till the end.
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: December 23, 2014, 04:17:33 am »

No. Fucking. Way.

In any other situation, I would call this an end. Just have the doctor who survived all the odds at Doomforests walk away with his life and one hell of a story to tell. It's pretty clear that he is demi god material at this point.

As fitting an end of Doomforests as that would be, a part of me has to wonder just how much further it can limp along before it finally drops. There is only one dwarf doctor/mayor left alive, there is a blind supergoat that breaths frozen death that has pretty much taken over Doomforests walking around blindly and now the Mountainhome is mad at us because the liason is a complete and utter dick. But as insane as it sounds, it may still be possible to salvage this.

Hell, all the doctor has to do is wall off his own little area of the fortress with a surplus of food and brew and just wait for the siege to come. Let the goblins and the super goat fight it out.
Cause every silver lining has a cloud, and it won't be alright on the night; There's nothing at the end of the rainbow and there's a tunnel at the end of the light!

PsychoAngel

• Bay Watcher
  • My silliness is our saving grace.
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #232 on: December 23, 2014, 10:35:37 am »

Shiiiiit. As I said earlier, this just keeps getting crazier.

What would've happened if it were still my turn, though? Probably death. Although I single-handedly saved the day once, Taupe is the true hero of Dommforests.

Well done, sir. Well done.
Our forward thinking overseer at the time devised a way in which werebeasts can live in peace with other dwarves by utilizing the mysterious magical properties of soap!

Quote from: PsychoAngel on January 19, 2016
Don't worry. I've got extremely volatile exploding fish.
My friends and I say a lot of fun things to each other.

Senshuken

• Bay Watcher
  • Defend till the end.
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: December 23, 2014, 11:27:30 am »

You mind posting the surviving doctor's information up so we can see who's left?

After everything he has been through, it should prove an interesting read.

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: December 23, 2014, 01:07:14 pm »

I'm working on his diary right now. Here's his character page. His opening quote is... surprisingly accurate.

If you are familiar with the name I gave him, you know what's underway...
« Last Edit: December 23, 2014, 01:13:49 pm by Taupe »

Senshuken

• Bay Watcher
  • Defend till the end.
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: December 23, 2014, 01:31:16 pm »

You are aware that he appears to have the title 'Mad Doctor' in his name, right?

Not sure if that was your doing or the game itself.

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: December 23, 2014, 03:03:49 pm »

Diary of Taupe II, Mad Doctor

Day 1

Today is my first day as mayor of Doomforests. I earned my title very recently, thanks to my fantastic qualifications at both being alive, and also representing 100% of the voters. I used to be a mere doctor, and yesterday I would make the healing of my fellow dwarves a priority. But i am a mayor now, so I must think of the fort's well being first! So nobody is being saved except me for now.

I made a list of my year-long mandate's objective, and which one i shall prioritize. Three of them are crucial. they were the key selling points of my mayoral promise. that's what got me elected, really. I'm not sure I would vote for myself again next year if I failed to fulfill those points. some others are just extras, but not crucial to my continued existence. Let's go over them quickly.

Point A: Sealing off the surrounding area.
Point B: Saving the remaining engraver from his necrosys-inducing fever (Optional)
Point C: Preventing a ghost infestation.
Point D: Kill or seal off the megagoat (optional)
Point E: Make contact with the autumn liason.

Point A is obviously a matter of life and death. Point b is very optional, as time and ressources are playing against me. Point C is kind of vital if I want to live past summer and prevent this place from turning into a gigantic haunted deathhole (As opposed to the regular gigantic deathhole it currently is). Point D is basically extending point a so that the goat is either neutralised, or at least locked from the exterior world. not important for me but, yaknow, kinda nice for the general inhabitants of the earth. Plus there is this whole revenge thing I'd like to get going. We'll see. finally, point E is the main focus of my long-term plans. not sure how I'll achieve that, but come the third season of my mandate, i must be ready to receive both the liason and the merchants, and trade with them. Only then may I enable more migrants to join Doomforests after the last liason dared to leave unhappy. (Shame on the previous mayor, really)

Alright, this meeting with my cabinet went smoothly. Mostly because my cabinet is made of metal and not actual underling bureaucrats. It's an actual piece of furniture is what I'm saying. Look, I'm low on manpower here.

i may need a larger cabinet. Since i can't hire anyone at the time, i decide to instead claim every single nearby office as my own. The dinning hall is now my personal dinning room, and also my office. I claim the luxurious chamber once belonging to Darzoth as my own, because shiny gold, y'all. It is filled with corpses and miasma, tho. So I also claim the northern dormitories as my secondary multi-bed relaxation chambers. I manage to locate the alive-yet-rotting corpse of the engraver, and install him in the other dorm, the one we sealed a werekid in a few months back.

While browsing my new quarters, I meet Smunstu, a goblin bowman who happens to reside in the chamber next to mine, which is a cage inside the shooting range. Smunstu is not the most pleasant fellow, as the lack of shared language, age-long war between our kind and the whole war prisoner things make it difficult to have a fulfilling discussion with my new roommate. Plus i don't think anyone has fed him in weeks. In order to enlarge my cabinet, I decide to bestow upon Smunstu the title of Minster of Agriculture. A harduous task for someone like him, no doubt. Yet, the Ministry of Agriculture can afford a few bad politics. Unlike Astville, who'se fate was sealed in part due to a lack of food, Doomforests has plenty of booze and food stockpiled. In fact, according to my ledgers, I have enough food to sustain myself and the other zero surviving members for approximately longer than my life expectancy.

I inform Smunstu of the new borders of our fort. Until further notice, none in Doomforests may leave the boundaries of the Doctor's Lair without mayoral approbation. Smunstu seems unhappy about the situation (and his life conditions in general) but I'm sure he'll comply. I start discussing some important agricultural matters with him.

''Minister Smunstu, The outside farms represent a threat to our survival. I may have to let them go to waste and seal the corridor leading there. Say nothing comprehensible at all if you think your ministry can accommodate the loss of those farms.
-Glarggg blarghurgh herrf!!!
-Well, it is settled then. I thank you for your time.''

Once Minister Smunstu is done eating the required paperwork, I set myself to the task. Those farms can be accessed by climbing monsters of all kind, and sealing the access shaft is the simplest method. My government has neither the time, nor the resources, to add a second layer to the farming enclave. I grab some boulders lying in the western offices, and spend the rest of the day patching this entrance.

Another entrance leads into the fort for now, tho that won't be my problem once I've sealed myself in. Locking down the military tower is not important to me right now. instead, I'll need to build a wall between me and the monster. This will require a lot of stone, tho.

Thankfully, i am able to locate a dead miner and reallocate the tool to myself. If need be, I may have to dig random walls to grab some stone to complete the work. I'll need a pickaxe to move around and expand anyway.

I don't know how to do mechanics, but I'll have to learn if i want to achieve all my projects. I designate an area where I will eventually build a mechanist's workshop for myself. I'll need some gears. Here's why:

In his last moments, the previous mechanist was ordered to add one cage o the staircase. the minotaur is now stashed there, waiting to be unleashed. My plan is very simple, and also very crazy. I will wire the minotaur to the lever in the baron's room, and also wire the remaining crundles to the crundle lever. there will be a third lever, this one for Smunstu and his two goblin friends locked in the cage room. Once the wiring is done, I will seal the area from my own section of the fort, and pit the minotaur against the Beast. The weakened minotaur will be killed off by the goblins. Once the goblins are victorious over the minotaur, I assume maybe one of them will be alive. that's when I'll unleash the crundle to finish them off. I'll deal with the crundles with a fortification dug into a wall. I still have Sodel bow, and I'm confident I can locate enough bones around to make a friggin quiver of bolts out of them.

Day 2:

I've double-checked my plans, and readjusted them slightly. According to my medical knowledge, the Forgotten Beast i call the Supergoat is no longer blind. I cannot risk to go near it to complete the long process of cage-hauling and wiring. it's just not safe. Instead i will focus on completing a full wall between me and it as fast as possible. Time to locate an easy source of stone. It pains me to say, but the only stockpile I have access to right now is a leather stockpile.

My first fever-induced plan to slay the Megagoat was to channel above it. I spent some time checking the easiest path to build above it nd unleash earth-shaped hell on its head. Then I realised that any accident or poorly timed cloud dodging would fuck me up. If I channel the ceilings and get caugh in a cloud, i could get knocked out or killed, which would mean the end of Doomforests. I cannot take this chance. This is why I've engineered the megabattle project.

It seems that by spending so much time thinking of going above the beast, I forgot the idea of going underneath it.

The staircase I'm used to leads to the caverns, but i just remembered that there is another basement access. It leads to a giant stone stockpile. If i can mine into it then seal the entrance, All m stone needs will be met, both for the walling offs, the mechanisms, and the ghost slabs.

The forges underneath the main halls also connect to the graveyard, and the hospital, which connect to the emergency water channel. If I can get there in time, I can save the engraver! (which I've named Minister of Health). Bad news, tho, the water won't be flowing there for a season. No water for you, Minister Engraver-Guy.

Day 3

Ok, change of plans. After much deliberation, I decided not to dig for the stone stockpile, mostly because the original staircase leading there is very, VERY close to the Supergoat. If I go there, I'll probably be spotted or scented, and die. Instead I need a new source of stone. here's my backup plan:

An easy source of boulders would be to dismantle the extra workshops in the farming cavern. somhow I doubt I could, or would have the need to, operate multiple farmer's workshops at the same time. there is a corpse lying there, tho, and deconstructing workshops is as lenghty as simply mining for more boulders, without the benefit of expanding my lair.

No, i need to plan this thoroughly. I cannot waste my labor. time is of the essence.

Day 4:

Whomever designed this place sure like useless corridors. The southwestern section of the fort consists of long-ass corridors leading to nowhere, 3 offices, and then another giant corridor. I guess this was initially a mineshaft. I have no idea why people decide to expand at the end of it instead of, I dunno, nearby or on another floor.

That being said, the absurdly terrible urban planning skills of past Overseers is providing me with a relatively safe area to dig into. I could connect the cage room/kennels to this section of the fort by a short tunnel, then use the stones around to block the southmost part of the corridor. This should give me access to some nice offices and furniture, and a place to expand and put up workshops. I desperately need some room that's devoid of countless corpses and endless clouds of miasma. According to the uncompleted hauling jobs report, there should be close to 30 boulders lying there. Enough for the wall, as well as a good amount of tombstones. From there, I can probably dig a new tunnel into the cavern staircase, seal it off from the fort and the caverns proper, and do my wiring of the cages undisturbed.

I have some crazy plans for water too, but they are risky. If I ever need a well, say to save minister Engraver-Guy, I could dig a new shaft into Astville, seal the initial staircase and the door to the caverns, and wall off the magma forge perimeter to prevent flyers from entering. That would leave us vulnerable to magma monsters tho, which is a risk I'm not gonna take for now. Still, If I secure the fort and attract newcomers, I could send them there and lodge them in Astville, and a magma forge is always a nice adition to any lair, especially without access to wood. But that's for later.

For now, I have some stone to acquire. Wish me luck, well-crafted gold cabinet!
« Last Edit: December 24, 2014, 03:53:29 pm by Taupe »

Pencil_Art

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: December 23, 2014, 05:49:54 pm »

This story has taken an unexpected turn. A mad doctor and his gibbering assistant.

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: December 23, 2014, 07:35:39 pm »

Day 5

Today, I begin work on the southern project.

I used to be a good miner back in the days, but I'm very rusty at the moment. Let's hope I remember my picking and my digging well...

As I begin to dig, i hear a terrible scream being me, and almost die from terror. I turn around. huh, it's just a rat in a cage. Phew. I wonder how many animals survived. Better take a look at the ledgers.

Day 6

I located two pets living in the farms. I consider naming the Guinea hen into my cabinet, but realise it is already owned I wish not to have conflicts of interest among my employees, so the bird will remain jobless for now.

Employing a goat is, obviously, out of the question.

The ledgers mention a giant olm living in the fort. He is on the brink of turning wild. I have no idea what a giant olm actually is. Better consult the manuals...

Holy crap, that shit looks dangerous as fuck. it's also caged. I will have to wire it once I begin the megabattle project, inbetween the goblins and the minotaur.

Day 8:

I have located some buckets of water. with luck, I may be able to save Engraver-Guy. I am going to spend the rest of the day performing surgery. It seems that one of my patients, a baby, is recovering from his fever. He may yet live and grow up to become a resident of Doomforets.

I don't want babies running around and disturbing Supergoat. Doomforests is a very tense fortress, and people must learn to handle responsibilities at a young age. I have no idea what this baby's name is, so I'm just going to name him Baby Minister. I bestow upon him the title of Minister of Babies, and explains that his reponsibilities are mostly to prevent babies from doing stupid shit. Good job, Baby Minister.

Day 9:

I'm tired of miasma everywhere. I wish Baby Minister was old enough to haul corpses around. In the meantime, I will connect the dinning room to the cage room using my mining skills, so that I don't have to use the main hall every time I want to get a drink.

Once this is done, It's time to seal the southern corridor properly, which i couldn't complete...

Day 11:

i have a feeling that the elves are somewhere around. I don't have time to deal with them. I consider giving the guinea hen a temporary trader job, but then i remember how annoying elves are. It's not like I could ever reach them if I wanted to. Which i don't. they can remain outside. In the meantime, i will observe their movement from a small crack in the farm's wall, to learn more of their behavior. understanding merchant pathing will be crucial to welcome the mountainhomes merchant in autumn.

The elves just stay there and do nothing. I wish they would rush inside somehow and murder Supergoat, or at least injure it some more. Unfortunately, the only paths I could open for them would probably just lead the beast to my new residence, which is a big no-no.

I've spent the last two days carrying stones around, but boulders are horribly heavy for my old back. I will have to build blocks instead. The dinning hall where i wanted the mason workshop is still filling up with miasma, so I'll look for another place to dump the workshops.

Oh, plus there's a ghostly wrestler living there now, so there's also that.

Day 15:

Found a decent place for the workshops. It's small, but I don't need more than one of each, being the ony one around. I've also moved my dinning hall and chambers to the living quarters nearby.

Day 21:

The second baby infected by a fever is still doing badly, but he is slowly growing. Baby minister seems rather happy to know that his task has been halved. Lazy ass. You are lucky to be the only conscious dwarf in this fortress, otherwise you wouldn't even BE on this cabinet!

Wait, I hear a commotion! Dwarves are walking in! Migrants! Are they insane? Quick, i must tell them where to go, and designate burrows for them before they...

Stay outside, stay outside! I conscribe a few of them using my possibly existing mental powers and tell them not to go inside. the non-fighting dwarves are to stay downhill and chill. I'll just dig a little hole and let them in from the south.

The migrants won't listen to my absolutely inaudible voice, and instead find the southern entrance, built by the second overseer. I still haven't got to reach the lever controlling it, and they all rush inside, oblivious to the monster lurking ahead. I can hear the muffled sound of their voice, as they discuss the fate of this fortress, and start to get creeped out. Some want to loot the place and flee. Others want to find out what happened. The river is still frozen, so they may suspect goblins, and overlook the coat of ice over everything.

They turn the corner, and Supergoat jumps around, murdering whatever it can. I am afraid to leave my room. I send Baby Minister, and tell him to use his tiny size to sneak around and guide the survivors. the braver dwarves are engaging the monster to save/avenge their loved ones.

Baby Minister returns with a farmer, pale and terrorized. I throw a set of sculpting tools at him as a welcome.

''Welcome to Doomforests. You're a stonecarver now. See this ghost? Make sure he's gone within the week. you can have any room you find that doesn't have a corpse.''

Baby Minister returns to the bloodied halls, and soon more dwarves rush into the hiding place I carved for myself. Doomforests is back into business.

« Last Edit: December 23, 2014, 07:38:15 pm by Taupe »

maxcat61

• Bay Watcher
  • SuperMinion
    • View Profile
Re: The Supergoat in Doomforests - There was just one dwarf left, but...
« Reply #239 on: December 23, 2014, 09:59:00 pm »

Look on the bright side: You will not have to worry about running out of food, and your population just doubled. There is only one thing that could cause more fun then what you have right now. That's right, you better pray that a necromancer doesn't come for a visit, or else you would have a very, very fun time.

* If a necromancer does come, remember that I called it.
You can't make an omelette without melting a few dwarves...
The purple overseer hat weights heavily on one's head. Some would argue that the leadership of Doomforest is uneasy to bear for too long. Others would simply suggest that we don't craft the next overseer hat out of rutile.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 144