Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

According to the newest research, what substance is best tasked with reinvorgorating a sleepy thread?

Powdered Sweet Pod
Crushed Mermaid Scale
Elven Bone Marrow
Flaked Adamantine
Ground Unicorn Horn

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 144

Author Topic: The Hastening of Doomforests  (Read 426963 times)

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile
Re: The Megabattle in Doomforests - To be Engraved on a Stone Wall Near You!
« Reply #300 on: December 29, 2014, 08:30:12 pm »

Yeah, hum, I'll be here for when the numerous ''WHAT THE FUCK!?!'' start rolling in.

BTW: the levers in the golden cursed room were used for the megabattle, and do nothing.

mate888

• Bay Watcher
  • [CRAZED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: December 29, 2014, 08:34:20 pm »

The game just has done downloading.
My body is ready.
Also, how do I put the save into the game?
« Last Edit: December 29, 2014, 08:36:26 pm by mate888 »
My second turn's unnoficial goal was to turn everyone into vampires, and it backfired so bad, I ended up making the fort a more efficient, safer and friendlier place.
Apparently they evolved a taste for everything I love and care about

Drokles

• Bay Watcher
  • Armok hates us unconditionally
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: December 29, 2014, 08:40:51 pm »

Wow, congratulations Drokles!  Good luck setting up your new RL fortress  :)
Thanks! already mate888 nailed it for me, hehe.
OH FUCK OH FUCK OH FUCK IS TIME
Okay, wish me luck guys. If the fort survives my noobness, then I'll be the happiest bastard in the world.
nah,we'll be fine ;)
On the rare occasions where this fort isnt under siege, wood cutting and hauling is our ultimate priority.

mate888

• Bay Watcher
  • [CRAZED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: December 29, 2014, 08:45:50 pm »

Wow, congratulations Drokles!  Good luck setting up your new RL fortress  :)
Thanks! already mate888 nailed it for me, hehe.
OH FUCK OH FUCK OH FUCK IS TIME
Okay, wish me luck guys. If the fort survives my noobness, then I'll be the happiest bastard in the world.
nah,we'll be fine ;)
Just to exemplify my noobness... Where do I put the save? As I just downloaded the LNP (I was playing with Masterwork DF before that) I don't have any saves folder. Do I make a new one and put the region in there?
And also, how do I look at the date in game?
My second turn's unnoficial goal was to turn everyone into vampires, and it backfired so bad, I ended up making the fort a more efficient, safer and friendlier place.

Pencil_Art

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: December 29, 2014, 08:54:07 pm »

Saves folder will not be there until you generate a world. Just gen like a 5 year world, then the saves folder will be automatically created.

mate888

• Bay Watcher
  • [CRAZED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: December 29, 2014, 08:57:42 pm »

Done. The five year world accidentally turned to be a 84 year old world but what evs. Here we go.
In the name of the father, the son and the Holy Ghost.
Let's see how is this going.

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: December 29, 2014, 08:58:02 pm »

or, simply, create a folder named ''save'' under the ''data'' folder, and unpack the region there. It should be called ''region 3''

SkaiaMechanic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: December 29, 2014, 10:20:20 pm »

After your mind shorts after seeing the fort, catch up with the story. It's been exciting, and Taupe gave tips to the next overseer a few pages back
I'm running out of dogs. I'm running out of bolts.
I'm running out of dwarves.

mate888

• Bay Watcher
  • [CRAZED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: December 29, 2014, 10:44:47 pm »

After your mind shorts after seeing the fort, catch up with the story. It's been exciting, and Taupe gave tips to the next overseer a few pages back
The reason of why it took so long for me to take over is because I was reading. This is worthy of the hall of legends, at par with Boatmurdered and Headshoots.

Journal of Mate, the 888th, Overseer of Doomforests
When me and my crew of explorers were going to the we tought ruined, abandoned and extremely scary fort of Doomforests, we had a chance to stop in a human city and return to the Mountainhomes. If it wasn't for the fact that humans have a considerable case of wereantelopeness, I would be still regretting not taking the chance.
I must admit, I came to the fort with the sole purpouse of looting it and maybe figuring out what happened, as the diplomat that returned to the Town of Stroking only said that "this rude savages all died and never attended me! How disappointing!".
When the Supergoat trapped us with the mad doctor, I actually felt bad for him and decided to stay. I do not regret my choices, as this is better than suffering the harsh treatments of the King's men.
Now, I'm the overseer of Doomforests, as well as a miner, and that includes all responsabilities that can be resumed in "make sure the fort lasts another year" thing.
((OOC: I don't know hot to look at the dates ingame, so it'll be hard to detect future bloodmoons.))
Now, I have to take a look at the fort to see how it's organized and...
I'm gonna have a heart attack.
WHERE IS EVERYTHIN?! I can't find a trade depot that's not blocked, nor the workshops and the only thing to notice is Mr. Smuntsu eating the rotten body of our former mayor!
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Also, to make things more confusing, I am in the middle of a bunch of rooms that I have no idea why were they excavated for!

Okay, I've calmed down and I found everything I said I couldn't find.
I'm still confused on why is there a half built basalt wall next to the trade depot that is "suspended" but I'll ask Mr. Taupe II about that.
Well, the fort seems doing decently now, the vampire lord, Ushrir is minding his own buisness, eating dead trolls and such, the farms are going well, and we have a nice masterwork dood made by Superminion. Who, if I recall correctly, is my superminion now! Nice!
Okay, I'll let the engravers finish engraving the newly built bedrooms (those rooms I didn't knew why were they there) and then put the beds up.
Then, I'll start making long-term plans for what to do next.
((OOC: If you were so nice as to ask me to do something, it would be good))
Hm, we're running low on wood, and there's no way I'll be opening up the caverns... For now. I'll see what to do.
---------------------------------------------
An elvish caravan arrived while I made some boring micromanaging.
Oh, nevermind, the idiot is not moving. Come on! How hard is it for an elf to move trought a fucking forest? Especially because you are a lone merchant with a cow! Not too hard to get trough the trees?
Let me see, it's 11th of Granite, so the treehugger has plenty of time to show us if he's a monster or just a cannibalistic zealot like normal elves.
Well, that'll do for now. May Armok have mercy on our souls if we let a deer-elf inside our walls.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2015, 12:35:20 pm by mate888 »

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: December 29, 2014, 10:47:00 pm »

Date: Press z to see the overview, it should be at the top right. if you are running the lnp or DFhack, it will also appear above the menu even while playing

Half-built basalt block: this ensures that one of the closest basalt block is reserved to build this wall. in an emergency, unsuspend to lock the fort away from the depot and potential werebeasts. Unleash the depot by tearing apart the wall after a full moon.

If you want to get wood but keep the caverns locked, you could excavate a high enough cavern area and flood it lightly with water to make it muddy. I think that wiuld work. you can achieve that by designating it as a ''pond'' and having a few buckets available. Actually, you could dig one more level or two to the area north of the farms, then muddy it slightly. Magic dust will happen, and then trees. Well in theory. I was working on this, then gave up when i hit basalt, since at the time i had no water access. Now with the well connected, you could turn the place into a adequate tree farm. The miners are done with the super-rooms anyway and will get bored and idle unless you give them a job.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2014, 10:58:26 pm by Taupe »

mate888

• Bay Watcher
  • [CRAZED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: December 29, 2014, 10:50:40 pm »

Date: Press z to see the overview, it should be at the top right. if you are running the lnp or DFhack, it will also appear above the menu even while playing

Half-built basalt block: this ensures that one of the closest basalt block is reserved to build this wall. in an emergency, unsuspend to lock the fort away from the depot and potential werebeasts. unleas the depot by tearing apart the wall after a full moon.
Ok, thanks. Now I'll go to sleep, I'll continue tomorrow.

Salmeuk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: December 29, 2014, 10:58:56 pm »

I just got married by the way, and I'm moving to another continent, so I will be mostlyinactive the next few days. Wish me luck!

Oh shit! IRL strikes again. . . congrats on the wife-taking. How many cows?

In regards to the fortress, I've solved my tileset issue and will begin my turn. I really don't know what awaits when I start playing, but I look forward to it with apprehension.

here's the DFMA and my best attempts at describing the gore-littered fortress halls (note that the map compressor nearly froze up in horror when exposed to the piles upon piles of stinking corpses):
http://mkv25.net/dfma/poi-32343-astvillethemiracle

Aaaaaand as I was writing this reply Mate888 appeared and that's A-OK. I just hope the fortress survives.

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: December 29, 2014, 11:06:43 pm »

Well, at least you got to upload the map, and familiarize yourself with the map. I don't think that's ever a bad thing with this mess of a place.

and yeah, congrats drokles! Where are you moving to?

mate888

• Bay Watcher
  • [CRAZED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: December 29, 2014, 11:09:48 pm »

Well, at least you got to upload the map, and familiarize yourself with the map. I don't think that's ever a bad thing with this mess of a place.

and yeah, congrats drokles! Where are you moving to?
Yeah, it's not that bad.
I just got married by the way, and I'm moving to another continent, so I will be mostlyinactive the next few days. Wish me luck!

Oh shit! IRL strikes again. . . congrats on the wife-taking. How many cows?

In regards to the fortress, I've solved my tileset issue and will begin my turn. I really don't know what awaits when I start playing, but I look forward to it with apprehension.

here's the DFMA and my best attempts at describing the gore-littered fortress halls (note that the map compressor nearly froze up in horror when exposed to the piles upon piles of stinking corpses):
http://mkv25.net/dfma/poi-32343-astvillethemiracle

Aaaaaand as I was writing this reply Mate888 appeared and that's A-OK. I just hope the fortress survives.
I'll do my best.
And also, congratulations, Mr. Drokles!

mate888

• Bay Watcher
  • [CRAZED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: December 29, 2014, 11:44:24 pm »

Hm, I may use Smuntsu's office as a cheap way of disposing annoyances.
And I could also try to find a way to put his little goblin friend down there too.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 144