Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

According to the newest research, what substance is best tasked with reinvorgorating a sleepy thread?

Powdered Sweet Pod
Crushed Mermaid Scale
Elven Bone Marrow
Flaked Adamantine
Ground Unicorn Horn

Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 144

Author Topic: The Hastening of Doomforests  (Read 426759 times)

TechnoXan

• Bay Watcher
  • Crundles + Kobolds = AWESOME!!
    • View Profile
Re: The fate of Doomforests - Where Anything Fights Anything
« Reply #570 on: February 05, 2015, 08:15:01 pm »

Oh snap! Bax sounds positively horrifying!!😱

Oh and fine, Pyro, your totally #1. 😄😄
« Last Edit: February 11, 2015, 07:10:57 pm by TechnoXan »
By the by, if your wondering why I use so many smiley faces, its because I smile a lot when I talk. So I use them here so I don't come off the wrong way.

And so it begins...
OPEN THE GATES!

SkaiaMechanic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #571 on: February 05, 2015, 09:05:19 pm »

A giant ball of flying fire. What's the worst that could happen? Sounds like !!FUN!! to me!
I'm running out of dogs. I'm running out of bolts.
I'm running out of dwarves.

maxcat61

• Bay Watcher
  • SuperMinion
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: February 05, 2015, 09:28:36 pm »

You know, sometimes I wonder why I do things. Then I see other things. Now I understand.

Bah, too vague.

I had decided that I wanted my water supply to come from the waterfall (Which is frozen 3/4 seasons) when I began my turn, late in the evening. The past 2 seasons, I had been wondering what I had been thinking. Then I see that horrifying forgotten beast, and decide that the idea wasn't so bad. To sum up my issues with water in this fort in a MTG card:

A lot of named dwarfs died this turn. I will make a list of them tomorrow, and then re-dworf as many as possibly. Good news, though. There is no Mate the 900th yet.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2015, 10:43:27 pm by maxcat61 »
You can't make an omelette without melting a few dwarves...
The purple overseer hat weights heavily on one's head. Some would argue that the leadership of Doomforest is uneasy to bear for too long. Others would simply suggest that we don't craft the next overseer hat out of rutile.

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: February 05, 2015, 11:07:40 pm »

You mean, people even more important than BABY MINISTER died?

And yeah, loled at that card. I believe there exists a MTG quote for any possible situation.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2015, 11:09:15 pm by Taupe »

SkaiaMechanic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: February 05, 2015, 11:33:11 pm »

If I died, make me the next in line for broker, if they aren't named already.
I'm running out of dogs. I'm running out of bolts.
I'm running out of dwarves.

maxcat61

• Bay Watcher
  • SuperMinion
    • View Profile
« Reply #575 on: February 06, 2015, 05:24:15 pm »

The dead:
Baby Minister
Salmeux III
Senshuken II
Along with some nameless peons. Just think: there is a season left to go.

I have decided that, with the absence of trees, all new barrels will be made from lead.

Granite 1
A dwarf claimed a clothers shop for a project. Needed leather, but we had none.

Granite 7
Dwarf just went mad. Started streaking.

Granite 10
The streaker just got stuck on a bridge just before it retracted for "maintenance". He fell into the magma, and died to give me this knowledge:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Granite 15
The elven merchants have arrived. I sold junky clothing for food and new clothing.

Slate 1st.
Guess who was in the water tunnel when the river randomly melted, and then fell 19z under a waterfall that was pushing boulders?
« Last Edit: February 06, 2015, 08:32:08 pm by maxcat61 »
The purple overseer hat weights heavily on one's head. Some would argue that the leadership of Doomforest is uneasy to bear for too long. Others would simply suggest that we don't craft the next overseer hat out of rutile.

PyroTechno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: February 06, 2015, 05:27:39 pm »

I have decided that, with the absence of trees, all new barrels will be made from lead.

I once tried lead wheelbarrows because I had no idea what else to use all the lead I was building up on. I had no idea that DF tracked item weight and factored it in to hauling speed. I should have, of course, because DF tracks EVERYTHING.

maxcat61

• Bay Watcher
  • SuperMinion
    • View Profile
Re: The fate of Doomforests -The Death of Babyminister
« Reply #577 on: February 06, 2015, 08:34:18 pm »

Migrants have finally arrived. I was checking them out, and found this.

Hello, Vamp.

PyroTechno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: February 06, 2015, 08:36:44 pm »

Hello, Vamp.

That's the equivalent of walking right up to the Overseer and saying, "I'm a vampire, go fuck yourself."

maxcat61

• Bay Watcher
  • SuperMinion
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: February 06, 2015, 08:40:25 pm »

Hello, Vamp.

That's the equivalent of walking right up to the Overseer and saying, "I'm a vampire, go fuck yourself."

He also has a masterwork Silver battle axe. The funny thing is, his profession is "Beekeeper".

maxcat61

• Bay Watcher
  • SuperMinion
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: February 06, 2015, 08:48:39 pm »

Why do these things keep happening?

maxcat61

• Bay Watcher
  • SuperMinion
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: February 06, 2015, 09:01:23 pm »

Drazoth II, you are dead. You were crushed in a waterfall related death. No one was there to save you. All Hail Drazoth III.

Ok, The world hates me. That is the 2nd Were-beast (Excluding the 3 that were turned), and 4th Monster that had arrived this year.

I have had enough of cowering from all these abominations. ATTACK!!!

Looks like the militia was too late, again. 1 death, 1 wounding (infection), and the beast transformed into a human and is in a cage trap.

My year is now over. The well is full, the miltia is waiting for the dwarf to transform, and there is art everywhere. Have fun.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2015, 09:31:26 pm by maxcat61 »

maxcat61

• Bay Watcher
  • SuperMinion
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: February 06, 2015, 09:34:07 pm »

Here is the save: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=10556

Here is the fort:
« Last Edit: February 06, 2015, 10:02:45 pm by maxcat61 »

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: February 06, 2015, 10:36:19 pm »

The new fort is as cursed as the old ones. Many important dwarves died this year, despite the promise of Fath that this new fort would be better. I say we go back, to the old fort!

maxcat61

• Bay Watcher
  • SuperMinion
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: February 07, 2015, 12:33:25 am »

Personally, I like the new fort. My only advice would be to build a building on the surface, and have a squad of militia dwarves stationed/training there all year long. Many deaths could have been avoided if the militia was faster at fighting were-beasts. Just have 3-4 badasses up there, and have the wimps train in the underfort.

Also, I have dug a tunnel to the metal stockpiles of the upper fort. I sealed it off from the rest of the upper fort, so the stockpiles of bars (+100 iron) should be there. I would recommend steel production. There is also a vein of Hematite somewhere around my digging projects (Maybe off the pit trap) that you can mine. I also started digging to the Adamantium. The tunnel starts north of the Heart. Lastly, remember to recruit more dwarves for the militia: a 2nd melee squad would probably be the best idea.
Also remember the Sentient Ball of Magma/Fire/Armoks Wrath in the Caverns: It may or may not be dukeing it out with an eyeless shrew. Just don't go in there unless you have a Deathmachine or a Suicide Squad (or weaponized werebeasts),

PS: Take a good look at where the water for the wells is coming from. Tell me when you get it.

Edit: Can you put me on the list again?
« Last Edit: February 07, 2015, 10:13:08 am by maxcat61 »
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 144