Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

According to the newest research, what substance is best tasked with reinvorgorating a sleepy thread?

Powdered Sweet Pod
Crushed Mermaid Scale
Elven Bone Marrow
Flaked Adamantine
Ground Unicorn Horn

Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 144

Author Topic: The Hastening of Doomforests  (Read 426835 times)

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile
Re: The fate of Doomforests -The Death of Babyminister
« Reply #585 on: February 07, 2015, 12:41:07 am »

With my minion and my minister dead, I can now only rely on Smunstu. Being the doctor's underling is a dangerous job.

Drokles

• Bay Watcher
  • Armok hates us unconditionally
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: February 07, 2015, 04:08:36 am »

As much as I'd like to keep participating in this awesome epic, I don't think I can realistically take my turn now. Though I would appreciate it, Salmeuk, if you had let me cross out my name on the list on my own, or asked.;)
I'll just lurk around here and read once in a while. Doomforests is yours, have fun!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Why do these things keep happening?
This has become somewhat a banality in Doomforests.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2015, 04:10:46 am by Drokles »
On the rare occasions where this fort isnt under siege, wood cutting and hauling is our ultimate priority.

TechnoXan

• Bay Watcher
  • Crundles + Kobolds = AWESOME!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: February 07, 2015, 08:50:58 am »

Woah! How....how.....so many were beasts! My latest forts milita was crushed by a couple of iron clad crossbow ferric elves! How do you do it? I know I am doing something wrong when my copper (it was still kinda young) clad warrior with a spear and shield is dismembered by a giant bob cat!! A big cat, not even the cool kind like panthers!😝
By the by, if your wondering why I use so many smiley faces, its because I smile a lot when I talk. So I use them here so I don't come off the wrong way.

And so it begins...
OPEN THE GATES!

PyroTechno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: February 07, 2015, 11:34:30 am »

I know I am doing something wrong when my copper (it was still kinda young) clad warrior with a spear and shield is dismembered by a giant bob cat!!

I see you don't read XKCD.

Drazoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Conspiracy intensifies
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: February 07, 2015, 12:00:12 pm »

Drazoth II, you are dead. You were crushed in a waterfall related death. No one was there to save you. All Hail Drazoth III.

Armok damn it.  Oh well, lets see if Drazoth III survives till my turn.  Also, after catching up and readung everybody else's turns, I've been feeling a little disappointed with mine.  Would any body mind if I were to edit those posts and try to make them less rubbish?
Welcome to Doomforests, please, choose a cult of your liking or head to the overseers office to register your own cult. Religious freedom is pride of this fortress!

Senshuken

• Bay Watcher
  • Defend till the end.
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: February 07, 2015, 12:08:21 pm »

It would seem that there needs to be a Senshuken the third now. Forgotten Beasts don't seem to be healthy to that line of dwarfs.
Cause every silver lining has a cloud, and it won't be alright on the night; There's nothing at the end of the rainbow and there's a tunnel at the end of the light!

TechnoXan

• Bay Watcher
  • Crundles + Kobolds = AWESOME!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: February 07, 2015, 01:09:32 pm »

I know I am doing something wrong when my copper (it was still kinda young) clad warrior with a spear and shield is dismembered by a giant bob cat!!

What's XKCD? Is it something to help my flegling milita? 😃
By the by, if your wondering why I use so many smiley faces, its because I smile a lot when I talk. So I use them here so I don't come off the wrong way.

And so it begins...
OPEN THE GATES!

Drokles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: February 07, 2015, 01:26:20 pm »

(ignore)
On the rare occasions where this fort isnt under siege, wood cutting and hauling is our ultimate priority.

Salmeuk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: February 07, 2015, 01:27:27 pm »

As much as I'd like to keep participating in this awesome epic, I don't think I can realistically take my turn now. Though I would appreciate it, Salmeuk, if you had let me cross out my name on the list on my own, or asked.;)
I'll just lurk around here and read once in a while. Doomforests is yours, have fun!

My apologies, I just assumed you would be a fairly infrequent visitor and wanted to move the turns along, and since you had been pressed for time I also assumed you wouldn't be taking your turn.

I've PM'd Skaia.

Drokles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: February 07, 2015, 02:01:33 pm »

No worries ;).
In other news it is finally happening:
Nominees
Updated 02-05-2015

February

Doomforests - 5 votes
Not that we should care too much, but I believe it takes 6 votes to make it.

PyroTechno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: February 07, 2015, 03:54:31 pm »

What's XKCD? Is it something to help my flegling milita? 😃

http://xkcd.com/325/

No worries ;).
In other news it is finally happening:
Nominees
Updated 02-05-2015

February

Doomforests - 5 votes
Not that we should care too much, but I believe it takes 6 votes to make it.

How do you vote? Do you just post "+1 to Doomforests" in the Hall of Legends thread?

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: February 07, 2015, 04:11:06 pm »

Went ahead and made my first contributions vote-wise for Vanod and you folks, btw.

PyroTechno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: February 07, 2015, 04:36:28 pm »

Went ahead and made my first contributions vote-wise for Vanod and you folks, btw.

That means Doomforests is in, right?

I'm going to (eventually) participate in a fortress in the Hall of Legends?

Heh. Heh heh. Ha. Ha ha ha. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

SkaiaMechanic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: February 07, 2015, 04:41:39 pm »

...I had weeks of reduced work hours since I signed up. Plenty of opportunities to play. And now that after several months and it's FINALLY MY TURN, I get a packed schedule. I will make this work though. I'll try to get something up this afternoon.

Edit: It's taking me a while to even start. Just getting a mind over the place and what's happening is taking a while, since I can't read Matrix like the past couple overseers.

Edit2: Go ahead and edit your posts Drazoth. If we're going into the Hall of Legends we may as well look like it.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2015, 07:26:32 pm by SkaiaMechanic »
I'm running out of dogs. I'm running out of bolts.
I'm running out of dwarves.

SkaiaMechanic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: February 07, 2015, 07:24:03 pm »

Journal of SkaiaMechanic

I knew Doomforests. Its odd, inefficient design. Its tiny stairways to forever. I knew Astville, and I came to know the history of all the places in it. I remember Doomforests, and I remember my respect for it. But most importantly...

I REMEMBER WHEN I HAD A BLOODY OFFICE! Doomforests, the one place in the world where being the broker was a RESPECTED position, not just something to assign the closest dwarf that talked the most, like in most fortresses. "What do you even do there?" they ask. "I WORK," I reply.

Well we'll have to fix that, because WHO'S LAUGHING NOW? Finally, after years of attempts, deals, favors, brown nosing, and begging, I am now Overseer. Maxcat I is dead, and not even by my own hands. There was an opportunity for the Purple Rutile Hat, and I took it.

And now I have been handed the keys to hell.

The year is 1059. And the Curse of Doomforests has returned. It had subsided with the death of all inhabitants (all but one, of course), but now it is back and dwarves are dying. We have reawakened the horde of beasts in the depths. The wereantelopes are rampaging towards us. I need to take advantage of the time I have.

First thing is first, take a survey of the area. I'm still unfamiliar with the new design and the new architecture created in the past few years. I found a map, but it was scribblings to me. Shorthand only works if you know what the symbols stand for!

Actually, scratch that. I see a report of a recent werebeast attack, including some infected. I need to find out who they are and secure them in the depths. Perhaps they'd have better luck fighting the Forgotten than Ast did. Huh, speaking of which, it's a curse of wereantelope, same as before. The more things change, the more they stay the same.

So a Trapper was bitten but not killed. The reports don't indicate which Trapper, but I'm going to take a random guess and choose the one stuck in the hospital with a broken foot. The fact that what's left of our “military” is stationed around them gives a good hint as well. Quickly, what's today's date? 15th of Felsite. And what were those dates that werebeasts change? Taupe drilled this into me, but it was a few years ago. There was the 25th of Granite, the 23rd of Slate, and the...21st of Felsite. There are six days before they turn, and they're stuck in bed. Is there time to build a wall? It doesn't help that someone threw another ill patient on the table alongside them. It also doesn't sit well with me that my cousin in The Kinetic Swans, Iamblichos the II, is one of those stationed to attack.

Which reminds me, the knowledge has gone around about all the deaths, but there isn't that much information regarding them. Is someone trying to hide something?

I look at the connections to parts of the old fortress. It seems the route to Astville is blocked by one uncarved stone. Astville is completely sealed up from everything else, so we'll be opening that up right away. It will also give us easier access to Old Doomforests' metal and ore supply. That'll also give access to Mate888's jail cells (Even though we have a more convenient one now) and statue garden, so that should make our Hammerer pleased.  Wait...speaking of Old Doomforests......DID SOMEONE GET LEFT BEHIND????

Seriously, alone with her child? That's cruel. Now...how to get them out without having everyone else rush into Doomforests to retrieve some old items. Yes, I love the place, but there was a reason for the move, and I don't want to undo all the effort put into this. I'll have to think on that. Bonus task: Retrieve all the golden items in the control room and Smunstu's office in Neo Old Doomforests, which Taupe carved out.

Also, thank you Maxcat, for pointing out the vampire before you died. I'll thank your predecessor. That's very helpful. I plan on using him against the Forgotten in the caverns, so that should be fun.

I also hope a caravan brings a cat soon. I'm not even joking we have a huge Cave Spider Infestation. I don't care HOW much that silk is worth, people are getting tangled up in webbing trying to get to bed and everyone's tired of it.

6 Days.

What did I get myself into.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2015, 07:40:37 pm by SkaiaMechanic »
I'm running out of dogs. I'm running out of bolts.
I'm running out of dwarves.
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 144