Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

According to the newest research, what substance is best tasked with reinvorgorating a sleepy thread?

Powdered Sweet Pod
Crushed Mermaid Scale
Elven Bone Marrow
Flaked Adamantine
Ground Unicorn Horn

Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 144

Author Topic: The Hastening of Doomforests  (Read 426934 times)

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
Re: Doomforests - Where Swords can be Hatchets (if they really want to)
« Reply #750 on: February 26, 2015, 11:14:41 am »

YES, I FOUND IT, I WAS LOOKING ALMOST ALL NIGHT AND BY CHANCE I STUMBLED ACROSS IT IN THE MURDERMACHINES THREAD AFTER FOLLOWING A FUNNY TRAIL OF SIGS!

BEHOLD:

Edit: oh god what a page claim.

Drazoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Conspiracy intensifies
    • View Profile
« Reply #751 on: February 26, 2015, 11:32:35 am »

I hope we don't get to many more sects/factions.  I only have so much time for puppet-mastering and if there gets to be to many factions there may be some that I don't have power over.
Welcome to Doomforests, please, choose a cult of your liking or head to the overseers office to register your own cult. Religious freedom is pride of this fortress!

Dark One

• Bay Watcher
  • 'What do I care for your suffering?'
    • View Profile
« Reply #752 on: February 26, 2015, 12:17:35 pm »

Doomforests: Inquisition

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #753 on: February 26, 2015, 12:22:53 pm »

Was gonna say, isn't the solution to having too many cults to simply kill the cultists in the wrong ones until they reach an acceptable number?

Drazoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Conspiracy intensifies
    • View Profile
« Reply #754 on: February 26, 2015, 12:28:27 pm »

No, the solution is to annihilate whichever ones I decide that I no longer need.  We're still a good way away from that yet.
Welcome to Doomforests, please, choose a cult of your liking or head to the overseers office to register your own cult. Religious freedom is pride of this fortress!

mate888

• Bay Watcher
  • [CRAZED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #755 on: February 26, 2015, 12:39:46 pm »

No, the solution is to annihilate whichever ones I decide that I no longer need.  We're still a good way away from that yet.
You'll go down first!
Actually, I may never uncover you and even fall into your traps, but I'll throw many, mostly innocent, dwarves into the pit for !!PURGING!!
My second turn's unnoficial goal was to turn everyone into vampires, and it backfired so bad, I ended up making the fort a more efficient, safer and friendlier place.
Apparently they evolved a taste for everything I love and care about

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #756 on: February 26, 2015, 12:44:56 pm »

The fort has like 50 dudes. At this point we have more cultists than we have actual dwarves.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #757 on: February 26, 2015, 01:06:23 pm »

The fort has like 50 dudes. At this point we have more cultists than we have actual dwarves.
...made me cough up a pringle, well done.

TechnoXan

• Bay Watcher
  • Crundles + Kobolds = AWESOME!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #758 on: February 26, 2015, 01:55:09 pm »

OOC: Can’t wait for your report Iamblanchos! Cultists and Zealots do seem to outnumber normal Dwarfs at this point too.

The Journal of TechnoXan, Master Mecha Engineer

Entry Eleven:

I was contacted by another hopeful, just in time for trials. Both hopefuls made it in! The newest looks a little suspicious. It is probably just nerves of joining such an auspicious sect. I have tasked them with searching the caverns for more Crundle packs, steam geysers, or other areas of interest Three acolytes and Drazoth III, Mecha Engineer. The sect is becoming more powerful by the day. But so are its enemies. My investigations into the vampire cult have taken an unexpected and horrifying turn. Drazoth III has informed me that it is merely a front for a necromancer cult. Led by an appropriately named Dwarf, Dark One. Something must be done! The Politica-plan must be altered for this new and dangerous enemy. I am also hearing rumors of a Dwarven Inquisition. They better not target the Mechatechno sect thinking that we are a theocratic cult. It would not end well for those cursed zealots.

Entry Twelve:

The Politica-Plan is now in full swing. Zurek, my trusted head acolyte, and I snuck up on a known necro-acolyte in one of the upper mine shafts. We hit the  over the head and brought him back to base. I used some, Crundle related techniques, to learn of their current meeting place. Astounding! I was unsure of what to do. But I decided that this heretical cult is too powerful and must be dealt with. I went to the meeting place personally. For the first sect attack on these heathens I planted two personally made Booze Bombs near the entrance, buried in the walls. The war has begun. The necromancers won’t have anything left to reanimate of their comrades. It is almost the time for their meeting, we will all know from the loud boom and smell of delicious booze wafting from the deepest parts of the fortress. I eagerly await the results, I sent Zurek to scout the area. He will hopefully see firsthand the damage. In other news, some Mecha plans are actually in construction now! And to think the Mechatechno sect isn’t even in power now. I will continue to work on plan A, B,subset B1, and E. All are paramount to fortress prosperity and security. The Mecha plans must be completed. The Mecha plans will be completed.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2015, 01:57:23 pm by TechnoXan »
By the by, if your wondering why I use so many smiley faces, its because I smile a lot when I talk. So I use them here so I don't come off the wrong way.

And so it begins...
OPEN THE GATES!

Dark One

• Bay Watcher
  • 'What do I care for your suffering?'
    • View Profile
« Reply #759 on: February 26, 2015, 03:25:23 pm »

[OOC] Just how many dorfs are in each cult? I have written in previous posts that I have 24 disciples - that makes 25 dorfs with me. Even more with the vampire cult. [/OOC]

Journal of Dark One

I thought about Drazoth's plans when going back from Old Doomforests. They seem very promising, and might aid me in my own plans. But I must still be cautious. The more dwarves know about my moves, the harder it is to keep my cover. Due to the transformational processes going on I had to hide myself within secure chambers carved in rock. Soon, when my transformation comes to end I'll have to hide even from disciples. Such is a price of undeath. When going through secret passages something caught my attention. Dwarves were praying to Armok, telling about purging the heretics. I must stop some of more risky actions for now. It seems that we have an inquisition in Doomforests. I snooped around for a while, to get more information about it.

When I was just about to enter our meeting chamber I heard deafening explosion. My vision turned black, and the last thing I could smell was booze. The last thing I could feel was strong tingling all over my body, yet I felt somehow... dismembered. Darkness slowly turned into vast expanses of blood. I was surrounded by vortexes of energy. The blood seemed to flow within me, and the a lighting struck me. I woke up on the floor, in the puddle of blood. The passage out of chamber was closed by a cave-in. There were body parts scattered all around. Disciples inside looked at me like they saw a ghost. Then they told me what happened.

As I was about to enter the chamber explosion killed me, leaving only puddle of blood and some shreds of cloth. There were other disciples going in too. Urist the manager, and the ghoul I transormated a few days ago. But one thing was so horrifying, that even I trembled with fear. Some body parts scattered around started to shudder, and move into the puddle of blood. The blood started to glow with eerie green glow and boil. Then it formed me anew. The most ominous thing is that I feel that it wasn't made by hands of my master, as if a higher power, maybe Armok himself brought me back to life. Urist is dead, ghoul too.

- THIS MEANS WAR!!!!

I yelled. I took the raven paw given me by my master, and mixed with remainings of soap brought back in PsychoAngels raising, and used the acid I prepared for meeting with Drazoth. I said an incantation aloud:

- TERORTIS DUNN NOKTIS

The object started to absorb even more light than before. Then I whisper to myself:

- Drowsy soldiers won't fight well.

And shout.

- RISE DREAM CRAWLERS! RISE FROM THE ASHES OF DREAM TRAVELLERS! FROM THE GREAT AER'KHIN I SUMMON YOU, TO SPAWN HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS NIGHT TERRORS OVER DOOMFORESTS!!!!

mate888

• Bay Watcher
  • [CRAZED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #760 on: February 27, 2015, 12:30:42 am »

[OOC]: Oh, for f*cks sake. I just enter the religious fanaticism game and people alredy starts summoning eldritch abominations.[OOC]

Mate the 888th, Kogsak (aka Mate the 892nd aka the badass speardwarf), Mate the 890th and three more dwarves walked into a very transited area of the fort. They were all dressed in red, wearing basalt amulets around their necks and with cat blood painting the shape of a hand in their faces (usually it would have been kobold or crundle blood, but they were avoiding the fort and staying in the deepest caverns for some reason).
The 6 dwarves stood in the middle of the hall and started talking:
"Brothers and sisters! Our fort has been cursed! It has been cursed for many years and it's because of our sins!
Necromantic cults practicing evil magic! Vampire worshippers and... Another one, I don't really know what they do apart for venturing into the deeps and scaring the crundles away, for they are irrelevant, but that doesn't make them less evil! If they worship another of those evil gods, demons, slab-writers or bloodsuckers, they are equally doomed! People of Doomforests! Don't succumb to this sinners! Don't doom yourselves into an  eternity imprisioned on the vowels of the earth! Embrace Armok, God of Blood! For blood is Life, and that's what Armok will give to the faithful! We have angered our god away from us! Let's bring Him back to us, with the blood of the sinners and the heretics!
Blood for the Blood God! Nazush Nòm Nasush!
Armok saràm!"
Many people of the listening crowd cheered and responded with the fanatic cry:
"Armok saràm!"
The fanatic group kept screaming religious chants. The inquisition had gone public. Dwarves followed it.
There were still people in the fort who praised Armok.
The souls of the dwarves of Doomforests could still be saved...
If the souls of the sinners were offered to their god.

[OOC:] Yes, that weird words I wrote are dwarvish. DF dwarvish. Here you have a dictionary: http://pastebin.com/QhSAEhQc [OOC]
My second turn's unnoficial goal was to turn everyone into vampires, and it backfired so bad, I ended up making the fort a more efficient, safer and friendlier place.

Iamblichos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #761 on: February 27, 2015, 01:14:57 pm »

LOL I thought this a while back.  I downloaded the file and verified that it would open.  Screaming, I covered the bleeding sockets where my eyes had been looked at the numbers and discovered that we have 51 living dwarves and missing/deceased is 773.  That sums up Doomforests if anything does.

First impressions:

This fort is beyond chaos; it has an eerie sort of almost-order that makes my brain hurt.  The one level external walls that can be walked over... the multiple bridges built in odd places for undiscernable reasons... the caverns full of webs... the coffins.  Dear sweet baby Armok in his magma-filled asbestos cradle, the dozens and dozens and scores of coffins.

There are so many ways in and out of this tangled rat warren I don't even know where to start.  I hope all the entry points are sealed because I haven't got a hope in hell of finding them all.  First order of business is going to be to start throwing things away... yes, giant stockpiles of whatever-the-hell, I'm looking at you.  You have a collective date with a magma chute.

Second, I see dozens of bedrooms which are not in use, and everyone is sleeping in a giant dormitory.  Well, except Taupe, but he nests in the first cavern layer wrapped in a blanket made from the tanned hide of Minister Smunstu, so I guess that's OK.

Congratulations to all - we have recreated Moria.  All the FBs are showing up because of our ad "Underground warren in need of Balrog - please apply within."
I'm new to succession forts in general, yes, but do all forts designed by multiple overseers inevitably degenerate into a body-filled labyrinth of chaos and despair like this? Or is this just a Battlefailed thing?

There isn't much middle ground between killed-by-dragon and never-seen-by-dragon.

mate888

• Bay Watcher
  • [CRAZED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #762 on: February 27, 2015, 03:52:07 pm »

What? Smuntsu is dead and tanned into a blanket?! Aaaaaaaaw maaaaan... I actually liked him more than half of the fort!
And also... I don't have a bedroom worthy of an inquisitor!? WHAT?!
And another also, Iamblichos, could you rename my profession to "Head Inquisitor", please? If you do that and worship Armok He may even give you a new body that is not the disgustingly fat ranger your ghost took over after your real you died.

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #763 on: February 27, 2015, 05:09:08 pm »

I have an office in Old Doomforests, and I think Drokles of all people has a single bedroom in Astville. Last time I checked, Smunstu was alive and caged with his secretary and enforcer trolls. (our agriculture department)

TechnoXan

• Bay Watcher
  • Crundles + Kobolds = AWESOME!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #764 on: February 27, 2015, 06:36:37 pm »

The Journal of TechnoXan, Master Mecha Engineer

OOC: Noooooo, Smunstu! Hopefully he is alive. Oh and that thing Dark One did is unleash some dream monsters.

Entry Twelve:

BY ARMOK! That beast! It, it AAHHGRHA- (the next three paragraphs of this OCD-like clean journal are illegible.)-WRRGleMoRUDDdD The .. The Grunlaa, NO! Don’t touch my precious Crundles! Or that plan for a magma tank! AAUGH!!-(What does this mean?)-GRUNLAA, ERRJaaaaaa. I-I must defend my, my. ARGH! Get out of my head! These accursed necromancers have done something. All I see is…..is this horrific monster killing me and my lovely Crundles and raising us up from the dead, OVER AND OVER AGAIN! I must protect the Mechatechno sect from these, the, GRUNLAA! I-I will arm the sect with my personal armory consisting of a Crossbow pistol, a war Crundle, (to go with them) a Booze Grenade, and a custom battle axe that at the folding of the axe blades forward and extending handle and it becomes a spear/halberd. We, I GuRGH, I-ehaaaAA! No, NOT AGAIN! GRUNLAA IS EVERYWHERE!!

Entry Thirteen:

I-I…..I have managed to create a helm filled with a lining of soap. Somehow for reasons I can’t explain yet, helps with the – those horrible dreams. I discovered it when hiding under a large slab of soap that was in my room. When I unsealed myself from the base I gave one to Zurek and I dropped one off at Drazoth III’s apartment. Wherever he is I hope he is alive. Zurek injured himself in rage, a broken arm and lacerated chest. Also one of the acolytes has died from jumping into a magma vent while he was running from the dream monster in his head. I must retaliate. THIS WILL NOT STAND! I have gathered twelve of my precious war Crundles and armored them in iron. I have loosed the pack in the mines. They will work their way up to the fortress proper and have been trained to target robed pasty necromancers. After one hour of rampaging they will (hopefully) return to base via. the caverns. Hopefully they will pick their targets. Either way, the Mechatechno sect will prevail! Onward my pretties, fight!!
« Last Edit: February 27, 2015, 06:38:19 pm by TechnoXan »
By the by, if your wondering why I use so many smiley faces, its because I smile a lot when I talk. So I use them here so I don't come off the wrong way.

And so it begins...
OPEN THE GATES!
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 144