Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

According to the newest research, what substance is best tasked with reinvorgorating a sleepy thread?

Powdered Sweet Pod
Crushed Mermaid Scale
Elven Bone Marrow
Flaked Adamantine
Ground Unicorn Horn

Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 144

Author Topic: The Hastening of Doomforests  (Read 426786 times)

Dark One

• Bay Watcher
  • 'What do I care for your suffering?'
    • View Profile

[OOC]

I quickly replace my old leg, with the one I cut out of the crundle
Wait, what? I tought crundles were like... Smaller than kobolds? You would be easier to detect that way, being something like this:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I don't know how you are able to walk.

Do not underestimate crundle-legged necromancers. They still can show you a few tricks. Also, the image is great. This have made my day!

[/OOC]

Journal of Dark One

My experiments seem promising. It seems that even useless zombies still can use magical energies contained within scrolls. This would help me greatly. I also had to change the crundle leg, as it dissolved into abyss rather quickly. I took a leg from the nearby corpse, and turned around to watch as my disciples fortify the chamber. After scaring them that I can summon bogeymans, they are working very quick. I watch as they bring blocks of marble, slate, and even soap. I might even let them sleep well for the first time since I lead them. There's still one thing not right. They aren't closing the doors. Suddenly a group of kobolds jump in. That's how some of my scrolls disappeared. But wait, what they have strapped to their back?

As soon as I spot the kobolds, they jump and something on their back ignites. Then, some kind of containers open on their back, and a burning liquid is spoiled all around. I smell booze.... booze bombs! I try to find a way to stop the kobolds from spewing it all around, but before I do anything the fire rages in my chamber. Disciples screach in pain. The wooden furniture sets on fire quickly, bottles filled with alchemical concoctions explode. Shards of glass fly over the whole room. I feel smoke filling my lungs. I see disciples burning. Such a waste of good corpses, they'll burn to the bones! As the kobolds jump closer to me, I become enraged. Demonic voices burst through my mouth into freedom, then the fire reaches me. I mutter:

- UFTHASHILL GETHOROK SHAY

The time slows down for a moment. I feel a massive wave of energy flowing within me. As I close my mouth, stream of green light gets out of my eyes and nostrils, and fills the whole room. Then I open my mouth, and clouds of miasma spread out. A disc of purple energy flies around me, and then a flash. The fire was set down, but the damages are high. I order a few of lucky disciples that couldn't reach the chamber before to treat wounded, and save anything from my lab. I go out of the chamber, smelling some blood in the air. I look over the bloodied surface and read:

"The Inquisition send you their regards"

I become overtaken by anger. I open my mouth and shout. The voice is strenghtened by ominous energies of The Great Beyond, and probably everyone in the fort heard it. I translocate the great army of the undead I previously created, and dispel them. Moaning, rotten creatures turn back into ordinary corpses. Then I weave the raven rod like madman, chanting and yelling with gravely voice. The bodies start to shudder and twist. Then they start to connect with my "body", creating huge unrecognisable mass, strenghtened and speed up by powers of The Great Beyond. The whole fortress seems to tremble as I shout:

- THERE IS NO ESCAPE!!!!

And I move with undwarvenly high speed, to the inquisition hunt.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2015, 11:13:39 am by Dark One »

mate888

• Bay Watcher
  • [CRAZED]
    • View Profile

Dayum.
I'll write something later.
My second turn's unnoficial goal was to turn everyone into vampires, and it backfired so bad, I ended up making the fort a more efficient, safer and friendlier place.
Apparently they evolved a taste for everything I love and care about

TechnoXan

• Bay Watcher
  • Crundles + Kobolds = AWESOME!!
    • View Profile

Holy Crundle crap! That is both supernaturally awesome and terrifying!!  :)  I'll write a post later today (hopefully) as well. Oh and I cant wait for your post Mate 888!

To Mate 888:

EDIT: Yeah, Doomforests is just one giant cult/gang war!      ;)
« Last Edit: March 03, 2015, 05:30:17 pm by TechnoXan »
By the by, if your wondering why I use so many smiley faces, its because I smile a lot when I talk. So I use them here so I don't come off the wrong way.

And so it begins...
OPEN THE GATES!

mate888

• Bay Watcher
  • [CRAZED]
    • View Profile

Is it me or have we filled the thread with sect-releted RP?
Not that I am complaining.
My second turn's unnoficial goal was to turn everyone into vampires, and it backfired so bad, I ended up making the fort a more efficient, safer and friendlier place.

Drazoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Conspiracy intensifies
    • View Profile

In case people were wondering, I am working on my turn.  Things are just going slowly, as somebody forgot to set up bed rooms and workshops in old doomforests.  Expect something up later today.
Welcome to Doomforests, please, choose a cult of your liking or head to the overseers office to register your own cult. Religious freedom is pride of this fortress!

Iamblichos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

There are about 20 bedrooms set up in the left side of the bechamber block... there are no workrooms, because seriously go look at how much shit I had to haul and throw away.  Also, the trade depot is still downstairs, and until it gets moved you don't want the workshops to get too far away lest there be no trading possible.
I'm new to succession forts in general, yes, but do all forts designed by multiple overseers inevitably degenerate into a body-filled labyrinth of chaos and despair like this? Or is this just a Battlefailed thing?

There isn't much middle ground between killed-by-dragon and never-seen-by-dragon.

Drazoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Conspiracy intensifies
    • View Profile

You've got a point.  I'm not seeing the bedrooms though.  Are you refering to the big 3x3 rooms or the nobles rooms from waaay back in my turn?
Welcome to Doomforests, please, choose a cult of your liking or head to the overseers office to register your own cult. Religious freedom is pride of this fortress!

Iamblichos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You've got a point.  I'm not seeing the bedrooms though.  Are you refering to the big 3x3 rooms or the nobles rooms from waaay back in my turn?

3x3s... I specifically set up about 20 of them and defined them as bedrooms.  They are on the main floor, west of the waterfall and sealed off areas.  WARNING: Large image.

« Last Edit: March 04, 2015, 11:59:56 am by Iamblichos »
I'm new to succession forts in general, yes, but do all forts designed by multiple overseers inevitably degenerate into a body-filled labyrinth of chaos and despair like this? Or is this just a Battlefailed thing?

There isn't much middle ground between killed-by-dragon and never-seen-by-dragon.

Drazoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Conspiracy intensifies
    • View Profile

Okay.  I was going to demolish those in favor of 1x3s, but that would take far to long.  Thanks.

mate888

• Bay Watcher
  • [CRAZED]
    • View Profile

EDIT: Yeah, Doomforests is just one giant cult/gang war!      ;)
Too bad there's no dwarven Families/Ballas there, though. That was a GTA San Andreas reference.

mate888

• Bay Watcher
  • [CRAZED]
    • View Profile

[OOC]: Thanks to Dark One for helping me write this[OOC]

------------------------------------------------------------

Likot, Kulet and Kogan just felt a slight wind blow, then the smell of twenty rotten bodies. The dead cat that Likot was carrying with her somehow started shuddering and twisting, as it moved towards that stench, joining some kind of foul mass of dead bodies moving at speeds impossible for anything natural.
The three priests scattered in terror. The inquisition may die but they wouldn't die with it.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

-Mothram, now that you are better from that crow attack, go bring me some beer, would you?
Then the door broke and sent Mothram flying backwards.
-AAAAAAAH! MY GOOD EYE!
-What the...
Mate the 888th knew that he would have to fight demon worshippers, but that was ridiculous.
It was a mass of assorted bodyparts, made up of crundles, dwarves, burnt kobolds, a cat and Armok knows what else. It didn't had any face, or, atleast, not any living face. But somehow its fury could be seen. It wanted blood.
Some priests tried to attack it and were launched into the roof. Others tried to escape and were also thrown in every direction. Feb stabbed a spear onto the thing, but it just pulled the spear out with... an arm made of arms or something like it, broke the spear, and then proceeded to do the same with Feb's legs.
It didn't waste much time on the priests. It was going for Mate the 888th, who was by the door, trying to escape while the monster broke the legs of that kind old dwarf. It didn't work.
The creature grabbed him by the neck and throwed him outside of the room into a wall.
With a great deal of pain, Mate got up.
-Y... You can kill me. But you will not defeat Armok! He will have his revange--
The monster kicked him into a hallway. Other dwarves where there too, minding their own buissnesses when the inquisitor fell in the middle of the corridor, bleeding and wounded, chased by an abomination.
The panic confused the beast, who started throwing dwarves left and right trying to get to his objective, who was to weak to get up and run away. Mate knew that he wasn't going to kill him right away, no. He was going to play with him like a cat plays with its prey. He prayed.
-Armok. God of Blood. Save the dwarves living in this fort. For I can't be saved. Save them from this monster and from the people that wirship it. Save--
A kick from the monster sent him flying across the corridor and into a wall.
Then everything went black.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Darkness. Nothing more than darkness.
Then, a bright light. Grass, trees, the sun. So many time without seeing the sun. But he didn't felt the nausea. Actually, he didn't felt anything. Like he was detached from his body.
He saw the jungles and rainforests that elves call home, he saw th cities of the humans. Once grand, now dark and infested with all kinds of foul creatures. He saw goblin tribes, their pits and their dark towers. All of the towers and most of the pits were burning. The two towers that were still standing were under siege. Goblin tribes were wandering the desert, waiting to die.
Then he saw the mountainhomes of the dwarves, his kin, blissfully ignorant of the horrors of the outside.
He saw a cave, home to a tribe of kobolds. Everybody inside was dead. He wanted to run away, but he felt pulled inside, following a trail of destruction, until he found a beast made of spessartine.
He saw the gates that separated the caverns from the fort, and he saw the interior of the fort itself.
Finally, he saw himself, being brutally beaten by a blob of rot.
Everything got black again.
He heard steps, but there was no floor. They got closer, and he got blinded by a bright light. Or maybe he imagined that light to cover the truth behind it.
-Aaaaaaaaah!
The light disappeared, instead, a dwarf walked toward him. He was dressed as a king and was covered in blood.
-Who... Who are you?
-You don't know my appearence, but everyone knows me by my name.
Mate felt his body again, only to kneel before the deity.
-Armok...
-Yes... Dwarves know me by that name. But I think that you would have recognised me if I had taken another shape.
As he said that, he turned into an elf, a human, a kobold, a goblin and a dragon, before turning back into a dwarf.
-Any shape would make you recognize me, but I can't show you my true shape, for nothing of this world or any other would be able to resist it.
-Why am I here?
-Because you are dead.
-What?
-Well, not yet, but you will not survive the beating that you are recieving.
-So... Is this the afterlife?
-No. You are here because you will return to the world. You see, I usually don't care about the evils that roam the world because you bring that evil to yourselves. Profaning temples, worshipping demons, mining the adamantine...
-The what?
-Nothing. The thing is, faith in me keeps existing. When faith in me disappears, the world disappears, and I forge a new one.
"What is happening here is unique, even though it's not the first time that this happens. For the evils that I, or that you or one of the minor gods created, are hunting my faithful down. But my faithful fight back. Your... inquisition is defending the faith in me in your fort. And I know that, if the evil that hunts your people is not stopped or at least contained there, it'll spread through the world.

Armok then took the shape of another dwarf. Osp.
-Osp was the first sent by the evils that want to end me, not knowing that they'll end themselves and everything else. The goddess Nifih who rose aganist me, sent Osp to your fort. She created the necromancers, she sent them, liderated by a man you know as "Dark One"
Armok took the shape of a dwarf king again.
-Wether you succeed or you fail, you can't leave the world of the living mauled by a mass of dead things.
"You shall return to the world after Dark One leaves you for dead. Be careful, because even if he looses the power to make the mass of corpses after this, he will try to kill you once he discovers that you are alive, and I'll not bring you back again.

-Wh... Why not?
-Because that would be cheating.
-What? Cheating aganist who?
-I'll not try to make you comprehend the mind of a creator god like me. I will send you back to the world of the living. Remember: You'll be facing a dangerous opponent. You'll have to fend for yourself, get allies. And most importantly, if you are going to die, make it a fucking spectacle!
-A what?
-Make it fun to watch, I watch over everything, I don't have much to do. Now, go! Live again!
-I...
Everything went black again.
Live...
*GASP*
The pain was incredibly strong. He was sure that he had broke several ribs and an leg. He was missing a bunch of teeth and his head felt like it had been hit by an anvil, wich was a possibility. He was covered in blood and he barely could speak.
The priests got to where he was.
-Is he...
-I'm not dead, idiot! Just *cough* get me inside!
The two priests carried him into his house and into his bed.
-I can't belive you survived, Master.
-Neither can I. Bring the rest of the inquisition here. I saw Armok.
-What? Y-you saw Him? How was him?
-Eh, as you would imagine. Bring everyone. Also, don't tell anyone outside of the inquisition that I'm alive. Only my natural son, Mate the 890th must know. The necromancers must think that I'm dead atleast until I'm able to run.
-What about your adoptive son Kogsak... Er... Mate the 892nd?
-What about him?
-He is still outside tailing the crundle hunters.
-Then he must know nothing until his return. Now we are weak. Our enemies must think that we are no longer a threat. Until we are able to return with a strike, we must live in the shadows.

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile

Okay.  I was going to demolish those in favor of 1x3s, but that would take far to long.  Thanks.

We have 50 dwarves and three hundred bedrooms. We don't need 1x3s.

Iamblichos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

No, we are up to at least 80  :)

And don't miss the shout out to your wisdom in re: Smunstu.

Drazoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Conspiracy intensifies
    • View Profile

It was more to prepare for migrants, but you're right, it's not needed.  Force of habit I guess.  I'm sorry about not posting anything yet, but my frame rate has been rather low. (~17FPS)  Things are improving though.  Should have something up today or tomorrow.  Stay tuned.

TechnoXan

• Bay Watcher
  • Crundles + Kobolds = AWESOME!!
    • View Profile

Journal of TechnoXan, the Master Mecha Engineer

OOC: Cant wait Drazoth! And do we really have 80 Dwarfs? Cant wait to see what disaster whittles down our numbers again.    :)     Oh and thanks to Mate 888 for his input on our interactions so far.

Entry Seventeen:

I have done it! Using a tactic I call selective breeding I have bred what is probably the single most powerful Crundle ever! I call him Fido, he is an extremely athletic Crundle that is as tall a Dwarfs shoulder. When he is on all fours! He is so intelligent that he can speak our language fluently too, only with the Molta-slab of course. I took Fido on a test that he hunted down and killed a small Cave Crocodile! He threw a rock at its head and then slit the dazed beasts throat. He has a remarkable ability for stealth as well as direct confrontation. I have taken him as my personal pet as well. I am in the middle of teaching Fido the meaning of the word storage when Zurek bursts in. “Master! We found Kogan, Mate 888’s relative tailing us in the caverns. He says he came to talk peace.” “Hmm, have Kogan blind folded and brought in.” I say. Zurek and another acolyte bring in the zealot.
-I *akfb* Get your hands off my face! Eh, alright. So I-
-Get on with it.
-Okay! Fine, Mate the 888 the high priest of the holy inquisition wants to meet with you to discuss working together against the even more heretical necromancer cult.
-Hmm.
-Well?
-Send him this message, I will work with him indirectly but only if he meets some demands. The necromancers must be destroyed.
-a-alright.
I sent Zurek to let him free in the upper mines. This could be an opportunity to get rid of two dangers. Plan B sub plan A is underway so I need not wait long. But the grat beast that is currtly roaming the caverns must be stopped soon for work to go quickly. Hmm, I will start working on some attack plans.

Entry Eighteen:

I fear this journal is no longer safe. I will transfer to the new secure devise that I have been making. I fear their may even be a mole in the sect. Not a giant mole, I got rid of that yesterday. Stupid beast. Er, anyway, I am probably just being paranoid. But Doomforests is getting more dangerous by the day. I heard a great crash and the screams of Dwarfs up above. As well as a great roar from something that I believe is not from this world. I fear for the other members of the sect. This will all be solved as the Mecha plans come into reality. Plan A, C, and E are high priority. Plan B is the most important for the time being. I must speak with my good friend Drazoth III about that. I have decided that the base needs to be renovated. Its traps are sorely lacking so I intend to beef up security. And there are currently no sleeping quarters or large food storage. I plan to be able to operate solely out of the base for at least a week in the case of danger. I also want to upgrade the multi-purpose workshops, Crundle pens, and the laboratory. I also want a lava pool for research reasons I have tasked Zurek to be in charge of construction. It must be quick so cavern exploration and equipment manufacturing has been halted. But this is all temporary as our true base will be hopefully created in Mecha plan B. While the acolytes are busy on this, I am transferring the Mechanimal plan, which was going to be a side project, into a full Mecha plan. I will be adding on several parts as well. Mecha plan F is already underway on a small scale. Fido is proof of that. Oh no, Fido is chewing on an acolyte again!
By the by, if your wondering why I use so many smiley faces, its because I smile a lot when I talk. So I use them here so I don't come off the wrong way.

And so it begins...
OPEN THE GATES!
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 144