Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

According to the newest research, what substance is best tasked with reinvorgorating a sleepy thread?

Powdered Sweet Pod
Crushed Mermaid Scale
Elven Bone Marrow
Flaked Adamantine
Ground Unicorn Horn

Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 144

Author Topic: The Hastening of Doomforests  (Read 431483 times)

PsychoAngel

• Bay Watcher
  • My silliness is our saving grace.
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
Re: The Hastening of Doomforests
« Reply #1035 on: June 05, 2015, 03:22:43 pm »

Checked, never really got a match. I investigated three stockpiles, too.
Our forward thinking overseer at the time devised a way in which werebeasts can live in peace with other dwarves by utilizing the mysterious magical properties of soap!

Quote from: PsychoAngel on January 19, 2016
Don't worry. I've got extremely volatile exploding fish.
My friends and I say a lot of fun things to each other.

Dark One

• Bay Watcher
  • 'What do I care for your suffering?'
    • View Profile
« Reply #1036 on: June 05, 2015, 03:55:55 pm »

You can also set follow on a dwarf hauling ores to stockpile, so you could see which one it is. This could take some time if the framerate is low, and if dwarves don't haul at all, maybe try to set up new stockpile.

PsychoAngel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #1037 on: June 05, 2015, 04:16:30 pm »

Journal of Psycho II: Fourth Entry

The dwarves of Doomforests aren't particularly productive, nor are they quite right in the head as a whole, but they are my people and as such I will care for them.

It is the twenty-first of Hematite, and the "organization" of our fort still makes it difficult to get anything major done, let alone write a journal.

Accomplishments:
-Put all of the animals into the pasture.
-Pasturing the animals put the idle count down to nine!
-Made a new stockpile room near the forges SPECIFICALLY for ores.
-Felled many a fungal tree deep within the caverns.
-Told the trainers to use the now clear area in the cavern for Elk Bird taming.
-Designated a place between both major activity zones of the fort as a new hospital

Happenings:
-Humans have returned home
-Taming of the many Elk Birds in our captivity has begun
-A trapper withdraws from society... to claim a craftsdwarf workshop.
-Finished smoothing the Hospital, now to put in the furniture
-Autumn is here

Oddities:
-!!NO ONE IS HAULING THE GOLD!!

Scenes:
Spoiler: New Ore Stocks (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Tree Fellers (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Hospital Designation (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: New Mood (click to show/hide)

That'll be all from me for now.
Our forward thinking overseer at the time devised a way in which werebeasts can live in peace with other dwarves by utilizing the mysterious magical properties of soap!

Dark One

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1038 on: June 05, 2015, 04:23:29 pm »

Oddities:
-!!NO ONE IS HAULING THE GOLD!!

Have you checked orders? Maybe stone hauling was turned off, or maybe gold is forbidden in the stone screen (though I don't know if this would be cause of the problem).

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #1039 on: June 05, 2015, 04:26:43 pm »

One turn closer to my turn

Salmeuk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1040 on: June 08, 2015, 06:38:36 pm »

*a tumbleweed rolls past as the desert crickets chirp*

Dark One

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1041 on: June 09, 2015, 10:06:31 am »

*a tumbleweed rolls past as the desert crickets chirp*

*A pack of vultures eats flesh off a dwarven corpse*

TechnoXan

• Bay Watcher
  • Crundles + Kobolds = AWESOME!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1042 on: June 10, 2015, 06:32:40 am »

*And a pack of Crundles stands victorious, and so they begin to build their new empire from the ashes of all others.*
By the by, if your wondering why I use so many smiley faces, its because I smile a lot when I talk. So I use them here so I don't come off the wrong way.

And so it begins...
OPEN THE GATES!

Dark One

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1043 on: June 10, 2015, 08:17:42 am »

Journal of Shorast Strangerways the Craterous Comet of Fields

First day in Doomforests I managed to see the chaos and madness ruling this place. There are many factions fighting for power, and I'll have to choose one side. So far, the inquisition seems to be the only good choice.

Shorast continued with inquisitors to their headquarters. There was a big table in the middle of the room with map of Doomforests on it. Armor stands and weapon racks were placed in the back of the room, rock coffers were standing in between beds. Dwarves, except the chief inquisitor took a seat in their tiny rock thrones. Then he said:

- This is our tactical map. We use it to plan our actions, and mark secret ways the fortress. If you'll need equipment, ask Likot. He'll find something for you. Now, we need to plan our moves. The MechaTechno sect is powerful and they have highly fortified headquarters. Any ideas?

Shorast thinks for a while and says:

- Nobody knows me in the fortress. If I'll have a suitable costume, they won't know that your secret agent. Advancing in their hierarchy, I could learn their weaknesses and inform you about their plans.

The dwarf looks surprised by this idea, but after a while of consideration says:

- Great! I'm sure that Likot had a suit of captured cultist somewhere...

Then he screams to a dwarf sitting just to the right of him:

- LIKOT! BRING THE CULTIST SUIT!!!

The dwarf falls off the chair, and scrambles away. After a while he comes back with a soap helmet and an old, dusty robe. Shorast takes the equipment, and uses a secret way inside the caverns. As he wandered the caverns, a squad of cultists with spears approach Shorast. They say:

- What are you doing here!? There's a war going on, Master Engineer told us to make sure all low rank cultists stay inside the headquarters! Now, we'll get you back to the base!

Shorast guided by cultists entered the entrance cave. There was a main square, surrounded by a few buildings. The place was bustling with activity. Dwarves were moving machinery parts all around, patrol squads moved out and came back to the base. There were four caves more - main cave, dormitory cave, militia cave and engineers cave. Shorast as a low rank member could enter only entrance and dormitories, while rest was reserved for higher rank cultists.

As adventurer wandered the vast, cavernous streets, he looked at working dwarves. Some of them were taking parts to engineers cave, some of them were helping wounded squads, while the rest listened to the teachings of master engineer, or trained to join militia. Shorast came closer to crowd of dwarves, waiting for another session of teachings.

Master engineer himself appeared to teach new members of MechaTachno. He started with a story:

- A tumbleweed rolls past as the desert cricket chirp. Inquisitors and unbelievers fallen under the mighty strike of MechaTechno. A pack of vultures eats flesh off a dwarven corpse. There was still last group of enemies, preparing for their last stand. But the crundles stronger than unbelievers attacked them. And a pack of Crundles stands victorious, and so they begin to build new empire from ashes of all others!

Just as master engineer told last words, a pack of Alpha-crundles jumped from behind him, showing their might. After watching the show, Shorast went to observe dwarves training with magma blasters. He looked as one of them almost melted himself, and went to dormitories.

Salmeuk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1044 on: June 12, 2015, 12:45:16 am »

I checked, and PsychoAngel started his turn back on April 19th. . .

Perhaps I should enforce the two week rule in coming turns.

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1045 on: June 12, 2015, 01:01:58 am »

Probably. This fort just entered the Hall of Fame. We have many people waiting for a turn, or updates. Two weeks is the best we can offer for a single turn I'm afraid.

PsychoAngel, it may be wiser to wrap up the save asap and let the next person take over at this point. It has been over 3 weeks now...
« Last Edit: June 12, 2015, 01:03:30 am by Taupe »

PsychoAngel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #1046 on: June 12, 2015, 11:10:16 am »

Yeah, I'm planning on getting one last update today before I pass it.

PsychoAngel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #1047 on: June 12, 2015, 12:15:28 pm »

Journal of Psycho II: Fifth Entry

Eighth of Limestone, dwarves are getting restless. Soon I will have to pass on the position of overseer. Hopefully my accomplishments will be appreciated. At last I can go back to being a humble soaper and help clean up this mess of a fortress.

Accomplishments:
-Figured out and put a stop to the problem with the gold.
-Purchased weapons, armor, food, drinks, and other things from the traders.
-I retire my position of overseer on the twenty-third of Limestone.

Happenings:
-Drazoth III Has given birth!
-Our moody dwarf has begun the construction of their artifact.
-The caravan from the mountainhome has arrived.
-The artifact is finished! Beautiful.
-I saw a ghost! He's not doing anything, so it's not a real problem.

Oddities:
-I look over by the old tombs and statue garden and see someone's corpse...
-No one seems to want to bury this one either
-Looking at the notes left on some levers, I discover one labeled "Total Safety Project". Probably shouldn't touch it...
-Although they are now carrying the gold to the stores, they still won't smelt it...

Scenes:
Spoiler: Sad Corpse #2 (click to show/hide)

Save is here. Sorry, I honestly really could have done it in two weeks or less, but I just was busy or wasn't in the mood. But it's over and done now, so have !!FUN!! 

PS, tell me if the date in-game isn't the 23rd of Limestone. My computer tells me that the last time the file was modified was six days ago, but DF loads it just fine.

Salmeuk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1048 on: June 12, 2015, 02:18:26 pm »

Awesome, thank you Psycho! The time wasn't too big of an issue, I think quite a few people were busy during these past few weeks so not much was lost?

I will update the OP later today, and I have PM'd Galena (we'll see if he responds).

Dark One

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1049 on: June 12, 2015, 02:24:25 pm »

I noticed that nobody tried to write a short summary of years from 1059 - onward. I have a suggestion for the 1059:

Fortress moves on as SkaiaMechanic picks up the overseer hat. Dwarves of Doomforests lead more peaceful lives, but then a vile force of darkness arrives, preceding visit of a minotaur later on. Forgotten ones lurk in the depths, taking lives of dwarves unwary enough to enter their kingdom. With new migrant waves, new cults born alongside older sects. The Dwarven Inquisition takes first steps against heretics and a great war ensues shortly after.

This can be modified to better fit other summaries.
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 144