Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

According to the newest research, what substance is best tasked with reinvorgorating a sleepy thread?

Powdered Sweet Pod
Crushed Mermaid Scale
Elven Bone Marrow
Flaked Adamantine
Ground Unicorn Horn

Pages: 1 ... 72 73 [74] 75 76 ... 144

Author Topic: The Hastening of Doomforests  (Read 426749 times)

Salmeuk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Hastening of Doomforests
« Reply #1095 on: June 24, 2015, 03:31:15 am »

guys can there be multiple sieges at once? Csuse we could lock up an army somewhere and avoid future invaders...

From Sieges on the wiki (I was curious myself):

It is possible to have multiple sieges at the same time. If the attacking civilizations are at war with each other, they will start to fight with each other as well.

maxcat61

• Bay Watcher
  • SuperMinion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1096 on: June 24, 2015, 03:02:08 pm »

Ok, I am getting started. Priorities for this year:

1) Find some way to deal with the incompleate Magma Piston.
2) Get some marksdwarfs, and another squad of axedwarfs.
3) Kill the Vampire (Which has been sealed in the jail since my last turn, who knows how long ago).
4) Make some steel, and mine some candy.
5) Start a decent silk industry.
6) Reopen a path from Lower Doomforest to Upper Doomforest.
7) Cut down some trees (Never actually got to do that my turn. TAKE THAT TREES).

Timber 1st:
Work is progressing slowly. I am patching a few holes in the walls (That are open to the caverns). I am setting up a military tower outside, and it will look wonderful when it is done, with bands of cobalt, marble, and cinnabar, and spikes of microline. The miners are digging out patches of ore, and are carefully digging to the Adamantium.

Timber 4th:
The last ghost has been put to rest.

Timber 15th:
A steel floodgate has been placed in the Jail, to be used to contain magma. This will allow the efficient disposal of those that irritate the overseer (vampires, crundles, kittens, lawyers, etc). Candy mining has not yet started, as we are carefully mining of the area surrounding the vein to establish safe digging spots.

Timber 27th:
The first floor of the Guard Post has been complete, and the second is mostly done. The bridges leading to the post are under construction, with 3 done, and 3 more to go. When the building is finished, it should have 4-5 floors, and the equipment should be stored in the basement. I have ordered a mass butchuring of all unclaimed animals, as they are useless and taking up space (and fps).

Moonstone 1st:
The magma piston has been sealed: Some other overseer can finish it later. A marksdwarf squad has been recruited from the local hunters, and are training now.
Winter has arrived.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2015, 12:00:42 pm by maxcat61 »
You can't make an omelette without melting a few dwarves...
The purple overseer hat weights heavily on one's head. Some would argue that the leadership of Doomforest is uneasy to bear for too long. Others would simply suggest that we don't craft the next overseer hat out of rutile.

TechnoXan

• Bay Watcher
  • Crundles + Kobolds = AWESOME!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1097 on: June 24, 2015, 03:47:29 pm »

The Codex of TechnoXan, Master Mecha Engineer

Entry Nine:
We chased out those murders! But not before a platoon of militia Fangs along with dear Grub and Doyer were murdered! They were going back to the guard post to retrieve a youngling who had snuck off, they will be missed. I took a new batch of acolytes later that day, Shorast looked most promising. He is skilled in the art of combat, is versed in the sciences, but my screening Fangs said he was to not be trusted. They said he was a monster in disguise. Poppycock! But I will have to watch this one, Crundles rarely make mistakes. The Crundles are getting restless. I think my socio-political debate classes have backfired, after the recent confusion with overseers, a group of Fang Crundles went on strike until I caved and upgraded their rations from kitchen scraps to live Olms. The cost is tremendous! Just today Vleek, a young Alpha, painted a picture of the local Fang pack leader being attacked. Shortly after the Fangs had an election voting an Alpha to leadership! The old pack leader had his den and food stores repurposed for the new leader. The acolytes are getting restless about their recent leaps and bounds in the field of government, even though Crundles and the Mechatechno sect still have an unbreakable bond. The Crundles are showing signs of autocracy now. I am still researching their natural progression in society. And it is fascinating!

Entry Ten
My life serum is progressing nicely. Powdered Sweet Pod has proved inconclusive, but the Elven Bone Marrow is showing a positive chemical reaction when mixed with Plump Helmet juice. Actually Shorast helped me test the Sweet Pod mixture. He is rising fast in the sect, Fido is wary of him though. Speaking of Shorast another Acolyte has asked several times to talk with him, and something didn't seem right. So I told him to go clean the sewage system. I may have a Fang operative spy on him. Shorast is seeming very suspicious. Anyway The Magmatica Device is working perfectly, I added a second canister so that when needed I can manipulate metal! Just place a special alloy in an Adamantine canister and metal is now under your total control! Everyday I feel the Mechatechno sect - no, Dwarfkind, becoming more and more independent from the will of Armok. The age of god and beast will give way. I will make sure of it. I have been thinking. How hard is it to become a god? I mean Armok cant have always been god, could he? No. That isn't logical. Right?

OOC: What do you all think of a description page for all of the cults, organizations, and secret societies in Doomforests? Each leader could supply a description, so no one has to dig them all up. :D
« Last Edit: June 24, 2015, 03:50:24 pm by TechnoXan »
By the by, if your wondering why I use so many smiley faces, its because I smile a lot when I talk. So I use them here so I don't come off the wrong way.

And so it begins...
OPEN THE GATES!

Salmeuk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1098 on: June 24, 2015, 04:39:46 pm »

Powdered Sweet Pod has proved inconclusive, but the Elven Bone Marrow is showing a positive chemical reaction when mixed with Plump Helmet juice.

OOC: What do you all think of a description page for all of the cults, organizations, and secret societies in Doomforests? Each leader could supply a description, so no one has to dig them all up. :D

Hehe I see you've taken scientific research into consideration. If you want to write up your cult description, I would love to put it in the OP. I think the cult plots are tough to follow at points, and if we had a solid description of what they were up to then more people could enjoy them. Bonus points if you link to some of your favorite 'cult journals', but looking at a 75 page thread means that might be more work than it's worth.

TechnoXan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1099 on: June 24, 2015, 10:08:29 pm »

Awesome! I'll post a description and quotes tomorrow.  :)
By the by, if your wondering why I use so many smiley faces, its because I smile a lot when I talk. So I use them here so I don't come off the wrong way.

And so it begins...
OPEN THE GATES!

Dark One

• Bay Watcher
  • 'What do I care for your suffering?'
    • View Profile
« Reply #1100 on: June 25, 2015, 07:41:43 am »

I'd suggest making a spoiler for the descriptions on the first page. Something like:

Spoiler: Dark Disciples (click to show/hide)

This is just an example written quickly.

maxcat61

• Bay Watcher
  • SuperMinion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1101 on: June 25, 2015, 12:53:25 pm »

Moonstone 22nd:
The Cook has been possessed. I am prepared for an artifact plump helm roast ("You can look at it, but you can't eat it").
The 2nd level of the Guard tower is complete, and work has started on the 3rd level.

Moonstone 24th:
Another Forgotten Beast has arrived (a shelled cuckoo that has poison breath) . That bring up the total number of Uninvited Guests up to 4, double the population that started this year. I hope all the entrances to the caves are sealed...

Opal 1st:
The cook has made a Kitten Cat leather drum with bands of mole and reindeer leather, worth 6000 urstes. It purrs when you play it.

Opal 20th:
A FB is dead. Turns out there was an incident where we Dwarfs couldn't see: The Cuckoo. The Cuckoo lost it's head.
As of now, we are testing the Magma Killing DEvice (MKDE), which should kill the vampire sealed away in the prison.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Opal 28th:
The MKDE worked, and the wreched vampire is dead. Now I just have to test it's dumping capacity.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2015, 05:05:13 pm by maxcat61 »
The purple overseer hat weights heavily on one's head. Some would argue that the leadership of Doomforest is uneasy to bear for too long. Others would simply suggest that we don't craft the next overseer hat out of rutile.

PyroTechno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1102 on: June 25, 2015, 01:17:18 pm »

Is it possible to force FBs to attack each other? If it is, can be build a FB death arena?

TechnoXan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1103 on: June 25, 2015, 01:33:53 pm »

The Mechatechno sect

I can edit this later when good quotes come up or there is a change in the sect.

And so it begins...
OPEN THE GATES!

maxcat61

• Bay Watcher
  • SuperMinion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1104 on: June 25, 2015, 01:58:20 pm »

Is it possible to force FBs to attack each other? If it is, can be build a FB death arena?
Yes, FB's attack each other. In fact, 2 of them "fought". That is to say, one of them pushed the other off a cliff, and the one that fell had it's head break.

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1105 on: June 25, 2015, 02:20:33 pm »

This. Right there. This is how this fortress ends.

maxcat61

• Bay Watcher
  • SuperMinion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1106 on: June 25, 2015, 02:52:17 pm »

This. Right there. This is how this fortress ends.
Fixed your spelling for you.

Salmeuk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1107 on: June 25, 2015, 04:06:18 pm »

The Mechatechno sect

I can edit this later when good quotes come up or there is a change in the sect.

Posted.

Anyone else with a cult description? Also I'm going to put myself at the end of the list unless someone wants to jump in first.

maxcat61

• Bay Watcher
  • SuperMinion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1108 on: June 25, 2015, 10:09:58 pm »

I just made it to spring. Do you guys want me to keep going, or pass the save (I only played for 3~4 month dwarf time).

Salmeuk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1109 on: June 25, 2015, 10:17:21 pm »

It's up to you, you still have more than week left. Right?
Pages: 1 ... 72 73 [74] 75 76 ... 144