Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

According to the newest research, what substance is best tasked with reinvorgorating a sleepy thread?

Powdered Sweet Pod
Crushed Mermaid Scale
Elven Bone Marrow
Flaked Adamantine
Ground Unicorn Horn

Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 ... 144

Author Topic: The Hastening of Doomforests  (Read 430576 times)

maxcat61

• Bay Watcher
  • SuperMinion
    • View Profile
Re: The Hastening of Doomforests
« Reply #1110 on: June 25, 2015, 10:24:11 pm »

It's up to you, you still have more than week left. Right?
Yeah, I am going to finish my tower then, and see what happens. I really improved the frame rate by killing all the little animals, so it actually going rather "fast" now (An hour or 2= a month).

Edit: last update before I go to sleep.
Work is slow. The year looks like it is going to be boring, with the exception of the militia dwarfs, who are somehow killing birds from the floors of the tower. Candy processing is operational and optimized. 45 gold blocks are under construction, as well as a ridiculous amount of steel bars. That's all for now.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2015, 10:55:20 pm by maxcat61 »
You can't make an omelette without melting a few dwarves...
The purple overseer hat weights heavily on one's head. Some would argue that the leadership of Doomforest is uneasy to bear for too long. Others would simply suggest that we don't craft the next overseer hat out of rutile.

PyroTechno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1111 on: June 26, 2015, 02:05:43 am »

It's up to you, you still have more than week left. Right?
Yeah, I am going to finish my tower then, and see what happens. I really improved the frame rate by killing all the little animals, so it actually going rather "fast" now (An hour or 2= a month).

Edit: last update before I go to sleep.
Work is slow. The year looks like it is going to be boring, with the exception of the militia dwarfs, who are somehow killing birds from the floors of the tower. Candy processing is operational and optimized. 45 gold blocks are under construction, as well as a ridiculous amount of steel bars. That's all for now.

WE MUST HIRE THE CLOWNS FOR OUR FB DEATH ARENA

TechnoXan

• Bay Watcher
  • Crundles + Kobolds = AWESOME!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1112 on: June 26, 2015, 07:20:22 am »

Glad a militia is up and running, no goat shall ever terrorize us again, no Crundle shall go unprotected, no one shall ever destroy Doomforests!! ::) Could you please give the details on the strength of our brave army?  :D
By the by, if your wondering why I use so many smiley faces, its because I smile a lot when I talk. So I use them here so I don't come off the wrong way.

And so it begins...
OPEN THE GATES!

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #1113 on: June 26, 2015, 08:08:57 am »

I'm going to be gone a while, so stick me at the end of the turn list. I will definitely be able to take my turn when it comes, though.

maxcat61

• Bay Watcher
  • SuperMinion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1114 on: June 26, 2015, 08:44:20 am »

Glad a militia is up and running, no goat shall ever terrorize us again, no Crundle shall go unprotected, no one shall ever destroy Doomforests!! ::) Could you please give the details on the strength of our brave army?  :D
There are 3 squads, 9 dwarfs in each squad: The Marksdwarfs, The Wimps, and the Elder Squad. The Elder Squad was there when I started, and is populated by legendary and master soldiers. The marksdwarfs are just starting training, but I did recruit them out of the local hunters. The Wimps are lead by yours truly, and will be entirely axedwarfs. They are all just about useless. However, when they reach legendary status, I would like some future overseer to rename their squad, and create a new training squad, called The Wimps.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2015, 08:52:17 am by maxcat61 »
The purple overseer hat weights heavily on one's head. Some would argue that the leadership of Doomforest is uneasy to bear for too long. Others would simply suggest that we don't craft the next overseer hat out of rutile.

maxcat61

• Bay Watcher
  • SuperMinion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1115 on: June 26, 2015, 10:50:15 am »

Granite 20th:
Some trolls slip in through the spiked entrance to the caves. One of them killed a leatherworker, but then a legendary swordsdwarf came and kill both of them in an explosion of gore. I am sealing the hole.

Granite 25th:
Another forgotten beast. A Giant Feathered Python that has poisonous secretions. That brings the total amount of FB's to 4 again. I sense much bloodshed in the future, and at the urging of my fellow dwarfs, will try to find a way to "contain" these beasts until a proper disposal method can be found. I have heard that they cannot break down bridges, and like to break furniture.

Slate 1st:
Some elven merchants have arrived.

Slate 11th:
The Elfs leave. They left through the caverns, and let in a small tribe of Troglodytes. TechnoXan got the stuffing beaten out of him, but the militia got there in time. Nothing was broken, but he had bruises all over his body.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2015, 11:26:16 am by maxcat61 »

Salmeuk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1116 on: June 26, 2015, 04:56:36 pm »

The Elfs leave. They left through the caverns, and let in a small tribe of Troglodytes. TechnoXan got the stuffing beaten out of him, but the militia got there in time. Nothing was broken, but he had bruises all over his body.

Are you sure those were elves that came? Something seems a little off about that encounter. . .

PyroTechno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1117 on: June 26, 2015, 06:42:27 pm »

Are you sure those were elves that came? Something seems a little off about that encounter. . .

Dwarves do not differentiate between surface elves and drow. Dwarves hate all elves equally.

maxcat61

• Bay Watcher
  • SuperMinion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1118 on: June 26, 2015, 10:57:56 pm »

Dwarves do not differentiate between surface elves and drow. Dwarves hate all elves equally.
Nah, Drow are ok guys, except for the times when they sacrifice people to their gods in bloody ways, kill anything that approaches them, and build pointless structures for no reasons. Actually, they are just like us, but are a bit taller, and call Armok a different name.

Drazoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Conspiracy intensifies
    • View Profile
« Reply #1119 on: June 27, 2015, 12:09:19 pm »

Wow, a lot has happened while I was away.  Had things to take care of, but they've been dealt with now.  I think that part of the reason for the spider webs was that I cancelled all the jobs for gathering them so that the dwarves would stop doing that and do something useful instead.  Also, Last I checked we had a shit load of cloth, like, enough to make 3 outfits for our entire civ.  Anyway, now that I've returned, it looks like I've got a lot of writing to catch up on.  More later.
Welcome to Doomforests, please, choose a cult of your liking or head to the overseers office to register your own cult. Religious freedom is pride of this fortress!

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #1120 on: June 27, 2015, 02:31:20 pm »

Nah, Drow are ok guys, except for the times when they sacrifice people to their gods in bloody ways, kill anything that approaches them, and build pointless structures for no reasons. Actually, they are just like us, but are a bit taller, and call Armok a different name.

agree
Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane

Drokles

• Bay Watcher
  • Armok hates us unconditionally
    • View Profile
« Reply #1121 on: June 28, 2015, 02:52:09 am »

Doomforests has a functioning military??? I never thought that a sentence including both Doomforests and functioning military could be written in honesty...
On the rare occasions where this fort isnt under siege, wood cutting and hauling is our ultimate priority.

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1122 on: June 28, 2015, 02:56:11 am »

Whenever someone says that everyone dies...

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #1123 on: June 28, 2015, 10:28:35 am »

I'll be gone until Friday July 3rd. I can't take my turn until after that.

mate888

• Bay Watcher
  • [CRAZED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1124 on: June 29, 2015, 03:09:51 pm »

God dammit, I came back too late and I lost my turn.
Well, can I get another one?
My second turn's unnoficial goal was to turn everyone into vampires, and it backfired so bad, I ended up making the fort a more efficient, safer and friendlier place.
Apparently they evolved a taste for everything I love and care about
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 ... 144