Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

According to the newest research, what substance is best tasked with reinvorgorating a sleepy thread?

Powdered Sweet Pod
Crushed Mermaid Scale
Elven Bone Marrow
Flaked Adamantine
Ground Unicorn Horn

Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80 ... 144

Author Topic: The Hastening of Doomforests  (Read 426985 times)

Iamblichos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Hastening of Doomforests
« Reply #1155 on: July 11, 2015, 06:02:21 am »

I can't even begin to imagine how I'm going to stitch myself back into this tattered heap again.  I can't bring back poor old Iamblichos; he fought too hard to get away.  It would be cruel.

Looks like my turn is next, though, so I'll have to think of something.
I'm new to succession forts in general, yes, but do all forts designed by multiple overseers inevitably degenerate into a body-filled labyrinth of chaos and despair like this? Or is this just a Battlefailed thing?

There isn't much middle ground between killed-by-dragon and never-seen-by-dragon.

mate888

• Bay Watcher
  • [CRAZED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1156 on: July 11, 2015, 03:28:41 pm »

Journal of Mate the 888th, Overseer of Doomforests
Nothing interesting happens, but I've decided to send the Constructive Cusps to kill off the dralthas at the spear gate. That way the entrance will be safe for future expeditions into the caverns.
Timber
A new month comes, and I'm still waiting for the squad to grab its stuff and station before the doors so that they can kill the dralthas.
Finally, my emergency heir, along with other three soldiers, enter the speargate and start stabbing the dralthas.
Hm. The wiki bestiary told me that they were more dangerous. They seem like big cows to me. Big, long, hairy, yellow and terrified cows.
One of the dralthas is dead, the other two are escaping throught the cavern door that I thought were closed. Good.
I'll send the yellow cow to be butchered and the soldiers back into the fort. I heard reports from the caverns and I don't want anyone in there for now.
My second turn's unnoficial goal was to turn everyone into vampires, and it backfired so bad, I ended up making the fort a more efficient, safer and friendlier place.
Apparently they evolved a taste for everything I love and care about

Dark One

• Bay Watcher
  • 'What do I care for your suffering?'
    • View Profile
« Reply #1157 on: July 11, 2015, 04:51:29 pm »

Journal of Shorast Strangerways the Craterous Comet of Fields

Advancing within ranks of MechaTechno is quick - maybe too quick; I should be carefull. I'm getting close to finally resolving the matter of mysterious Dark One, and nothing can interrupt me right now.

For many days Shorast tried as hard as he can to advance within the MechaTechno. He attended to all the lectures, studied all the mechanic blueprints he could, helped at alchemists laboratory and trained with scouting forces - slowly becoming much more powerfull. Days have passed while Shorast advanced, which have drawn attention of Master Engineer himself. His hard work payed off in giving Shorast multiple ways of advencement - a scout, alchemists apprentice and lower grade engineer have become a ways to choose. However, before he could choose, Master Engineer decided that such talented member of MechaTechno should be given a special place within the cult, so he could advance in every way possible. Suspicious eyes of crundles tracked him all the time though.

In sparse time Shorast tracked a fiend that have presumably holed up somewhere in caverns. The only thing he could discover were a disturbing presence of unknown origin, and a huge pile of rocks with some kind of an altar on it. There was a huge terimte skull, lying on it as a sacrifice, and kobold bones lying close. Suddenly everything become red, and surroundings appeared to be twice their original size. Shorast felt really small compared to everything around, and something started to grow out of the termite skull - a half burnt, rotten face with eyes glowing ominously. It spoke in a low, gravely voice:

- I SEE YOU, COCKROACH!!!

Then his size went back to norm, but a pile of kobold bones started to shudder and move, whispering:

- This is only beginning!

And falling back on the ground. The earth started to tremble - four rock constructs dug their way up to meet Shorast in a glorious battle. Two of them charged towards the vampire hunter, though he dodged them both, parrying attacks of the other two constructs. Thanks to equipment given scouts, he was prepared for such a battle. After he got lightly wounded, he decided to gather some distance from his opponents. Two well thrown magma bombs were enough to melt the constructs.

This was enough for Shorast to be sure that the fiend in Doomforests is stronger than he thought. He searched all the MechaTechno libraries to find anything regarding Dark One, which wasn't really too much. He spent nights at searching for clues in abandoned chambers, dark, webbed passages and eerie caverns - followed all the times by vary crundle eyes. Shorast couldn't find anything but vague clues, and the only people around the fortress that knew anything about it are either Chief Inquisitor, or Master Engineer. Shorast decided to get back to his dormitory in MechaTechno, then maybe ask out Master Engineer about it. This is a matter of high importance not only for Doomforests, but whole world.

On the way, Shorast could see all the crundles following, watching him silently. Suddenly he stumbled upon a robed dwarf, seemingly waiting for him. As vampire hunter approaches the mysterious fellow, he hears:

- You're Shorast?

Shorast nods.

- You should talk with Chief Inquisitor!

Though the man was whispering, masses of crundles gathered around. The robed dwarf drawn his steel short sword, and called out for help. A group of robed dwarves gather quickly, while alpha crundles prepare to charge. The dwarf screams:

- GO BACK TO HEADQUARTERS! RUN!!!

The group takes a defensive stance, hoping to survive enough for Shorast to run away. The only thing he could do was to run away, trying to safely reach inquisition headquarters.

mate888

• Bay Watcher
  • [CRAZED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1158 on: July 11, 2015, 08:56:16 pm »

-snip-
*Mate is thinking about fortress micromanaging and draltha pies when his acolytes run into his office with Shorast.*
-Ah! Shorast! My favourite Nifih worshipper!
*He looks at the acolytes*
-Restrain him, tie him into a chair, blindfold him and bring him downstairs. Make sure he doesn't harm himself! We don't know what that evil godess would do with a corpse, but I'd rather not risk it. Knock him unconcious if necessary. I'll go check on the fort and then I'll go downstairs to talk to him.
*He then looks at Shorast, the human is looking at him with anger and disbelief*
-Ah, Shorast... We have so much to talk about. *He knocks him down with a hit in the head*

Joural of Mate the 888th, Overseer of Doomforests
Well, after that zealoty moment to remind myselfr that I am the Chief Inquisitor of this place, I've decided to go and check on how the soldiers are doing and--WHAT THE FUCK!?
I TOLD YOU NOT TO KILL THE DRALTHAS, LET THEM LEAVE, SECURE THE GATES AND GO BACK YOU IDIOTHASObhlghalghsaoñklhfialoghsjalkñODGBJHBJOLKHJKL*the rest of the page is illegible*
Ah, well, after recovering from that... Er... Slight tantrum... I have to point out that both my emergency heir and Shaped Whispers are chasing the two remaining dralthas out, but they are too stupid to notice that they are being lured into the deepest caves, and the things living there give me no desire to have anyone, especially anyone from my family, living there.
Well, false alarm guys, Mate the 892nd quickly came to his senses and just stabbed the poor thing in the head before leading Shaped Whispers back into the fortress.
Meanwhile, our marksdwarves at the tower practice dodging, and the fort slowly goes back to normal.
Also, I feel inclined to ask some of the more wiser members of the fort on a way to kill Ber, the vampire (if that's his real name) without collapsing the roof on top of him (as that's impossible, seeing where is he incarcerated. Maybe I should burn him with magma, but I don't know how to do it without killing the poor bloke who goes down to dig the hot wall, and probably without flooding the jail with Armok's blood.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mate the 888th, His Overseeing Holiness, cancels eating: Interrupted by corpse.
Could you guys please!? It's hard enough to get apetite in this fortress without having a corpse literally behind the armokdamn table!
It's not so hard, there's a coffin reserved for him alredy, and his ghost is LITERALLY screaming at my face as i write it! It's really annoying!
((OOC: Also, as I was really bored, I took the liberty of searching for all of real Mate's and totally not the original Mate's dead unnamed relatives and renamed them to "Mate the randomnumber st/nd/rd/th", are you okay with it? Also, Kronk, if you are reading this, you are my grandpa)).

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Why? Why why why why WHY!?
I didn't give any orders, you had alredy turned back into civilians and you had no reason for...
Ugh, you know what? Fine. You better spend your soldier time training, and you better turn into a badass fighting force after this.
((OOC: I'll ask for help now, mostly because it's been a long time since I last played and I'm a massive noob. So... How do you dispose prisioners, that is, how do you throw caged things into the magma? I'm in need of some sacrifices)).

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*Mate stops witing on his journal and rests on the chair when Taupe, the aptly named mad doctor, enters his office*.
-Chief Inquisitor, I've heard of your vision of Nifih.
-Do those assholes know what "complete and total confidentiality" means!?
-Do you trust confidentiality upon other dwarves?
-Good point. Now what do you want, old friend?
-You being the chief inquisitor of this fort, have to know the truth of this world, that that vision both got close and far from you.
-What are you talking about, Taupe?
-I say, that I managed to get some journals, archives and reports of old from the cave elves that came to trade with us last spring. Some of them of elvish, goblin, human and dwarven origin, but most of them taken from the tribes of reptile, amphibian, serpent and cave fishmen living both deep down below and near and inside of Datetattooed.
-Animalmen don't write, Taupe.
-Just... Bear with me, allright? The thing is, I now know what is going on. I know of the secret war happening hidden from us, and I know that we must interfere, not only for the good of the fort, but for the good of the world!
-...I'm interested... Continue.
-The planet is secretly controlled by an undercover race of alien illuminati demonic reptilians.
-...What?
-Man, I wish I was making this up.
"This is the real hidden story behind everything.
"Nifih is an ordinary goddess, like many others. HOWEVER a very badass reptilian demon-fiend vampire managed to impersonate her as an avatar, and convince a bunch of people to sell him his soul. You can probably guess when this happened. This is at the exact same time the Cathedral of Beauty in Datetattooed became a corrupt place used to create more vampires. Nifih is actually pretty dumb, and keeps cursing whoemever defiles her chapel, unaware that an impostor lizardman is using her power to fuel a secret race of vampiric serpents, vampiric lizards, vampiric reptiles, and vampire fishmen, to acquire blood-sucking powers.
"The vampires and cultists are convinced they serve a godly being, but in truth they are just very power-fueled members of a decoy cult led by a charlatan.
-...This...
-Before you say anything, I heard about your vision, and no, that was not Nifih, it was the demon taking her shape, and although he desires to destroy men, goblin and dwarf, he does not wish to kill them, but to turn them into bloodsucking monsters, killing off all the opposition. And we are the opposition. Every worshipper of that lizard-devil is influenced by him, and that human you so not subtly captured and took downstairs is no exeption. If you kill him, his body will return for us while his soul goes to hell, to be one more of the demon's infinite army. You have to tell him the truth, or he will succumb to him and die.
-...Taupe... When people started calling you a "Mad Doctor", I tought it was a joke. Now I see that you are, in fact, insane. Go get some rest.
-But...
-GET OUT OF MY SIGHT, I SAY!
*As Taupe leaves, Mate starts writing down everything that Taupe told him*

((OOC: Taupe PM'ed me with this, and this is actually what is going on. As legends mode say. So now we know the truth of the world. Or at least Taupe knows.
Kudos to Toady and ThreeToe, though, for creating a game capable of random-generating the Illuminati.))
My second turn's unnoficial goal was to turn everyone into vampires, and it backfired so bad, I ended up making the fort a more efficient, safer and friendlier place.

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1159 on: July 11, 2015, 09:24:07 pm »

Send the vampire to open the magma thing?

((OOC: Taupe PM'ed me with this, and this is actually what is going on. As legends mode say. So now we know the truth of the world. Or at least Taupe knows.
Kudos to Toady and ThreeToe, though, for creating a game capable of random-generating the Illuminati.))
I've known this since a long time ago, but it was such a dumb and improbable conclusion that I felt it needed some time before it was revealed. Mate888th leading an inquisition seemed like a good enough way to introduce the idea.

Yup. You read that right. The 4% of americans who believe the world is secretly controlled by super-powered reptilians under disguise puppeting the government are actually in the right, as far as the world of Doomforests is concerned.

A powerful being tricked the humans into believing he is in fact one of their godesses walking the earth. Because he settled in the Cathedral of Beauty in Datetatooed, which is a holy site of Nifih commissioned by the last of her true priest, after the city was trashed by werebeasts for the like 15th time. Whether the location is a coincidence, or the impostor chose to reveal himself there is a mystery. The impostor fiend is recruiting amidst the ranks of the reptilian, fish, lizard, snake, and whatever men living underneath Datetattooed, which as you may remember is essentially tristram: a cursed chapel under which endless sewers, crypts and catacomb spiral out. The vampire reptilians are living there, and apparently their newborn, along with some standart-race characters, are tricked into joining the cult. It's an easy mistake to make, really. Nifih is associated with beasts and fertility, so it would make sence that the reptilian races would willingly flock to her sacred place for worship. As for humans and dwarves, remember that the human lands have been plagued with a Van-Helsing level of horror. Their lands are simply crawling with werebeasts and strange fiends, and the national hobby is ''trying to rebuild the destroyed remains of their civilisation''. Given the horrors they face, it makes sence that some would choose to join the cult of ''Nifih'', hoping the goddess will protect them from beasts, and allow their villages to prosper.

There is but one, ironic twist to the story: the ritual to join the cult profanes the ancient cathedral, and thus every high-ranking member of this absurdly improbable sect is turned into a blood-sucker by the original owner of the temple. Endless vampires.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2015, 09:41:39 pm by Taupe »

mate888

• Bay Watcher
  • [CRAZED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1160 on: July 11, 2015, 11:20:48 pm »

Well, that solves the mistery of the infinite vampire generator.
It also opens one thousand other misteries, but oh well.

Shorast is now restrained in the volcanic jail. Meanwhile, the last ghost has been put to rest, just as another corpse is found, right in the middle of Old Doomforests. Great.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

You know nature hates you when buzzards fly at you trying to scratch your eyes out. Poor Drokles.
Also, you know that some animals are stupid when you see a random buzzard attacking everything that moves until its hacked to death by a woodworker.
Holy mother of Armok why are so many buzzards underground and why are they so vicious!?

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Well...
We are out of seeds.
Or the dwarves are too stupid to bring them to the farms.
Either way, I think we should start panicking by now.
Meanwhile, our only macedwarf is still recovering. Do we even have any crutches?
No we don't. We don't even have (or atleast I can't find) a carpenter's shop. I'll dig one up in the crafts zone.
Well, we have three beasties down in the caverns.
Good for them, I don't think of going down there any time soon, and I doubt they'll ever find a way into here, will they?
Oh good.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

The evil bird jumped on the bridge that goes over the caverns and started walking into the ladders that lead into the fort, but when a hauler came by, the thing made usage of its best bird instincts and...
Flew away.
I still don't trust it.
I see it there, from the bridge, scratching Atville's gate with its little bird beak...
Everyone must stay inside until the bird leaves or battle is inevitable.
Doomforests must prevail.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Will the evil bird thing be able to break into Astville?
Will our brave dwarves be able to stop the monster before it's too late?
Will an epic battle ensue on Astville... Again?
Or will Astville serve as a path for the monsters to enter into main Doomforests and kill everyone... Again?
Find that out in the next installment of Doomforests!
Coming tomorrow because I have to sleep.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2015, 11:31:24 pm by mate888 »

Drazoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Conspiracy intensifies
    • View Profile
« Reply #1161 on: July 12, 2015, 12:53:44 pm »

God damn this place is weird.  Now I need to figure out legends mode.  As a side note,i have an idea for a potential DoomForests sequel in mind now.   
Welcome to Doomforests, please, choose a cult of your liking or head to the overseers office to register your own cult. Religious freedom is pride of this fortress!

mate888

• Bay Watcher
  • [CRAZED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1162 on: July 12, 2015, 01:24:29 pm »

Well, a door has been placed between the caverns full of bird demons and the stairway to Astville.
The only problem is that the door is made out of glass, but I guess that will stop him. I mean, he's a bird, what's the worst that could happen?
In other news, I built a memorial hall for the legendary Ast, founder, protector and eventual destroyer of Atville, and noticed that the hospital in Astville was inaccessible because the doors into it were forbidden.
Why am I the first to notice that?
((OOC: Hah! Do you think you can make me stop playing you, game? I've played League of Legends games with less than that! THOU SHALT NOT STOP ME!))

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Pencil Art mandated us to build three ballista arrows. But they were alredy there so nothing happened.
In other news, we made a crutch for our macedwarf, but nobody wants to bring it to him...
Teamwork at its best.

Nothing important has happened apart from this
That's sad. Now the only survivors of the days of Taupe are Taupe himself and Smuntsu.
We don't know what happened to the Engraver Guy, but in doubt, the dwarf's probably dead.
Also, I tracked down all the members of the house of Mate that died on this fort.
And there are a lot.
May their souls rest in Armok's grace.
((OOC: This are the dead unnamed relatives of Mate the 888th, so no named dwarf has been renamed))

I ordered the caged goblins (exept by Smuntsu) to be executed. That'll teach them not to be evil green pagans.
And... They don't do anything, and I don't know wich lever is meant to set them free, so I'll have to pull all the levers.
In other news...
Guess evil monsters don't get along with each other.
And, in classic Doomforests spirit, the problems of the fort kill eachother, in this case breathing toxic smoke and kicking eachother.
An epic battle ensues. The eyeless cuckoo grabs the hairy crab and takes it into the air, kicking it with the other foot and breathing vapor into it while the crab desperately cuts it with its pincer.
Eventually, the crab manages to free itself from the bird by cutting its toes off. The crab falls to the floor and lands in a cage trap.
The bird attacks again, throwing the crab in the air, making it loose its trunk, but the crab is still somehow alive.
The trunkless crab climbs into the wall and kicks one of the bird's leg, making it explode in gore.
The beasts bite, snatck, shake and kick eachother endlessly, as the residents of Astville hear and see throught the doors and small cracks on the walls. An epic battle, wich may result in one dead and one severely wounded beast, wich could be easily killed off by our soldiers, to make the caves a little bit safer.
Now the bird, fed up of the crab, bites it in the foot, shakes it around and throws it aganist the cavern wall. As it falls, stunned, the bird falls on it with its feet, making its body explode in gore.
I'll wait for the beast to calm down and send the army for it.
This will be a hard battle. But we must win it. The last thing we need is one giant bird that breathes poisonous smoke in so close to Astville, with the only thing separating them being three doors, of wich one is made out of glass.
The main squad will be baptized by fire...
Next time!
THE BIRD BROKE THE DOOR! REPEAT THE BEAST BROKE THE DOOR! EVERYONE RUN! BRING IN THE ARMY! THE MARKSDWARVES! EVERYONE! WE MUST NOT LET THE THING PASS!
It's on the bridge! LOCK THE DOORS!
IT'S TRYING TO GET INTO OLD DOOMFORESTS! DON'T LET IT GET THROUGH!
The second battle for Astville has begun.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2015, 05:17:02 pm by mate888 »

Dark One

• Bay Watcher
  • 'What do I care for your suffering?'
    • View Profile
« Reply #1163 on: July 12, 2015, 03:55:49 pm »

Darkness, and then a sudden flash. Shorast awakes blindfolded and tied to a chair in some kind of a jail chamber. All he could do was to wait, praying to Nifih so she could help him in this perilous situation. After a few hours or so, the doors to chamber open and Shorast hears footsteps.

- Shorast! Now, you'll tell me every....

Dwarven speech gets suddenly interrupted by a strange, loud shrieking noise. Ties and blindfolds seem to disintegrate, while Nifih itself descends down to help her champion. Her sight is impossible to behold for the vampire hunter, but this doesn't stop him. The dwarf that spoke to him was the Chief Inquisitor himself, he screams:

- NIFIH! FEEL THE POWER OF ARMOK'S DISCIPLES! FEEL THE GOD'S OF BLOOD WRATH!!!!

The dwarf assumes a defensive stance, while walls start to bleed. The blood forms swirls of blood, surrounding dwarf's limbs and giving him protection. Chief Inquisitor quickly gathers in power receiving another blessing from his god - Armok's Wrath, a holy warhammer encrusted with gems of unknown origin. The artifact looks like it weilds untold powers.

Nifih looks unimpressed however, and equips Shorast with gear of highest quality - an axe made out of material unknown even to ancient animalmen tribes. There is a lizard man engraved on the blade. Shorast receives also a full armor made out of black material holding unknown properties. Next, Nifih opens a portal and three lizardmen walk out of it - two of them equipped with spears, while third is looking like a powerfull sorcerer.

With last curses from Chief Inquisitor, and silence from Shorast's side, the battle begins. Mate the 888th charges towards shorast, striking with his powerfull warhammer. However, the shot is quickly blocked with a black shield. The strike is powerfull enough to produce a huge dent in the metal, however the shield quickly gets back to it's shape which confuses the old dwarf.

Shorast using the situation decides to strike with all the force he has, hacking away most of Chief Inquisitors bloody armor, weaking it severely. His axe got a little bit blunt while doing so, however. Chief Inquisitor counterattacks with mighty force, breaking the shield in half, and making it unable to regenerate.

This won't stop Shorast who quickly strikes back, but Chief Inquisitor finds it easy to parry it with his holy warhammer. The dwarf quickly charges at unprepared human, but somehow he manages to dodge the attack. Before Chief Inquisitor turns back, Shorast strikes at his legs, hacking away whole his bloody armor, though breaking his axe in the process. Inquisitor took whole force of the attack and falls on the ground, dropping his warhammer.

Shorast quickly tries to take it from the ground, but dwarf quickly scrambled to it, trying to take it out of humans hands. Suddenly air turns heavy around Shorast, and blood seems to flow within his armor, considerably slowing him down - Armok decided to help his champion in unfair fight! Both Nifih and lizard men stare at Shorast despisingly.

Chief Inquisitor quickly stands up and pries the warhammer out of vampire hunters hands, giving him also a good kick, and sending him flying. The human hit the wall and become unconscious. At this sight Nifih decided to leave the fool on his own, and escapes with lizardmen through a portal opened before.

Chief Inquisitor decides to use this situation and deal with Shorast once and for all, all of this while keeping silence unusuall for him. He comes closer to the unconscious human, holding his warhammer in the air menacingly. All the surrounding blood gets quickly sucked into the warhammer, imbuing it with magical power.

As he is ready to deal the final blow, the chamber is surrounded by void with clouds of miasma spreading out of it. Chief Inquisitor and unconscious Shorast found themselves standing on the floor, surrounded by walls that lacked any density and lost all their properties whatsoever.

Clouds of foul miasma filled the air, made it hard to breathe. A long, horrifying shriek appeared out of nowhere, fillin Chief Inquisitors heart with fear, which quickly turned out into a burning rage!

- COME HERE YOU ROTTING BASTARD!!!! SHOW YOURSELF DARK ONE!!! SHOW YOURSELF!!!!!

His screams were listened, and a dark figure arouse on the edge of reality, miasma and void. The floor started to tremble, and lots of mysterious figures appeared.

- I HAVE YOU!!!!

Dark One furiously charges at Mate the 888th with a jagged, curved dagger encrusted with black gems, but he stumbles over his own leg, hitting floor with his face. Being undead and not feeling anything, Dark One quickly stands up and assumes a defensive stance.

Chief Inquisitor charges at the robed dwarven corpse with his warhammer, and hits him in the left arm. Warhammer powered up with blood releases a powerfull blast, severing the arm from Dark One's torso! The attack seemed to anger him even more however. Dark One tries to strike with his dagger again, but Chief Inquisitor jumps back, closer to unconscious Shorast.

The undead dwarf notices the man lying on the floor, and with one gesture drains whole of his life force, regenerating his arm in the process! Then, with another gesture he makes the body explode with great force, almost knocking Mate on the ground. This was enough to make Mate even more furious.

The old dwarf finally decides to end the miserable un-life of Dark One, giving a prayer to Armok and accumulating power. Before the corpse can react, he quickly releases a powerfull wave of magma, covering everything but Mate, and burning it to ashes. Dark One screams in agony while dissolving in Armok's holy blood. Everything melts - Shorast's remains, floor, even the void itself. Darkness, and then a flash.

Armok brough Mate 888th back into the jail chamber with piles of ash that once were Dark One and Shorast. Then, the Chief Inquisitor gets back to headquarters, leaves Armok's Wrath in display case and gets out to his quarter, so he could finally rest. The last words he said were:

- Those fuc***g zealots!

Spoiler: OOC (click to show/hide)

mate888

• Bay Watcher
  • [CRAZED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1164 on: July 12, 2015, 05:23:52 pm »

Damn. RIP Dark One. I really wanted to talk Shorast out of his evilness, but I can't just ignore a post like that, especially one in wich I look so badass.
I'll rp about that later. As well as posting the battle aganist the cuckoo.
Spoiler: Why the hell not (click to show/hide)
On the item there is an image of Mate the 888th Lorbammegid Azisilral holding a warhammer.
The "artwork" reletes to the killing of the undead dwarf Dark One and the human Shorast somethingsomething the Comet of something by the dwarf Mate the 888th Azisilral in the autmun of 1062.
The item menaces with spikes of black ink and paper.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2015, 07:29:36 pm by mate888 »

Salmeuk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1165 on: July 13, 2015, 04:11:33 am »

wow, 2 fps? nice updates despite that! There might come a time in the near future when Doomforests is retired for good, and on that topic:

God damn this place is weird.  Now I need to figure out legends mode.  As a side note,i have an idea for a potential DoomForests sequel in mind now.

Let us know, we could pre-stack the turn list with players from this game. I imagine we would want to use the same world, what with Nifih and her vampire cults. Hell, that way we would find our old named dwarfs migrating along with the threshers and fisherdwarves.

Mate, did you still need help pitting creatures / figuring out the military alerts screen?

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1166 on: July 13, 2015, 05:31:00 am »

lets rexlaim daetatooed using masterwork.

unkind

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1167 on: July 13, 2015, 06:33:40 am »

had to finally post after reading all 78 pages, you guys are awesome, great writing!

Iamblichos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1168 on: July 13, 2015, 07:32:23 am »

So Mate, what season are you on?  And with all this talk of succession forts, is there going to be a next turn, or should I just sign up for the succession fort?  :D
I'm new to succession forts in general, yes, but do all forts designed by multiple overseers inevitably degenerate into a body-filled labyrinth of chaos and despair like this? Or is this just a Battlefailed thing?

There isn't much middle ground between killed-by-dragon and never-seen-by-dragon.

Drazoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Conspiracy intensifies
    • View Profile
« Reply #1169 on: July 13, 2015, 09:51:23 am »

wow, 2 fps? nice updates despite that! There might come a time in the near future when Doomforests is retired for good, and on that topic:

Let us know, we could pre-stack the turn list with players from this game. I imagine we would want to use the same world, what with Nifih and her vampire cults. Hell, that way we would find our old named dwarfs migrating along with the threshers and fisherdwarves.

Mate, did you still need help pitting creatures / figuring out the military alerts screen?

My idea was to have a group of dwarven settlers go to DateTatooed and conquer/cleanse it.  I'd want DoomForests to fall first though, as my idea was to have one of the Drazoths lead this expedition out of vengeance for DoomForests/ the death of D3 or whichever brother is here at the time. 
Welcome to Doomforests, please, choose a cult of your liking or head to the overseers office to register your own cult. Religious freedom is pride of this fortress!
Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80 ... 144