Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

According to the newest research, what substance is best tasked with reinvorgorating a sleepy thread?

Powdered Sweet Pod
Crushed Mermaid Scale
Elven Bone Marrow
Flaked Adamantine
Ground Unicorn Horn

Pages: 1 ... 79 80 [81] 82 83 ... 144

Author Topic: The Hastening of Doomforests  (Read 426861 times)

mate888

• Bay Watcher
  • [CRAZED]
    • View Profile
Re: The Hastening of Doomforests
« Reply #1200 on: July 20, 2015, 01:42:10 pm »

Journal of Mate the 888th, Overseer of Doomforests
Well, given the relative peacefulness of the fortess, I'll just take my time to plan the upper levels of the temple (wich will be shaped like a colosseum), train the soldiers, execute more troglodytes and crundles and try to find a way to effectively kill the vampire.
Ah, I love peace and tranquility... The kind of wich can't be interrupted by--
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
OH ARMOK WHY!?
IT CAME FROM THE CAVERNS AND NOBODY NOTICED A GIANT FUCKING SPIDER FROM HELL CLIMBING ALL THOSE LADDERS! IT'S ON THE TUNNEL WE USE TO CAPTURE CRUNDLES! WE HAVE ONE WOORWORKER DOWN AND AN ANIMAL CARETAKER STANDING STILL THERE! CALL IN THE ARMY! OH ARMOK ALMIGHTY WHY ME?! WHY IN MY REIGN!?
THIKUT! IT'S NOT TIME FOR YOUR "OVERWHELMED BY HORROR" SHENANIGANS! RUN!
It... Bit her head so hard it made it explode... Then used its poison to soften her flesh and ate her... I remember Taupe's stories about the giant snail behading dwarves in one hit...
We must not let it reach the fortress.
One of our fighters came too early and fought the beast.
He was brave, but in the end he was brutally mangled.
I'll lock the door to the tunnel. It's made of glass, but it may stop the beast enough for the rest of the army to come in or, in the worst case scenario, to evacuate New Doomforests, send the people to Old Doomforests and Asville and seal everything downstairs. Leave the crundleshaggers in their caverns, abandon our rooms, artifacts and gold and flee with our lives.
The door has been locked, our mortally wounded soldier and a peasant were locked with the monster and our soldiers are ordered to station near the door, to either kill the beast or distract it long enough time for the rest of the fort to escape upstairs.
The beast shoots strand after strand of webbing to the terrified peasant, but does not get close to her.
We expect the beast to kill her after playing with her, like a cat would do with a mouse, but the peasant, Vutok, in a fit of insanity bravery, pulls the webs away, and screaming a terrifying war cry, charges at the beast, trying to kill it with her bare hands.
Her bravery can never be bested. Only her results, as she was kicked away and stomped to death.
Thankfully, the spider seems to be unable to break things tougher than a dwarven skull, such as glass.
And so, the soldiers form in one side of the door and the beast in the other, seeing eachother throught the green glass. Waiting for each other's death.
The waiting game has begun.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2015, 02:11:09 pm by mate888 »
My second turn's unnoficial goal was to turn everyone into vampires, and it backfired so bad, I ended up making the fort a more efficient, safer and friendlier place.
Apparently they evolved a taste for everything I love and care about

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1201 on: July 20, 2015, 01:53:02 pm »

They brought a woodcutter with his head shattered into bits.

-Oh dear...
-We put the smaller parts in this jar, doctor!
-I... I can't heal that...

Armok save us all, it's happening again. The doctor ran to his quarters, and locked the door.

mate888

• Bay Watcher
  • [CRAZED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1202 on: July 20, 2015, 02:06:19 pm »

Shit just got real.
And in the beginning of winter holydays, so I have more time to panic and flail as the only thing that protects us from the beast is a glass door and the two soldiers who aren't too lazy to walk up to the gates.
My second turn's unnoficial goal was to turn everyone into vampires, and it backfired so bad, I ended up making the fort a more efficient, safer and friendlier place.

TechnoXan

• Bay Watcher
  • Crundles + Kobolds = AWESOME!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1203 on: July 20, 2015, 04:53:25 pm »

The thoughts of Fido, Master Mecha Crundle

Hmm. Friend TechnoXan left to talk with the Inquisition. I worry. Crazy Dwarfs kill anything that doesn't worship their false god of blood. Hmm.

Hmm oh no. Good this not is. It seems a monstrous spider bug is in our caverns. Bad the situation is. Hmm. Patrols evacuated everyone in the caverns they did. Fourteen Crundles and eight Good Dwarfs, killed they were. I have sealed all entrances to Haven. Haven safe. Safe Friend TechnoXan is not. Hmm. I worry more now. Friend TechnoXan hates spider bugs.

Hmm. I think more of big spider bug. What of the rest of the Dwarf fortress I wonder? They dead? They live? Hmmmmmmmm.

OOC: Sorry if the writing is confusing. I had to make him sound like Yoda, I had no choice.   :P.                I am using him as the Journal/Codex while TechnoXan (the dwarf) is away.
By the by, if your wondering why I use so many smiley faces, its because I smile a lot when I talk. So I use them here so I don't come off the wrong way.

And so it begins...
OPEN THE GATES!

Iamblichos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1204 on: July 20, 2015, 05:44:26 pm »

I see.  I see how it's going to be.  You barf up this shitshow and then hand it over to me.

Fine.

You'll get yours, my pretty, just wait and see.
I'm new to succession forts in general, yes, but do all forts designed by multiple overseers inevitably degenerate into a body-filled labyrinth of chaos and despair like this? Or is this just a Battlefailed thing?

There isn't much middle ground between killed-by-dragon and never-seen-by-dragon.

mate888

• Bay Watcher
  • [CRAZED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1205 on: July 20, 2015, 06:33:40 pm »

Journal of Mate the 888th, Overseer of Doomforests
And so it begins...
OPEN THE GATES!
Mate the 892nd charges throught the door!
The spider webs him and many others!
It's raising its foot!
No!
NO!
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
HE'S KILLING EVERYONE! RUN!
This...
This is all my fault...
The beast was unable to break the door. Now I opened it for it.
I... I doomed the fort.
No. This shall not stand! Those brave dwarves won't be sacrificed in vain! While they fight, try to seal that hallway, that floor, I don't know, just SEAL IT! EVACUATE THE LOWER LEVELS, EVERY DWARF IN THE JAILS OR THE LOWER FARMS IS BY HIMSELF NOW!

I order all hallways to be sealed. I don't know if they will be able to lock them all.
ShapedWhispers is dead, the beast was hit quite hard by a marksdwarf using my fallen heir's spear, but the beast is still standing, and there's not enough dwarves to end the beast.
This is the end.

Fellow Doomforesters. I failed you. I let a beast enter this fortress, I let it kill our soldiers and civilians, and I let it destroy our fort. We can only pray and wait until the end now. We will-- Wait, what?
YES!
Oh no.
Yep. He's dead.
YOU! BYSTANDERS! YES, YOU, SENSHUKEN IV (although you alredy were in the squad, you are just lazy), ETHAN, SKAIA, DRAZOTH, SAKZUL, VUTOK, OLIN AND TUN! GO JUMP OVER THAT BEAST UNTIL IT DIES!
Tun is dead.
Ethan is dead.
Senshuken IV is standing there doing nothing while the real dwarves die.
Drazoth III is dead.
Senshuken is dead.
Skaia is dead.
Sakzul is dead.
Olin is dead.
Vutok is dead.
Sakzul is dead.

The entrance to the magma jails and the main fort is sealed. But there was no way to seal the ladder that leads to the underfarm.
Taupe, Drokles, another dwarf and a llama are trapped in there. Taupe thought he would be safe if he locked himself inside with his closest friends and a llama, and now he is going to die. He was a good dwarf and--
Oh crap.
Taupe, you are the luckiest dwarf in the world.
In contrast, we are the unluckiest dwarves in the world.
The beast doesn't go down but instead it goes up, into the main fort, finding and attacking an architect ((that would be you, Dark One)).
I ordered hallways to be sealed, Smuntsu will be abandoned, the farms with Taupe and Drokles and the jails with the vampire, too, but the fort will be saved.
Wait.
As I say that, a mason and a sworddwarf charge at the beast. The mason breaks the beast's legs with a pick while the sworddwarf blocks the attacks.
The mason got killed, but we still have a soldier fighting the beast, wich may be our last hope.
The soldier is dead. There's no hope left.
Wait, what!?
As the dwarves, hunting giant bats and llamas escape, as the doctor and managers hide and pray, a spider breathes its last, a dwarven peasant rises, covered in blood, and the Doomforesters cheer:
"Nil! Nil! Nil! Nil!"
The beast is dead.
The torment is over.
Doomforests is still standing.
As the dwarves mourn their loved ones, doors are unlocked, heroes are praised and Taupe scavanges the corpses, I look into the sky roof, and shed a tear.
My emergency heir is dead, along with many of my friends. But the fortress is safe. Again narrowly escaping from catastrophe.
For we are dwarves, and Nifih, the lizard-demons, the greenskins or whoever is aganist us will have to try harder in order to defeat us.
Doomforests will prevail.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2015, 04:27:01 pm by mate888 »

Iamblichos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1206 on: July 20, 2015, 07:36:47 pm »

Sanctumcoal sends its love.

Wow.  Just wow.  Truly an epic Doomforests moment.  Well done sir, well done indeed.
I'm new to succession forts in general, yes, but do all forts designed by multiple overseers inevitably degenerate into a body-filled labyrinth of chaos and despair like this? Or is this just a Battlefailed thing?

There isn't much middle ground between killed-by-dragon and never-seen-by-dragon.

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1207 on: July 20, 2015, 08:22:25 pm »

It's raising its foot!
No!
NO!
Chapter 15, in which doomforests is atacked by Chuck Norris.

Ps, found the year synopsis.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2015, 08:26:36 pm by Taupe »

TechnoXan

• Bay Watcher
  • Crundles + Kobolds = AWESOME!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1208 on: July 20, 2015, 08:28:08 pm »

Holy crap mate 888! That was AWESOME!!  :) Bravo on all of it, writing and playing is great!  ;) :D

Oh and could you post the total population and all the important Dwarfs that died please?  :)
« Last Edit: July 20, 2015, 08:41:07 pm by TechnoXan »
By the by, if your wondering why I use so many smiley faces, its because I smile a lot when I talk. So I use them here so I don't come off the wrong way.

And so it begins...
OPEN THE GATES!

Drazoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Conspiracy intensifies
    • View Profile
« Reply #1209 on: July 20, 2015, 11:08:48 pm »

Nicely done!  Good thing the Real Drazoth 3 was away.  Name a migrant in the next wave as Drazoth 3, the real one.
Welcome to Doomforests, please, choose a cult of your liking or head to the overseers office to register your own cult. Religious freedom is pride of this fortress!

mate888

• Bay Watcher
  • [CRAZED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1210 on: July 21, 2015, 12:09:22 am »

Holy crap mate 888! That was AWESOME!!  :) Bravo on all of it, writing and playing is great!  ;) :D

Oh and could you post the total population and all the important Dwarfs that died please?  :)
87 dwarves are still alive, all dead important dwarves were named, but they are ShapedWhispers, SkaiaMechanic II, Senshuken IV, Drazoth III, Dark One, Ethan and my emergency heir, Mate the 892nd.
Nicely done!  Good thing the Real Drazoth 3 was away.  Name a migrant in the next wave as Drazoth 3, the real one.
>.>
Yeah, sure, he was a false Drazoth...
We'll see when (IF) more migrants come. Otherwise, I'll just name a random dwarf after you.
Also, guess we will have a Senshuken V in this fort.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2015, 11:58:01 am by mate888 »

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1211 on: July 21, 2015, 12:15:44 am »

Also the answer to ''wonder which forgotten beast will kill this new senshuken'' came pretty quickly.

Senshuken

• Bay Watcher
  • Defend till the end.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1212 on: July 21, 2015, 05:11:12 am »

It's fine. From the sounds of it Senshuken the Fourth was a worthless pile of elf crap in the end.

Hopefully Senshuken the Fifth (Anyone else notice that Senshuken seems to be a popular name?) will be less of a disappointment and do Senshuken the 1st, 2nd and 3rd proud.
Cause every silver lining has a cloud, and it won't be alright on the night; There's nothing at the end of the rainbow and there's a tunnel at the end of the light!

mate888

• Bay Watcher
  • [CRAZED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1213 on: July 21, 2015, 11:57:34 am »

It's fine. From the sounds of it Senshuken the Fourth was a worthless pile of elf crap in the end.

Hopefully Senshuken the Fifth (Anyone else notice that Senshuken seems to be a popular name?) will be less of a disappointment and do Senshuken the 1st, 2nd and 3rd proud.
I'll see where should I put you in now. I'm running out of soldiers to name after you.

Iamblichos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1214 on: July 21, 2015, 02:45:28 pm »

(Anyone else notice that Senshuken seems to be a popular name?)

Beats Urist  :)

Pages: 1 ... 79 80 [81] 82 83 ... 144