Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

According to the newest research, what substance is best tasked with reinvorgorating a sleepy thread?

Powdered Sweet Pod
Crushed Mermaid Scale
Elven Bone Marrow
Flaked Adamantine
Ground Unicorn Horn

Pages: 1 ... 104 105 [106] 107 108 ... 144

Author Topic: The Hastening of Doomforests  (Read 426855 times)

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile
Re: The Hastening of Doomforests
« Reply #1575 on: September 25, 2015, 07:26:52 pm »

http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=11160

So I slept 3 hours tonight. I'm tired. Here's your save, with both Gwolfsky's and my year completed. I'll post the summerfall+winter wrap-up tomorrow when I'm not a mental wreck.

exodius1

• Bay Watcher
  • [ALMOST_HOLLOW]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1576 on: September 25, 2015, 07:33:01 pm »

http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=11160

So I slept 3 hours tonight. I'm tired. Here's your save, with both Gwolfsky's and my year completed. I'll post the summerfall+winter wrap-up tomorrow when I'm not a mental wreck.

Sleep well.

So, who wants to PM Pyro? Not me, that is for sure, as I am not even certain if he was the one asking for a turn before me-.-
It wasn't intended for you to go insane both in character and out of character.

Drazoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Conspiracy intensifies
    • View Profile
« Reply #1577 on: September 25, 2015, 11:11:12 pm »

I'll collect all the turn requests in my next post, as well as put in some RP.  I am the only one, or does anyone else think this fort needs a tvtropes page?
Welcome to Doomforests, please, choose a cult of your liking or head to the overseers office to register your own cult. Religious freedom is pride of this fortress!

exodius1

• Bay Watcher
  • [ALMOST_HOLLOW]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1578 on: September 25, 2015, 11:25:08 pm »

I'll collect all the turn requests in my next post, as well as put in some RP.  I am the only one, or does anyone else think this fort needs a tvtropes page?

Speaking of RP, I feel that we may be in somewhat similar camp... care to join forces? I swear I will not stab you in the back at the nearest opportunity...

Drazoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Conspiracy intensifies
    • View Profile
« Reply #1579 on: September 26, 2015, 12:45:04 pm »

I lied about the turn list, as i'm at work right now and browsing on a phone sucks. Anyway:

3 sat at a desk, in an isolated room down in the caverns. While his room was alright, it did not afford the privacy that conspiring required. Kronk sat accross from him, waiting for his orders.

"Good to see you after so long my friend. I've been so very busy as of late. Anyway, I need you to deliver some letters for me."
"Why not send the constructs for this?"
"The recipients would not react well to them. The first one here is for 'his holiness', Mate the 888th. This one is for Dark 2, and this one for our wonderful Prime Minister. Any questions?"
"What do you intend to do about Pedro? He seems dangerous to me."
"I have an idea for him. If nothing else, it will help me to try and ferret out his intentions."
" I have the utmost trust in you sir. I'll be on my way now then, unless there was something else."
"Just another bottle of rum, this one's gone empty on me." 3 looks mournfully at the bottle on his desk.
"Not a problem sir."
Kronk then stands, bows to 3 and then turns sharply on his heel as he leaves.

3 looks down at the construct sitting on his desk. He had been tinkering with the control spells lately. The runes on this one were much more complicated, but allowed the construct to have a much greater functionality. He then gives it a letter address to Dan Pedro and it rushes off.
He then looks at the mess of notes. When Pedro had arrived, he had then used the instructions contained in the tome DarkOne had left him. That had allowed him to trace where Pedro had come from. He had learned a lot less than he had hoped to. All he knew was that an organization known as RegenReich controlled it. What they wanted and what they were was unknown. All he knew was that they existed. Perhaps he could get Pedro to let something slip. Oh well, all he could do know was wait for a response to his letters.

OOC: i'll post the letters later, as typing all this on my cell was a total pain in the ass.
Welcome to Doomforests, please, choose a cult of your liking or head to the overseers office to register your own cult. Religious freedom is pride of this fortress!

exodius1

• Bay Watcher
  • [ALMOST_HOLLOW]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1580 on: September 26, 2015, 05:08:20 pm »

Forget the map, apparently the file size is too big, even after compressing0.0

Drazoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Conspiracy intensifies
    • View Profile
« Reply #1581 on: September 26, 2015, 05:21:11 pm »

Mail Time!

Got one here for Dark 2 :

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Got another one here, this one for Mate888:

Yet another letter, this time for our beloved Prime Minister:

Last one, for the newcomer to the fort:

End of the mail call for today.  I'll post the turn list later tonight, unless someone beats me to it.

exodius1

• Bay Watcher
  • [ALMOST_HOLLOW]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1582 on: September 26, 2015, 07:09:02 pm »

End of the mail call for today.  I'll post the turn list later tonight, unless someone beats me to it.

Spoiler: Response to D3 (click to show/hide)

LordBrassroast

• Bay Watcher
  • Wibble.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1583 on: September 27, 2015, 08:47:41 am »

Nvm. I thought he was talking to me, not Pedro, as I am a "newcomer to the fort".
« Last Edit: September 27, 2015, 08:57:48 am by LordBrassroast »

Drazoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Conspiracy intensifies
    • View Profile
« Reply #1584 on: September 27, 2015, 11:21:09 am »

Here's the turn list, such as I was able to compile:
Taupe
PyroTechno
ME
Mate888
exodius1

I only looked from page 85 to the tree incident, so there is probably some that were missed.  Also, wasn't it Salmeuk's job to maintain the turnlist?  Someone should go and administer a beating for negligence.

exodius1

• Bay Watcher
  • [ALMOST_HOLLOW]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1585 on: September 27, 2015, 03:02:10 pm »

Here's the turn list, such as I was able to compile:
Taupe
PyroTechno
ME
Mate888
exodius1

I only looked from page 85 to the tree incident, so there is probably some that were missed.  Also, wasn't it Salmeuk's job to maintain the turnlist?  Someone should go and administer a beating for negligence.

Well, in Salmeuk's defence any sane person would have assumed this fortress would be over by now, and considering the fps I am getting (not the strongest laptop, in fact kinda crappy one but 4fps is still a bit of a disaster, will try turning off temperature, and play with path designation when my turn comes around) in most cases I would agree...

De

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1586 on: September 27, 2015, 05:03:46 pm »

press x whike placing items, including slabs, to know which item is which.

also the defaced thing means you mined a masterwork engeavung.

:o

I'm not done reading through the thread but holy hell, I've been playing DF off and on since I was a young teenager, possibly more than ten years, and my method for putting up slabs has been to build every slab and then deconstruct the ones that aren't right and try again until the dwarves bring the right slab. You're telling me there was a way to get the right ****ing slab the entire time?
Don't pay attention to the body piles in every fort I play, I swear I'm competent at this game.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #1587 on: September 27, 2015, 05:10:56 pm »

Don't feel bad, I didn't find it until a few months ago myself. My method was to forbid all the blank slabs when I wanted to build them.

De

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1588 on: September 28, 2015, 05:04:42 am »

Don't pay attention to the body piles in every fort I play, I swear I'm competent at this game.

Sigged

EDIT: I'm here! I read the entire thread, it took the better part of a month but I made it! *crickets*

Anyway, before I put on proper clothes and head off to my incredibly tedious day job, I want to thank everyone who made Doomforests possible. There's been a lot of creativity, quick thinking and dedication in this thread, both in the game play and the RP. I'd mention names but I stayed up all night reading and I don't want to accidentally miss someone important. The ability to incorporate the ideas of others into the various stories you're all telling is part of what makes this particular community fort so special as it is. Good teamwork guys.

I do want to give a special shout out to Taupe though since he's taught us all a valuable lesson about resilience and the power of micro management to save fortresses others would abandon without regret, whether it be from skypigs or supergoats.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2015, 06:48:41 am by De »

Drazoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Conspiracy intensifies
    • View Profile
« Reply #1589 on: September 28, 2015, 02:28:27 pm »

Well, in Salmeuk's defence any sane person would have assumed this fortress would be over by now, and considering the fps I am getting (not the strongest laptop, in fact kinda crappy one but 4fps is still a bit of a disaster, will try turning off temperature, and play with path designation when my turn comes around) in most cases I would agree...

While normally I would concede to your point, I must point out that Salmeuk is one of the original members of this fort, and anyone who has had the involvement with this place that he has can no longer make any claim to sanity.  Any prior claims to sanity he may have had have also been retroactively made invalid.  Same goes for me and all others who have been involved in this place for any significant length of time.
Pages: 1 ... 104 105 [106] 107 108 ... 144