Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

According to the newest research, what substance is best tasked with reinvorgorating a sleepy thread?

Powdered Sweet Pod
Crushed Mermaid Scale
Elven Bone Marrow
Flaked Adamantine
Ground Unicorn Horn

Pages: 1 ... 108 109 [110] 111 112 ... 144

Author Topic: The Hastening of Doomforests  (Read 425773 times)

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
Re: The Hastening of Doomforests
« Reply #1635 on: October 03, 2015, 08:37:10 pm »

Maybe it's for the best - that fire-breathing bird broke down the door and was wrecking Astville. Can it get into the main fort from there? It might happen again.
Safe to say nobody knows how accessing Doomforests works anymore...
I'm still not sure how I got Smunstu out, and I've become an expert at navigating world-gen fortresses which often literally have no exits.

Drazoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Conspiracy intensifies
    • View Profile
« Reply #1636 on: October 03, 2015, 10:39:35 pm »

I haven't really got around to figuring out how Faustus looks.  The most I've got is that he's made of bones, and his general appearance brings to mind insects or spiders.  I might get around to making something more up tomorrow or the next day.  Tomorrow I will certainly put up the last little bit of RP for 3 till the game gets going.
Welcome to Doomforests, please, choose a cult of your liking or head to the overseers office to register your own cult. Religious freedom is pride of this fortress!

De

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1637 on: October 03, 2015, 10:54:41 pm »

-snip-

Long sentences aren't bad, the real key is to make sure you're varying sentence length. Too many sentences of similar structure in a row make the story come off as mechanical even to readers who don't consider themselves sensitive to such things. Funnily enough, I remember back in writing classes from high school that teachers would put random caps on sentence length and Microsoft Word automatically tags any sentence over 20 words as ungrammatical. All those sentence length rules are actually left over from newspapers and columns, when length was everything, but these days we don't have print newspapers or columns to cope with so they can be ignored. You've got it right about using sentence structure and grammar to convey the tone in which the actions described are meant to be read, and that rewriting always helps.

My ramblings aside...

I wanted to download the save and have a look at the fortress but I can't even figure out how to make it work. I think I was expecting a zip file of some sort.
Don't pay attention to the body piles in every fort I play, I swear I'm competent at this game.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #1638 on: October 04, 2015, 10:43:50 am »

I have to say, whoever was the bastard to let those pe(s)t live in the fort shall pay... I will haev to kill everything to get above 10fps, and that is not guaranteed...
I'm chugging along at a good 19 FPS here. That's a miracle after Bastiongate's ~8.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #1639 on: October 05, 2015, 08:05:29 pm »

update tomorrow

long story short - i save the fort from certain doom and usher doomforests into an age of glory and high fps

exodius1

• Bay Watcher
  • [ALMOST_HOLLOW]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1640 on: October 05, 2015, 08:11:10 pm »

update tomorrow

long story short - i save the fort from certain doom and usher doomforests into an age of glory and high fps

i.e He abandoned and embarked elswehere :P
It wasn't intended for you to go insane both in character and out of character.

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1641 on: October 05, 2015, 08:33:06 pm »

update tomorrow

No one will notice. Do YOU remember what Doomforests looks like?

Drazoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Conspiracy intensifies
    • View Profile
« Reply #1642 on: October 05, 2015, 08:42:33 pm »

update tomorrow

OOC:  That's the only I would be able to do it certainly.  Anyway, it's time for that RP I said I'd post.

3 was nervous.  It seems Don Pedro found out more than he is willing to admit to.  He knew who 3 was.  He knew about the family.  It figures he would, as 3 hadn't been able to set up any proper false trails.  He knew he should have waited with that challenge, but it was too late.  He did think that the reason Don Pedro hadn't addressed the letter by name might just be that he wasn't fully certain of 3's identity.  At any rate, 3 had to try to mislead him.  After thinking for a moment, he settled for a simple, if rather amateurish deception.  If Don Pedro bought it, it gave 3 time to further mislead him.  If not, he might end up underestimating 3 later, which could prove even more valuable. 

Some time later, he had finished writing his response to Don Pedro's latest letter.  After leaving for Faustus, he went for a walk in the caverns.  To an untrained observer, he was just taking a casual stroll, with no real destination in mind.  However, there was a very specific place 3 was headed.  He had left certain things unchecked for too long.  However, he first needed to pay a long overdue visit to a friend....

Letter for Don Pedro:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Welcome to Doomforests, please, choose a cult of your liking or head to the overseers office to register your own cult. Religious freedom is pride of this fortress!

exodius1

• Bay Watcher
  • [ALMOST_HOLLOW]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1643 on: October 05, 2015, 09:14:35 pm »

update tomorrow

No one will notice. Do YOU remember what Doomforests looks like?

Yes. IT went something like "OHGODMYEYES!"...

Snip

Will work on an appropriate response until next update... I have plans... Glorious, glorious plans. OOC I can say that surprisingly enough it is in my best interest to help you achieve the capitol status... after that I make no promises.

I wanted to download the save and have a look at the fortress but I can't even figure out how to make it work. I think I was expecting a zip file of some sort.

You will need WinRAR downloaded, unfortunately... It can unpack the .rar files.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2015, 09:16:22 pm by exodius1 »

TechnoXan

• Bay Watcher
  • Crundles + Kobolds = AWESOME!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1644 on: October 06, 2015, 06:14:53 am »

Wait...so what is going on? Has the fort  fallen? Have we reclaimed?  ???
By the by, if your wondering why I use so many smiley faces, its because I smile a lot when I talk. So I use them here so I don't come off the wrong way.

And so it begins...
OPEN THE GATES!

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #1645 on: October 06, 2015, 11:02:58 am »

have we just used dfhack to reset the map?
Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane

exodius1

• Bay Watcher
  • [ALMOST_HOLLOW]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1646 on: October 06, 2015, 11:12:34 am »

It was a joke people-.- The fort's fine, as far as I knwo nothing has happened to it, I just tried being cute...

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #1647 on: October 06, 2015, 11:17:07 am »

It was a joke people-.- The fort's fine, as far as I knwo nothing has happened to it, I just tried being cute...

you are lying. this fort is never 'fine'
Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane

exodius1

• Bay Watcher
  • [ALMOST_HOLLOW]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1648 on: October 06, 2015, 11:54:12 am »

you are lying. this fort is never 'fine'

You got me there, the proper phrasing is "existing".

Dark One

• Bay Watcher
  • 'What do I care for your suffering?'
    • View Profile
« Reply #1649 on: October 06, 2015, 12:42:02 pm »

Everybody knows that even regenning new world won't make it fine.
Pages: 1 ... 108 109 [110] 111 112 ... 144