Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

According to the newest research, what substance is best tasked with reinvorgorating a sleepy thread?

Powdered Sweet Pod
Crushed Mermaid Scale
Elven Bone Marrow
Flaked Adamantine
Ground Unicorn Horn

Pages: 1 ... 114 115 [116] 117 118 ... 144

Author Topic: The Hastening of Doomforests  (Read 426832 times)

exodius1

• Bay Watcher
  • [ALMOST_HOLLOW]
    • View Profile
Re: The Hastening of Doomforests
« Reply #1725 on: October 14, 2015, 02:58:49 pm »

I believe it went :

Flame (Finished)
Me
Mate888
Exoduis1
Flame (New Request)

It would be best if someone else could go verify though.  As for maintaining the OP, We Salmuek for that, as he has the login info for Drokles, unless there's a way for someone else to edit it.  I sent him a PM a few days ago to remind him that DoomForests is still going, but he hasn't responded.
These days I'm finding some time to be active on the forums, so I'll just append these and if anyone has some other changes let me know by pm.

Welp, we forgot to make a slab for our OP and he has returned^^ Welcome back! Are you happy with what we did to the place? ("We" being everyone else, I just joined up...)
It wasn't intended for you to go insane both in character and out of character.

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1726 on: October 14, 2015, 03:45:53 pm »

Somehow this is the 22nd turn. How are we actually alive at this point?

PsychoAngel

• Bay Watcher
  • My silliness is our saving grace.
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #1727 on: October 14, 2015, 05:46:19 pm »

One word: Soap.
You've experienced it yourself.
Our forward thinking overseer at the time devised a way in which werebeasts can live in peace with other dwarves by utilizing the mysterious magical properties of soap!

Quote from: PsychoAngel on January 19, 2016
Don't worry. I've got extremely volatile exploding fish.
My friends and I say a lot of fun things to each other.

exodius1

• Bay Watcher
  • [ALMOST_HOLLOW]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1728 on: October 14, 2015, 05:54:53 pm »

I was going to say resilience and skill of people involved... but you are probably right^^

Hans Keip

• Bay Watcher
  • 135/156/15 156/15/1356 2346 135/156
    • View Profile
« Reply #1729 on: October 14, 2015, 06:13:58 pm »

I was going to say resilience and skill of people involved... but you are probably right^^

Having recently read the past 115 pages :o I can assure you that it's a combination of all three that's kept the fort alive(but mostly soap).

In any case I wish to be dorfed so I can help further the shenanigans although I won't ask for a turn for a while yet.
I'll hopefully arrive in the next wave of migrants and will play in as Drazoth's Mother's Butler whom she's sent to keep an eye on number 3.

With any luck it'll have been sorted already as I spoke with my good friend Drazoth earlier today.

P.S. I'm the one who made that code! Mwuahahahahaha!

Drokles

• Bay Watcher
  • Armok hates us unconditionally
    • View Profile
« Reply #1730 on: October 15, 2015, 01:29:43 am »

I believe it went :

Flame (Finished)
Me
Mate888
Exoduis1
Flame (New Request)

It would be best if someone else could go verify though.  As for maintaining the OP, We Salmuek for that, as he has the login info for Drokles, unless there's a way for someone else to edit it.  I sent him a PM a few days ago to remind him that DoomForests is still going, but he hasn't responded.
These days I'm finding some time to be active on the forums, so I'll just append these and if anyone has some other changes let me know by pm.

Welp, we forgot to make a slab for our OP and he has returned^^ Welcome back! Are you happy with what we did to the place? ("We" being everyone else, I just joined up...)
That's one hell of a courtyard we have now ;)
On the rare occasions where this fort isnt under siege, wood cutting and hauling is our ultimate priority.

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #1731 on: October 15, 2015, 02:36:55 am »

Me want another turn. Meow.
Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1732 on: October 15, 2015, 03:38:40 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
So I was catching up on 3ps in the middle of the night, when I stumbled upon this...

Drazoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Conspiracy intensifies
    • View Profile
« Reply #1733 on: October 17, 2015, 12:55:43 pm »

Sorry for the delay.  Work and school got in my way.  I have nothing to do today, so I'll finish off summer and post it later.

Edit:  Summer is done.  Will post after dinner.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2015, 04:29:26 pm by Drazoth »
Welcome to Doomforests, please, choose a cult of your liking or head to the overseers office to register your own cult. Religious freedom is pride of this fortress!

Drazoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Conspiracy intensifies
    • View Profile
« Reply #1734 on: October 17, 2015, 05:37:13 pm »

Journal of Drazoth the Third:

2nd Hematite:  Began working on Don Pedro's requests.  I found a huge empty room just above NDF.  I decide that all his things can go there.  I set up some workshops to produce the things he needs, and the stockpiles to contain them.  Since the space is so large, I put a few unrelated shops and stockpiles in as well.  It will help reduce suspicion, and give us a place to put a bunch of crap that was laying around, yet not useless enough to dump (furniture and the like).

3rd Hematite: I have been informed that another goblin siege has arrived. The scout looked worried for some reason, like he expected me to do something about it.  I just counted down from five, and when I finished, another scout came in to tell me that the goblins had left.  The first scout looked rather confused, so I told him that this is what they've been doing as of late, and that it was nothing to worry about.

12th Hematite:  I have been informed that a dwarf has begun a strange mood.
I tell the dwarf that brought the news to have someone keep an eye on him for me, as you never know what a moody dwarf might do.

14th Hematite:  The human caravan has been spotted.  I order trade goods brought to the depot, and give the order for our broker to trade with them as soon as possible.  I won't make the mistake of having an inexperienced dwarf handle this.

15th Hematite:  Our broker reports that the humans never stopped at the depot, and have left the fort.  This is odd, as I don't think we've done anything to offend them.  In other news, that moody dwarf has begun his work.  I wonder what he will make.

17th Hematite:  Pencil_Art is re-elected as mayor. 

20th Hematite:  The moody dwarf has finished his work, a pigtail turban.  Oh well, I guess it was too much to hope for something useful.

Edit:  Nothing much happened in this timeline for summer.  Oh well.

OOC:  That's it for summer, aside from a bunch of weapons and shields getting named.  By the way Don Pedro, it looks like your, son, the suturer, is dead.  He isn't listed under the "u" menu, and looking at him through Don's relationships menu tells me that his entire upper body is missing.  You do have an older son, but he is either dead too, or you had him before coming to DoomForests and left him behind.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2015, 01:30:13 pm by Drazoth »
Welcome to Doomforests, please, choose a cult of your liking or head to the overseers office to register your own cult. Religious freedom is pride of this fortress!

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #1735 on: October 17, 2015, 05:49:43 pm »

Flame's actually a rogue spirit of inspiration, so maybe he hasn't left after all...

exodius1

• Bay Watcher
  • [ALMOST_HOLLOW]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1736 on: October 17, 2015, 11:24:41 pm »

You would be right Drazoth, he is indeed dead... Why nobody told me?

Oh well, just pretend the cockoo got him...

Also, Don Pedro has, after Flames turn, few kills under his belt, all crundles.

Spoiler: In the Hospital (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 17, 2015, 11:53:38 pm by exodius1 »

Dark One

• Bay Watcher
  • 'What do I care for your suffering?'
    • View Profile
« Reply #1737 on: October 18, 2015, 05:22:58 am »

Journal of Dark Two

2nd Hematite

*At the office of Prime Minister*

- Come in! - said the voice after Dark Two knocked to the door.

- Ah! Klan-Master Dark Two! The journal is ready my friend. Miss Taupe would bring it to you later. Now let's talk about mayoral elections.

- I guess that Orders support would be required. Who would be our new mayor?

- Pencil_Art has been loyal to our cause even before The Order of The Ale came to life. He'll need your support.

- Alright. I'll make sure that Pencil_Art would be re-elected.

- Great! It's all for now. Please, don't forget about the journals when leaving the office. Good bye Klan-Master!

With that Dark Two takes the journals of Dark One from Miss Taupe 3, and then leaves the office. Later that day, Klan-Master with his knights entered the burnt chamer, took evidences and written report. For safety reasons all reports have been coded.

Some of these evidences might be interesting to Drazoth the 3rd. I'll send him copies when they'll be ready.

14th Hematite

Human caravan arrived... and moved away immediately.

17th Hematite

Actions of the Order were succesful. Pencil_Art have been re-elected mayor. Prime Minister would be thankful.

20th Hematite

The fine creations of PsychoAngel have been delivered to the Order's headquarters. Now we can make our headquarters, my office and room magic-secure.

25th Hematite

I've been training my magic detection skills extensively. I can feel that something big is coming from the caverns...

I was right. It was a damned Forgotten One. Why do these still keep on coming here? Why don't they learn from mistakes of earlier forgotten ones? What fate met the supergoat after it slain all dwarves except The Mad Doctor? And what happens with every flyingsnail that comes? They all try to destroy Doomforests, but fail miserably in the end.

24th Sandstone

Things got dangerous when minotaur appeared. Luckily he was beaten as quickly as he showed up.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2015, 02:44:33 pm by Dark One »

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #1738 on: October 18, 2015, 08:29:55 am »

That squad is the best thing I've ever done for this fort.

How are the recruit squads doing?

Hans Keip

• Bay Watcher
  • 135/156/15 156/15/1356 2346 135/156
    • View Profile
« Reply #1739 on: October 18, 2015, 06:08:59 pm »

It was the 28th of Malachite according to the local calendar when he arrived at Doomforests. He appeared to be nothing more than a wayward butler caught up in the migrant caravan but that was far from the truth. He was here on orders from Mother that he was to oversee the actions of Drazoth III and ensure he was following Mother’s plan to the letter. It took him nearly a month to settle in at which point he approached Drazoth III.

“Good day sir,” he said as he approached the overseer.

“Hans? I thought I recognized one of the migrants. What are you doing here?” D3 asked.

“You Mother is concerned that you may not be following the plan or that you are omitting information in your letters,” Hans replied, “She sent me to oversee your actions and make sure you are not betraying the family.”

“She doesn’t trust anyone does she?” D3 asked.

“She hardly trusts her own quill to write, sir” Hans remarked, “But with a plan like hers, paranoia is both inevitable and necessary.”

“Of course,” D3 agreed, “You are dismissed for the time being. Oh, and before you go, Doomforests has been living up to its legend. I would recommend you log critical information in a journal in case the worst should happen.”

“I will make note of that sir. Good day.”

And with that Hans returned to his duties.

-------

A long while later as the sun was setting Hans retired to his room. He sat down at the folding desk he had brought with him and opened the top drawer.

“So he suggests I write a journal,” Hans said to himself as he pulled out a thick, leather-bound tome, “What makes him think I don’t?”

Opening the book to a point near the back he found the first blank page and began to write.

He then closed the book and went to put it back in his desk but changed his mind halfway there. Instead he carried it with him to his bed and stuffed it under his pillow. He may have written everything in a script unique to himself but he still wouldn’t allow it out of his grasp.
Pages: 1 ... 114 115 [116] 117 118 ... 144