Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

According to the newest research, what substance is best tasked with reinvorgorating a sleepy thread?

Powdered Sweet Pod
Crushed Mermaid Scale
Elven Bone Marrow
Flaked Adamantine
Ground Unicorn Horn

Pages: 1 ... 121 122 [123] 124 125 ... 144

Author Topic: The Hastening of Doomforests  (Read 432564 times)

PsychoAngel

• Bay Watcher
  • My silliness is our saving grace.
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
Re: The Hastening of Doomforests
« Reply #1830 on: November 23, 2015, 07:44:07 pm »

artifact turban

Duuude. Now we can have a swaggy sultan instead of a manicured monarch.

Dude.
Our forward thinking overseer at the time devised a way in which werebeasts can live in peace with other dwarves by utilizing the mysterious magical properties of soap!

Quote from: PsychoAngel on January 19, 2016
Don't worry. I've got extremely volatile exploding fish.
My friends and I say a lot of fun things to each other.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #1831 on: November 23, 2015, 07:55:19 pm »

I thought we already had an artifact turban.

...Wait, that's Necrothreat. Never mind.

exodius1

• Bay Watcher
  • [ALMOST_HOLLOW]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1832 on: November 23, 2015, 09:08:41 pm »

If Mate is back than it is his... good thing as well.... Damned be the Fallout 4 for being flawed but addictive game...
It wasn't intended for you to go insane both in character and out of character.

Drazoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Conspiracy intensifies
    • View Profile
« Reply #1833 on: November 23, 2015, 10:18:23 pm »

Very well.  This should work. [/OOC]

Letter To Mate888:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Letter to Dark 2

D3 then sends Hans to deliver these letters.
Welcome to Doomforests, please, choose a cult of your liking or head to the overseers office to register your own cult. Religious freedom is pride of this fortress!

Drazoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Conspiracy intensifies
    • View Profile
« Reply #1834 on: November 24, 2015, 03:49:57 pm »

I've updated the posts for my turn.
Welcome to Doomforests, please, choose a cult of your liking or head to the overseers office to register your own cult. Religious freedom is pride of this fortress!

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #1835 on: November 24, 2015, 04:14:21 pm »

Has anyone PMed m8 888?

Drazoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Conspiracy intensifies
    • View Profile
« Reply #1836 on: November 24, 2015, 04:29:02 pm »

I just sent one.  Hopefully he will begin soon, and this place can start moving again.

mate888

• Bay Watcher
  • [CRAZED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1837 on: November 24, 2015, 04:49:46 pm »

Allright, folks, don't worry, I still exist. A horrible night troll called "school" had kidnapped me and taken me as its mate, but now I'm free.
I'm on a DFless computer right now (yes, such horrible things exist), so I'll start playing and posting and stuff later today or tomorrow.
Also, if the fort dies... It's totally my fault, I've been out of practice. You can blame me discovering Torrent totally legal games for that.
Soon, the Inquisition (religious serive/political party/interior designs) will get back into power.
My second turn's unnoficial goal was to turn everyone into vampires, and it backfired so bad, I ended up making the fort a more efficient, safer and friendlier place.
Apparently they evolved a taste for everything I love and care about

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1838 on: November 24, 2015, 05:17:45 pm »

Allright, folks, don't worry, I still exist. A horrible night troll called "school" had kidnapped me and taken me as its mate, but now I'm free.
I'm on a DFless computer right now (yes, such horrible things exist), so I'll start playing and posting and stuff later today or tomorrow.
Also, if the fort dies... It's totally my fault, I've been out of practice. You can blame me discovering Torrent totally legal games for that.
Soon, the Inquisition (religious serive/political party/interior designs) will get back into power.
sounds almost as bad as that serial abductor, Netflix.

mate888

• Bay Watcher
  • [CRAZED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1839 on: November 25, 2015, 05:09:51 pm »

*puts relaxing SoundSense music while playing*
*remembers the stuff that happened on Doomforests*
*closes SoundSense, opens YouTube*
*metal plays on the background while playing*
It begins
Hhhhhhhhng... I feel like I had not payed attention to anything that happened in the fort until today, when I was given the rutile hat and crowned Overseer for the third time. I was too busy beating the crap out of evil things and engraving mostly engraving to notice the important things that went on.
I seem to have my mailbox full of letters from a knight guy about a demonic force in the fort that goes by the name of "Don Pedro". I think I should take care of this later.
Now... Let's take a look at my fortress...
OH MY ARMOK THIS ISN'T A CLUSTERFUCK ANYMORE
Well, it is, it's just less clusterfuck-ish than before...
I mean, it's weird to see the floor not covered in blood for a change, and what is that axle doing there? I'm afraid to touch it, because for what I know, this could either be a mechanism to lower a bridge, or a doomsday device that will collapse the mountain.
Well, let's get into ruling!
Gah... I... Feel like if the world stopped for a second... And now I somehow feel that everything goes... Slowly...
Eh, probably something weird in the plump helmets I ate.
((4 FPS))
Looking throught the fort's ledgers, I see that we have the same ghost we had back when I was doing stuff. Good to see you too, Bembul!
Now... What to do? Apart from memoralizng that fucker Bembul, this fort seems quite self-sufficient. I'll see if there are any problems around.
EW.
YOU STAY THE FUCK AWAY FROM MY FORTRESS. YOU AND YOUR OTHER FOUR FRIENDS!
Also, how can you break something when you are made out of *hurk* vomit!? Wouldn't you just unite the two parts again?
Fucking blob of (I'd assume) Nifih's vomit, I'll cut you if you touch my engraved walls!
Also, we seem to have a rotting dinosaur in our...
Our...
wot
WHAT!?
Why every single time I have to oversee this place there's a part of it walled off with an abomination waiting for us at the other side!?
Also, that was MY room back then around 20ish years ago...
I'll send the guys down there to take the lizard out of its misery. I mean, it's rotting alive, what could possibly go wrong? Not like it's a roundhouse-kicking spider or anything. Come on, guys! Let's take the monster down!
"The Order of the Ale". Oh! Those are the knights that were mailing me! Allright! I'll send thee on a holy quest to put a dying lizard out of its misery. Send it back to the hellhole it came, my valiant knights! Go!
I think they'll be good enough fighters. Their name is promising. Everybody knows that a dwarf fights better when drunk!
No, wait. Don't go. The butlers are closer.
I mean, sure, there are only two of them, but we are talking about a dying dinosaur in a terminal state of necrosis, so I bet they'll do just fine!
One is asleep, the other is training.
Okay, guys, take your time! I don't care about my old house getting filled with rotten dinosaur skin!
Wankers.
Oh... I see! The entirety of Astville is locked up and open to the caverns!
Heh...
May I ask WHY!?
You know what? I'll... I'll just leave it like it is, fuck it! I'll just make a tombstone for asshole Bembul.
What do you mean you could not find a path? It's easy! It's just 6527982901617049379089083678 steps downwards!
« Last Edit: November 25, 2015, 05:15:52 pm by mate888 »
My second turn's unnoficial goal was to turn everyone into vampires, and it backfired so bad, I ended up making the fort a more efficient, safer and friendlier place.
Apparently they evolved a taste for everything I love and care about

Drazoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Conspiracy intensifies
    • View Profile
« Reply #1840 on: November 25, 2015, 06:46:48 pm »

You're only getting 4FPS?  I was getting 18 - 20 during my turn.  Try turning up the processor priority.  Also, metal is the only appropriate music for anything.

EDIT:  Forgot to mention:  The archive has officially begun!  Year one was completed earlier today.  It has all OOC removed, as my one friend is too stupid to understand the thread with the OOC included.  Link is below.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B0yyjT9zt6A_ZWFJVFRtdWRXR0U

I do intend to make one with OOC included, at a later date.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2015, 07:19:02 pm by Drazoth »

De

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1841 on: November 25, 2015, 09:13:03 pm »

You're only getting 4FPS?  I was getting 18 - 20 during my turn.  Try turning up the processor priority.  Also, metal is the only appropriate music for anything.

EDIT:  Forgot to mention:  The archive has officially begun!  Year one was completed earlier today.  It has all OOC removed, as my one friend is too stupid to understand the thread with the OOC included.  Link is below.

Lovely work Drazoth, it's nice and readable. That said, I still like reading over the thread with all the comments intact.
Don't pay attention to the body piles in every fort I play, I swear I'm competent at this game.

Drazoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Conspiracy intensifies
    • View Profile
« Reply #1842 on: November 25, 2015, 09:14:48 pm »

Lovely work Drazoth, it's nice and readable. That said, I still like reading over the thread with all the comments intact.

Why thank you.  I will be making a version with comments intact, but later.  I think I'll do it as a webpage, as that should allow me to retain the spoiler tags as well, which should help with formatting.

Hans Keip

• Bay Watcher
  • 135/156/15 156/15/1356 2346 135/156
    • View Profile
« Reply #1843 on: November 26, 2015, 09:52:19 am »

He knew something was wrong the moment he awoke.
“Why am I outside?” he asked himself, “I was in my room last night.”
He looked around and saw a several other migrants nearby. Puzzled he dug into his bag and pulled out the leather tome. He quickly opened it to the bookmarked page and saw that the last two entries read:

“Doomforests must be more unstable than we originally thought. Here’s hoping it doesn’t happen again,” he said as he gazed at the mountain in the distance.

He and the migrants arrived at the fort later that day and they quickly went about settling in. It was only the next day when he reported to D3.

“I am reporting in sir,” Hans said as he approached the overseer.

“Ah, Hans, I thought I recognized one of the migrants,” D3 replied.

“There is something I think we need to discuss,” Hans said, “There is something unstable about DoomForests. Very unstable. This is not the first time I have been here.”

“What? What do you mean?”

“I arrived on the 28th of Malachite this year. I spent the rest of the year assisting you in your role as overseer and delivering messages. There was an incident with a Minotaur and a Were-Tortoise. When I went to bed the night before last it was the 28th of Obsidian. But what is today?”

“The 28th of Slate,” D3 said concern showing on his face.

“Precisely,” Hans replied, “I believe that the very fabric of reality has been damaged here. It worries me. I have a sneaking suspicion that there may be more going on around here than we originally thought. I will be doing some preliminary examinations in my spare time.”

With that Hans got up and headed for the door. Just before he could leave D3 stopped him.

“Do you think there is anything we can do about it?”

“No.”

The year passed quickly and, although much remained the same, there were noticeable differences. Eventually Hans sat down to write in his journal again.

OOC: I meant to get this up sooner but LIFE, you know?

Drazoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Conspiracy intensifies
    • View Profile
« Reply #1844 on: November 26, 2015, 03:29:22 pm »

Since I've begun the archive, I can add any RP that people wanted to do but where unable to at the time for whatever reason, or want to add in now for whatever reason, i.e.: my rp for D1 in the archived first year.  If anyone has any additions they want added let me know.  I intend to start on the second year tonight, and I'm a lazy bastard son once I have done a year I probably won't edit it later unless there's a problem.  You have been warned.
Pages: 1 ... 121 122 [123] 124 125 ... 144