Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

According to the newest research, what substance is best tasked with reinvorgorating a sleepy thread?

Powdered Sweet Pod
Crushed Mermaid Scale
Elven Bone Marrow
Flaked Adamantine
Ground Unicorn Horn

Pages: 1 ... 137 138 [139] 140 141 ... 144

Author Topic: The Hastening of Doomforests  (Read 426822 times)

Iamblichos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Hastening of Doomforests
« Reply #2070 on: February 27, 2016, 07:48:17 am »

Wait... I go away for a bit and you lose the HAT?!  THE OVERSEERS HAT?!  That thing is a sacred relic! 

Last time I was here, there are rumors of Smunstucide, now the hat goes missing.  The gods have abandoned us.  Prepare the sacrifices of propitiation.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2016, 07:57:10 am by Iamblichos »
I'm new to succession forts in general, yes, but do all forts designed by multiple overseers inevitably degenerate into a body-filled labyrinth of chaos and despair like this? Or is this just a Battlefailed thing?

There isn't much middle ground between killed-by-dragon and never-seen-by-dragon.

Sacasco

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2071 on: February 27, 2016, 12:13:11 pm »

Wait... I go away for a bit and you lose the HAT?!  THE OVERSEERS HAT?!  That thing is a sacred relic! 

Last time I was here, there are rumors of Smunstucide, now the hat goes missing.  The gods have abandoned us.  Prepare the sacrifices of propitiation.
No! We've had quite enough cults, thank you. Next thing you know you'll be arguing whether to sacrifice crundles or sacrifice to crundles. And we all know where that ends.
On the other hand, we know where attempts to suppress cults end up, so I guess you can do what you want while I stand here and radiate stern disapproval at you.
If religious freedom is the pride of our fortress, I claim the freedom to disagree with any and all cults that require crundles or sacrifice in any way.
I'll be over here worshiping Armok like a real dwarf.

PsychoAngel

• Bay Watcher
  • My silliness is our saving grace.
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #2072 on: February 27, 2016, 08:18:20 pm »

Worshiping Armok like a real dwarf? Join the inquisition, then. Hell, help Mate build the Chalice.
Our forward thinking overseer at the time devised a way in which werebeasts can live in peace with other dwarves by utilizing the mysterious magical properties of soap!

Quote from: PsychoAngel on January 19, 2016
Don't worry. I've got extremely volatile exploding fish.
My friends and I say a lot of fun things to each other.

Dark One

• Bay Watcher
  • 'What do I care for your suffering?'
    • View Profile
« Reply #2073 on: February 28, 2016, 03:21:04 am »

Join the Order of Ale. Almost same as inquisition, but with more booze.

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #2074 on: February 28, 2016, 12:00:12 pm »

There are no words in any spoken language that can accurately describe this fortress.
... Sign me up for overseer

Journal of Ryukan

After much arguing, the council has voted Doomforest as our next target. I, as Lord High Judge, have volunteered for this probably fatal mission. My first act will be establishing the Order of the Black Arrow as a serious force within this den of cults. I will start looking for followers to join me.

The Order will succeed here as we have with other fortresses within the multiverse . I know the history of this place, I know the mortality rate. I will succeed.
The Tale of Runlance - A Succession Fort in a Dying World

While the drink stocks run low and violence is rampant, the narcissistic tyrant demands a monument to his name

Drazoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Conspiracy intensifies
    • View Profile
« Reply #2075 on: February 28, 2016, 12:31:05 pm »

Yay, more cults/conspiracies!  Just what this fortress needed!
Welcome to Doomforests, please, choose a cult of your liking or head to the overseers office to register your own cult. Religious freedom is pride of this fortress!

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #2076 on: February 28, 2016, 12:36:52 pm »

Yay, more cults/conspiracies!  Just what this fortress needed!

The Order is no mere cult, we are an organization dedicated to spreading our will to all fortresses and our goal? To control all governments from behind closed doors, total secrecy is what all who don the black robes swear by. All who betray us never are seen from again. These silly little cults here are no match for the Order. We will not trifle around, these cults will be expulsed or destroyed, either join or die.

OOC: I really looking toward to this, this is by far, the largest fortress I've ever joined. But after several small forts, I think I am ready for this challenge.

( by the way, I benge read this thread in under 14 hours. And my sides hurt from laughing)
« Last Edit: February 28, 2016, 12:41:04 pm by TheImmortalRyukan »

While the drink stocks run low and violence is rampant, the narcissistic tyrant demands a monument to his name

Dark One

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2077 on: February 28, 2016, 01:42:58 pm »

Order of the Ale is no a mere cult, but rather real in-game militia squad (fortress guard I think). The more cults the better, now we'll have something evil to balance my goodly group.

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #2078 on: February 28, 2016, 02:02:50 pm »

Also, anyone wanna start a new thread? The OP on this one is gone and we need a new front page ( well, an updated one anyway)

PsychoAngel

• Bay Watcher
  • My silliness is our saving grace.
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #2079 on: February 28, 2016, 04:19:45 pm »

Might be beneficial, and I WOULD say that I'd do it, but I'm honestly not on enough to be the one for it.
Our forward thinking overseer at the time devised a way in which werebeasts can live in peace with other dwarves by utilizing the mysterious magical properties of soap!

Quote from: PsychoAngel on January 19, 2016
Don't worry. I've got extremely volatile exploding fish.
My friends and I say a lot of fun things to each other.

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #2080 on: February 28, 2016, 04:21:08 pm »

Nah, it'll be fine...
Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #2081 on: February 28, 2016, 06:01:04 pm »

I just whipped up some art for this fortress, a little shabby, but it says all there is about the Order

The Order Arrives in Doomforest
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Salmeuk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2082 on: February 28, 2016, 06:15:48 pm »

I used to maintain OP but either I forgot the real password or drokles changed it on me, and hasn't said anything in either case. A new thread feels unnecessary since nowadays this fortress is less about 'real' updates and more about the stories surrounding it. IMO IMO DON'T SHOOT ME

TechnoXan

• Bay Watcher
  • Crundles + Kobolds = AWESOME!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2083 on: February 28, 2016, 06:47:00 pm »

The Codex of TechnoXan , Master Mecha Engineer

Entry Nine:
Oh how things have gone wrong... I never suspected my precious precious Crundles would turn on me. But alas, with great knowledge comes great danger. The rogue Crundle organisation known as the seeing eye has seized control of The Cavern entrance and are in a sustained skirmish in the habitation sector. The seeing eye is the largest of the Crundle factions and have absorbed two other Crundle tribes already, they now are roughly half the Crundle population, around 42 Crundles. The acolytes are holding them off while we are evacuating the Crundles from habitation but we are already barricading storage, we will retreat to those defensive positions within the month.. The fighting broke out months ago, I sealed Haven off when it started, although The Seeing Eye still has access to the caverns. I sent out three acolytes to observe the fortress during this calamity. And it appears we have lost all influence in the fortress. What can I expect? The Mechatechno sect has been inactive since my previous death, that and now the kill count stands at 24 Crundles on both sides and 7 Acolytes. Those loyal to the Mechatechno Sect now number at 22 Crundles and 11 Acolytes. My spies report their is a new resurgence in the accursed Armok worshiping, with members of the fortress banding together to fight us so called "heretics." And now I hear the very walls of Hell are being broken into at this very moment! I know for a fact Hell is not real. But I also know that ages old history does not lie, something is down there, something very dangerous.  I dont know what to do. We are cut off from the caverns, and the civil war has put all Mecha plans on stand by. I need help. Never before has the Mechatechno sect been in such danger. I need Drazoth.

Letter to Drazoth III

"Dear friend I am in dire need. I know you have not heard from me or of the sect for a long time. I dont have time to explain, at this very moment The Seeing Eye are slaughtering my acolytes and wrecking Haven. I have sealed the gates, but I have a side passage, the directions are contained later in this letter. Come prepared, the Crundles have changed a lot since our meeting, they are armen with booze bombs and a standard issue axe-spear. Drazoth, we wont hold out much longer, the seeing eye outnumbers us and they are backed by a strange power, they have always been interested in matters of the occult, and of the warp stone."

*BOOM!!!*
"Great granite what was that!?" I yell.
"They have shattered the magma fall! it has been redirected from the forge, and its flooding the crystal farms and other upper levels!" Fido replies.
"Blast it! Cordon off the lower levels and speed up the retreat to the storage fortifications!"

We are out of time, all of the fake gods speed loyal messenger, warn Drazoth!!

PS: I dunno, we can just keep the normal thread I think, I dunno.  :D
By the by, if your wondering why I use so many smiley faces, its because I smile a lot when I talk. So I use them here so I don't come off the wrong way.

And so it begins...
OPEN THE GATES!

Dark One

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2084 on: February 29, 2016, 03:03:03 am »

IMO IMO DON'T SHOOT ME

*Loads.375 h&h magnum gun*

Quote from: TechnoXan
-snip-