Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

According to the newest research, what substance is best tasked with reinvorgorating a sleepy thread?

Powdered Sweet Pod
Crushed Mermaid Scale
Elven Bone Marrow
Flaked Adamantine
Ground Unicorn Horn

Pages: 1 ... 140 141 [142] 143 144

Author Topic: The Hastening of Doomforests  (Read 425777 times)

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
Re: The Hastening of Doomforests
« Reply #2115 on: March 09, 2016, 08:08:33 am »

Imic was in bed.
He was, however, not asleep.
His family had always considered bed - time as the perfect time to think.
It had been quite a while since he had sent the letters off, but no migrants had come. None.
This worried him.
Among the problems of bringing the order of paladins back was the problem of where they would meet. Most nooks were taken up by cults, cults, cults, and, you guessed it, workshops.
Then there were the other cults. The order of the black arrows, or whatever they were called, had set up shop now. They did it quietley, but not quietly enough not to be noticed by this old hammerdwarf.
The order of ale had not answered his letter, so he decided to re write his letter before his friends and family arrived. So, he got up and started to write.

Dear dark two.

I would like to cancel my attempted joining of the order of ale, as my fellow paladins from an old paladinial group have been notified to the culty nature of this city and shall be (hopefully) arriving here soon. From there i should like to protect this city from all threats, outside and in.i hope to work alongside you in the future,
Sincerely,
Imic.

He sent it off. Then lay down again. There was... Something about this place... Some kind of energy that caused groups of people, mainly religeous, to gather. Ther were three in this world. They never ended well, though. His family had seen it happen before. Nowadays they called it datetattooed. The third area had been a sacraficial alter that had not been used in 685 years, but doomforests still had hope. As long as his family arrived...

(Ooc) please, please don't forget to dorf those other people using the next migrant wave...
Please...

Gordak,
Gadrok,
Goken,
Irkran,
Irdan,
Gardrog jr...
And yes, i did notice the whole "Goken" thing (ooc)
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #2116 on: March 09, 2016, 12:22:13 pm »

Events of Day 7 Since the Arrival of Ryukan and Company

Ryukan sat at the head of a table and his two acolytes were sitting as well.

"How bad?" asked Ryukan

"We've lost Silverstream, Cryptwells, and have been driven out of Deathhammer, Stonehelm, and 13 other Fortresses. Our only remaining Stronghold is Tombcrest, which is where the council has moved their seat of power," replied one of the acolytes.

"These Paladins are getting dangerously smart. Do they know of my arrival here?" Ryukan asked.

"As much as I would love to say otherwise, I think that our arrival here did not go undetected."

"Very well. Send word for a detachment of Truth Bearers to come here and aid us in our quest. Who is the leader of the Paladins here in Doomforest?"

"That would be Imic sir."

"Is he dangerous?"

"He is a Paladin sir."

"Hmm. Very well, you two may leave, keep scouting the other "cults" here and find if they would help further our mission."

"Yes your excellency" replied both acolytes.

As the two figure left the room Ryukan pondered several things. Who was this Dark One (or Two now as he was told) whose power he felt upon his arrival. Why was this fortress still standing even after any respectable fortress would've fallen. Why was there an obsession with a human town on the other side of the world. And, perhaps most important, why the hell is there no Strawberry Wine in this place?

Ryukan sat pondering these thing in the headquarters of the Doomforest Order of the Black Arrow.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2016, 12:23:52 pm by TheImmortalRyukan »
The Tale of Runlance - A Succession Fort in a Dying World

While the drink stocks run low and violence is rampant, the narcissistic tyrant demands a monument to his name

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #2117 on: March 09, 2016, 12:36:54 pm »

"urist", said imic.
"Yes" said urist.
I've run out of the strawberry wine that i brought here.
"Er, and?"
"I hate it."

Pause

"Can i ask you a question?" Said Urist
"Yes, go ahead"
"What does this have to do with your post mail?"
"I honestly have no idea."
« Last Edit: March 09, 2016, 01:10:08 pm by Imic »
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #2118 on: March 09, 2016, 12:57:19 pm »

"urist", said imic.
"Yes" said urist.
I've run out of the strawberry wine that i brought here.
"Er, and?"
"I hate it."

Pause

"Can i ask you a question?" Said Urist
"Yes, go ahead"
"What does this have to do with your post?"
"I honestly have no idea."

Breaking the fourth wall much are we?

While the drink stocks run low and violence is rampant, the narcissistic tyrant demands a monument to his name

Drazoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Conspiracy intensifies
    • View Profile
« Reply #2119 on: March 09, 2016, 01:00:37 pm »

Drazoth the Third was sitting in his office, idly carving some bones, when Kronk Burst into the room.  He looked like he had ran there from the other end of the fort.

"Sir, I was in the caverns on a walk when a came to a mangled corpse.  It was holding this," Kronk holds up an envelope.  "It's addressed to you sir."

Kronk Handed the letter to his boss, who took one look at the seal on it and realized who it was from.  D3 tore the envelope open and quickly read the letter.  Scowling, he took a swig form this bottle of rum and stood up.  "Where's Hans?"

"Right here sir."  Hans was standing behind D3, there was a large bulge in his coat that seem to we squirming. 

"What do you have there?" 

Hans looked mildly confused for a second before looking at his coat.  "Oh, this?  This is nothing important, just forgot I had it with me."  There seemed to be a muffled voice coming from the wriggling coat.  It seemed to be saying "Let me out you daft butler!", though D3 was quite sure.

"Fine.  Dispose of whatever that is, then return to me at once.  It seems one of the crundle tribes is rebelling against the MechaTechno, and TechnoXan has requested assistance.  Kronk and I will head there now, Join us once you've dealt with your garbage."

"Very well sir."  Hans then vanished from sight.

D3 and Kronk left the room, headed towards the caverns.  Kronk seemed nervous, while D3 was almost serene. 

"So, what do you think we can do boss?  There's only the three of us, and probably around a hundred crundles?"

"Don't you worry about a thing Kronk.  I have a little something I've been wanting to use."  He pulled out the Dark One's gift from his pocket.

"Do you really think it's appropriate to use that for this sir?" Hans had fallen in step on the opposite side from D3 as Kronk.

"It likely isn't necessary, but I've been wanting to test this.  This way if there is a problem, I can deal with it before it gets us killed."

"Very well sir."

The trio continued their decent to the caverns.....
Welcome to Doomforests, please, choose a cult of your liking or head to the overseers office to register your own cult. Religious freedom is pride of this fortress!

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #2120 on: March 09, 2016, 01:08:56 pm »

Sorry...
MAIL
SAME FLIPPING THING
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #2121 on: March 09, 2016, 01:15:18 pm »

Imic thought. In bed. It was a famil-
He sat up.
He surveyed his surroundings.
There was no mistaking it.
He was running out of time.
Darker forces were turning to this ancient citadel.
Beyond the black arrows, no... It was... Something fouler... Darker...
He got up. Put on his armour. Picked up his hammer.
And ran for the lowest levels of the city.

He needed to talk to his brother.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2016, 01:17:07 pm by Imic »
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet

Dark One

• Bay Watcher
  • 'What do I care for your suffering?'
    • View Profile
« Reply #2122 on: March 09, 2016, 01:24:32 pm »

Journal of Dark Two

Just before going to him quarters, Dark Two inspected booze stocks, just like in the days before the order. Everything was well, except a disturbingly small level of strawberry wine. What's more, Order was all out of strawberries! Klan-Master left a note to other brewers/knights to buy some more when next caravan comes. Then he left stills and went to his room. Just as he reached doors, his ring started to shake on his finger - right before he felt unusual turnings in energies. It had something to do with his predecessors power. Dark Two rushed inside his room to prepare before rushing into caverns. On the way, he picked three other knights passing by.

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #2123 on: March 09, 2016, 01:51:57 pm »

Imic ran. And ran. And ran some more. Then he tripped tover a glass half full of strawberry wine. Then he ran. And ran one little bit more. Then stopped. He wasn't good at magic, gadrok had been good at that, but he could cast up a little portal message.
"Testing? TESTING?"
"Yeesh, you needn't shout!" Came a voice from the other side of the portal.
"Hi gordak"
"Hi Imic"
"I heard that there have been... Problems with the government lately..."
"Yes, That was us. Cryptwells, silverstream, Hammerstone, Deathhammer, stonehelm, underhold, the dark pit, greatstone and Bannerhold. The rest were taken over by angry citizens. Except tombcrest. They seem to have moved their seat of power there... Again..."
"It was Underhold until you showed up, am I right?
"Yes, then they moved to Hammerstone. We took out the rest and left that one for last."
"What roused up the citizens of squirtedportals and the others?"
"Beats me if I know"
"Anyway, let's cut to the chase..."
"And that is...?"
"They're here."
Gordak nearly jumped through the portal
"WHAT"
"Yeaaaaaah..."
"Well, now I know why you wanted us to come..."
"Please hurry..."
"We'll go by the pass in squirtedportals... Though that would bring us beside their headquarters"
"You'll make it."
"We'll try... But in the meantime you should try and get in charge of the place."
"Me? Dammit..."
"Sorry..."
"Oh well, see you soon..."
Bye.
The portal dissapeared.
Imic turned around just in time to see a robed figure run away.
"Damn..."
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #2124 on: March 09, 2016, 03:36:52 pm »

Jesus, I mention a shortage of strawberrywine and now people are literally tripping over it in their posts :D

Journal of Ryukan

Things are moving fast. I don't now if it's just the crundles but all of a sudden there was a flurry of activity and several people were running either towards the front, or, in Imic's case, running towards their secret places. I followed Imic personally, and I found that he too possessed a secret mirror. I overheard something about portals, but I had to run when the conversation was over... I think he saw me.

Back in the Sanctum, I summoned my two acolytes. I explained the situation to them. I suggested that we summon the Truth Bearers here now, and risk detection, rather than wait a week for them to show up. We all ate a decent meal then headed to the summoning room. We chanted a little of the Relev tongue. A light show later and before us were 12 of the Order's highest level assassins. Blinded at birth, these assassin's were literally bred for assassination. They were what the Order used to terminate rogue agents, and 12 of these lethal weapons stood before me now. I smirked and then laughed.

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #2125 on: March 09, 2016, 04:20:22 pm »

imic winced.
he knew that if they saw him, he would probably feel the sweet extremely painful and unfulfilling embrace of death.
he ran back to his room, barely making a sound, "more then enough for those blind ninjas to hear me"
he cursed them under his breath. he could not wait for more then roughly three seconds. he summoned a portal
"Gordak?"
" yes"
"where are you?"
he was sweating nervously, those assassins were terrifying.
"did they see you?"
another paladin came in behind Gordak
"did they hear you?!"
"when I was talking to Gordak yes, but when i was spying on them, no."
"The paladin cursed in dwarven"
"WHERE ARE YOU"
he was getting more urgent
"at squrtedportals"
"we'll need to open a portal directly here. Now."
"Now." said the elderly paladin who walked in behind Gordak"
a walkey throughey portal appeared beside the talkey portal
the paladins walked through
"imic couldn't control himself. he hugged Gordak.
"it's good to see you."
after every other paladin there was hugged, they heard a swooshing noise.
"damn!"
"why can't they just not follow us for two seconds?"
"that was definately a cloak."
imic grimaced. even though they were all there, there was the business of explaining this to the current overseer.
and then there were the black arrows.
"let's hope this ends well..."

Ooc
please, purhlease dorf the family...
you can just name some peasants in the fort though now.
BUT TRIN THEM WITH HAMMERS
THIS INSTANT
Ooc
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #2126 on: March 09, 2016, 04:57:37 pm »

I'm gonna head for bed now, please don't kill all the paladins while I'm gone...
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #2127 on: March 10, 2016, 04:45:06 am »

I'm back.

PUT ME ON THE TURN LIST THIS MINUTE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet

Salmeuk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2128 on: March 10, 2016, 05:25:59 am »

I'm back.

PUT ME ON THE TURN LIST THIS MINUTE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok Ok don't murder me ;_;

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #2129 on: March 10, 2016, 06:59:04 am »

*runs hand along hammer*
I shall spare you...
... For now...
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Pages: 1 ... 140 141 [142] 143 144