Dwarf Fortress > DF Modding

How to mod stone layers (Marble) so it appears everywhere?

(1/2) > >>

Geoclasm:
I want Marble to be present within every stone layer (Soil, Sedimentary, Igneous (both), and Metamorphic).
I made a change into the raw file and added those values to it but when I prospected a prospective volcano embark, the estimated value was less than 100,000. I checked another location and it was over 600,000(!), which was great, but why so slim on the volcano embark? Is the environments in which stone layers will appear hard-coded, or am I just doing it wrong?

Marble Raw:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)[INORGANIC:MARBLE]
   [USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:STONE_TEMPLATE]
   [STATE_NAME_ADJ:ALL_SOLID:marble]
   [DISPLAY_COLOR:7:7:1]
   [TILE:178]
   [REACTION_CLASS:FLUX]
   [METAMORPHIC]
   [IGNEOUS_EXTRUSIVE]
   [IGNEOUS_INTRUSIVE]
   [SEDIMENTARY]
   [SOIL]
   [MATERIAL_VALUE:2]
   [IS_STONE]
   [SOLID_DENSITY:2780]
   [MELTING_POINT:11485]

scamtank:
You've modded it so it can appear everywhere. In that volcano area, the dice roll just probably landed on dacite, rhyolite, basalt or one of the other lava stones.

Instead of having it appear as whole layers, make it so it occurs everywhere in large clusters instead - take your cue from microcline, it does just that. Then it only has to compete with magnetite, orthoclase and microcline instead of every other possible layer stone.

Geoclasm:
That did work thanks. I was able to find a suitable embark with over 1 million (!) marble on prospect.
Now, though, the problem is that when my sufficiently skilled miners mine out a marble tile, they are leaving no marble behind. Plenty of other stone is left behind, but no marble! Why would that be happening?

Teldin:

--- Quote from: Geoclasm on October 20, 2014, 09:24:09 am ---That did work thanks. I was able to find a suitable embark with over 1 million (!) marble on prospect.
Now, though, the problem is that when my sufficiently skilled miners mine out a marble tile, they are leaving no marble behind. Plenty of other stone is left behind, but no marble! Why would that be happening?

--- End quote ---

As in it's NEVER leaving any behind? Or have you tried mining out a large area? Miner skill has no relation on the % chance of dropping a stone boulder anymore.

Geoclasm:
As in after mining out several hundred (through the course of laying out my fortress), I have not yet seen a single boulder of Marble fall.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version