Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13]

Author Topic: You Can't Die 2! (interactive Storytelling game) THE END  (Read 16849 times)

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
Re: You Can't Die 2! (interactive Storytelling game)
« Reply #180 on: October 07, 2015, 09:01:43 pm »

snap his neck?
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: October 07, 2015, 09:15:33 pm »

To try and expedite the process, you quickly bend Almar's neck back and forth while holding it in a chokehold. You hear something in the neck break, but his spinal cord must have still been intact because he is still flailing around trying to get you off of him. The ground was getting much closer now, and you knew that you couldn't survive the landing. Luckily, you don't have to. Fluffles had come down and crashed into you. You let go of Almar and grab onto Fluffles and pull yourself up. You hear Almar gasping for breath, then holding his arms and legs out as an attempt to slow himself down so that his dragon could save him. Fluffles is really injured. There were three parallel deep scratches along his chest and lower neck and there was blood dripping out, making a trail behind him. Almar's dragon was injured as well, with hundreds of small scratches all over its wings and belly. Fluffles, however, was not done fighting. He turned towards the much larger foe and began his tight maneuvers all around the dragon. The dragon was still high enough that a free fall would likely kill it.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: October 07, 2015, 09:17:33 pm »

FIRE AT WILLLLLLL......
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

germanyfrance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: October 07, 2015, 09:18:52 pm »

Jump off of fluffles, and draw your hunting knife. Land on the dragon's wing and stab the knife into the wing. Let gravity pull you downwards while you cut the entire wing all the way down. Land on Fluffles again.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: October 07, 2015, 09:28:33 pm »

You order Fluffles to fly around blasting the dragon with as much fire as he could muster. The dragon was solely intent on rescuing his rider. You jump off of Fluffles, in mid-air unsheathe your hunting knife, and stab it into the fleshy wing. You then let your entire weight hand on the angled blade, and it begins to cut the entire wing apart. As you reach the bottom, the instability in the flight of the Ice dragon becomes apparent. His flight becomes unstable, then wobbly, and there comes a point where the dragon gives up its chase of its rider and focuses solely on slowing its decent. Once you reach the bottom, an entire section of his wing becomes two useless flaps, and you fall back onto Fluffles. Fluffles dives straight towards the ground, passing Almar on the way. He lands you on the ground, and you two watch the two figures fly towards the ground. To your amazement, Almar flares himself upwards, changing his direction from straight down to diagonally, then he does an extremely graceful roll at the ground and comes to a complete stop. He stands up and says, "This fight isn't over you cowar..." Then his dragon fell on top of him.
Fluffles quickly flies over to the frozen lake and breathes fire to melt a large hole. Immediately, Grommok flies out of the water and sets Gat down on the land. He isn't responding, and he isn't breathing, but you find a heartbeat! Perhaps he is still alive!
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: October 07, 2015, 10:22:55 pm »

Have Fluffles perform CPR.
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: October 07, 2015, 11:09:25 pm »

You know nothing about resuscitation, but apparently Fluffles does. He lays his wingtip on Gat's chest and pushes lightly. Grommok sees what Fluffles is doing and follows suit. The two of them push on his chest for about a minute when a miracle happens. Water flies out of his mouth, and he wakes up! Gat coughs several times, then looks around. He smiles when he sees you, but he smiles even more when he sees Almar's Ice dragon lying dead in the field. He then sees the two other dead dragons. "Fleister! He might still be alive!" Gat mounts Grommok and frantically flies to the dead body of Jawrok. You follow him as quickly as you can. Gat found Fleister. He was mortally wounded, but still alive. Fleister looked like he had been weeping for a while now. Gat asks Fleister to let him treat his injuries, but Fleister replies, "No. I cannot live without Jawrok even if my body can. Make sure that history remembers the truth of this day, so that it will never happen again. Now leave me here, and go live the rest of your lives in peace." Fleister then buries his head in Jawrok's side and resumes crying. You and Gat mount your dragons and enter the Fortress of Oix, to rest for the Journey ahead. Inside of the fortress, none of the Goblins celebrate, they simply thank you as much, and as best as they can. Now that Almar's deception had been revealed, the few remaining Goblins in the Fortress realized how many of their own they had sent off to die for no reason. It was because of this that there was plenty of room for You and the Gat to rest for the night. You sleep peacefully for the first time since before the war broke out.
In the morning, you and Gat rise early to get out and leave as quickly as possible. Fluffles had had his wounds bandaged the night before, and they looked much better now. You and Gat decide to split up to spread the word faster. Gat went to Rendrek and then to his own brethren, while you go to the elves and then back to your home. At the great elven city, the elves make you a guest of honor, as they treat any dragon rider who enters their gates. They immediately ask you of Almar's fate. When you tell them of the happenings at Oix, the look solemn, but relieved. They told you that Almar had spoken of uniting the world under the elven rule, but many did not agree with him. Namely, the other elf riders. So Almar had them imprisoned, then gathered a force of those that agreed with his grandeur destiny for the elves and marched them to Rendrek for a reason that none of us knew. Now that his strife was over, the ones who resisted his ideologies could be safely released. You meet the other three elf riders, all much older and experienced than you, yet they all bow down to you in respect, and their dragons recognize Fluffles as the more mature of them all, despite only being hatched about a month ago. The elves were by far the least damaged by the war, so they together made a resolution to help the other races to rebuild their economies and provide for those that had their livelihood. So, it was with an elven caravan, filled with food and seeds for the next year's crop, that you finally departed for your homeland.
After a week of traveling, you arrive at the castle where you were stationed when the war started. Larson was still the Lord of the land because no other qualified person had been found, but when you entered with the elven caravan, Larson walks up to you with his sword in the palm of his hand. "My Lady, I would be honored to be your subject if you should choose to rule on behalf of humanity. But if you should decide to strike out on your own, keep moving throughout the world, be free of everything except your eternal friendship with Fluffles, then I will gladly remain in my position. The choice is yours. Do whatever will suit you best."

THE END

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You Can't Die 2! (interactive Storytelling game) THE END
« Reply #187 on: October 08, 2015, 10:42:47 am »

This ending is good,  it pleases me. The game was fun,  good job!
Jon was the little sherman who could until he got hit by a repurposed tank gun.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: October 08, 2015, 10:50:57 am »

Well plaid, a story for the ages.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: October 08, 2015, 10:53:06 am »

Thanks. I will be making You can't die three probably starting it on Saturday. I want to make a few changes to it though. Tell me which ones you like/don't like.

First of all, I will have a skeleton plot set up from the beginning rather than making up the plot as I go. The details of the plot will still be determined by the actions you guys decide on. I think that I will also update only once per day, at around 9:00-10:00 Central time zone to allow more people to participate.

I will encourage people to have their own unique ideas rather than +1 or -1 other people's ideas, and then I will try to combine as many ideas as possible to make the action as hilarious as possible.

If you want to know the theme of the next You can't die, it's in the spoiler:

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: October 08, 2015, 01:44:02 pm »

Would you be so kind as to link the next game in this thread?
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: October 08, 2015, 02:32:09 pm »

You know what bothers me, thoug? that we can't save Fleister. I really like him, he laughed at our jokes.
Jon was the little sherman who could until he got hit by a repurposed tank gun.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: October 08, 2015, 04:17:20 pm »

Would you be so kind as to link the next game in this thread?
Yes, I will. I'll also (probably) update the OP to have the entire story there. I will start in on Saturday.
You know what bothers me, thoug? that we can't save Fleister. I really like him, he laughed at our jokes.
Yes, that is unfortunate. But take heart in the fact that you avenged his killer.

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: October 08, 2015, 04:18:20 pm »

By causing him immense pain and horrific injury, then dropping a city-sized dragon on him. It was, perhaps, a more metal death than he deserved.
Muh FG--OOC Thread

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: October 09, 2015, 09:40:31 pm »

You Can't Die 3 has started. I finished the skeleton plot and the exposition for the first part. You can find it here.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13]