Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 21

Author Topic: NaNoWriMo 2014: It's Over!  (Read 23460 times)

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
Re: NaNoWriMo 2014: IT BEGINS
« Reply #225 on: November 13, 2014, 12:31:48 pm »

I got 155 words in half an hour. Got distracted by the pets wanting their breakfast >_<
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
  • AKA Aira; Legendary Female Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #226 on: November 13, 2014, 12:34:56 pm »

You should join the IRC channel. We can start and finish more precisely that way. : ) I've got 796 words since the hour started, which is a pretty good feeling. More productive than I've been in days. I'll keep going. If anyone wants to join a sprint, let's officially start at :35 and go until the next hour. And join the IRC channel (#bay12nano on that freenode site, all the info is a page or two back in the thread). : )

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: November 13, 2014, 02:36:00 pm »

I've gotten clearance to shuffle some people into the IRC for my local group. It's a "elsewhere" that covers a large area, so most of our stuff is online for people like me who live in the middle of nowhere.

Anyway, my local group is generally at least somewhat active most of the time and at nights central it's pretty busy. it's also on freenode so you can just hop in from the web client linked earlier, but I'm not going to give out the channel name in public.

What I will do is make a point to stay in the Bay12 channel and direct people from there, but this means odds are decent most of the day that I'm AFK. Just ask and if I'm there I'll pass info along.

EDIT: I should mention some of my group are doing erotica, so if that's something that you're not comfortable with, be warned that it does enter conversation from time to time.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2014, 02:41:04 pm by Darkmere »
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #228 on: November 14, 2014, 01:46:08 pm »

How's everyone doing? I managed my 2000 words today thanks to a couple of word sprints with some of you lovely folks. : D

I am definitely starting to hate my story, but I remember that this is normal, so I think I'm just going to tell myself to forget my lame excuses and write anyway. And now I'm going to play video games, dammit.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: November 14, 2014, 02:44:46 pm »

I'd appreciate if I could get the channel name PM'd. I uh, forgot what it was and can't find my way back in. I'm just twiddling my thumbs on #bay12nano, waiting for someone to guide me on.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: November 14, 2014, 03:24:12 pm »

I'd appreciate if I could get the channel name PM'd.

Sent. It may be a little empty for a while since I'm not technically "back" yet but there you have it.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

inEQUALITY

• Bay Watcher
  • Living On the Mirror's Edge
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: November 14, 2014, 06:33:53 pm »

Not gotten much written last few days. When I haven't been doing other things, I just haven't been able to concentrate on anything at all for personal reasons. Nothing bad - good, to a point, actually - but a bit complicated and I'm just not used to it these days. But anyway. At least I'm still well ahead of the curve. I should be able to get back into the swing of things again soon though.
Quote from: Carl Sagan
It does no harm to the romance of the sunset to know a little bit about it.
If the magma cannon doesn't count, they aren't proper scientists.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: November 14, 2014, 06:35:08 pm »

Wrote nothing 'cause I was literally busy all day and most of yesterday. Not even sure how I got to par yesterday. It's all pretty much a blur.

Gonna get some sleep, remember how to be a human bean and coming back to write tomorrow.

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #233 on: November 15, 2014, 01:58:10 am »

Never Forget Who You Are
« Last Edit: November 15, 2014, 02:01:28 am by Sappho »

inEQUALITY

• Bay Watcher
  • Living On the Mirror's Edge
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: November 15, 2014, 09:25:45 am »

Never Forget Who You Are

Oh my goodness, thanks for that. I needed a laugh today!

I shouldn't have jinxed myself in my last post. Almost as soon as I did, things went to hell. Turns out hell isn't conducive to writing. Who knew?
Quote from: Carl Sagan
It does no harm to the romance of the sunset to know a little bit about it.
If the magma cannon doesn't count, they aren't proper scientists.

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #235 on: November 15, 2014, 12:03:54 pm »

I have crossed the 25,000 word line! I have caught back up to par! I am doing this! I am making this happen!

And now I will try to get some work done on my next Commune video, at long last!

Caz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: November 15, 2014, 12:50:38 pm »

Got back to form today. Was a little worried, but it went fine. Another 2k done, though I'm rapidly running out of material. Argh.

Malt_Hitman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: November 16, 2014, 05:41:27 am »

I know I haven't been replying much in this thread and sorry about that.  I guess I read over people's replies, come up with something interesting to say, and figure it would be best to post after I write so I end up with a strange feeling that I've already posted a reply when all I did was spam my story with text. :P

Still, finally hit 25k after a few low productivity days so I'm just over halfway there!  I have plenty of stuff I'd like to write but I know if I try and do too much out of order then I'll just end with a huge number of holes needing to be filled and stuff may begin to fall apart.  I know edits are for December and all that but how many people here worry about writing out of order vs. just writing stuff up and going over it later?

Caz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: November 16, 2014, 06:55:04 am »

I know edits are for December and all that but how many people here worry about writing out of order vs. just writing stuff up and going over it later?

Eh, not really. Writing is really rewriting. Having a first draft done in November is a lot better than having a 'slightly' edited uncompleted draft. That and writing and editing don't really play well together - different skillsets/mentality or something.

Just keep writing, you. :P

Malt_Hitman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: November 16, 2014, 01:50:17 pm »

Well, I can see at my early morning posting that I couldn’t even convey the simple question I wanted to ask. :P

Would you rather have a flowing/connected story that would be not finished or have a patchwork of dangling scenes that you’d then have to go back and string together?

I still have 25k to go but if I just keep slogging along through the filler I’m not sure I’ll hit an end for my story within the 25k as I tend to dive deep into tangents for word count.  I’d like to have a road for a final product but if it doesn’t “end” then it may just wander off.  If I have a patchwork I know I’ll run to problems with characterization and details not matching up.  That will bug me but it’s not like it can’t be fixed in editing but it may take more time to do so.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 21