Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: [SG]Minister of Republica Department of Affairs- Spring  (Read 4292 times)

Evil Marahadja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
[SG]Minister of Republica Department of Affairs- Spring
« on: October 19, 2014, 02:02:23 pm »

Its been three years since the disastrous war against  the unholy alliance between Kolechia and Antegria. We lost all of our coastal provinces and the army is in ruins. After the fragile peace, honourable freedom-fighters rose in Rebuplica to free us from the oppressive monarchy that has plagued our nation for so long. One year ago, after intensive fighting, the rebels finally managed to take the capital and proclaim a new free Republica!

But you are obviously aware of this fact, since you was one of the co-conspirators in the rebel army. As a reward for you loyalty, you have been appointed the Minister of Espionage and Internal security. You will be in charge of both Espionage and contra-espionage, you will also be in charge of finding any contra-revolutionaries and eradicate them. In the beginning, your budget will be small, but prove yourself an effective tool for the Republican government, and you will be allocated more resources. Good luck.

Today is the first day of your new job, in a few day the new department will be announced to the public. You will have to pick the name of your new organization. You will also have to start hiring agents to your cause, sending them out on missions, and coordinating the espionage-efforts of the country. It might also be worthwhile to have some long-term plans. Will the department end up as a lapdog to  the government, or will you rule Republicia behind the scenes? The other ministers will use their mandate to further their ambitions...why shouldn't you..?

Spoiler: Assets (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Personnel (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Dossiers (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Worldmap (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: GM talk (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 02, 2014, 06:00:07 am by Evil Marahadja »

MrVoid

• Bay Watcher
  • Leaning on Lady Luck
    • View Profile
Re: [SG]Minister of Espionage and Internal security
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2014, 02:15:35 pm »

Name: The Republian Ministry of Silence.
Start hiring all 5 ASAP.  Look for true loyalists for now.  No point in having our first agents be traitors.
Send two agents each to Kolechia and Antegria and one to the ministry of finance to root out corruption.
What the fuck is wrong with you guys.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2014, 03:21:50 pm »

+1, except name.

Republica Department of Affairs (RDoA) is, I think, a better name.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

MrVoid

• Bay Watcher
  • Leaning on Lady Luck
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2014, 03:25:25 pm »

+1, except name.

Republica Department of Affairs (RDoA) is, I think, a better name.
+1
What the fuck is wrong with you guys.

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2014, 10:48:06 pm »

Republia office of internal peace

Also I agree, we should begin hiring this 5 agents.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2014, 11:00:11 pm »

I find the classics are best: The ministry of Love ("MiniLuv")

As for hiring 5 agents, let's see what sort of talent we get to work with first- we need to run background checks on everyone we hire. People who are too clean are hard to control- either they are boy scouts both unsuited for covert ops and lacking leverage to pressure them when a hard choice comes, or else they are undercover agents with freshly baked papers.
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

Evil Marahadja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2014, 01:23:14 am »

(Your staff will do their best to find suiting candidates, you can also be more specific IE; Someone with fighting skill, Former detectives, Language masters etc. The more specific you are, the harder it will be to find a candidate though.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2014, 02:21:18 am »

((So in theory, for shits and giggles, we could have them search for people with a fetish for the concept of the color purple but a absolute distaste of the aformented color?))

Evil Marahadja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2014, 03:22:48 am »

((So in theory, for shits and giggles, we could have them search for people with a fetish for the concept of the color purple but a absolute distaste of the aformented color?))

(Of course, but if your staff would find such a person is another question.)

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2014, 11:27:27 am »

In that case, lets recruit people with fluent knowledge of atleast one other language and basic knowledge of how codes work
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2014, 11:42:28 am »

We need 1 each of people who speak fluent Kolechian and Antegrian (we're talking accent, idioms, cultural references, etc. not the basic understanding that comes from speaking Republian) and willing to do work on location. Another agent with analytic experience and and a good understanding of Federal and Imporian. Finally we need 2 infiltrators for the democratic and monarchist groups. For the monarchist, someone with noble blood would be nice, if available.
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

3man75

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2014, 12:56:05 pm »

We need 1 each of people who speak fluent Kolechian and Antegrian (we're talking accent, idioms, cultural references, etc. not the basic understanding that comes from speaking Republian) and willing to do work on location. Another agent with analytic experience and and a good understanding of Federal and Imporian. Finally we need 2 infiltrators for the democratic and monarchist groups. For the monarchist, someone with noble blood would be nice, if available.

Monarchist are trying to kill us and have rebeles blowing up our factories and power plants. Also, we should try and infiltrate the rebels and i propose someone with particular hatred of those rebel groups but that hasn't been able to do anything about it yet.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2014, 01:03:32 pm »

Monarchist are trying to kill us and have rebeles blowing up our factories and power plants.
Hence the infiltration. I'm not suggesting we have tea and crumpets with them. ::)

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2014, 01:44:38 pm »

PTW
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

3man75

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2014, 06:17:42 pm »

Monarchist are trying to kill us and have rebeles blowing up our factories and power plants.
Hence the infiltration. I'm not suggesting we have tea and crumpets with them. ::)

Why would we have one of there possible supporters infiltrate them? Shouldn't it be someone who dislikes them? Someone who lost there father or mother in an attack? That way we know for CERTAIN that they'd be an agent to infiltrate and give us info regularly. An if needed, send in the army to capture there leaders and get him out of there.

EDIT: Or her.
Pages: [1] 2