Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Is an "+18" mod possible?  (Read 26465 times)

RoguelikesESP

• Bay Watcher
  • The english is NOT my native language. Sorry.
    • View Profile
Is an "+18" mod possible?
« on: October 19, 2014, 06:30:34 pm »

Funny question, but, is it possible? Like Seduction Quest or Noxico? It would be extremely interesting and funny in Adventure Mode.

Octobomb

• Bay Watcher
  • I like pens
    • View Profile
Re: Is an "+18" mod possible?
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2014, 06:33:21 pm »

I wouldn't go down that path. Bad things will happen.
I saw 5 people with fedoras in my town yesterday.
They're the special biohazard containment agent, out to deal with m'laria.
Sig
Bay12's resident tea drinkers

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2014, 06:50:14 pm »

Sure.  Why not?

Go ahead and spend the time programming it.  I guarantee it'll take more time than you think, and nobody will help you.

But sure.  Go ahead.  Just don't expect anyone else to do it for you.

RoguelikesESP

• Bay Watcher
  • The english is NOT my native language. Sorry.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2014, 08:23:25 pm »

Sure.  Why not?

Go ahead and spend the time programming it.  I guarantee it'll take more time than you think, and nobody will help you.

Wow, your game is pretty gray ._.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2014, 08:49:46 pm »

Quote from: Forum Guidelines
Do not discuss sexually oriented material.  There are exceptions to this rule, such as passing discussions of sexual content in movies, books, computer games, etc. in topics not directed specifically at the sexual material in question, but no sexually themed topics are allowed.  Sharing erotic images and erotic roleplaying are not permitted.  If you want to turn each other on, there are plenty of outlets for that.  This is not one of them.  Please refrain from sharing your sex life.

Even if the mod is possible, I don't think Toady would approve.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2014, 12:28:39 am »

He'll certainly remove your thread if you publish a mod revolving around such. Probably get deleted from dffd as well.

But yeah, even working within the limits of the raws you should be able to do something crazy enough.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2014, 12:34:54 am »

It's certainly possible, just don't post about it.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

scamtank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2014, 04:34:44 am »

Wow, your game is pretty gray ._.

Can the sass. Addressing the lack of rape* in a roguelike isn't a too agreeable goal for decent people.

* it's ALWAYS rape content, why do you think Toady made it a bannable offense? You're not the first!

Teldin

• Bay Watcher
  • Canadian Bacon
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2014, 07:07:46 am »

It's been done.

Starmantis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2014, 12:00:39 pm »

Im pretty sure that there was at one point a succubus mod, wasnt that 18+?

That said, I would be careful about it.

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
  • if (ANNOYED_W_FANS==true) { KILL_CHAR(rand()); }
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2014, 03:14:10 pm »

Im pretty sure that there was at one point a succubus mod, wasnt that 18+?

That mod doesn't actually involve anything graphic.  There are some dicey subjects like slavery and corruption, but nothing like what you're wanting.

I'm not even sure why you would want it in the first place.  As far as vehicles for fetishes go, DF would be a pretty poor ride.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2014, 03:46:51 pm »

Well, there's the Masterwork succubus mod, but I remember there being a non-MW succubus/incubus mod that derailed into necrophilia jokes and got Toadhammered.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2014, 03:52:03 pm »

I wouldn't go down that path. Bad things will happen.

This.  You could very easily add extra parts, and Ive heard of separate testing/mods for different things, but ultimately we like our chains to be use to tie up thieves and our whips to go through steel helms :P

So to answer the question, yes, Im sure its possible to some limited degree, but its best you go to a more graphically friendly game for that.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Nopenope

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2014, 04:56:55 pm »

Sure.  Why not?

To be honest every single project on the bay12 forum (including DF itself) is maintained by a single-guy team, with the sole exception of dfhack, so it's not like it'd make a big difference.

Also there was at some point a NSFW called "goblin fortress" with speciated dildos and dwarves/humans/elves as pets, so there's that.
Never quite understood myself why everyone was a-okay with children getting their eyes gouged out and genocide and people getting beaten to death with their own vomit but the slightest mention of anything remotely sexual was banhammer-liable.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2014, 05:01:11 pm by Nopenope »

ArKFallen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bohandean Desserter
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2014, 05:03:26 pm »

Well, there's the Masterwork succubus mod, but I remember there being a non-MW succubus/incubus mod that derailed into necrophilia jokes and got Toadhammered.
How far back? 2 years back I updated Squeegy's original -cubus mod under the name Lust Demon, with genitalia added to a good portion of vanilla creatures. I don't remember any necrophilia jokes in that thread; it was hammered eventually for violating forum code. No fuss.

He'll certainly remove your thread if you publish a mod revolving around such. Probably get deleted from dffd as well.
Whether it gets smacked from dffd likely is based on description, the aforementioned mod was hammered from the forum but is still floating around in dffd.

But yeah, if you do decide to make something along those lines don't make a mod thread. If doing it for its own sake/for yourself is not enough motivation to put all the work in I recommend not doing so at all. Goes for most types of mods honestly.
Hm, have you considered murder?  It's either that or letting it go.
SigText
I logged back on ;_;
Pages: [1] 2 3 4