Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: [REGENERATES]  (Read 6616 times)

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
Re: [REGENERATES]
« Reply #15 on: October 04, 2014, 08:41:41 am »

Im not entirely sure I understand what you mean?
Syndromes be cheaty yo.  I want the head of the hydra to come back, not its claw and shine.  Shouldnt lose the scarring and other damage to gain the head.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 04, 2014, 09:29:08 am »

The only drawback to having revelation regeneration (damned smartphone autocorrect) parameters is that tags with parameters can't be added or removed with syndromes.  Given that, some kind of on/off tag is probably best and having the speed based on healing rate.  Could even have [REGENERATES] and [REGENERATES_SUPER] to use two different time scales.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2014, 12:43:48 pm by Dirst »
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

Enchiridion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 04, 2014, 09:46:39 am »

The only drawback to having revelation parameters is that tags with parameters can't be added or removed with syndromes.  Given that, some kind of on/off tag is probably best and having the speed based on healing rate.  Could even have [REGENERATES] and [REGENERATES_SUPER] to use two different time scales.
Hmm point taken. I suppose that would require a more intricate system of managing file interactions. But such syndromes would be fun would they not?

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 04, 2014, 12:48:55 pm »

The only drawback to having revelation parameters is that tags with parameters can't be added or removed with syndromes.  Given that, some kind of on/off tag is probably best and having the speed based on healing rate.  Could even have [REGENERATES] and [REGENERATES_SUPER] to use two different time scales.
Hmm point taken. I suppose that would require a more intricate system of managing file interactions. But such syndromes would be fun would they not?
One other bit that I didn't mention was that interaction immunity can hinge on on/off tags (at least those that Toady specifically puts in the IT_REQUIRES and IT_FORBIDDEN lists).

So maybe something like [REGENERATES] for regeneration at 1/10th the normal healing rate and [REGENERATES_SUPER] for regeneration at the creature's normal healing rate.  Pulped parts can be treated pretty much as if they're missing and therefore need to grow back completely.
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 05, 2014, 02:19:42 am »

Waaant.

Toady, this shit be the dopeness, yo
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Robosaur

• Bay Watcher
  • [POOP:INORGANIC: NUCLEAR_BOMBS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 07, 2014, 08:31:40 am »

I kinda figured REGENERATES_SUPER would be in a matter of seconds.
You are a terrible person and the sad truth is deep down you know it.

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 07, 2014, 09:14:58 am »

I kinda figured REGENERATES_SUPER would be in a matter of seconds.
It could go either way: one normal and one slowed down, or one normal and the other sped up.  But having something regenerate in a matter of seconds is kinda game-breaking.  I know I don't want to have the bastard son of Wolverine and Sylar making a mockery of the combat system.
Just got back, updating:

Robosaur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 07, 2014, 10:44:26 am »

I do.

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 07, 2014, 11:03:36 am »

I do.
So just give the tissues a HEALING_RATE of 1.
Just got back, updating:

Robosaur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 09, 2014, 07:34:33 pm »

That'd work, assuming we got the REGENERATES tag in.
I do hope though that people would eventually realize that chopping off a rapidly regenerating Hydra's head is pointless before long, and start attacking the legs or heart instead, though.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 09, 2014, 08:28:07 pm »

or we could make it take this route http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0326.html
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

WertyMiniBot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 10, 2015, 03:01:23 am »

If regrowing limbs was a valid token, then regrowing nerves would have to be one too.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 10, 2015, 07:51:32 am »

If regrowing limbs was a valid token, then regrowing nerves would have to be one too.

Nerves can't be chopped off, they just don't heal. You can add a tag to them to make them heal.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Enchiridion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 13, 2015, 05:02:52 am »

Pages: 1 [2]