- 0 (0%)
Politics!
- 0 (0%)
Resource Management!
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: January 18, 2015, 01:39:02 pm

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 250

Author Topic: Necromechanic (BEING REBOOTED, CHECK OP/LATEST POST FOR DETAILS)  (Read 269206 times)

MedicInDisquise

• Bay Watcher
  • Disappointment Incarnate
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) DR Mini: Necro-Mechanic
« Reply #15 on: October 21, 2014, 04:54:31 pm »

Snarl at them, to show dominance. This is how cat-2-cat relations work, right?
GENERATION 12: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2014, 05:20:38 pm »

Snarl at them, to show dominance. This is how cat-2-cat relations work, right?

If we have claws show it to them. Make sure our glare is looking right into there souls...

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 21, 2014, 05:30:57 pm »

Bark! We're a Kitsune~

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 21, 2014, 05:32:08 pm »

Bark! We're a Kitsune~

+1 for the lolz :D

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 21, 2014, 05:54:07 pm »

You snap at them, barking and snarling, and surprisingly, it works, the creatures flee the scene.

(Honestly, I was surprised at the time just how invigorating giving into my instincts was, especially when it keeps me from being dinner.)

You find a One-eyed Rat skeleton, and considering it's small size, dig it up to take along, Bones are a wonderful material for a necromancer, you can reanimate them, pound them into feed for zombies, infuse spells in them, the possibilities are endless! As soon as you can recover some of your own energy that is...

You come to a massive low hanging plateau, It would take a while to go around, but at the same time, it might be dangerous to go over. or you could just loiter around it for a while until nighttime.

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Spells (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Undead (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Materials (click to show/hide)

(I suppose now would be a good time to say, you can -Try- to learn just about any kind of spell or action for 1 PP, but it is far easier if you already get the concept behind it, or know spells that are similar.  and in the same vein, you can harvest, craft, or build freely with materials at hand by spending Elbow Grease. You get both of these by resting, and you can attempt to focus on any stat while resting for a chance to raise it, or refresh more of it.)
« Last Edit: October 21, 2014, 06:13:17 pm by Shadestyle »
You are now having excessive amounts of fun

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 21, 2014, 06:10:07 pm »

Loiter! Strip the resources from the land!

MedicInDisquise

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 21, 2014, 06:36:44 pm »

Make a staff, perhaps it could jog your memory? Using some of that Wood and a skull for that Rat Skeleton could work.

Loiter! Strip the resources from the land!

+1 to this as well.
GENERATION 12: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 21, 2014, 07:23:56 pm »

The work is slow and meticulous, but eventually you craft a small staff from the wood and rat skull. -1 Elbow grease.

"It's been such a long time since I have used a staff of the apprentice caliber, small steps I suppose. If memory serves, the skull is a good place for "fermenting" magic, by storing a stock of my own mana inside it, and plugging the holes with something, I can let it fester into truly dead magic, forcibly separated from it's owner, and the longer I keep it in there, the more foul it would get.

You gather berries, grasses, and large pebbles, gathering them into a pile. -1 Elbow grease

The berries smell great, the grasses are long, and there are a wide variety of pebbles, some as big as your paw.

You are exhausted from your manual labor, you will be unable to do much that involves hard work until you get some rest.

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Spells (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Undead (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Materials (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: October 21, 2014, 07:28:47 pm by Shadestyle »

MedicInDisquise

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 21, 2014, 07:25:28 pm »

Try to put some Mana into your staff and plug it with dirt (why waste food?), eat some berries, have a nice chat with the zombie, and sleep.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 21, 2014, 07:26:38 pm »

Try to put some Mana into your skull and plug it with dirt (why waste food?), eat some berries, have a nice chat with the zombie, and sleep.
You don't have any power left, I don't think, unless necromantic power is different from basic magic.

Super late edit: Also, IDENTIFICATION SCROLL TIME!

And this one is about our death/Fire fruit:

Spoiler: The Ghosts Poem! (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 31, 2015, 01:18:22 am by Execute/Dumbo.exe »
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 21, 2014, 07:28:27 pm »

They are basically the same for a necromancer, but i will relabel it mana to avoid confusion.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 21, 2014, 07:30:46 pm »

They are basically the same for a necromancer, but i will relabel it mana to avoid confusion.
Right, now, question.
Does the material used when plugging change anything?
Alan help.

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 21, 2014, 07:38:04 pm »

"It won't magically leak for no reason, but once that stuff starts to really get rotting, it can cause weird crap to happen, plugging it with dirt wouldn't last long, but the dirt itself would be foul, magical, and rotten to the last granule when the necromantic magic finally got harsh enough to melt it. Bones are the best, but it takes perfectly shaped bones to make it airtight, I heard a rumor a couple months before the incident about a necromancer who crushed up bones, mixed them with water, and then baked them into a container, but those are just rumors as far as I am concerned. It would take someone skilled to bake bones without charring and consecrating them."

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 21, 2014, 07:40:14 pm »

Ah ha, so plugging it with materials that aren't suitable cause said material to be infused with said necromantic energy.
Final question before an action, could said dirt be used for anything, like... I dunno, using it for evil graveyards?
Alan help.

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 21, 2014, 07:50:13 pm »

Ah ha, so plugging it with materials that aren't suitable cause said material to be infused with said necromantic energy.
Final question before an action, could said dirt be used for anything, like... I dunno, using it for evil graveyards?

"Is corpses buried in it straight up becoming natural zombies 'evil' enough for you? the only problem with that is that those zombies would be uncontrollable, and I would have to still spend a small amount of time and effort bringing them under my control, which could REALLY become a problem since those zombies might have been dangerous in life, or strong willed enough to wretch their soul back from the abyss, you know what is worse than a paladin? An undieing paladin who is resistant if not outright immune to mortal and necromantic weapons. But I digress, Tainted soil also has many uses, though normally the necromancer will ferment magic normally, and then pour it ON the soil for maximum control over it's level of corruption."
« Last Edit: October 21, 2014, 07:52:18 pm by Shadestyle »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 250