- 0 (0%)
Politics!
- 0 (0%)
Resource Management!
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: January 18, 2015, 01:39:02 pm

Pages: 1 ... 133 134 [135] 136 137 ... 250

Author Topic: Necromechanic (BEING REBOOTED, CHECK OP/LATEST POST FOR DETAILS)  (Read 266615 times)

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
Re: (Mostly-ISG) Darkness Redeemed: Necromechanic
« Reply #2010 on: May 10, 2015, 06:51:48 pm »

Bags of holding are good, but I think we can do better than a simple bag.
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2011 on: May 10, 2015, 07:46:59 pm »

What about a tophat? Then we can pull stuff out of it.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2012 on: May 10, 2015, 07:59:52 pm »

Shouldn't we have the next tier of Artifice?
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #2013 on: May 10, 2015, 08:40:22 pm »

Yes, the homunculus book Includes cloning, Next tier in fact.

The dragonhide is identical in all but origin.

"Demonic transactions are based on: how valuable it is to you, as in how hard it was to obtain, How valuable it is based on an average of demon and human world Markets, and Based on the judgement of an arbiter on a case by case basis for particularly big Transactions. the same is true, but reversed for the demon you are trading with."

"I cannot get a transcript of the current laws, but basically, it is one huge farce, A lot of demons have regressed to imps because they would rather hoard what they own then deal with the horrific bureaucracy of Trying to retain debt for any reasonable period. The more you owe, the longer they get to collect it. So big trades will attract the best deals, even to the point of you getting a little more than you should on a trade, and small deals will at best be an even trade on the spot, or at worst they will try to extort you just for wasting their time. Some demons are even desperate enough to sell themselves into slavery just to escape hell and register under the powerless laws, which allow them to receive as much power as their master will allow them, based on the master's income, current wealth, and Debt owed to him. Some Humans use otherwise useless debt to Grant a demon under their service power, and are for the most part immune to Demonic laws regarding it. these laws are limited to demons who are no more than 1/100 their masters power in terms of magic, wealth, and debt, and after that, arbiters start poking around."

"The pride of the demon world has gone down drastically in recent millennia, Due to these changes. It used to be the most proud and generous demons ruled, while the greedy peons were trodden underfoot. But all that wealth and no power leads to an imbalance the practice of Reverse debt has completely fallen out of practice, where a demon could use the same power as a god to fuffil a worthy debt... But now it is just another weakness, owing another. That is why demons started trading with humans you know, Because humans were not bound by their debt, and so were willing to trade with Demons who were desperate to not fall into it to another, which only spurned the bureaucracy even further.."

You ask Dublin where he got the scorpions, but he just grins; "Desert country, Scorpions, are you not as smart as a simple orc?"

You disassemble the truck, you now have everything that a normal truck would have, and one Magicite Dual Type Energy Converter Crystal Core. (MagiDTECCC)

you receive 22 Iron, 2 Platinum, and one Treasure box, from mining. inside is a mundane steel sword with a Wooden hilt, Leather bindings and three diamonds in the Guard and pommel.

The Gourdberry is growing fantastically, around 20 buds are on the Large vine.

Wizard butler has captured 1 Bandit, this one is female, but just as caustic and ill mannered as the rest. The lack of a mask is the only reason you knew this fact.

You just had a bad sleep after a long day. Future rests will probably be much better. The bed basically did all the work for that one dream.

You convince Harkim To go animal hunting with you, As Gallarn't and wizard butler are interrogating the new bandit, and Dublin is cooking. You don't dare ask The fairy.

You capture 2 Live rabbits, live 12 Scorpions, and 1 Dead of each, along with searching out a beetle and moth specifically.

Spoiler: Armok Brand Testing™ (click to show/hide)

You craft a Crackerfly, but without the knowledge to craft Secondary cores, You will not be able to Craft the possessor beetle, as there may be objects that require multiple beetles to possess.

You assign the Robot to Manage the mining operation, it is capable of Performing limited physical tasks and Managing other minions, it even helps avoid a near failure as they almost dig up in the middle of a desert.

You get to work, If you are going to make a change to your staff, it is going to be a good one. You add a large nasty looking Cryskeel Spike to the Top of your Staff, to be used as a Spear in an emergency, and a Silver Needle enchanted with Mutate and infuse, with internal channels so you can cast through it to greater effect.

It looks great.

You ask if anybody wants their gifts right now.

Can I have my stuff? I want to start doing magic as soon as I can!"

You chuckle and agree, After a bit of awkwardness you infuse his Noble clothing with Cryskeel chainmail, Enchanted with fine and comfortable, you also give him a Cryskeel Dagger, and a Platinum Telescope With clear steel lenses and a number of settings. Finally, you give him a wooden communication device, Allowing him to Talk to you and anyone else with one as well.

"Well, how do I look?"

You decide to Get a Sack as soon as possible to enchant, the spell does not make them lighter, But there is a spell that functionally does that later down the line.

You also decide to learn Teleportation, If only so you understand the principles for Spacial rend. -2 Pontification Points.

You crack open your artifice book, and Mark down the next spells you can learn. these ones are a doozy.

demonite is a reference to terraria, I should know. its one of my fave materials for building. ever made a building out of raw demonite ore? its an amazing sight.

Ding

Spoiler: Mental images made (click to show/hide)

((The Minions are assumed to be just inches out of the shot, for Ease of creation, so all you have to do is worry about Taking the shots.))

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)

Records

Public Doc
((Always welcoming new contribution!))

Spoiler: Goals (click to show/hide)

((Today's update was brought to you by the letter "A power outage ate my Freaking update", and "I hate drawing hands so much"

EDIT* Fixed the godawful pile of shit I tried to pass off as a picture of Harkim.))
« Last Edit: May 10, 2015, 09:37:01 pm by Shadestyle »
You are now having excessive amounts of fun

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2014 on: May 10, 2015, 08:57:13 pm »

What about straight up debt? Like a favor of prespecified magnitude.

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #2015 on: May 10, 2015, 09:17:41 pm »

"Yeah, those were the basis of the proud demons, they could repay any debt, by becoming more powerful as they needed it. Nowadays the Bureaucracy will come down on a demon HARD for trading debt directly. It could threaten their power. no demon in favor of living will trade debt. It's just not possible."

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
  • Slowly descending into madness
    • View Profile
« Reply #2016 on: May 10, 2015, 09:43:04 pm »

>Learn mighty flex

>Put some serum on a scorpion's tail

>Discuss scouting findings with allies

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2017 on: May 10, 2015, 09:50:05 pm »

What about him? Sounds kind of like he's on the lam from both bureaucracies.
EDIT: Am I the only one who's getting an urge to take over hell?
« Last Edit: May 10, 2015, 11:56:44 pm by The Froggy Ninja »

Fallatus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2018 on: May 11, 2015, 02:55:11 am »

Use some metal to create a bunch of cylinders with rounded edges and fill the insides with the magical/technological mechanisms to provide thrust, Attach a reinforced chain too each of them and make it so that it will attach too whatever they are instructed too (hint: it's a missile).

The plan is basically to make a bunch of remote controlled drones that will attach to the missile and then fly it as far up into the sky as possible where it cant do any damage.
If this is an undesired outcome, Then make some anyways just because we can and because we might have later use of it.

Or we could just maybe animate a lot of skeleton metal dust and fly it into the buildings foundation/supporting structure, Making it brittle and easily broken, then we just apply sufficient force and WHAM! the entire building falls down under its own weight. (with a little help from us.)

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
« Reply #2019 on: May 11, 2015, 06:23:29 am »

Bounce mana of the demonite
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2020 on: May 11, 2015, 08:32:49 am »

What about him? Sounds kind of like he's on the lam from both bureaucracies.
EDIT: Am I the only one who's getting an urge to take over hell?
YES. We will restore Hell to its former glory (with us as the leader)!

Ask the demon paladin what would be an acceptable trade for opening the chest (maybe going on a raid with him?).
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #2021 on: May 11, 2015, 08:41:36 am »

You decide to learn the legendary mighty flex, which allows you to share your mad gains, the more ripped you become, the more pronounced the effect.

You put a drop of Miracle serum onto a scorpion's tail, and it bloats up to massive size, the exoskeleton snapping like tissue paper around the new muscle.

"It's complicated. I am sure one day I will tell you my story of leaving the Hell-scape."

"The price you give is your choice, There was some armor enhancements that we were talking about Preciously that I would like. The higher the price, the better the loot from the chest.

What do you use to remote control the missiles, Do you use Golemancy, Necromancy, personal mana control, something else? What do you use to have them attach? A hooking mechanism on the chain, Pig iron mana?

The other plan you have would require a lot of Metal skeleton dust, Besides, Didn't you want to take over the building?

You bounce mana off of the Demonite chest, You receive a Malicious Gnawing mana which is covered in what looks like, to your Trained eyes is an awful lot like human and non human faces. It remains Firmly under your control though. -1 mana

You decide to Discuss What you saw with your teammates, Would you like to come up with a projector design first to improve the experience and share a visual representation of your mental images?

Spoiler: Mental images made (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)

Records

Public Doc
((Always welcoming new contribution!))

Spoiler: Goals (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 11, 2015, 08:43:22 am by Shadestyle »

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2022 on: May 11, 2015, 08:52:10 am »

Let's take a quick power nap so we can learn soulbound and harvest the mana engines. We should also try to make this even more badass if we can. Like enchanting it with Great Shield.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #2023 on: May 11, 2015, 10:27:12 am »

> Make the Alchemical Industrial Facility. Instruct the robot in all the various tasks (inducing shoveling sand so the sand hopper is ALWAYS full, and automatically casting 1 Large iron bar, 1 large glass bar, and 2 Clear Steel bars whenever the materials are available) in managing it and solving expected problems. Throw in half our remaining iron.

> Eat, rest or even powernap, because that stretched the very limits of your endurance it looks like.

> do ABT

> Tweaked possessor recepie a bit, try it again.

> Identify the tresure box sword for historical significance or any other value beyond the raw materials.

> In hindsight give Harkim a clear steel fisbown helmet, with just some minor decoration/deformation to make ot not clearly a fishbowl helmet, mostly for eye protection.
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
« Reply #2024 on: May 11, 2015, 10:38:19 am »

Test the properties of the demonite mana
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!
Pages: 1 ... 133 134 [135] 136 137 ... 250