Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Community Webfortress - Now 40.16!  (Read 20516 times)

AdeptAdventurer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Community Webfortress - Now 40.16!
« on: October 21, 2014, 04:00:25 pm »

Web Fortress 40.16 test build is now running (Praise Alloyed!) on the 3 available servers. Have at it people!

Note: Ending your turn causes the game to save. If the game appears frozen it's most likely saving so please don't click the bar multiple times, it'll cause the game to queue multiple saves.

Current release: v2.0 (DF34.11 R5)
https://github.com/Ankoku/df-webfort/releases

Join the chaos, host a server of your own, gen worlds, discuss strategies in the chat and most importantly, have fun! Create your own server and share it with your friends and the Bay12 forums and also, join the Github project at https://github.com/Ankoku/df-webfort the more people the merrier.

There are 3 servers right now, found below:

Ankoku's Fortress Mode Server:
http://68.103.234.45:8080/webfort.html

Dragoon209's Modded Fortress Mode Server:
urist.is-a-geek.com:8080

AdventureHost's Webfortress Fort / Adventure Mode Server:
http://95.96.39.104:8080/

Current known problems:
- Function keys (F1, F2, etc) for [H]otkeys presently do not work. Workaround is to use the number keys with Ctrl and Shift as the modifiers.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2014, 02:07:27 pm by AdeptAdventurer »

Salmeuk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Community Webfortress
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2014, 09:51:35 am »

I'm surprised this hasn't been commented on - the fortress itself is a disgusting mess of blocks and clothing, but the concept is great and the implementation pretty wonderful.

I dug out a circular room and set up some block production on repeat, then left. A few days later I checked back in and someone has expanded the room, smoothed the walls, and started work on a quantum block stockpile. I felt pretty proud!

Maybe we could set up a time to all get on an chat about our various playstyles and strats.

EinsteinSatDown

• Bay Watcher
  • Return to the Corn Fields
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2014, 10:50:53 am »

I just stumbled upon this.
Commencing participation.

Seeker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2014, 02:10:29 am »

Hey I'm the guy running the fort mode server
just want to clarify
its not a decided  server at the moment but as soon as i get more tech ram/GPU) ill do my best to make it a permanent server ( i bought  a server  tower just for it), im technically inept but ill still try and do my best  to meed the needs of the players and the modders im eager to learn, but also a casual so, please be patient with me, i really (REALLY){(REALLY}) WANT this to be successful also thank you to the people who are working on this  since, again im a filthy casual( with big dreams )

also

want to ask
is the spectator mode supported on windows or is it still Ubuntu only

if you have it windows supported and you haven't already  put in a pull request/ let me know if i need to down load the zip and update

AdeptAdventurer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2014, 01:20:28 pm »

Hey I'm the guy running the fort mode server
just want to clarify
its not a decided  server at the moment but as soon as i get more tech ram/GPU) ill do my best to make it a permanent server ( i bought  a server  tower just for it), im technically inept but ill still try and do my best  to meed the needs of the players and the modders im eager to learn, but also a casual so, please be patient with me, i really (REALLY){(REALLY}) WANT this to be successful also thank you to the people who are working on this  since, again im a filthy casual( with big dreams )

also

want to ask
is the spectator mode supported on windows or is it still Ubuntu only

if you have it windows supported and you haven't already  put in a pull request/ let me know if i need to down load the zip and update

I've sent you a private message regarding the updated files.

Seeker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2014, 01:47:16 pm »

ok web fort server has FINALLY BEEN UPDATED

Seeker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2014, 06:27:51 pm »

alright since we have a thread just for the webfort i figure  what we can do with it is use it to keep track of whats going on in the webfort ,
so so, if you take a turn and it lasts more then a year, write what you've done, and whats happened, in this thread, also, when you make a lever, put stuff around it and post what its linked to and whats around it so people can know what that lever does.

have fun playing, I'd really appreciate if you'd tell your friends about this/ spread it around,
at the moment there is no fortress so feel free to start one.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2014, 06:30:16 pm by Seeker »

DVNO

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2014, 03:06:47 am »

The following record smells horridly of alcohol, brimstone, and cheese.

MarkMansions, 17th of Granite, year 563

Eup, su we bern tolde ter get up and a move on with the diggin', Em hm. No sense on walk'in all this way fer' a mountain home settlement if there'n ain't no settlement, em hm. We dugg'in a good eight ursts into the ground an' built a dinin' room, a kitchen, and some sleep'in holes, mh hm.

The entrance ain't the most secure but we put us some of the meanest, hungriest dogs to guard it, mh hm. Even a glowey eye or a sneaky swipe would huve a bad day if 'un all three caught it's scent, reckon.  em hmm.

~ Deeves

((Bookmarked the webfort page, I'll add more when I can))
« Last Edit: October 27, 2014, 03:12:13 am by DVNO »
Al mondo mal non e senza rimedio

Reach me via Bitmessage ~ BM-2DC7sWixk2iSKThdX9thhyrxWBeWRXUEv9

Zaroua

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2014, 10:06:32 am »

Did some basic early stuff like setting up a (safe) farm, setting up bedrooms, doing bed/mechanism/door production. I dug out a nice magma smelter/forge area, started training the engraver and bought the anvil: we somehow embarked without one yet again.

AdeptAdventurer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2014, 03:08:57 pm »

I have updated the opening post to include installation instructions. Have a go at it people.

McMagma

• Bay Watcher
  • McMagma, Fortress Addict.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2014, 06:31:30 pm »

Dug some stockpiles and workshops, and use the hotkeys (its ctrl+1(2,3,...) since you can't use fx in browsers) the ones that are in use are named, that should help new people.

XXXXYYYY

• Bay Watcher
  • Been a long time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2014, 11:15:34 am »

This is amazing. The implementation is incredible and I will be participating in this in the future.
Oooooooo. I know. ClF3. That should be a fun surprise.

Dragoon209

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2014, 03:47:16 pm »

Hello,

I'm also hosting a fort at urist.is-a-geek.com:8080

It's running a slightly modded server:
  • Mithril metal can be found in certain places.  It is in small clusters, and is a little stronger than steel.
  • Leather can be upgraded to 5 different tiers.  Details can be found in the Leather Mod linked in my signature.

Have fun!
Check out my mini-mods:
Upgradable Leather Tiers
Block Crafting Workshop

Have you played Webfort yet?  It's a way to play Dwarf Fortress in a web browser with your friends!  Come check it out at:
Community Web Fortress

AdeptAdventurer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2014, 03:11:18 pm »

We're getting really close to squashing the connectivity issues. Right now the only problem is that when a person's 10 minute turn runs out, if they try to take a turn again their turn immediately ends again as if the timer remembers them. Fixed by a quick refresh.

As always, have !FUN!
« Last Edit: November 06, 2014, 03:59:29 pm by AdeptAdventurer »

foxsoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 06, 2014, 11:24:23 pm »

I went and played on both Ankoku's and Dragoon's server. I like how you can change tile sets by modifying the hyperlink. I enjoy my curses~
Pages: [1] 2 3 4