Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 34

Author Topic: The Halfway Haus of Madness, the Sequel! Day 20: Tiberium Fortune!  (Read 44898 times)

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile

Ladies and gentlemen, it is time once again to host the Bay12 Halfway Haus of Madness. With the sudden surge of interest in Sims LPs, I've been told numerous times that I should revive mine. So, I am. There's a catch, though: it won't be updated super-frequently, as I don't have a lot of time to myself. I'll do my best to keep up with it and not let it die off completely, but I make no promises.

The crew so far is:

1: MaximumZero
2: Wolfeyez
3: Japa
4: Sappho
5: Vector
6: RedKing
7: Yoink
8: Capt. Kal
9: Tiruin
10: Sanju

Graduates: scrdest
Deceased: Barbarossa TSG (drowned in the pool, Day 13) Burnt Pies (magic jellybean, Day 14)

Waitlist: Vorthon, Boksi?, Sheb, NAV, Reudh, Caroline, MetalSlimeHunt, Shakerag, flabort, Sinistar

NPC'd: HugoLuman, Birdy51, scriver, darkpaladin109

Wolfeyez states that we always need more girls. I tend to agree. The lack of diversity in the waitlist isn't super-awful, but it is quite lacking.

If you want to join, post:
  • A picture or physical description. (The photo share counts, just link me.)
A physical description needs to be detailed. "White male of average height and build" doesn't really help me much, and if you give me one of these I will have to make stuff up. That stuff may or may not be flattering. Your call.
  • Five traits. If you pick one or more that leans toward insanity, that will increase your priority for entry into the Haus.
  • A Lifetime Wish. Please note that some of these are extremely difficult to finish, and may require mitigating circumstances to do so. I may have to employ the mercy rule, like in kids' baseball. Example: The Cat Herder requires you to befriend 15 cats. That will take forever, so I may have to call it after just knowing 15 cats. Furthermore, some will be impossible1.  Please don't pick them. See the list at the very bottom of this very post before you choose one, please.

• Favorites: Color, Food, and Music. These aren't terribly important, but eating your favorite food always nets you a good moodlet and hearing your favorite music does the same. I haven't found color to be useful.
  • Your Zodiac sign. It's actually a little bit useful.
  • Pick a "default action". This is for when I get to update and you haven't told me what you want to do. I'll just have you do this.
  • Finally, pick one Skill to start higher than zero. Mine is Martial Arts, but you can pick any of the non-hidden skills. For example: I have a feeling that Vector and Japa would choose Logic (which they did not, hur hur,) where Barbarossa TSG would choose athletic.

FAQ:

So, how does this work?
I'll be playing one sim day at a time, trying to keep the inhabitants of the Halfway Haus from killing themselves, me, and the other residents. Each player gets two actions per Sim day, and the rest is up to their virtual counterpart. Other than their two actions, I will not be controlling them directly.

Will you keep track of our individual money?
Probably not, although I tend to make a lot of money, so if there's something you really want and have a good reason to have it, by all means, tell me.

Can you win?
Absolutely, and here's how. A) You fulfill your lifetime wish. B) You make the top of any Career path. C) You master your starting skill and any two others, or hit any three skill challenges. D) You have a long history of good behaviour and show mental stability on all fronts. Fulfill any of those goals, and you win the game, move out, and let the next poor slob take your spot. You're ready to be out on your own.

scrdest has won via Lifetime Wish fulfillment.

What restrictions are on us?
A) You cannot leave the Haus alone. I have to be with you, and I can't leave the rest of the Haus residents alone, either. That means you all have to agree to go somewhere, or we don't go. No international travel at all.
B) You cannot be employed full time. You're in a mental institution halfway haus, after all. You may take a part time job if you desire.
C) No pets or overly dangerous things.

How do we lift those restrictions?
Restrictions a and b are pretty simple to lift. To lift restriction a, you need a Writ of Good Behaviour from me. It can be revoked at any time, so if you really want to go shopping or to the club, you need to be on your best behaviour all the time. To lift b and work full time, get a part time job and get promoted twice. That will show me that you can handle working without incident. It will also probably get you your own room. Restriction C cannot be lifted. Sorry, pet lovers.

Why a Halfway Haus of Madness?
Have you seen Bay12 lately? We're a bunch of whackjobs. Face it, we all need to be in an asylum.

What happens if I die or something?
Next person up. Your tombstone goes in the back yard (we're licensed for that), and someone else takes your spot. Tragic, but it happens sometimes.

Thus far: Barbarossa and BurntPies have succumbed to the Haus' madness.

What happens if I'm a background character?
I don't control you at all, you get no actions, and you don't live at the Halfway Haus. That said, the players can still interact with you if you show up, and I'll remove someone from the world for you to take their spot. That said, if you don't want to be in a waitlist and don't mind cameo roles, this is for you.

HugoLuman, Birdy51, Scriver, and DarkPaladin109 are background characters, currently. scrdest has been promoted to background character via winning.

What neighborhood are we in?
Aurora Skies.

I'm not sure if I want to sign up, and I need more information.
Take a peek here.

Is this a Vanilla game of the Sims?
Oh, hell no. I have well over three dozen mods and hundreds of extra items and clothing pieces that I play with. Expect a little bit of weirdness.

Which Lifetime Wishes are unobtainable and why?1
Need to add people/Pets to the Haus: Mosnter Maker, More than a Machine, Surrounded by Family, The Animal Rescuer, The Ark Builder, The Fairy Tale Finder, The Jockey, The Zoologist
Require travel: Great Explorer, High Tech Collector, Made the Most of My Time, Major Master, Martial Arts Master (possibly, not enough research into mods done yet,) Perfect Student, Seasoned Traveler
Require you to be Supernatural: Greener Gardens, Leader of the Pack, Magic Makeover, Mystic Healer, Turn the Town, Zombie Master
Buggy in general: Fashion Phenomenon, Firefighter Super Hero, Home Design Hotshot, Paranormal Profiteer, Pervasive Private Eye
Wrong neighborhood (Needs to be Isla Paradisio, we're not there):Deep Sea Diver, Grand Explorer, Resort Empire, Seaside Savior

I know that's a lot, but the way we're going to be playing is somewhat restricted.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2015, 10:47:05 pm by MaximumZero »

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
Re: The Halfway Haus of Madness, the Sequel!
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2014, 04:20:09 pm »

Appearance: Recent photo share here. I'm 5'10" and ~125 pounds. That picture is rather low-resolution but I do have mutton chops that extend to a point down my face between the outsides of my eyebrows and the outside corners of my eyes.

Traits: Athletic, Computer Whiz, Good, Night Owl, Workaholic

Lifetime Wish: Jack of All Trades

Favorites: Aqua, Steak, What, no power metal? Rock, I guess.

Zodiac: Scorpio

Default Action: Learn how to do something

Skill: Hopscotch Athletic works.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2014, 04:21:51 pm by Barbarossa TSG »

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2014, 04:29:09 pm »

Muhahahahaha!

1. Picture: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=48718.msg2558430
2. Traits: Natural Cook, Loves the Heat, Hydrophobic, Flirty, Hot-Headed
3. Lifetime Wish: Celebrated Five-Star Chef
4. Favorites: Irish Green, Aloo Masala Curry, Songwriter
5. Zodiac: Scorpio
6. Default action: Play video games.
7. Starting skill: Cooking

So, sort of a lecherous Gordon Ramsey wannabe.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2014, 05:11:41 pm »

I guess I'll sign up, then.

1: Picts: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=48718.msg5689664#msg5689664
2: Traits: Absent-minded, Heavy Sleeper, Virtuoso, Loves the Cold, Ambitious
3: Wish: Swimming in Cash
4: Favs: Red, French Toast, Rock/Custom if you use it
5: Zodiac: Eh, Leo?
6: Default: Play guitar
7: Starting skill: Guitar
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Burnt Pies

• Bay Watcher
  • Captain Brunch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2014, 06:39:03 pm »

1. Small, skinny, brown haired female. Wears trousers and long sleeved tops in dark blue, purple or black.
2. Bookworm, Childish, Eccentric, Hates the outdoors, Couch Potato
3. Professional Author
4. Aqua, Tri-tip Steak, Digitunes
5. Taurus
6. Write
7. Writing
I can read box now
Also, I am a bit drunk
Refrigerator

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2014, 10:15:17 pm »

1. Recent photo. I dress like a professor, or rather like someone trying to dress like a professor.
2. Traits: Grumpy, Light Sleeper, Perfectionist, Loner, Bookworm
3. Lifetime Wish: The Perfect Garden
4. Favorites: Burnt Spice, Key Lime Pie, Classical
5. Zodiac: Aquarius
6. Default action: Paint
7. Starting skill: Charisma (LOL)
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum

« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2014, 10:21:01 pm »

PTW this.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2014, 11:01:10 pm »

1. Here
2. Computer Whiz, Over-Emotional, Vegetarian, Couch Potato, Bookworm
3. Become a Creature-Robot Cross Breeder
4. Blue, Pumpkin Pie, Rock
5. Pisces
6. Tinker
7. Handiness

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2014, 04:47:31 pm »

Quote from: random.org
There were 2 items in your list. Here they are in random order:

1. Burnt Pies
   2. scrdest
Burnt Pies claims the last spot!

Meet the Crew!

Spoiler: MaximumZero (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Vector (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Japa (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: RedKing (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Barbarossa (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Sappho (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Burnt Pies (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 23, 2014, 05:52:17 pm by MaximumZero »

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2014, 06:42:33 pm »

Pee tee dubs.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2014, 07:56:55 pm »

So, here we go! Day 1 begins.

We have an amazingly swank pad, due to my awesome financial planning. We actually have quite a bit of money left, but I’m kind of saving that for haushold expenses. Day one began decent enough and got a little bit weirder as time went on. Exactly as you’d expect out of a house Haus full of Bay12ers.

Note: Certain people (Vector, RedKing, and Barbarossa,) always have a positive moodlet for…being around someone attractive. I still haven’t isolated who it is that hands out the moodlet, and why it doesn’t affect any of the others.

I don’t know how you guys get by on a handful of pictures for your updates. I’m using 45 or so of the ones I took, and there were plenty more that didn’t turn out the way I wanted them, or were irrelevant. Anyway, update ahoy!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
All in all, not a bad day.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2014, 08:16:31 pm »

dear god it looks exactly like me *_*
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2014, 08:18:54 pm »

PTW
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

Worldmaster27

• Bay Watcher
  • Doop
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2014, 08:19:23 pm »

PTW, very interesting.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2014, 08:20:45 pm »

PTW
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 34