Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Quests and directions  (Read 4201 times)

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
Re: Quests and directions
« Reply #15 on: October 24, 2014, 11:34:26 am »

Except that most peoples responses to things are 'it's inevitable' or 'that's terrible' or 'its terrifying', plus there are lots of bugs right now with adventure mode, so, it's just kind of hard to gauge what's actually going on and lots of other stuff.
To fix it, mostly, you must just spend some time in-game. Just leave your character with something what is presing your macro made from dots running. For hour or two.

To add on this, it appears that saving, quitting DF and loading the save is sometime fixing some problems in which NPC do not really remember (or spread) the rumours you report to them.
It worked several time for me.
The last time was when one of my characters became a necromancer, undeads were still hostile to me, but after i saved , quit then loaded, suddenly the undeads became neutral as they should have been.

A bug that is probably the reason why necromancers in towers are all killed by their undeads when the game start after worldgen is finished, because the relations are broken at gameplay time
« Last Edit: October 24, 2014, 11:36:48 am by Robsoie »

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • "Player has withdrawn from society!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 24, 2014, 11:42:37 am »

I'm greeted like a massive hero by everyone, and I've slaughtered everything that moves around me. I even killed off one elf civilization, down to the last hunters, and people greet me like a king. The emotions are broken, heavily. I think the humans might have been at war with those elves, though, so a guy who would solo the entire civ for them must be well greeted.
Quote from: Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
Quote from: Eric Blank
Places to jibber madly at each other, got it
Quote from: NJW2000
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

cyberTripping

• Bay Watcher
  • JPEG Artifactoid
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 24, 2014, 03:05:00 pm »

I'm greeted like a massive hero by everyone, and I've slaughtered everything that moves around me. I even killed off one elf civilization, down to the last hunters, and people greet me like a king. The emotions are broken, heavily. I think the humans might have been at war with those elves, though, so a guy who would solo the entire civ for them must be well greeted.

Would YOU want to accidentally (or purposely) offend someone who wiped out civilizations?
Everything's in the news today

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • "Player has withdrawn from society!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 24, 2014, 03:30:12 pm »

No, I wouldn't.
Quote from: Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
Quote from: Eric Blank
Places to jibber madly at each other, got it
Quote from: NJW2000
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 24, 2014, 04:56:33 pm »

As for the saving and reloading, whether you quit (as in exit completely) DF or not shouldn't matter.

Doing the reloading doesn't always seem to work though.
Pages: 1 [2]